Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Eccles posted:

If you have Spotify on your phone then you already have one. There are several white noise, rainfall, etc. albums available. Other streaming music services probably have similar.

I never thought about using Spotify, but there are also plenty of apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

VendaGoat posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-DOHM-D...noise+generator

I own one of these. You can adjust the pitch and noise level. Compact and worked for me on trips.

I'll second that. Sounds better than the electronic one I've got or the apps I've tried.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

88h88 posted:

There are also weather sound apps like Storm Sim which I use on occasion to chill me out. It has a million and one variables and is a really great little app. I think someone on SA made it??

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/storm-sim/id412747250?mt=8

I used one of these apps to mix together my own whitenoise recipe, then ran it through my Macbook to snag a section of it. Converted it to an MP3 and play it on a loop with an old iPod plugged into my clock radio.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

RCarr posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but can someone recommend a white noise machine? I've gotten so used to falling asleep to the sound of my (window) AC unit that after I took it out after the summer I can't sleep. I tried a fan, but I think a white noise machine would be perfect.

https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

couldcareless posted:

Figure I'll be the first to post this,
12/17 7pm IMAX 3D tickets to this:

I always think her staff has a little light saber blade on the edge of it. I love Star Wars, but yeah, i'm waiting a week or so before I see this in theaters.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

JJ Abrams did a good job turning the Star Trek franchise into Star Wars so this should be easy for him. He's already made two of them.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

The dark side of the force will take form as a black, smoke monster.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Captain Lavender posted:

haha, i get it

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Captain Lavender posted:

Porkins is my constant.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Spamtheman posted:

Johnny Walker blue is a complete waste of money, you could probably get two bottles of something nicer for the same price. The Nikka is very good.
My current roommate organized a surprise party, completely unexpected, and a former roommate got me this. So smokey it could start a forest fire. And loving amazing.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Went in for the fitting yesterday. First actual suit, drat pleased with the result so far.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Nice socks

E: goddamn it n4b :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nice suit, but I'd widen the legs just a wee bit.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

McKilligan posted:

Went in for the fitting yesterday. First actual suit, drat pleased with the result so far.

You need a new tailor.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

How many buttons is that and how are you going to cut the lapels?

e: but nomatter what you do with it, my off the rack Boss that just had the waist and leg and arm length done will always look better than that.

BgRdMchne has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Oct 25, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McKilligan posted:

Dude, I'm straight.

You need a new tailor. He/she is giving you a female cut to the suit. He is trying to accentuate your shoulders and hips....

Then the bow legged look.....

You know what. You're a goon. Go with what works.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

VendaGoat posted:

Dude, I'm straight.

You need a new tailor. He/she is giving you a female cut to the suit. He is trying to accentuate your shoulders and hips....

Then the bow legged look.....

You know what. You're a goon. Go with what works.

Leave Zoolander alone.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFMT1RM

This camera that came with a ton of mounting hardware for ~$44 with a coupon code I already lost

And this because whatever, I've bought them every other year.

Both showed up mid-day Friday. Forgot to order a microSD card for the camera, can't be bothered to fish one out of one of my other devices that use microSD, so I'll just wait for Monday when my new one comes....

For $11.99, nice.

If you told me 20 years ago I'd be buying something smaller than a fingernail that held this much data for $12 this short into the future I'd have told you to go pound sand up your crazy rear end in a top hat.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Is Syndicate actually getting good reviews? I avoided Unity last year thank goodness but if the new one is anywhere near as good as black flag I may have to take a look at it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Is Syndicate actually getting good reviews?

I literally could not give a gently caress, so who knows?

Unity and Syndicate are both great.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Rad Lieutenant posted:

E: goddamn it n4b :argh:

too slow bro

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Suit guy has some hilarious looking high waters going on.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

SaltLick posted:

Suit guy has some hilarious looking high waters going on.

He pants are 2short jfc smdh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Is Syndicate actually getting good reviews? I avoided Unity last year thank goodness but if the new one is anywhere near as good as black flag I may have to take a look at it.

It's about a 8/10. It's fun, the new leads are good. Reviews are kind of mixed, lots of people are just tired of AC I guess.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I got tricked into watching a video of some woman reviewing Syndicate who reviewed "the whole game" and ... literally talked about no parts past the title card, completely misrepresented what happened in the game to that point ("Dur that dumb guy derailed a train unlike his super smart and cunning strong womyn sister who thinks things through and nothing bad happens on her missions because she's so smart and kind and thoughtful and generous and saves puppies and kittens!" I'll be nice and not spoil the events but hahahahaha did you even loving play this game?)

I, at no point, trust a review

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PCOS Bill posted:

I literally could not give a gently caress, so who knows?

Unity and Syndicate are both great.
Unity? Great? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Syndicate actually has been getting good reviews though and I may rent it at some point but gently caress paying $60 for an Assassin's Creed game ever again.

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff

Josh Lyman posted:

My current roommate organized a surprise party, completely unexpected, and a former roommate got me this. So smokey it could start a forest fire. And loving amazing.

This is really good, I should probably buy more soon.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Been watching Danaru's thread on it and couldn't help myself.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I saw references to "Syndicate" and thought it was a new Syndicate game. :smith:

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

I saw references to "Syndicate" and thought it was a new Syndicate game. :smith:

That's "Satellite Reign" it came out a couple months ago and is pretty good, definitely touches on syndicate nostalgia in a good way.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Got some more Pupperoni, liver treats and a big bag of food for this fatass.

Charlie Barker is getting big, going through food like crazy. We had to switch brands too... Eukanuba got bought out and between the buyout supply chain change and the packaging change, nobody can get their products in stock locally.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

McKilligan posted:

Saw your Artosis cosplay and you're definitely skilled at both design and sewing so don't listen to the goony haters.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Grandmother of Five posted:

Saw your Artosis cosplay and you're definitely skilled at both design and sewing so don't listen to the goony haters.

No matter how good he is, his pants are too tight, too short. That's suit 101 isn't it?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
The pants are definitely too short, but I disagree about them being too tight; I think they may seem that way in comparison to the baggy, too-long pants that are pretty common with suits that haven't been tailored. (edit: looking at it again, they might be too tight on the knees or calves if that wrinkling is from them riding up while walking. I'd take a little tight over baggy, but I wouldn't accept either in a bespoke suit.)

The jacket seems way off to me. The darting looks odd, the V is a bit high, and the lapels are way too wide if that shot's at all indicative of their final width.

Toast Museum has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Oct 25, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god I installed the base for my new action camera just ever so slightly crooked my life is ruined :(

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The last picture looks like he's trying to sit but that's as far as he can bend his legs before the pants are taut.

content:

New shoes + recrafting some old ones:

Other new shoes. I had a pair of these years ago and loved them.

Z-43P

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
I'd kill to get one of the old Armenian guys around here to cut my pants that slim, but those are way short and the jacket is a mess.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought a bag of rat food because my local petsmart (where I work) hasn't been in stock for at least two weeks (stupid truck.) And then i bought two books!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007