Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

89 posted:

I don't know why they didn't use Stevie Richards instead.
Seems like a prime opportunity to utilize the "import CAWs from your friends" function

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If they wanted mad nerd points they should have just put Arnie in there and called him Mr Dream.

Legit a little surprised they didn't use Arnold tbh.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Seems like a prime opportunity to utilize the "import CAWs from your friends" function

HBK, HHH, and the terrifying power of the enforcer, Sonic The Hedgehog!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

simosimo posted:

I do love how current day wwe is secondary to legacy stars/periods in games.

I do wonder what very young kids think when they keep see ATTITUDE era and some bald guy getting a storrweee mode.

In 5-10 years time will the games still heavily feature the legends like mortal kombat and street fighter?

Yes. What are they gonna do? Feature the amazing storylines like Rusev vs. Ziggler and Wyatt vs. Ambrose?

Alternatively they could go the other route and feature forgotten people who were quickly let go. Vade Hansen, Kizarny, Erik Escobar, and more!! ONLY in WWE 2K19!!!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is The Enforcer one of the 120+ playable characters though?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No blood :smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nut Bunnies posted:

Yes. What are they gonna do? Feature the amazing storylines like Rusev vs. Ziggler and Wyatt vs. Ambrose?

Alternatively they could go the other route and feature forgotten people who were quickly let go. Vade Hansen, Kizarny, Erik Escobar, and more!! ONLY in WWE 2K19!!!

Seriously I imagine any young guy seeing this and getting mad is much more mad going 'oh, huh so THIS is how young talent used to get pushed' than going 'ARG STEVE AUSTIN ON A VIDEO GAME COVER NO'.

Also on topic of breakouts being actually good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSDMfbr5_Jw

I like that the lantern goes flying.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no buys

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Wrong. It's probably turned off by default like always now.

Cactus Jack has his real theme and American Bad rear end Taker has Rollin.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Ministry Taker's theme is also in there. That was probably my favorite Undertaker theme.

I wonder how that Break Out stuff is going to work for Roman Reigns' through the crowd entrance?

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 24, 2015

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

pressedbunny posted:

They've had those features in before, under different names, and it's never made that much of a difference. AI throws out whatever moves the wrestler has assigned and the high you set things the more quickly they do 'em, that's always been about it. ~6 months isn't long enough to create an intricate, customisable AI system.

It was OK in HCTP, you could work a guy's moveset and then set his personality to capitalize on it. It's not difficult.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how that Break Out stuff is going to work for Roman Reigns' through the crowd entrance?

Hilariously.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ShootaBoy posted:

Hilariously.

Breakout attack American Bad rear end Taker and get your dumb rear end ran over. I know that if you attack Sting during his entrance you can use his bat as a weapon and it will stay ringside as well.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

KungFu Grip posted:

I know that if you attack Sting during his entrance you can use his bat as a weapon and it will stay ringside as well.

I hope Tyler Breeze can do the same thing with his selfie stick.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

simosimo posted:

I do love how current day wwe is secondary to legacy stars/periods in games.

I do wonder what very young kids think when they keep see ATTITUDE era and some bald guy getting a storrweee mode.

In 5-10 years time will the games still heavily feature the legends like mortal kombat and street fighter?

Last year they had Cena/Punk as a showcase and other modern ones as DLC, and then all people did was bitch that no one wanted to recreate Mark Henry and Christian storylines.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

Last year they had Cena/Punk as a showcase and other modern ones as DLC, and then all people did was bitch that no one wanted to recreate Mark Henry and Christian storylines.

Christian's was really a Randy Orton one but also people bitched because we got tons of the same loving characters with barely anything changing them as DLC characters.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

KungFu Grip posted:

Question: How do you present Wrestlemania 14 HBK vs Austin with Mike Tyson at ringside?

Answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDnDqpy4a7Q

First off, the wrestler look HILARIOUS. HBK's arms and torso look especially weird. And for the Tyson thing, if they couldn't use him (which still cracks me up) they should have done what they did years earlier in the WWF: replace him with James "Buster" Douglas

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Davros1 posted:

First off, the wrestler look HILARIOUS. HBK's arms and torso look especially weird. And for the Tyson thing, if they couldn't use him (which still cracks me up) they should have done what they did years earlier in the WWF: replace him with James "Buster" Douglas

Frankly although the not-Tyson is hilarious, this is roughly ten times the effort on cut scenes that we were seeing even just 2-3 years ago, and the improved animations are noticeable.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Alright yeah, the freaks are back in force for 2k16 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyUcgLL-5UU

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Does Kama have a Godfather alt?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Evil Canadian posted:

Alright yeah, the freaks are back in force for 2k16 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyUcgLL-5UU

I completely lost it when from the side he looked completely normal, but when you switch back to the front view it's just a big oval.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

P decent Solomon Crowe CAW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Create a show/arena looks good enough that now I want to start simming GCW shows. :robble:

rip GCW nvr 4get

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Question: How do you present Wrestlemania 14 HBK vs Austin with Mike Tyson at ringside?

Answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDnDqpy4a7Q

Special Enforcer Tomohiro Ishii

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
^^^Haters gonna hate.

Davros1 posted:

They should've replaced him with Balrog from Street Fighter since he's "Mike Bison" in Japan.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Do people regularly get fiber connections now because otherwise I have no idea why anyone would make or post a 63 MB gif

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Uh at 5mb/s that's not an unreasonable wait time for one gif once, and the forums still don't allow Webm embedding yet so?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSDMfbr5_Jw

Breakouts looking good. So glad they don't just end entrances with a swift cut.

:siren:And ladies and gentlemen, let me proudly present to you our first glitch:
:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjmJGm72Kok

Edited attires vanish in post match cutscenes

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Oct 25, 2015

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Apparently you can't create title matches in career mode.

Pretty intense oversight if this stays.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich

Dishwasher posted:

Apparently you can't create title matches in career mode.

Pretty intense oversight if this stays.

Career or Universe? I can kind of understand Career but if you can't create title matches in Universe that would ruin the mode.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Universe mode. :smith:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Dishwasher posted:

Universe mode. :smith:

Oh, for gently caress's sake.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You can't book title matches in Universe anymore? That's kinda a big deal. I guess you just have to decide a title match is happening and then go reassign the belt if necessary. Assuming you can still do that.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

It doesn't matter because you can have HHH win everything all the time.

http://youtu.be/TUppJtes4DE

Its pretty shameful that you can only SUPPOSEDLY book title matches in GM mode, and not Universe, I suppose.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.twitch.tv/insanefallout/v/22126405

This game appears to be an insane fever dream. I love it, maggle.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm almost positive I saw in some quick 'here's a look at all the match screens' type video 'title match' was an option, I think you have to go to however many men is in the match and maybe something dumb like special match or something?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It kind of amazes me how bad the commentary and crowd are in these WWE games when the NBA 2k series is so incredibly immersive on that front. The way they have King, Cole and JBL talk in the most disgustingly generic soundbites that could apply to any match in any situation, the crowd's uninspired signs and unnattural reactions, they all ruin the atmosphere. I guess you can just blame Yukes and leave it at that, but it's still amazing that they let both these games carry the 2K branding when they are so far apart on easily comparable metrics.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Where's my immersion!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sanguinia posted:

It kind of amazes me how bad the commentary and crowd are in these WWE games when the NBA 2k series is so incredibly immersive on that front. The way they have King, Cole and JBL talk in the most disgustingly generic soundbites that could apply to any match in any situation, the crowd's uninspired signs and unnattural reactions, they all ruin the atmosphere. I guess you can just blame Yukes and leave it at that, but it's still amazing that they let both these games carry the 2K branding when they are so far apart on easily comparable metrics.

THE CAT LIKE UNDERTAKER