Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
For some reason I just now noticed that DMRs and shotguns are all-kit weapons alongside carbines and rifles. This is such a neat idea, considering the number of times I'd be stuck as an Engineer with a crappy SMG and no rockets in a huge rear end map full of vehicles.

I also had 50 battlepacks, but sadly I didn't get a Bowie Knife. RIP. Thanks for the help, goons. Now, I just gotta find where the hell is the save files folder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Legit laser, good recommendation, but useful in different situations from the M249. I find the M249 with its 200 round belt to be absolutely unsurpassed for situations where pubs are throwing themselves through one single doorway, which may actually be three doorways in a row because the walls got blown out on either side of the main one AHEMLOCKERSAHEMAHEM. sorry i got a cold Anyway. Crowded enemies in close to medium range, that's the M249. Stay put and spam fire, get shitloads of kill-assists and suppression points and accidentally get a kill or two forty. The RPK is a laser at medium range, slap a heavy barrel and stubby grip on it and it'll legit gently caress people's poo poo up on Propaganda, but it's basically a medium to long range assault rifle with a little extra damage and a big magazine, don't treat it like a bullet hose cause it ain't. Keep moving and be ready for no more than two or three enemies, and try to make sure they aren't in your face, keep your distance a little cause it's not great at CQB. But no need to burst fire, just lay on the trigger, it's super stable, I just couldn't stand bullets not hitting where my sights were which is where the HBAR and stubby came from.

Different strokes for different folks. As it happens those two are the only LMG's that I've got over 500 kills with.

edit: Oh as for the vehicle patch... um, thanks for the extra killstreaks :dice: cause you buffed the mediocre poo poo I was already good with. :v: Even the MAA and active radar nerfs didn't really hurt all that bad, both are still useful poo poo.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 31, 2015

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Nah the rpk is excellent everywhere that isnt lockers or metro at which point you should be shotgunning anyway.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Even after unlocking everything I still really like the m249

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Alright guys, I'm at the point where you choose who has to detonate the explosives in the last mission. Someone said you only have to finish it once to finally have all six weapons? Do I have to do anything in particular?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did DICE gently caress up the netcode again because Im getting tons of lag. So are others on the servers I keep playing on.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Azran posted:

Alright guys, I'm at the point where you choose who has to detonate the explosives in the last mission. Someone said you only have to finish it once to finally have all six weapons? Do I have to do anything in particular?

I think you have to finish it 3 times to get the 3 weapons. One time you have to give the explosives to Omar, one time you give them to the annoying Chinese lady, and one time you hold on to the explosives until the carrier explodes.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did DICE gently caress up the netcode again because Im getting tons of lag. So are others on the servers I keep playing on.

I've noticed that the server reported pings are higher now than they were the last time I played with any regularity, but it might be me because I have a new computer and a new ISP.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Azran posted:

You can finish it one way, save and exit, and play the last mission over again twice to get the other two, no need to start from the beginning each time. Give the explosives to the girl for the P90, the guy for the M249, or just ignore them and literally just sit and wait and you'll lose the game and get whatever that Chinese gun is.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

New Concept Hole posted:

The first LMG, the U-100 Mk5, is amazing because it basically has no recoil and can hit enemies up to DMR ranges.

i never ever used this gun and have a few unlocks from cases for it i just tried it this gun is off the hook

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Friar Zucchini posted:

You can finish it one way, save and exit, and play the last mission over again twice to get the other two, no need to start from the beginning each time. Give the explosives to the girl for the P90, the guy for the M249, or just ignore them and literally just sit and wait and you'll lose the game and get whatever that Chinese gun is.

It seems finishing the mission once (with the linked file in the OP) was enough to unlock everything. I let the carrier explode because goddamn SP is aggresively boring.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Push the elevator, Recker

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
This is the true canon ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1lHFanpfoM

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sponsored By Head & Shoulders

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Azran posted:

For some reason I just now noticed that DMRs and shotguns are all-kit weapons alongside carbines and rifles. This is such a neat idea, considering the number of times I'd be stuck as an Engineer with a crappy SMG and no rockets in a huge rear end map full of vehicles.

Embrace the AK-5C carbine. It's legit; one of my favourite weapons.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Embrace the AK-5C carbine. It's legit; one of my favourite weapons.

Most of the Carbines range from decent to great. The ACW-R is awesome, as is the SG. The only real stinkers are the G36C and the Groza-1. The former because it does absolutely nothing well, the latter because it has a built-in suppressor you can't take off which severely limits its usefulness in most situations.

And the M4 is kinda gimmicky.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Any other weapons I should avoid?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Bolt action rifles have no place on the modern battlefield. Most of the PDWs are only useful in close combat on infantry maps, which is the last place you want to be an engineer in. The MAre's leg is a goofy gimmick that doesn't do anything useful. The Phantom Bow is completely worthless.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Groza-1 has a built-in Compensator and Angled, the Groza-4 has the integral suppressor(and also Heavy barrel) but an open grip slot, which makes it a solid choice for PDWs. The G36C has problems, like its range advantage being a bit lackluster, but it has some of the easiest recoil in the game and any class can use it. The M4 can be good but it is punishing for failure. I agree that BARs are bad and should feel bad. PDWs are actually better than Carbines from 8m to 33m which is the majority of your engagement ranges. the Mare's Leg is super niche but does have some advantages over the .44 Magnum, which means it's better than it was before. The Phantom Bow is a joke weapon.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

sitchelin posted:

The AR sucks, but the M249 and P90 are both bullethoses and I go on many killstreaks with them.
The QBZ-95 is the most accurate non-burst AR as well as being bullpup and its sights aren't hosed up anymore

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The QBZ-95 is the most accurate non-burst AR as well as being bullpup and its sights aren't hosed up anymore

More accurate than the SAR-21?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
the QBZ is good but it's not more accurate than the SAR-21.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

They're certainly of the same niche. I have over 600 kills with both even though I don't really like low ROF ARs besides the SCAR. The SAR is easier but if you're not a new player anymore I'd recommend the QBZ for its ROF edge every time.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 31, 2015

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
You can sperg about weapons all day long if you want, but I just followed really good advice given ITT ages ago: Use the weapon that works for you.

Try them all, depending on your playstyle/skill/aspirations some will likely work better than others, and should you like Ramboing it up with the bow, why not just do it?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Because the bow is beyond terrible and it will get you killed a ton and make you hate the game a lot. The only person it trolls is its user

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Azran posted:

I also had 50 battlepacks, but sadly I didn't get a Bowie Knife. RIP. Thanks for the help, goons. Now, I just gotta find where the hell is the save files folder.

I love running around with a DMR + SMAR. They work great together. I used to use DMR + defib+health packs, but if you're on the front line using a DMR something has gone wrong. It took me awhile to learn that the best way to use a DMR is to come at the enemy from a direction other than all your team mates.

[edit] I like how DMR's have a much quicker "time to kill" than assault rifles in the right situation. At say, 100 meters out, the assault rifle has to hit with 6 bullets, and has to make each one count vs 3 bullets for the DMR. A 3 shot to center mass can happen pretty much as quick as you can tap the mouse. Bam bam bam. Dead.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 31, 2015

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

TheRationalRedditor posted:

They're certainly of the same niche. I have over 600 kills with both even though I don't really like low ROF ARs besides the SCAR. The SAR is easier but if you're not a new player anymore I'd recommend the QBZ for its ROF edge every time.

The point is though the SAR is empirically the more accurate weapon because the stats that govern accuracy get better as RoF gets slower irregardless of individual skill.

Hopper posted:

You can sperg about weapons all day long if you want, but I just followed really good advice given ITT ages ago: Use the weapon that works for you.

Try them all, depending on your playstyle/skill/aspirations some will likely work better than others, and should you like Ramboing it up with the bow, why not just do it?

Not that I disagree, but all I can think of is how poorly this position meshes with the everlasting hatred held for snipers on this forum.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

New Concept Hole posted:

Not that I disagree, but all I can think of is how poorly this position meshes with the everlasting hatred held for snipers on this forum.

Well, people who play a wookie hill sniper are just sad people because they don't contribute to their team. No matter which weapon they choose. On the other hand, you can be an awesome and useful recon with any weapon that works for you as long as you PTFO.
Even if you decide to use knife and bow only, as long as you go for the objective, you are cool in my book.

Ergo: Wheter you are a pathetic idiot or not is not determined by the weapon you use but by whether you PTFO or not.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

ArchangeI posted:

Bolt action rifles have no place on the modern battlefield. Most of the PDWs are only useful in close combat on infantry maps, which is the last place you want to be an engineer in. The MAre's leg is a goofy gimmick that doesn't do anything useful. The Phantom Bow is completely worthless.

Bolt actions can actually be pretty funny if you want a change of pace. The important thing about them is to immediately rip the scope off, go with ironsights, and shoot imperialists like it's 1942. :ussr:

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
How do you all run your attachments lately? I've been running compensator and stubby grip on most weapons 800rpm and above - the F2000, the MG4 and the MTAR, for example. Below 800rpm I feel like there isn't anything as optimal for me, hbar/angled and stubby with no barrel attachment are the most common choices I make.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Bathtub Cheese posted:

How do you all run your attachments lately? I've been running compensator and stubby grip on most weapons 800rpm and above - the F2000, the MG4 and the MTAR, for example. Below 800rpm I feel like there isn't anything as optimal for me, hbar/angled and stubby with no barrel attachment are the most common choices I make.

I like ergo+hbar on the lower RoF weapons, unless its a bullpup or a PDW, in which case I'd rather have stubby. Angled only aids in lowering the difficulty in using a weapon, which is fine but it isn't giving you the stat boosts that the other two grips can give you if you can use a weapon without it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Azran posted:

Any other weapons I should avoid?

Basically all of them but the knife.

Use nothing but the knife.

Forever.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Deakul posted:

Basically all of them but the knife.

Use nothing but the knife.

Forever.

This. Always this. I know it's not much, but I've earned over a thousand knife kills in legit matches. The feeling of just ganking someone and taking their tags is good.

Plus they fixed the knifing, somewhat.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Perestroika posted:

Bolt actions can actually be pretty funny if you want a change of pace. The important thing about them is to immediately rip the scope off, go with ironsights, and shoot imperialists like it's 1942. :ussr:

:agreed:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Tasoth posted:

This. Always this. I know it's not much, but I've earned over a thousand knife kills in legit matches. The feeling of just ganking someone and taking their tags is good.

Plus they fixed the knifing, somewhat.

I have eighty-two. Out of 15,000 and change total kills.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I just unlocked the PP2000 and I actually really enjoy this gun! I was using a P90 but, I donno, I don't know stats and stuff but this gun is really fun to use :)

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

I don't know stats and stuff but
And now you do.

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?P90_vs_PP-2000

It's more controllable is what it looks like to me. First off is the much lower fire rate, which really reduces perceived recoil even before counting in the actual recoil stats.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So uh, is there any way to change my soldier's name? In BFBC2 you could just make another IIRC.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Azran posted:

So uh, is there any way to change my soldier's name? In BFBC2 you could just make another IIRC.

Origin > Account and Privacy > About Me > Basic Information > ID

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Origin > Account and Privacy > About Me > Basic Information > ID

Thank you :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Friar Zucchini posted:

I have eighty-two. Out of 15,000 and change total kills.

This. Short of whatever feeling of extra enjoyment you gets, using your knife is almost always going to be far inferior to just using your main weapon or pistol.

• Locked thread