Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Burning rooms have fire enemies and lots more flames, which makes jumpers a little more dangerous and can kill some other enemies faster. Nice tradeoff in some ways.

Flooded floors made me feel like I was moving slower, but I can't say that for certain. Would be good if that were true.

Still no idea about Dank Depths, though. Just seems like a new version of the Depths to me without any mechanical change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, this is a good day.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 31, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not sure why the "Brains!" challenge being a tearless bob's brain run surprised me.

It's nice enough to give you 3 brains, but it still sucks. Bob's brain still sucks hard and seems to not want to fire off half the time.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer
Lilith gets... a bit insane with the right item combinations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Beat The Guardian and unlocked the Blank Rune. That challenge is an absolute nightmare. Got lucky and found a free Polyphemus in the depths, so I didn't have to take a ton of unavoidable damage from Mom.

Dunno what the item actually does, though, cause I haven't found it yet.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Afraid of Audio posted:

3rd run i get to hush

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

same

I was so close to beating that mother fucker

what an awesome battle

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

AbDomen posted:

Lilith gets... a bit insane with the right item combinations.

This looks like this should crash the game but I'm guessing it somehow doesn't

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Haha, even with quad shot Brimstone Hush takes forever to kill.

Unlocked Eden's Blessing, though, so excited to see what that does.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Afraid of Audio posted:

3rd run i get to hush

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Same.
Crazy fun battle, dunno if I just had low attack or he has a shitload of health but the fight was long and intense

By the way, the XXXXXL challenge is really long but pretty interesting. Just don't get amnesia on one of the floors like I did :suicide:
Have no idea what Gold Hearts do. I got one once but lost it without noticing so I have no idea

Seems like they changed the boss rush? I got Monstro II in the first wave, which I'm pretty sure isn't right. Died immediately so I couldn't see what else was different

Augus fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 31, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Color Printer posted:

This looks like this should crash the game but I'm guessing it somehow doesn't

Wait until the Vita port.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
So what do the new slots on the card represent? I'm guessing Ultra Greed and Hush are two, but I haven't seen thing about a third. Did they finally make Mega Satan count, or are there just more secrets to be found?

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Well I'm pretty sure that there are underground buttholes shooting flying chunks of corn at me now, and I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Augus posted:

Same.
Crazy fun battle, dunno if I just had low attack or he has a shitload of health but the fight was long and intense

By the way, the XXXXXL challenge is really long but pretty interesting. Just don't get amnesia on one of the floors like I did :suicide:
Have no idea what Gold Hearts do. I got one once but lost it without noticing so I have no idea

Seems like they changed the boss rush? I got Monstro II in the first wave, which I'm pretty sure isn't right. Died immediately so I couldn't see what else was different

Gold Hearts make it so that when you lose a heart, you get money. Something I'm noticing is that money is much easier to get now. Maybe too easy.

Yeah, Boss Rush has a random order now, and includes all the bosses from Rebirth. If you haven't gotten that post it note marked off, it's gonna be a lot harder now.

Also it feels like Azazel is a lot harder to use now. His short range seems to be a lot more crippling than it was in Rebirth.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

Ugh, how is ragman a level 1 boss?

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth - edmund hates you, can't you see

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ddraig posted:

Haha, even with quad shot Brimstone Hush takes forever to kill.

Yeah Hush could probably use like a 25% nerf to his HP, it's kind of ludicrously high. I beat him as Guppy with Brimstone and it still took forever.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Steam Sales stack now. Getting 2 makes all shop items permanently free. I can see this being very abusable.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Guardian challenge is hilarious, what's the name of the sword item?

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hit a nasty bug. Started up Afterbirth for the first time, say yes when it prompts me to import my data, game crashes.
Start it back up again, try to open file 1 (the only file that actually had a save) and the game crashes.
Disable Afterbirth, start the game, try to open file 1, game crashes.

I think Afterbirth corrupted my save :smith:

It's no huge loss, I guess. I only had like half the challenges finished and maybe 75% of the pickups, and I haven't played in awhile so it's probably better going in fresh.

That being said, Greed mode is fun as hell.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

HAHAHA! There's a version of Options that affects item rooms!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

That stupid button in Greed mode has damaged me more than anything else. :argh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

That stupid button in Greed mode has damaged me more than anything else. :argh:

Same. It's also dumb because there's no real reason to ever use it. I wish I could just disable it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Same. It's also dumb because there's no real reason to ever use it. I wish I could just disable it.

It's funny because the only character that actually has a reason to use it is The Lost. And turns out he's the only character that doesn't take any damage from pressing it. (Azazel still gets hurt.) At least he has an advantage there.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I streamed some today and recorded a bonkers lilith run with missingno, what's a simple way to trim down a flv to upload?

Also, the burning basement + curse of darkness makes it almost impossible to see anything at all. The darkness filter and the smoke filter layer on top of each other and it's awful.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Steam Sales stack now. Getting 2 makes all shop items permanently free. I can see this being very abusable.

Considering there's a Refresh item that makes every shop infinitely respawning like in Greed mode..wow that's abusable. Also I got that new food item that causes every tear to have a random effect, apparently one of the effects causes your enemies to shrink. Wonder if that's an actual tear item, it'd be interesting(if incredibly bad for you)

I've also seen a refresh box in a treasure room, so it's nice to see them being a bit more dynamic.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

So if anyone was wondering, the super bosses are still totally vulnerable to the mighty CHAOS CARD.
Well, Ultra Greed is at minimum.
Also I can completely confirm that the donation machine at the end of greed mode has unlocks tied to it. Putting in 70¢ makes it so Cain starts with the paperclip.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Any tips to do the Braiiiiiiins challenge without killing myself IRL?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Man, the Chaos item is hilarious. It's the weird red symbol thing in the shop. It appears to scramble the item pools, so things can get ludicrous pretty quickly.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
So that's what that does, that would explain why I kept getting health up items in devil rooms.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ugh, talk about a frustrating room. Didn't help that the fly below the pink one was an antigrav champion.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Beat Hush without taking damage :madmax:

I would have gotten hit a couple times if I didn't have orbitals, so doing it without any is next.

Nighthand posted:

I streamed some today and recorded a bonkers lilith run with missingno, what's a simple way to trim down a flv to upload?
I use handbrake(with the convenient "Web Optimized" checkbox).

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Prop Wash posted:

Man, the Chaos item is hilarious. It's the weird red symbol thing in the shop. It appears to scramble the item pools, so things can get ludicrous pretty quickly.

Combine that with the free refreshing shop exploit, and say hello to an incredibly easy RPG.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I was all excited when I got ring-laser tears but then I found a bunch of other cool tear powerups that should have done something and none of them did.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Welp. Built a Meat Boy on my fourth run for my new save thanks to a first floor Book of Rev.

Also the new Boss Rush seems way easier and it seems like it's somewhat randomized with a limit of how many bosses you can get so not every boss is in every rush.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Welp, found an item combo (besides brimstone) that makes Anti Gravity tears good. Antigrav + Tractor Beam means laser accurate tear shotgun.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:stare: :stare: :stare: Holy gently caress that Ultra Greed fight

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Oh, hello there Steven Tumor in a gold chest. I guess that means you're a lot easier to get now.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

Oh, hello there Steven Tumor in a gold chest. I guess that means you're a lot easier to get now.

I've played the game for hundreds of hours, and I think about 50% of the times I've gotten Steven have been after Afterbirth launched. It's ridiculous.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Welp, can't enter the new area, the game crashes on me when I try. :|

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jesus Christ, why is champion Dingle so fast? I was in Greed mode and he just charged from off screen like a black streak.

EDIT: On a positive note, jar of flies seems pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Testekill posted:

Jesus Christ, why is champion Dingle so fast? I was in Greed mode and he just charged from off screen like a black streak.

EDIT: On a positive note, jar of flies seems pretty neat.

What increases the counter? I only got it in Greed Mode, so things were too hectic for me to pay attention to it.