Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Bonzo posted:

lol at the salt and pepper beard but jet black hair.

BUT ROBIN MY GRANDFATHER WASN'T GRAY AT THIS AGE AND ALSO MY PUBES ARE STILL BLACK AND

This is a hill that Howard's going to die on, he's never going to come clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

BUT ROBIN MY GRANDFATHER WASN'T GRAY AT THIS AGE AND ALSO MY PUBES ARE STILL BLACK AND

This is a hill that Howard's going to die on, he's never going to come clean.

Hah! Well said.
The beard IS a dead give away, the grey almost always starts on the temples, long before it gets to the face.

My pubes and eyebrows are still black, but the beard (and what little remains on my head) is grey and white.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Get a Gilbert Gottfried megapack. I have a playlist with 106 appearances. They're all hilarious. It would take 5 straight days to listen to.

Mine is only 56 appearances, from 1987-1996. I'd love to have some more recent stuff.

a cop posted:

drat I want this.

Check it out, 18 GB of goodness ready to go:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Those are some great clips, I love the SS Mund. What were those annoy games?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Riosan posted:

Those are some great clips, I love the SS Mund. What were those annoy games?

They're ok. It's literally them taking shots at whoever the subject is. I think it's a guessing game, though, sort of like the confession game. Like "who said gary talks too much?"

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/yr1CPPHTW7s

one of my favorite ETM clips, where they pretend they can't hear him on the phone while he impotently screams in rage.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Mine is only 56 appearances, from 1987-1996. I'd love to have some more recent stuff.

I have one folder that says 1987-1996 and I have another that says 1996-2010. Where could I upload something like that? 1.24 GB

The second half is certainly the better batch since he's with Artie.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Super Ninja Fish posted:

The second half is certainly the better batch since he's with Artie.

Yeah exactly, that's why I want it.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Squashy Nipples posted:

Check it out, 18 GB of goodness ready to go:

give it to usss

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

one of my favorite ETM clips, where they pretend they can't hear him on the phone while he impotently screams in rage.

SHUTTUP!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

a cop posted:

give it to usss

I'm thinking you were quoting Golem, but this came to mind as well:

You Must Share with Us

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Didn't you used to be able to upload to Script Cover?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Mega is the best place for the super large uploads and Mediafire is good for anything in the 100-500MB range. Neither requires some dumb captcha system and a 50kB down cap and both are stupidly fast.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Too bad my upload sucks balls, I would put these files somewhere online.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Gilbert was on Artie's podcast today and they came up with the movie premise "poo poo on a Plane" which I can't even describe without sounding insanely racist, but I basically threw up listening to it from laughter

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Djarum posted:

Didn't you used to be able to upload to Script Cover?

No, that's just a selection of some of my favorite clips and stuff from when I was running heyboff.com.

If I could find my DVDs, I had an extensive clip collection and every episode from 2000-2009. Just not worth hunting them down, sadly.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
wrong thread

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzKIEiZcJm0

About 7 minutes in, it's Vince vs Eric, and the staff is just egging them both on. I'm not quite sure Vince is in on the joke, either. We all know that Eric is, of course, not aware of what they're doing whatsoever.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Amazing.

"Yeah, loving his bed as we speak."

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
I forgot that KC worked for Johnny Fratto. He's as annoying as ever in this clip, and KC is as crazy as ever -- it's funny to once again hear the crew be idiots about technology compared to the ostensibly moronic KC. He talks about building a computer and they're all like "why build something when it's already made?" :rolleyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSWDwYXyLz8

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I get that but at the same point there's a lot of people I know who build their own rigs and pay someone $25 to change the oil in their car. Like go spend $50 on some blocks and a wrench and take 10 minutes on youtube then proceed to save a ton of money over the course of your life. Neither thing is difficult but you have to get people over that initial fear that they'll break something in catastrophic fashion before they'll attempt it and for a lot of people they'd rather pay more and not be stressed over it.

Also really, build your own rigs and change your own oil. Both are nearly idiot-proof these days and you'll feel great knowing you can do either.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Also really, build your own rigs and change your own oil. Both are nearly idiot-proof these days and you'll feel great knowing you can do either.

I taught my stepson how to do it so know I call him over when I need it changed.

Livin' the dream!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

No joke, went for an oil and tire change this past weekend, and resolved myself to do my oil changes myself. My wife then let me know that I can't just do that anywhere, least of all my apartment complex's parking garage. :negative:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No joke, went for an oil and tire change this past weekend, and resolved myself to do my oil changes myself. My wife then let me know that I can't just do that anywhere, least of all my apartment complex's parking garage. :negative:

Why? Just bring something you can drain the oil into and cap up so you can easily dispose of it, it's not like you're going to take more than a few minutes anyway.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Why? Just bring something you can drain the oil into and cap up so you can easily dispose of it, it's not like you're going to take more than a few minutes anyway.

A lot of apartment complexes expressly forbid you from changing your oil in their parking lot.

Mostly because people are super bad about disposing of it properly.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

A lot of apartment complexes expressly forbid you from changing your oil in their parking lot.

Mostly because people are super bad about disposing of it properly.

Oh. Mine probably did too but that was years and years ago so who knows.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Oh believe me, that was my argument, but my wife mentioned what the other goon said, about how I'm probably just not allowed.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

A lot of apartments dont allow any working on your car in the parking lots.

Its pretty common these days.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

I get that but at the same point there's a lot of people I know who build their own rigs and pay someone $25 to change the oil in their car. Like go spend $50 on some blocks and a wrench and take 10 minutes on youtube then proceed to save a ton of money over the course of your life. Neither thing is difficult but you have to get people over that initial fear that they'll break something in catastrophic fashion before they'll attempt it and for a lot of people they'd rather pay more and not be stressed over it.

I've been meaning to do that for years, I should start.

I just meant that Howard tried to trick KC by quizzing him about RAM, and he starts to describe it correctly and they still dismiss him. Oh well. It is the HSS after all

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Changing oil costs about 20 bucks what a huge gain by doing it yourself lmfao

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
If you don't use synthetic it is almost cheaper to get it done at the store. Just find the 19.99 oil change special in your town. Synthetic is a massive savings though. 25 bucks with filter vs over 50 at the shop.

If you change your own oil buy this http://www.amazon.com/Fumoto-F-106N-Engine-Drain-Valve/dp/B003T7XUE4 It is amazing.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

A classic "because you weren't there we've run out of time.....quickly...10, 9, 8.....2, 1..... zero point zero"

the greatest

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

Not in Canada land. I mean, maybe I need to find a new place, but the absolute cheapest (back in my hometown) was $35 before tax. Now, I'm paying something like $50 after tax.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

So Richard 'tasted' pumpkin beers in his rear end this week. That bit is my faaavorite

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I still have no idea what this Edgar Allen Poe thing that Howard's been teasing is supposed to be. It's not a straight reading because he mentioned the staff and Tan Mom doing some acting in it plus Robin singing. I guess it's going to be like a radio play but it just sounds like a trainwreck. Guess we'll see on Saturday.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ribsauce posted:

If you don't use synthetic it is almost cheaper to get it done at the store. Just find the 19.99 oil change special in your town. Synthetic is a massive savings though. 25 bucks with filter vs over 50 at the shop.

You're always going to come out ahead doing it yourself and if you think of the 150-200+ times you do it in your life it's at least a few thousand bucks in your pocket if not way more depending on exactly what you're putting in and how often.

I mean to me the savings isn't even the biggest point, it's not taking time out to go to some oil change place or your mechanic and make an appointment and sit there while they change your oil and do other stuff. You can run up the blocks, open it up, go watch the first half of a game, come back out and clean up during halftime and you're done.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

moot the hopple posted:

I still have no idea what this Edgar Allen Poe thing that Howard's been teasing is supposed to be. It's not a straight reading because he mentioned the staff and Tan Mom doing some acting in it plus Robin singing. I guess it's going to be like a radio play but it just sounds like a trainwreck. Guess we'll see on Saturday.

I swear if I wasn't posting in a Howard Stern thread this would read like something straight out of a morning zoo-crew show would do.

Harrible.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Skip My Posts posted:

~25 for a full synthetic oil + filter beats the poo poo out of $50 or more that anywhere else charges. I also have the comfort knowing it was done right and the correct oil put in, and just not whatever they felt like using.

But yeah, if you just use conventional oil it's hard to beat the $16.99 oil change my local Walmart does. Probably with that is that I've known 2 people that had the incorrect amount of oil added, to the point the dipstick showed dry. Also several other people that have things like small dings and oily interiors. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the majority have no problems with them, but if you are a 'car guy' , these things are concerning.

Anyway, back to HS chat, how long ago was this Gilbert interview? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2LNhwjJwY

It was just uploaded on the 11th.. did he have him back on ?!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Dr.Caligari posted:

~25 for a full synthetic oil + filter beats the poo poo out of $50 or more that anywhere else charges. I also have the comfort knowing it was done right and the correct oil put in, and just not whatever they felt like using.

But yeah, if you just use conventional oil it's hard to beat the $16.99 oil change my local Walmart does. Probably with that is that I've known 2 people that had the incorrect amount of oil added, to the point the dipstick showed dry. Also several other people that have things like small dings and oily interiors. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the majority have no problems with them, but if you are a 'car guy' , these things are concerning.

Anyway, back to HS chat, how long ago was this Gilbert interview? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2LNhwjJwY

It was just uploaded on the 11th.. did he have him back on ?!

My wife went to a chain in Canada called Oil Changers. Not only did they put in too much oil, the oil they put in was used. Turns out the guy hit the wrong button and filled the engine block with all kinds of crappy dirty oil. Surely enough she drives away and the oil light comes on and she went to a different garage where they drained it all out. I had to argue with the manager until he reviewed his CCTV tapes and saw them do it.

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape
What actually happened is that the first shop forgot to reset the change oil light. It's not connected to a sensor or anything, it just turns on every 5000-ish miles.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

moot the hopple posted:

Sounds worse than Homo Cop. aaahhhooooooga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

Sounds worse than Homo Cop. aaahhhooooooga

Or worse than...

*generic serious violin riff*
*metal door opening and closing sounds*
*drill sound*

"Oh, lookies whats we's gots he'ah. What be's your names, midget?"
"It's ERIC!"