Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
2k16 is back to the quality level of 2k14 and probably a bit better so it's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It definitely feels like Yuke's took VGCW's rejection of 2K15 hard. In fact winning it back seems to be the sole driving motivation behind most of the CAW toolset improvements. Not that I'm complaining

* Also I love that "be a professional jobber for 3 years" aka the Heath Slater route is a way to gain HOF attention

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Basic Chunnel posted:

It definitely feels like Yuke's took VGCW's rejection of 2K15 hard. In fact winning it back seems to be the sole driving motivation behind most of the CAW toolset improvements. Not that I'm complaining

* Also I love that "be a professional jobber for 3 years" aka the Heath Slater route is a way to gain HOF attention

All the CAW options in the world don't matter IMO without a story creator to contextualize the madness :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Fawf posted:

All the CAW options in the world don't matter IMO without a story creator to contextualize the madness :(

Story is nice, but CAWs are better.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

If you are looking to fill up your caws, I have created PSP favourite, the Bog How.

Just search the online I guess. I also created some real bangers like Caucasian Kamala and Johnny Cage.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bog How looks like the unholy offspring of Ryback, Karl Anderson, and Sloth from the Goonies.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Any idea on when that Creation Studio app is supposed to launch?
I was hoping for a same day release sort of deal, but, I'm not seeing it on the Play Store yet.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Played for a few hours in MyCareer and despite some flaws and endearing bugs / jank (Renee: "Heres my guest today … … … let's talk about Tyler Breeze") it's a really marked improvement over 2K15. Lots of little touches like having a clothesline ducked and haphazardly slamming chest-first onto the ropes, or shoulder checking someone into the announce table. There is definitely a learning curve on submissions, but as a system it's more interesting and dynamic than its predecessor. And even though it feels like it should be the same in practice, the new kick out system is much more forgiving and fun.

I do find it odd (maybe a bug) that successive kick outs between 1 and 2 will net you more and more rating juice, but a dramatic last-second kickout after a finisher has no effect on match ratings. They also seem to have gone back on the last game's aim to judge matches holistically - a squash with few repetitive moves will get a better grade than a tense, even match, and strategically pinning opponents when you know they'll kick at 2.9 no longer does anything for you. Also you gain nothing by tagging partners in 2v2 / 3v3, though multimans are easiest to get 5 star ratings in given that pin breakups usually give them enough time to impress the computer. All of that is weird and a little frustrating.

I play PC RPGs so I've been more or less conditioned to laugh at bugs and move on, rather than condemn them as damning evidence of incompetence. Bad design, now there's a thing that bothers me.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Anyone played around with Universe yet? I'm curious if cutscenes, status effects, injuries, turns and stable formations/breakups are available with the repetitive, rankings-ignoring rivalry booking turned off.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Pleased to hear matches rarely end without a Finisher/Sig - good, no nore snapmares getting a victory? Any word on Royal Rumble being changed or at least enhanced with the more lenient invisible-walls on the ropes?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

simosimo posted:

Pleased to hear matches rarely end without a Finisher/Sig - good, no nore snapmares getting a victory? Any word on Royal Rumble being changed or at least enhanced with the more lenient invisible-walls on the ropes?

I've tried two rumbles so far. I lasted fairly long each time before getting eliminated. The corner post mini games are a bit easier than 2K14, and there is way less getting eliminated by special moves as well. If you're lying on the ring apron and have a finisher stored, it won't prompt you to use your finisher to escape unless your actually about to be eliminated.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I've tried two rumbles so far. I lasted fairly long each time before getting eliminated. The corner post mini games are a bit easier than 2K14, and there is way less getting eliminated by special moves as well. If you're lying on the ring apron and have a finisher stored, it won't prompt you to use your finisher to escape unless your actually about to be eliminated.

I miss the randomness of getting punched over the ropes by a single strike :( or being back body dropped.

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich
Pretty happy with it. The editing of existing superstars allows for a lot more creativity than 2K14. You can add masks, change clothes, etc. not just the old simple colour swap.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I haven't bought a WWE game since '13(or whichever one the Attitude Era focused one was). The two things that would get me to consider purchasing are much better career mode and better customization options.

Apparenty the career mode is a major improvement over last year's at least. Do you guys think the customization suite has been improved enough to where we'll see decent CAWs of NJPW guys like you did for '13? Also, is there a way to import music for CAWs like you could with the last gen systems?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Based on nL's stream, the body customisation part is on point and has any and all the sliders you could ever want.

Can't speak for the outfit customisation options though, which is just as important.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Can you add wrestler music for entrances or is it still the like 20 songs from 2k15 deal?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Xbox One & PS4 still don't support using a user media file in game audio. Xbox was meant to have it patched in but the functionality isn't there, and Sony were thinking about adding it but haven't done anything about it yet.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

No custom entrance music, and because of built in streaming/youtube upload on consoles and paid music streaming services, we might not ever get it again.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Its really weird hearing Enzo and Cass deliver their opening bit to complete silence in streamers videos.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I guess people uploading clips of showcase mode are getting takedowns from WWE. For putting up clips. Of WWE's own game. It's probably because of entrances and the actual video clips, but it still seems ridiculous.

Streaming games can bring up a bunch of murky problems because of rights issues.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Anyone dive into Universe mode yet? Every year they say the booking won't be so repetitive and every year they lie, I'm hoping this is the year that changes.

I heard about the no booking title matches thing, honestly that doesn't bother me too much because it seems like a thing they could easily fix. The entire framework of the mode being broken though, that is a tougher patch.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Thauros posted:

Do you guys think the customization suite has been improved enough to where we'll see decent CAWs of NJPW guys like you did for '13? Also, is there a way to import music for CAWs like you could with the last gen systems?
The selection of attire is a bit better, the selection of decals is still bad. But that may or may not matter depending on how many custom logo slots there are and how creative the community gets (and how stable the servers are - last year's were… not great)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Big Bidness posted:

No custom entrance music, and because of built in streaming/youtube upload on consoles and paid music streaming services, we might not ever get it again.

A drat shame, especially since they didn't bring 2k14 to PC so we're forever stuck with mods.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Replacing music in 2k15 was pretty easy, or you could just do what I do and mute the in-game audio and just use Foobar.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Big Bidness posted:

If you have Spotify, you could stream music during the entrances though, right? It'd be pretty clunky I imagine, however.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you have Spotify, you could stream music during the entrances though, right? It'd be pretty clunky I imagine, however.

I don't know how responsive the PS4's UI is but you could set up a playlist beforehand you could get everything ready during the loading screen.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Or you could just give everyone the Nation of Domination theme (I assume it's still in the game) and come out ahead.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a place that lists all the names you can give to CAWs

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

That sounds like way too much work. I'll just hum the songs to myself as the game is on mute.

Or maybe I'll invest in a kazoo

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Just a heads up, clothes can be layered again. I put Roman Reigns's flak jacket or whatever over a black shirt for my guy and it worked without a hitch.

Just wish they would let you either wear certain hats during matches or use my entrance attire for the matchup screen and interviews.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

not only would that be clunky but it wouldn't help me as NJPW doesn't put their themes on there.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Thauros posted:

not only would that be clunky but it wouldn't help me as NJPW doesn't put their themes on there.

Get premium suckaaaaaaaa.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think the PS4 supports two apps running at the same time - Bloodborne came with a soundtrack companion app but I couldn't figure out how to keep the sound running when I exited out of it (though I may just be a dope). Besides, who would pay for the cross-app development?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Lady Naga posted:

Get premium suckaaaaaaaa.

Are NJPW themes on Spotify Premium??

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don't think the PS4 supports two apps running at the same time - Bloodborne came with a soundtrack companion app but I couldn't figure out how to keep the sound running when I exited out of it (though I may just be a dope). Besides, who would pay for the cross-app development?

You can totally run Spotify in the background when you play a PS4 game. At least I do it with NHL, not sure if there are certain games that it works with

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

Are NJPW themes on Spotify Premium??

No, but if you have Premium and MP3s of the desired themes, you can add them to your playlist on your PC then play them on your ps4/xb1

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
E: What was already said used to be here, so it's not any more.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Creation suite seems really detailed, which is awesome, but I run into the trouble of easily making really horrible looking faces. I've been having no luck with the facial capture option, but I'm thinking maybe if I create a close looking face first and then add the capture layer, it would be easier to work with.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah that's pretty much a nonstarter.

*Nakamura runs in*

*fumbles for 30 seconds trying to launch his sound cue*

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

Creation suite seems really detailed, which is awesome, but I run into the trouble of easily making really horrible looking faces. I've been having no luck with the facial capture option, but I'm thinking maybe if I create a close looking face first and then add the capture layer, it would be easier to work with.

That helps a bunch, and I know they tried to make it so you didn't have to edit your photo before applying it, but I think it definitely works better to edit out the eyes of your photo in PS or GIMP, apply it with the face capture tool, and then use the face deformation tool to shape the eyes how you want them. Otherwise you end up with a texture of eyeballs on top of the in game eyeballs that will bleed onto the eyelids by some amount, no matter how perfect you think you have it. You can see when people extract the actual textures from the WWE games, the eyeballs aren't part of the face texture, so it makes sense to try and get close to the real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tonfa posted:

Yeah that's pretty much a nonstarter.

*Nakamura runs in*

*fumbles for 30 seconds trying to launch his sound cue*

I mean you're already watching the entrances and took the time to make or download a super-accurate Nakamura. Don't stop there and ruin the immersion by giving him Brie Mode as a theme.