Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Yo nerds, the dupe glitch works at LSC too, so do it there instead w/ a maxed out Schwartzer to net yourself a cool 200k per car

Use the race "The Los Santos Triangle" from R* Verified to start literally 2 block away from an LSC.

Cute as heck fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

No one has ever been banned just for receiving hacked money.

Well in that case, time to go to more public sessions.

What about taking a vehicle someone has spawned, i.e. say I find another session with pimped out Roosevelts or something, and storing it in your garage?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Like the weapons, the spawned in vehicles don't last beyond that session. You can't own them.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

mutata posted:

Like the weapons, the spawned in vehicles don't last beyond that session. You can't own them.

drat. One day I'll get a Roosevelt.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Cute as heck posted:

Yo nerds, the dupe glitch works at LSC too, so do it there instead w/ a maxed out Schwartzer to net yourself a cool 200k per car

Use the race "The Los Santos Triangle" from R* Verified to start literally 2 block away from an LSC.

Do the cars have to be maxxed out completely to do this glitch? I don't have all the unlocks yet.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Cheap Shot posted:

Do the cars have to be maxxed out completely to do this glitch? I don't have all the unlocks yet.

Nope, you just make less money

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Bugged money is still hacked money, this is legal chat nowadays?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Apparently, you dense piece of poo poo.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Since when was it not? We've had all sorts of goons arranging cash drops and talk of other dupe glitches since forever.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

this is legal chat nowadays?
Mods???

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It was a 60 buck game, I spend probably $100 on shark cards, played the hell out of it. I think it's O K to move on eventually.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Time to drop another $50 on this dumb game.

lol

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Cheap Shot posted:

If you can grab a loop horn (some of which were available via the various DLCs) you should add those. They add to the overall sale price of the car and they shouldn't need to be unlocked.

Mods...?! This might be a case for the Secret Service.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Double post. :(

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Didn't have a chance to test the glitch on PS4 yesterday, but I do have a shiny new 4th apartment that needs a full garage.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The struggle is real when I have four garages mostly full of cars for racing/hobby/daily driving/etc and I need space for duping to buy more cars that need more garages.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Your tireless work should be put towards more noble efforts, doctor. There are anal malady sufferers the world over but you are squandering your unique talents on poo poo posting about video games hth

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Have we got the Halloween cars yet? Because if they seriously wait until the day of Halloween... :argh:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Huh, the cars I duplicated have reverted to a slightly less upgraded version, with a less expensive horn (and I tested to make sure I had the right car every time). None of my cars have the better horn, so maybe I sold the original and was duplicating a duplicate or something.

Easy money either way, and I should have another ten car garage by the end of the evening, so I'll upgrade the horn, insure it to make sure and try again.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Huh, the cars I duplicated have reverted to a slightly less upgraded version, with a less expensive horn (and I tested to make sure I had the right car every time). None of my cars have the better horn, so maybe I sold the original and was duplicating a duplicate or something.

Easy money either way, and I should have another ten car garage by the end of the evening, so I'll upgrade the horn, insure it to make sure and try again.

Yeah I noticed this as well too. Either way it's still easy money for zero effort. Here's an idea, paint your cloned cars a different color, that way you won't end selling the original by accident.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Same here. Suddenly my $144k Buccaneers are only worth $107k. :wtf:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

"Oh no, I'm making slightly less cash appear out of thin air"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

DarkMalfunction posted:

Right? Totally outrageous.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

DarkMalfunction posted:

It's probably the horn bug that's returned. Too bad billions of dollars in profit aren't sufficient for proper QA. :(

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

It's probably the horn bug that's returned. Too bad billions of dollars in profit aren't sufficient for proper QA. :(

Is that the bug where your horn randomly changes?

Sometimes mine change from Classical Horn 3 to one of the star-spangled banners from story mode, or one of the flat notes (fa I think).

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 26, 2015

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

What the hell are you putting on your Buccaneer to make it worth that much? I put on everything but neon lights and custom tires and I could only make them worth $99k.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

DarkMalfunction posted:

Is that the bug where your horn randomly changes?

Sometimes mine change from Classical Horn 3 to one of the star-spangled banners from story mode, or one of the flat notes (fa I think).

Yes, confirmed it, if anyone's wondering. I chose the most expensive loop horn (GTA IV I think), it's now turned into the cavalry bugle or whatever.

Scorched Spitz posted:

What the hell are you putting on your Buccaneer to make it worth that much? I put on everything but neon lights and custom tires and I could only make them worth $99k.

All the most expensive upgrades except armour, since I'm not level 100 yet. That includes cosmetics and stuff like chrome rims, crew smoke, custom bulletproof tires and chrome paint.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 26, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Speaking of horns, when are we gonna get train horns, fog horns, and other obnoxious poo poo? Clown horn is hilarious but I want to annoy the piss out of pubbies in Armored Kurumas :colbert:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cute as heck posted:

Huh, what's new with the Schwartzer? I've never heard it was a car to use for duping before but I guess I'll dump some money into one.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

SplitSoul posted:

To be fair, if they had better QA you wouldn't be duping cars for free money.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Just a heads up, Rockstar has apparently implemented a system for tracking duped cars:
https://twitter.com/RockstarFunz/status/657862641914789888

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

That was quick. Only took two years.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Sapient Afro posted:

Just a heads up, Rockstar has apparently implemented a system for tracking duped cars:

Oh ffs, I only just started - well, if it is real, all I made was $5000 selling an unmodded Primo, so I'm not exactly the figurative head of the criminal underworld.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hobo Clown posted:

To be fair, if they had better QA you wouldn't be duping cars for free money.

True. But if they'd price poo poo realistically, in-game and out, we wouldn't have to. Only reason I even have time to do this is I'm home sick and want to try the new DLC this year.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I hope you dishonest curs all get banned.

(how's my Tim Whatly impression)

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sapient Afro posted:

Well if anyone would know, it would be random Twitter user "RockstarFunz"

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Hobo Clown posted:

Well if anyone would know, it would be random Twitter user "RockstarFunz"

He was one of the people who found the data about the lowrider update and the halloween update, so stake that how you will

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That sounds like a lot more effort than simply patching the garage so it doesn't open during missions or races.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That sounds like a lot more effort than simply patching the garage so it doesn't open during missions or races.

Not emptyquoting

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

T1g4h posted:

Speaking of horns, when are we gonna get train horns, fog horns, and other obnoxious poo poo? Clown horn is hilarious but I want to annoy the piss out of pubbies in Armored Kurumas :colbert:

I want the Insurgent and Liberator horns available to buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Remember when gold jets became part of a rape metaphor

• Locked thread