Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I believe I drunkenly posted that Mansel gimp pic at 1am thank you. :foldedarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I skimmed through the last few pages but didn't notice it so there it is again

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I believe I'm the one who drunkenly made the gimp joke, you just posted the picture.:colbert:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I couldn't remember as I was a bit drunk. Either way we beat that other sober guy to it. Go team.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

why would you assume I am sober

I mean I haven't had any alcohol today but I am Finnish

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Doc Morbid posted:

why would you assume I am sober

I mean I haven't had any alcohol today but I am Finnish

Then you don't have an excuse for posting it again.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Quite.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Drunk posting here, but it loving pisses me off that so many idiots think Mansell was a better driver than Piquet. I've seen rankings of drivers from serious motorsport magazines where Mansell is top 10 and Piquet is like 22nd and I don't know what the gently caress is going on.

Quote this if you think Mansell is a fraudulent hack, and Piquet is awesome.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Because Mansell, like your serious magazines was a British oval office. Piquet's just an uppity Portuguese speaking colonial.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

RALF posted:

Quote this if you think Mansell is a fraudulent hack
I started watching F1 when I was 3 or 4 years old and even then I could tell Mansell was a hack and a fraud

also here is gimp grosjean

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Pastor for some reason wears his mask all the time. Maybe something to do with Interpol?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I can't remember if I mentioned it before but this year I got into a genuine 3 hour long screaming match with a Brit who thought Mansell deserved three world championships.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Please god let there be a photo out there of gimp Nico.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Riso posted:

Pastor for some reason wears his mask all the time. Maybe something to do with Interpol?
well you know, Pastor is just really big on lucha libre tradition, which dictates that a luchador shall not unmask unless they lose it in a luchas de apuestas match to another luchador

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So he has to unmask when not-max inevitably rear ends him?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Something like that, yes.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Why is making fun of good honest Pastor Maldonado not probateable, but making fun of crappy garbageman Australian (all of them lol) drivers probateable. This thread is insanely bullshit as hell.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Who's making fun of Pastor? He's a good lad and a fine técnico (not to be confused with any other Nico) in the ring

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Couldn't find any pictures of Nico in a silly hat or gimp mask, but did find this one which is so beautiful in so many ways.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

When they showed Elton John in the VIP area during the race, I legit wondered why someone's grandma was hanging out with Bernie

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mansell was on the motorsport magazine podcast this week and it was an hour of pissing and moaning that it was more difficult for him than everyone else in the world, that he only ever lost because other people played politics, that every decision ever went against him and that he was better than any teammate he ever had but they all turned the team against him.

Except Patrese, who of course he stomped and appears to be the only teammate he ever liked.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Word on the street is that Vijay will rebrand as Aston Martin Racing next season.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Vijay should rebrand as someone who doesn't look like an old paedophile with a horrible ponytail.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

George Zimmer posted:

Word on the street is that Vijay will rebrand as Aston Martin Racing next season.

Well, let's hope Aston Martin doesn't sue him then

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

I can't remember if I mentioned it before but this year I got into a genuine 3 hour long screaming match with a Brit who thought Mansell deserved three world championships.

Teach you for volunteering at mental homes. The only people who don't think Mansell was poo poo and the worst British WDC are of questionable mind.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

ukle posted:

The only people who don't think Mansell was poo poo and the worst British WDC are of questionable mind.
That is a very rude thing to say about Murray Walker. To be fair, he was like 900 years old when Mansell won the WDC so maybe his mind wasn't quite working at full capacity at that point.

edit: Murray Walker also says that Mansell ended his career with the victory at the 1994 Australian GP

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Doc Morbid posted:

When they showed Elton John in the VIP area during the race, I legit wondered why someone's grandma was hanging out with Bernie

Hahah, I thought the same!. It wasn't until he went on the podium I realised who it was.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

ukle posted:

Teach you for volunteering at mental homes. The only people who don't think Mansell was poo poo and the worst British WDC are of questionable mind.

Honestly when he said 3 I thought he was taking the piss and started laughing but the man was dead serious.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Doc Morbid posted:

Vijay should rebrand as someone who doesn't look like an old paedophile with a horrible ponytail.

Eccentric, rich old people made this sport great. You hush.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Just bring back Briatore and everything will be better again.

Vijay wishes he was this cool

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 30, 2015

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Doc Morbid posted:

Vijay wishes he was this cool

Trulli, we all wish we were that cool.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Doc Morbid posted:

I started watching F1 when I was 3 or 4 years old and even then I could tell Mansell was a hack and a fraud

also here is gimp grosjean

All this cultural appropriation is very triggering.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ok time for Nico's car to catch on fire again :D

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Put the kettle on guys. Time for flaming brakes and exploding turbos.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Wait. Last race wind, this race fire, two races and earth and water to go. I'm calling aquaplaining in Brazil and binning it into a wall in Abu Dhabi.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Seriously though, I'm actually pretty excited about the Aston Martin Racing thing because I do like to see cars painted in British Racing Green and...

Autosport posted:

Alongside the team name change, it is understood the livery will become blue and gold as part of a link-up with sponsor Johnnie Walker.
...oh. :eng99: Well, blue and gold doesn't seem that bad either.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol loving Rosberg had a vsc countdown.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

RALF posted:

Well, let's hope Aston Martin doesn't sue him then

Theres an article on motorsport.com that explains the Marcedes Red Bull engine talks, one of the early options was they would rebrand a merc engine as Aston Martin, this may be the route FI are thinking

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-how-vw-s-f1-vision-helped-kill-red-bull-mercedes-deal/?v=2&s=1

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What the mother of all gently caress was that Hewlett Packard enterprise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

learnincurve posted:

Lol loving Rosberg had a vsc countdown.

That was pretty cool and totally something red bull would have had if newey was still around

• Locked thread