Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

Banter is Booty

We need Big E to rule on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
I'm not usually as critical as David Shoemaker's Grantland stuff as others on here, but Jesus is his article today a flying nothing. "WWE needs to make more stars. Here is a list of dudes." The vapid content wouldn't be so bad if the writing wasn't also really bad and dumb:

re: Cesaro:

quote:

He’s a darling of the wrestling Internet, and his popularity has been spreading over the past year. WWE seems to have found the right track for him — sort of a low-key variation on the Reigns rehabilitation campaign, in which Cesaro wrestles in good showcase matches and inches up the ladder at a pace steady enough to quiet WWE’s crankiest fans.

Kevin Owens:

quote:

But I don’t want to underestimate Owens. Hell, at the rate he’s selling T-shirts and making squash matches watchable, he could be the new Hulk Hogan.

CM Punk:

quote:

I’m totally kidding. Punk’s not coming back. But that you didn’t just close your browser window proves my point.

Dean Ambrose:

quote:

there’s no denying that Ambrose possesses a rare quality [Reigns and Rollins] both lack: pure star power. Although Ambrose seems listless at times in his midcard feuds, his move set borders on corny, and some of his promos lean on prop comedy to an unsettling degree, there’s no denying that when he’s standing alone in the ring with a microphone and real purpose, Ambrose captivates the crowd with an Austin/Rock level of charisma.

I mean, what even is this??

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

He's attempting to pander to everyone who calls him out for being bad and incorrect but also not sure how to write anything that isn't just "Triple H is great, I liked it when he bodyslammed Andre the Giant in front of 160,000 North Koreans"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok thats it, ambrose is poo poo now, jfc

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

You look stupid!

Clap clap clapclapclap

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's dumb. Nobody would even get over

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

are they all watching at like 75 degree angles

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: eh this was dumb and while that makes it appropriate for this thread, eh

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

look somebody having a fantasy of being forced to suck sheamus dick is not in fact a stupid fan opinion, but a creepy fan fantasy.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

On the other hand its perfectly understandable

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Imagine the banter while you're jacking that hog

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Imagine the banter while you're jacking that hog

David Cameron watches wrestling?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Brogue Dick

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Intruder posted:

The Brogue Dick

All you hear after you're done is White Noise

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Intruder posted:

The Brogue Dick

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Intruder posted:

The Brogue Dick

:vince:

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Oh god I just noticed the silhouette. :lol:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I wondered what Vacant had been up to

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sad news:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Probably half the rosters multi-year deals as well

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Five for $40? Why for the same price I could pay a hooker to thumb a shite into my eyes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Surprised none of them said the classic moron line: "who buys DVDs anymore"

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Blu Ray or streaming

can't be messing with dvds anymore tbh

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Surprised none of them said the classic moron line: "who buys DVDs anymore"

Get with the times gramps having your own home streaming server owns. Death to all physical media users.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

CM Punk. :allears:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

neonbregna posted:

Get with the times gramps having your own home streaming server owns. Death to all physical media users.

This but unironically.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

It says a lot about tumblr that I'm genuinely unsure if this is a troll or not.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It is a fact that TNA female wrestlers are pure http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1110/603680/taryn-terrell-on-becoming-a-born-again-christian/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Haha oh god of course she wouldn't want to damage that lucrative deal she has with a basically non-existant promotion

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

You'd think she had accepted Big Dave as her savior.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I fully agree she should go to TNA. Even if TNA is dead. She should just go there.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
She shows up in Nashville, buildings everywhere are condemned, windows boarded, the one person she can find angrily says "There ain't no wrasslin' company here, and there never were! Now git!"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Electric Lady posted:

You'd think she had accepted Big Dave as her savior.

I won't believe that until she has a Don Muraco malfunction

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

All great ideas. Dress up Shaun Ricker as He-Man. TJ Porkins.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
That seems really stupid in a vacuum, but Eli Drake really does wear a He-Man-inspired leather harness to the ring

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DynamiteKidd posted:

That seems really stupid in a vacuum, but Eli Drake really does wear a He-Man-inspired leather harness to the ring

Oh I know, but it takes it to a whole other level to have him screaming about having the power, a reference to a show that....well, since TNA's demographic is well above 50 years old, probably a good amount of their audience will get, actually.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It sounds stupid in a vacuum, but there is no way I wouldn't mark out for a wrestler riding an armored tiger to the ring.

Also I just learned there is a He-Man movie in the works so it might actually be topical.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 12, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

It sounds stupid in a vacuum, but there is no way I wouldn't mark out for a wrestler riding an armored tiger to the ring.

You know on TNA's budget it would be six stray tabby cats pulling a children's sled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

You know on TNA's budget it would be six stray tabby cats pulling a children's sled.

Teddy Hart would still be happy to play the role at least