Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

holy crap I think you are racing the guy who I bought mine from.

Wasn't me. Did the guy you bought it from race Mustangs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

End of Week 1: Car owns.

Washed it and waxed it because why not? Lexol'd all the leather and got a few good coats of vinyl protectant on it. Cleaned a few other odds n' ends.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 10, 2015

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Took me 4 hours but I got my new Intercooler installed. Just in time for the cold weather!

I wanted to get it in like a month ago while it was still hot out so I could do some comparisons but either way it's a very impressive beast of an IC and it should be good for whatever else I decide to do power wise.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

blk96gt posted:

Wasn't me. Did the guy you bought it from race Mustangs?

Yep. His new baby is a 15 eb in guard. Pretty as hell car.

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

Yep. His new baby is a 15 eb in guard. Pretty as hell car.

Hmm. Does he race a Fox and is his name Michael?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

blk96gt posted:

Hmm. Does he race a Fox and is his name Michael?

Nope. Races the eb right now and his name is Jim. Used to race a Mazda. He does autocross tho so maybe not in the same crowd.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Q_res posted:

Cage told me that my inclination to not mess with my Mustang wouldn't last, and he was right. I'm seriously considering an exhaust for it right now. I'm thinking about ditching the resonator for an MRT H-pipe and getting an axle back to go with it. I've narrowed it down to the Borla S-type, Magnaflow Street, Ford Racing Touring or my current favorite, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjERMAAOwiE

The Steeda setup is $200 cheaper than the Borla axle back, and it with the H pipe comes out to just under $840. Though I do have to buy them from two separate places, but that's a minor inconvenience. And thoughts, suggestions?

I'm not a fan at all of that Steeda exhaust. Sounds very raspy/metallic.

I've got the Borla Stype, and it sounds awesome. I personally recommend spending the extra money and go for the Borla. I'm sure it'll sound killer with the H pipe.

Or... if you really want to turn heads, go for the Roush AB and pair it up with that H pipe.

Of course, it's all subjective though.

Habibus
Jan 9, 2005

But I poop from there!
My '13 is Deep Impact Blue as well, to add to the list of them.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well this is an interesting thing

http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/1999-2004-ford-mustang-duraflex-gen-conversion-front-bumper-cover-piece-duraflex-104711-p-256206.html

Wish there were more terrible pictures.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Wish there were more terrible pictures.

what are you talking about, every kit on that website has a terrible picture of a shi**t body kit.!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

what are you talking about, every kit on that website has a terrible picture of a shi**t body kit.!
True, I was looking at the saleen rear bumper knock off though since I could use new bumpers, and its only $122.

I think it might be a little too gaudy though.

I like that the ones on ebay don't have the mustang imprint, Ill probably just go with one of those.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

True, I was looking at the saleen rear bumper knock off though since I could use new bumpers, and its only $122.

A Saleen kit is nice, but I dont know what $122 in this case is really gonna get you.
Also Shaved bumpers are nice!

My favorite kit on our 99-04 stangs are kits you cant buy the FR500 and Saleen SR

kalvick fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 15, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

A Saleen kit is nice, but I dont know what $122 in this case is really gonna get you.
Also Shaved bumpers are nice!

My favorite kit on our 99-04 stangs are kits you cant buy the FR500 and Saleen SR
I really want a FR500 steering wheel with its wrapped leather goodness.

I also want a simple hood that doesn't have any vents real or fake on it.

I could go on for hours.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

I really want a FR500 steering wheel with its wrapped leather goodness.

I also want a simple hood that doesn't have any vents real or fake on it.

I could go on for hours.

I have really been harping on this wheel. I dont trust my haberdashery skills though. its $200 DIY, or It costs about $400 to have your wheel custom wrapped.
you can get thumb grips too. http://www.redlinegoods.com/images/Mustang9904wheel-06.jpg you can get custom colors and stitching types too.

kalvick fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 15, 2015

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I installed BMR's bk054 differential lockout kit over the weekend. Pairs up great with their cb005 cradle lockout. A lot more feel from the rear end and the car does seem to have an easier time keeping the rubber down. NVH is minimal, you remove the weights attached to the differential bushing but as far as I can tell they didn't really help with vibration at all. Noise is a little more noticable now but I enjoy a little bit of a mechanical gear whine so it's cool. You can't hear it over the radio or any wind noise at all.

Also I cleaned my car and took a pic:

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I really like the subtle little red line going around the perimeter of the car.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Important!
It's 30 deg USA units outside right now. I still have the stock Pzeros on.

Will I crash into a light pole and die on the way to home depot?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

BrownieVK posted:

Important!
It's 30 deg USA units outside right now. I still have the stock Pzeros on.

Will I crash into a light pole and die on the way to home depot?
You wont if you treat it like you're driving on ball bearings. Which you are.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Such a tough time of year for summer tires. In Colorado, it's about 30-40 degrees in the morning when I leave for work, but warms up to 65-70 by the afternoon. So far no problems driving in the morning (carefully), but it's almost time to throw the winters on.

Kinfolk Jones fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 19, 2015

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

BrownieVK posted:

It's 30 deg USA units

what

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

ilkhan posted:

You wont if you treat it like you're driving on ball bearings. Which you are.
You weren't kidding. Even with traction fully on, leaving stoplights I could hear the wheels trying to spin before the car would cut power. Had to be careful going.around sharp bends too I could tell it just wanted to slide around.
Also I meant Fahrenheit, no idea why I typed USA units.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FPglVUuXEw

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I've wanted to do that to mine for awhile, but haven't bothered. Is there a way to slow them down? That's, like, way too fast.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah, $50 or swap a capacitor in the signal relay. That'll probably be a next season thing to do.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I got the sequentials for my car, I think from American Muscle. I got the complete kit instead of the splice in kit.
I always thought they looked kinda tacky, but when the newer model stangs came out with them I changed my mind.

one thing I REALLY love about them, is that a 3 lights are on, instead of just the 2 outer lights. like a 9s in this vid, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQl-iQDz30U
I always thought all 3 lights should be on, when driving in the dark and applying the brakes.

my sequencers are not super slow, but slower than Cage's ride. I dont think its a huge deal breaker for me though. I mean you will notice them when he stops!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm looking to do it to my car also. Even though it already has sequential turn signals I like the effect for the hazards and the pulse on for brakes. It's a nice touch.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
In a 2013 GT, anybody had the issue with the clutch pedal kind of 'sticking'? I read around and it sounds like people mostly consider it a screw-up, where some kind of assist spring gets stuck, but I kind of thought it was some sort of feature to shorten the throw of the pedal when you want to shift quickly.

Is it worth fixing? Will it do any harm if I just leave it be?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
It's probably the assist spring. A lot of people just straight remove it because it makes the clutch feel way better. I've heard it can get stuck on the pivot point though and make it stay pressed until you pull back on it. I'm not sure if there's a fix for that I think it's just a freak thing???

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I am debating removing the black bumper insert letters on my Mustang and going back to a cleaner look. What do you guys think? do 99-04 Mustangs and even the 94-98 'stangs look good with the inserts or
is it kind like decade old out of style look? Would removing the letters give the car a cleaner look?

Installing the letters was the very 1st mod I ever did to my car, so the idea of trying to peel off 15 year old stickers which are just gonna flake a 1/8" at a time is unappealing.

opinions?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like the ways they look with inserts, if you leave it blank like mine theres just something that looks unfinished about it. I wouldn't know what color to get though, black looks good on every color except black obviously.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

So my new headlights started to get water on the inside of the lens, I set up an RMA to send the one side back to get another one. Tracking # says it got there on Mon, I email them on Thurs to ask whats up.

quote:

I do apologize for the delay, we have received your return package. Unfortunately, this item is no longer able in inventory, we are not able to do the exchange for the same style. However, we do have the same black headlights just with the amber reflector instead of the clear. We can exchange them for this version if you would like. Or we take the other side back and issue the refund once received. Please advise.

:argh:

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 23, 2015

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Well if your gonna do amber, you may as well do the 01 cobra tail lights!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

Well if your gonna do amber, you may as well do the 01 cobra tail lights!
I had to google these as I was not aware what was different about them. Even though I like some crazy "rectangle party" tail lights of the 80s I really care for those.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Recent Mustang recipient here.

2011 GT Premium with California Special Package, Rouch CAI and exhaust, TEI shifter. Not blue.

Shown here with Franklin and Gertrude, pet rocks and proud parents.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Mosnar posted:

2011 GT Premium with California Special Package, Rouch CAI and exhaust, TEI shifter. Not blue.

Is that a pug or a demon cat in the background?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I have a 2004 Convertible GT, what are my options in adding rear-seat head restraints?

I fairly often have someone in the back and the thought of whiplash is kinda scary there. I've tried googling and all, but no luck.

Also, I sold my old one, but I bet the ad fits well in the theme of the thread: http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/5269519290.html

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 29, 2015

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Mosnar posted:

Slick car, I never noticed that the GT/CS has a GT etched into them.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

Dinurth posted:

Is that a pug or a demon cat in the background?

That would be our Battle Pug, Private. Not shown: our tactical Shih Tsu, Pickles.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007

oRenj9 posted:

Slick car, I never noticed that the GT/CS has a GT etched into them.

You've got really, really good eyes!

Not seen: When I finally poked my head under the car, I noticed surface rust on the brake calipers and rear axle. Is this a thing? Should I be concerned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
If you mean the hubs on the rotors, that's normal rust. I actually painted them black with some high heat paint on my car just so I can avoid it. The calipers shouldn't really be rusting but some surface rust shouldn't be an issue regardless of where it is.