Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Starhawk64 posted:

The Faction. It's the fastest out of the lowriders, plus it's a returning car from GTAIV, and one of my personal favorite cars from that game.

The Buccaneer is slightly faster, according to Broughy.

FuturePastNow posted:

Sadly the faction gets caught on every curb (while the bumpers on every other car clip through curbs).

Faction or Faction Custom? Once you upgrade it, it becomes a lot more forgiving. Though I assume the curb flipping is a bug and it's going to get patched soon. It really is absurd and makes the stock Faction undrivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Scorched Spitz posted:

I been trying to do this for the past half hour on the PS4, it does not work.

Me neither.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Look who's talking.

edit: Just tried the duplication glitch on PC, totally worked.

The guy in the Youtube video is on PC, guess this glitch is PC-only.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

circ dick soleil posted:

Faction or Faction Custom? Once you upgrade it, it becomes a lot more forgiving. Though I assume the curb flipping is a bug and it's going to get patched soon. It really is absurd and makes the stock Faction undrivable.

The Faction Custom is much better, but it still does it. It's just a bit higher off the ground with the hydraulics pumped up, but it'll still get caught on things.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Craptacular posted:

Me neither.

The guy in the Youtube video is on PC, guess this glitch is PC-only.

No, it's all of them - so they say!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Loving this duplication glitch.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Kelly posted:

No, it's all of them - so they say!

Well, can you get it to work?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
It works on XB1, you just need to wait until the "Wrong Way" message appears on the screen while you are in Benny's garage.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Craptacular posted:

Well, can you get it to work?

No, I haven't tried it. Looks like a couple people in thread here are having luck with it. Maybe they can walk you through it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just tried it on PS4, can't get it to work. Pull out the phone, pull up quit job, drive into the garage, the garage isn't glitched and works as normal.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Policenaut posted:

Just tried it on PS4, can't get it to work. Pull out the phone, pull up quit job, drive into the garage, the garage isn't glitched and works as normal.

You're supposed to (be able) to drive the car into the garage before you leave the race.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, sorry I wrote that wrong I'm pulling up the phone and preparing to quit job but don't actually do it until I can wander around the garage but every time I went into the garage it worked as usual. However I just went to the actual race as listed by Rockstar instead of the custom one linked and the glitch worked. So uh PS4 people don't use that linked job, just pick the Rockstar-made Greenwich race.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, sorry I wrote that wrong I'm pulling up the phone and preparing to quit job but don't actually do it until I can wander around the garage but every time I went into the garage it worked as usual. However I just went to the actual race as listed by Rockstar instead of the custom one linked and the glitch worked. So uh PS4 people don't use that linked job, just pick the Rockstar-made Greenwich race.

The trick with that job is that they made it with the minimum amount of check points, I believe. Maybe that was important in the first iteration of the glitch that was around the last couple days? I'll edit my post just in case.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
So have people been able to get it to work on PS4? I'm curious to try it but not rich enough to be able to take the loss if it doesn't work :v:

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Oh yeah, it works. I've done it like ten times.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'm not even going to bother. I probably would if not for the resell timer.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I wonder what the poor people are up to today?

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Scorched Spitz posted:

Oh yeah, it works. I've done it like ten times.

I must be some sort of moron then, as I have tried it a few times now and each time I end up coming out of the race standing on the street :(

Edit: Never mind I was a moron and put the lowrider upgrade on the car I was attempting it with so it didn't work, got a new one and avoided it and now am slowly filling up a new garage full of cars. Hooray, it is tedious that you can only sell one an hour but it is better than trying missions with pubbies!

Alan BStard fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 25, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

titties posted:

I'm not even going to bother. I probably would if not for the resell timer.

I work at home so I just fire the game up every hour or so and sell a car.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

What are you guys using to ramp up the sale value of your cars? I can only get my car up to 88k (which is still great for me as a new player). I have added chrome wheels, a musical loop, all the performance mods I can. Is it just that my level is too low to add the really expensive things like a turbo and the top tier brakes and engines or am I missing something?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Alan BStard posted:

What are you guys using to ramp up the sale value of your cars? I can only get my car up to 88k (which is still great for me as a new player). I have added chrome wheels, a musical loop, all the performance mods I can. Is it just that my level is too low to add the really expensive things like a turbo and the top tier brakes and engines or am I missing something?

Yes. You must buy all the high-tier mods. Just keep leveling up your rank, performance upgrades are no longer locked just by race wins anymore. Or you could ask someone to swap wins with.

I also must ask a question about how this glitch works, does putting on more expensive paint affect the resale price?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
If I set the secondary on a Buccaneer to gold, what color will the borders be on the luxury interior? Does it make them yellow-ish or is it black like for chrome?

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Starhawk64 posted:

Yes. You must buy all the high-tier mods. Just keep leveling up your rank, performance upgrades are no longer locked just by race wins anymore. Or you could ask someone to swap wins with.

Thanks, I thought so but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an easy trick. Still, 88k per car is not bad for a new scrub like me.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Does this work with non-low riders? I think I remember being able to drive a regular car in and have it repaired like a LS Customs but I might be remembering wrong. If I could dupe my T-20...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I thought about duping the T20, but no, it didn't work. You'll know it works when the garage glitches on the way out of the race and the words Albany Buccaneer (or whichever car) flashes up on-screen briefly.

I'm up to $94k on my Buccaneers, so I finally bought a second property (with a ten-car garage full of Buccaneers).

I've probably got about $1.2 million in Buccaneers left, so once they're sold I'll go splurge on something nice.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Yeah I can't get this glitch to work at all. It just dumps me out on the street on foot.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I think you have to start the race while in the lowrider.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
That and you have to always use that particular lowrider in the race. Use a duped one and it'll spawn you outside of Benny's.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

And make sure you're using a low rider that doesn't have the low rider upgrade.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Kelly posted:

Yeah, that is what hosed me at first. Absolutely do not click that first upgrade when you are pimping out your old piece of poo poo car.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
this just sounds like a lot of goddamn work for some funbux, just play the game like normal you weirdos

(and by normal i mean spend 2 hours doing one heist set up mission with a bunch of inbred pubbies so you can earn 25k)

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Kelly posted:

Aha, here's what I was doing wrong.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

circ dick soleil posted:

If I set the secondary on a Buccaneer to gold, what color will the borders be on the luxury interior? Does it make them yellow-ish or is it black like for chrome?

Buccaneer owner here, makes the borders a gorgeous shade of gold:

Honestly, gold trim looks fantastic on that car:

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Montalvo posted:

this just sounds like a lot of goddamn work for some funbux, just play the game like normal you weirdos

(and by normal i mean spend 2 hours doing one heist set up mission with a bunch of inbred pubbies so you can earn 25k)

I've just finished buying garages and loading them up, and whilst it wasn't exactly fun at all at least now I know I can have some fun toys for my nerd barbie doll (assuming I can sell them all before they fix this).

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It wont let me store a dupe in the garage anymore so it might be done.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Still working for me on PS4.

Edit: What usually happens when they fix it? Do they remove the duped cars or make it so they can't be sold? I spent most of the money I'd earned the hard way on garages and the original modded car, I'd hate to end up with less than I started.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 26, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

HORMELCHILI posted:

Does it still let you dupe them though? If so, you could always duplicate and immediately sell once per hour or so. If the glitch still works when I get home tonight, I should be able to clear another half mil.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Still works on PC.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah it kept working after restarting the game.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

So I loaded into a session and immediately gained 60k from hacked moneybags and got all the weapons - I left straight away, but am I likely to get banned even though it wasn't my fault? Should I contact R* support and tell them what happened?

Obviously, getting banned would not be a particular highlight after paying £40 and then about £20 in sharkcards for this game.

e: After I left most of the weapons disappeared again, I only retained a golf club, firework launcher and molotovs that I didn't already own, but the cash is still there.

e2: wow, 3 hacked session in a row, 10 fully modded roosevelts in one, and then jumbo jets in the next spawned on me.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

DarkMalfunction posted:

So I loaded into a session and immediately gained 60k from hacked moneybags and got all the weapons - I left straight away, but am I likely to get banned even though it wasn't my fault? Should I contact R* support and tell them what happened?

Obviously, getting banned would not be a particular highlight after paying £40 and then about £20 in sharkcards for this game.

e: After I left most of the weapons disappeared again, I only retained a golf club, firework launcher and molotovs that I didn't already own, but the cash is still there.

e2: wow, 3 hacked session in a row, 10 fully modded roosevelts in one, and then jumbo jets in the next spawned on me.

No one has ever been banned just for receiving hacked money.

• Locked thread