Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Sweet As Sin posted:

Man I have a disconnect between cute and food. I eat everything. I had pet rabbits and chickens, and bottle fed kids (goats!) that I later ate.

Which reminds me, cabrito looks pretty brutal:

I'd have a hard time doing the killing myself. Processing, slightly less so but still not super easy (I've only ever cleaned fish before). I know it makes me a hypocrite, but I don't really have the desire to take steps to coach myself out of it, since I can just by meat at a store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

AnonSpore posted:

Never cook with pork belly if grease disgusts you. It tastes like heaven but looks like hell if you think fat is gross.

Oh I don't mind grease for the most part. I probably eat way more bacon than I should, and rolling my own out of a solid pork belly is on my to do list. Somebody upthread mentioned it before that pretty much anything cooked in a crock pot just doesn't take good pictures. Combine that fact with a crappy cellphone and you just get horrible.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm bored today and want to grill. Somebody give me a burger/steak/etc AFP and I'll recreate it in glorious HD photos and videos

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Let me introduce you to:

Pork Cheese (queso de cerdo)

Beautiful

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

My favourite posts in this thread are the one where I can't immediately determine what it is. Like that pancake picture that looks like chicken.

What the gently caress is this?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

death .cab for qt posted:

I'm bored today and want to grill. Somebody give me a burger/steak/etc AFP and I'll recreate it in glorious HD photos and videos

Well, if you're into the "horribly unhealthy" side of AFP rather than "disgusting and terrible to look at" side, then you could try

:unsmigghh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Melt some Reese cups over the funnel cake, top and bottom.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well, if you're into the "horribly unhealthy" side of AFP rather than "disgusting and terrible to look at" side, then you could try

:unsmigghh:

Is that a fried mac and cheese juicy Lucy?

E:OH GOD no it's funnel cake nooooo

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Is that a fried mac and cheese juicy Lucy?

Nope. It's funnel cake.

But you could mix it with the idea of a stuffed burger. Maybe stuff some mac and cheese inside it. Or coat some mac and cheese with funnel cake batter and fry that and stuff other things in the oh god this is terrible.

MariusLecter posted:

Melt some Reese cups over the funnel cake, top and bottom.

Yesssss :kheldragar:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If I had a fryer I would, but I do not.

Peanut butter cup and Mac-and-cheese stuffed burger though...

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bah, you don't need a fryer. Maybe a Friar for final blessings but not a fryer. You can get away with doing it on the stove with a pan, just try to not, you know, set things on fire. And wear a shirt.

If you go for the stuffed burger option, we've had reeses burgers, so maybe another candy? Snickers? 100 Grand? Hell, who needs chocolate, do a series of Starburst burgers for that fruity kick.

(Please don't actually do any of this, save yourself.)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Someone determine the melting point of sour patch kids so we can see if they'd be a good payload :getin:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Sodium Chloride posted:

My favourite posts in this thread are the one where I can't immediately determine what it is. Like that pancake picture that looks like chicken.

What the gently caress is this?

'sugar free brownies'. the poop logs are 'sugar free gluten free twix'

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Bah, you don't need a fryer. Maybe a Friar for final blessings but not a fryer. You can get away with doing it on the stove with a pan, just try to not, you know, set things on fire. And wear a shirt.

If you go for the stuffed burger option, we've had reeses burgers, so maybe another candy? Snickers? 100 Grand? Hell, who needs chocolate, do a series of Starburst burgers for that fruity kick.

(Please don't actually do any of this, save yourself.)

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

If I had a fryer I would, but I do not.

Peanut butter cup and Mac-and-cheese stuffed burger though...

If only we had an informational video about stuffing peanut butter cups into beef patties...

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

I missed the quoted post before and I'm pretty sure I would have led a happier and more fulfilled life if it had stayed that way.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Xoidanor posted:

My family has a strict no cute animals policy. Goat, moose and chickens, ok. Lamb, deer and geese, not ok.

Cows are cute as hell. Bring on the steak.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Xoidanor posted:

My family has a strict no cute animals policy. Goat, moose and chickens, ok. Lamb, deer and geese, not ok.

In what universe is a goose a cute animal

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Geese have teethed tongues and will come at people with intent to murder for looking at them funny, they are hella not cute

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I had a pet rabbit named Hasenpfeffer as a child. She never actually became her namesake, and tbh she was so mean it probably would have effected the flavor somehow.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
A goose killed an ostrich on my parents' ranch. Eat all of them!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Eponine posted:

My biggest issue is smart to food, which is why I'm really cutting pork out of my diet. Pigs are as smart as my dogs and I couldn't eat my dogs, so I probably shouldn't eat pork.

After a certain point animal intelligence correlates to assholishness so gently caress it, eat 'em.

On the other hand, Dolphin apparently tastes terrible and Chimpanzees are a probable vector for Ebola so...

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Eponine posted:

My biggest issue is smart to food, which is why I'm really cutting pork out of my diet. Pigs are as smart as my dogs and I couldn't eat my dogs, so I probably shouldn't eat pork.

Cows also show some pretty basic intelligence which requires stimulation to keep them from getting depressed, and don't get me started on some types of birds that actually can learn and understand languages like African Greys. That hasn't stopped anyone from breeding and eating lovely dumb chickens though. If you're going to use that excuse you should probably cut everything except broiler chickens out.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xacRTqk5QFM

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sweet As Sin posted:

A goose killed an ostrich on my parents' ranch. Eat all of them!

How the hell does that happen?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm sure this is probably great, but I feel like these "green tea tiramisu pancakes" could use a little visual help:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

How the hell does that happen?

Geese (and swans) are extremely vicious and surprisingly lethal birds.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

AnonSpore posted:

I have a bunch of pictures of my boyfriend chasing after geese on the island; because they didn't attack him, I don't think he believes me that they are dangerous.

content:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've been attacked by geese to the point it's wings wrapped around my head as it pulled my hair and kicked my backpack. All I was doing was walking to work.

Also

Xoidanor posted:

Moose are majestic, beautiful, and their babies are cuter than all other ungulate babies combined. You will not slander moose on my watch, mister.

I eat moose, it's delicious

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I've had whale, foal, ostrich and crocodile and felt bad about none of it (OK maybe the whale a little bit). Love goat too. My partner insisted on drawing the line at puffin but to be honest it didn't look like there was much on it worth having anyway.

In the Transmetropolitan comics there is a successful food chain called Long Pig, which mainly serves meat called Bastard; from cloned humans bred without brainstem function. I thought about it a bit and figured I would go for that at least once if it was cooked nicely. :black101:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Sweet As Sin posted:

Man I have a disconnect between cute and food. I eat everything. I had pet rabbits and chickens, and bottle fed kids (goats!) that I later ate.

Which reminds me, cabrito looks pretty brutal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhatYWMRA0U

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

AnonSpore posted:

I understand the vicious part, I just figured the size difference between a goose and an ostrich would lead to to the latter stomping the former if attacked

drrockso20 has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Oct 30, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

I've been attacked by geese to the point it's wings wrapped around my head as it pulled my hair and kicked my backpack. All I was doing was walking to work.

Also

Moose are majestic, beautiful, and their babies are cuter than all other ungulate babies combined. You will not slander moose on my watch, mister.

I eat moose, it's delicious

I feel like it would have that weird, woodsy aftertaste that llama or deer has

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

cash crab posted:

I feel like it would have that weird, woodsy aftertaste that llama or deer has

Soak it in water for 12 hours before hand and it removes all the gamey taste.

For venison, anyway.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Ever not want to eat something so much you take a bite out of the plate?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is art of the highest order.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

"Institutional" comes to mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

And yet the photography is way better than anything Martha Stewart has taken.

• Locked thread