Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dark Off posted:

:gary: :yarg:
i will look really foolish if this emote doesnt get made

i look really foolish usually, my e cred is poor according to hot or not dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Hopper posted:

^^^WTF I am German I remember that show, I don't remember Ranseier though and I have NEVER heard of this alledged "joke category". Somebody must be really invested in their comedy... the show didn't
even sell jpgs back then...

Karl Ranseier ist tot! Der wohl erfolgloseste **** aller Zeiten ...

That should ring some bells. I would do a skit, fitting for this thread but :effort: and none of the non-german goons (and the younger Germans) would understand it anyway.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Plankalkuel posted:

That should ring some bells. I would do a skit, fitting for this thread but :effort: and none of the non-german goons (and the younger Germans) would understand it anyway.

Kentucky schreit ficken

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

i look really foolish usually, my e cred is poor according to hot or not dot com.

who am i kidding i will look foolish anyways.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Plankalkuel posted:

Oh that, I always thought that was lame...

In other news:

I am disgusted at all the redditors taking down ourtheir own pics, Sandi and Fatnick banning Beer over his posts here, and all the reddit lurkers illegally "archiving" our posts and therefore approriating our intellectual property.

So just to spite them all I donated :10bux: to the SA cloud movement.

PS: :gary: PAAAAAAARP

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope CIG tries to one up Elite again, only to have it fail spectacularly like last time

it will fail regardless

The only way they can escape some rather scathing attention is if they launch Alpha 2.0 before Elite, or at least a month after.

Going head to head is an utterly terrible idea, they will get completely buried by the comparisons between the two games' progress. If they're out in advance they avoid that entirely.

And if they're far enough behind that most people will have played Horizons for long enough to be done with it, they can catch the rebound. There's probably an optimum time you have the media people ready to be their most generous -- "Elite Horizons was good, but what's Star Citizen up to?" That time might also fall neatly into the January dead time when games media is pretty starved for stories.

But all that pre-supposes that CIG has any control over scheduling, something they have displayed zero ability to do.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nation posted:

Just heard from lowtax if we hit the next funding goal ($50) he will add a cockpit gui to this thread!!!

Well considering I donated $25, aren't we past this $50 funding goal already?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wafflz posted:

I donated :5bux: and I will ID Karl. Pay up :gary:

Nope. I already knew about Karl. I even bought him an avatar, remember? :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Young Freud posted:

Derek Smart didn't even need to try to destroy the grey market. CIG/RSI could do it themselves.

An introductory post in GBS :unsmigghh:

LOL!! Yeah. Pretty much how they are destroying the game themselves, while others are blaming it all on me.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Thanks to CIG's one of a kind PU matchmaking technology I can rest easy knowing that all my encounters in the Verse will be perfectly balanced.

Thank you Chris, for keeping the game fair.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Nation posted:

Just heard from lowtax if we hit the next funding goal ($50) he will add a cockpit gui to this thread!!!

:gary: I already have plat and archives

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Octopode posted:

Despite D_Smart's suggestion otherwise, Calix explicitly points out in that article that they are using a parameterized flight model, with tuning parameters for both different control modes and for individual ship characteristics to distinguish what he's calling different flight models.

As for surface flight, since the basic control mechanism for their flight model is applied acceleration, gravity is an easy addition. Aerodynamics probably not so much, since (to be done right), it would require calculations and input based on whatever the physical hull geometry looks like. They could still pretty easily apply the final results, but actually calculating the necessary accelerations to apply would be another project in itself.

I stand by precisely what I said. Quoted again below for context.

quote:

It's messed up.

For one thing; the fact that they need more than one flight model, instead of using data parameters passed to a primary one in order to make the ships handle differently, cater to different play styles etc is telling.

So now they're going to have to deal with bugs, issues, tweaks etc in all these flight models. More distractions, downtime, ire etc. I swear sometimes I have to wonder wtf is going on over there.

ps: I've been writing flight models since the eighties. In fact, my most advanced flight model is in my 2009 games (All Aspect Warfare / Angle Of Attack). Here is a narrated YouTube video of one. Watch closely.

I read their dev update and that's what my comment is based on. They have different flight models. Each of which has various data driven parameters. But still ends up being more than one flight model.

It's going to be a nightmare for them to balance, fine tune, tweak etc. Not unlike how the AC 1.x flight model is now; and which, after almost a year, they never did fix it. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know jack. Especially when you consider that, again, the current one is over a year (the developed it before releasing it, and it has been on public release almost a year) old and it is still borked.

Raticus79 posted:

Does anything in particular stand out to you as requiring different models rather than different parameters here?
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15031-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Flight-Model-Changes
Seems like they're essentially just three different max speeds with corresponding changes in allowed maneuvering thrust. It's not like they're dealing with aerodynamics in these so they're relatively minor tweaks.

Surface flight could be a different story. I wonder if they'll bother with gravity and aerodynamics or just handwave it as being handled by the thrusters.

Yup. Nobody has said anything yet about how these new models are going to translate to keyboard, mouse, joypad and joystick controls. ALL of those handled need to be completely revised for the new flight models.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

D_Smart posted:

There's nothing to see. He's probably talking about my lawsuits over the years and which only show one thing: that I prevailed.

He's clutching at straws and just pissed that I changed his avatar. But since he's here to troll me, if he thinks the current one is bad, wait till he sees the next one.

I didn't even recognised that someone changed it in the first place. So you spend 20$ (and someone else 10$) to change an avatar in a forum? Just because you don't care I suppose? Do you really think that anyone takes you serious? If it ever comes to a lawsuit it will be hilarious. Your credibility is 0. You're supposed a grown up man, but you're nothing more than a bully.
At this point this 'threat assessment' was a compliment.

Regarding your history of lawsuits it's embarrassing and shows that you lied at several occasions, that's all.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Marxalot posted:

:gary: I already have plat and archives

Get me a avatar then? and some candy.
:gary: Paaarp

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Just because you don't care I suppose?

You paid :10bux: to post here, because you don't care ? Keep in mind this is a safe place. Don't do anything harsh.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

D_Smart posted:

Well considering I donated $25, aren't we past this $50 funding goal already?

typical lowtax hit $100 got greedy and changed the whole plan, now he is off to the cloud (meth smoke)

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
My Grand Sovereign, Pu Pu of the South, Slayer of the white knights, King Smart, Elector of Litigiousberg;
I humbly request a time table for your upcoming legal campaign against that cretinous house of Roberts, so that I may better plan my observations and lulz. Will it begin in early November, or late?

Your ever loyal subject,

Lord NeckBeard,
Prince of the BackBeards

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 31, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You paid :10bux: to post here, because you don't care ? Keep in mind this is a safe place. Don't do anything harsh.

Yeah, pretty much what I said.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nation posted:

typical lowtax hit $100 got greedy and changed the whole plan, now he is off to the cloud (meth smoke)

It's the Star Citizen biz model. Raise money for vision 1.0. Get the money. Go for vision 2.0. Then clean out the suckers. :shepspends:

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Karl_Ramseier, probably world's worst impersonator of obscure, fictional german TV personae, is not dead. This is in stark contrast to Karl Ranseier, who lead many fictional lives, but always ended up dead by the time he made it into the now barely remembered comedy show "Samstag Nacht" (eng. "Saturday Night"). Many online commentators criticize him to this day for his incompetence in regard to imitate the unifying feature of all of Karl Ranseier's iterations: being dead.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I didn't even recognised that someone changed it in the first place. So you spend 20$ (and someone else 10$) to change an avatar in a forum? Just because you don't care I suppose? Do you really think that anyone takes you serious? If it ever comes to a lawsuit it will be hilarious. Your credibility is 0. You're supposed a grown up man, but you're nothing more than a bully.

Regarding your history of lawsuits it's embarrassing and shows that you lied at several occasions, that's all.

you're pretty worked up about a space game that doesn't exist and that you haven't invested any money in.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 31, 2015

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

Just imagine you go to a coiffeur.....

:cripes:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Your credibility is 0.
Actually, Derek is batting over .500 on detailed predictions regarding CIG's future-- which is considerably better than CIG's record.

As amazing as this is to type (I honestly can't believe my brain is letting my fingers type it), "Derek Smart is one of the most credible authorities rendering judgment on Cloud imperium at this time."

I know this has proven a very difficult thing for Star Citizen backers to accept. It runs counter to the triumphalist "I've come to save PC Gaming and create the Best drat Space Sim Ever!" narrative of Chris Roberts and to the "destroyer of Coke Machines and producer of much derided games" reputation of Derek Smart. Yet the narratives are irrelevant to the facts since July, and the fact is, Derek has predicted CIG's steps with eerie accuracy.

We do not yet have confirmation as to their financial standing. Derek's claims that CIG was down to an 7 figure cash reserve as of late summer is perhaps his most outrageous claim of all-- yet it seems telling that Ortwin and Chris ignored this particular whopper in their detailed replies to the Escapist article. Nothing would have been easier to refute-- and no other claim The Escapist (and formerly Derek Smart) was more dire about the state of things at Cloud Imperium.

But even if Derek is proven wrong on this point, he's still batting over .500. His credibility is unfortunately higher than you estimate.

quote:

You're supposed a grown up man, but you're nothing more than a bully.
Well, I'd agree Derek can be a bully, but in ways both good and bad, he's considerably more than that.

quote:

I can think of no individual on this planet who has proven a greater threat to CIG than Derek Smart, save for Chris Roberts and Sandi Gardiner.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 1, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Hmm, I think I am gonna give this kid some infos about your lawsuits (starting with the parentship one, don't you think?) and other personal info, let's see at which point someone thinks gently caress it and publish it all.
That will be glorious to watch.

I think pretending to be different people and talking about sharing accounts is a novel approach to protecting yourself and I wish you good fortune.

I mean you're obviously crazy, that's some defence right there too, right?

AP fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 31, 2015

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

I think pretending to be different people and talking about sharing accounts is a novel approach to protecting yourself and I wish you good fortune.

I mean you're obviously crazy, that's some defence right there too, right?

what a whiny little loving baby

waaahhhhhhh ds is being mean to people i dont know
waaaaahhhhhhhhh my videogames
waaahhhhhhhhhh daddy will help

*farts*

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
lol at ramseier, you have been reddit doxxed and you are an assclown.
btw: i have spent about 300$ on tf2 hats that sparkle and poo poo, i should just shut up probably

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hey, I'm from germany. Can somebody tell me how that can't be sued thing works, I wanna be an internet tough guy too!

:gary:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Romes128 posted:

what a whiny little loving baby

waaahhhhhhh ds is being mean to people i dont know
waaaaahhhhhhhhh my videogames
waaahhhhhhhhhh daddy will help

*farts*

my dad's spaceship can beat up your dad's spaceship

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

imagine 4 jpg ships on the edge of a cliff

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

I'm a democrat.

The real question is: Pepsi or Coca-Cola?

You only get 1 chance.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wuxi posted:

Hey, I'm from germany. Can somebody tell me how that can't be sued thing works, I wanna be an internet tough guy too!

oh god it pops out of spoiler tags and its hilarious

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Romes128 posted:

oh god it pops out of spoiler tags and its hilarious

lmao I saw that too

:gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
On Why Redditors Just Don't Get It - A primer to any redditor considering buying an SA account for spying

quote:

lefthandtrav 13 pontos 21 hours ago
Does he not realize that Maxwell Smart is a complete and utter buffoon who leaps before he looks and THAT'S why they plastered his face on there with a quote attached that only helps to reinforce that? smh

quote:

azurelinctus 5 pontos 19 hours ago
Yep, I think we all understood it in an instant, the humour and thought behind it appears to have been lost on DS. Derek is quite happy and proud about it judging by his comments in twitter. The man is so daft.

quote:

TheRoadbeer 4 pontos 18 hours ago
It's like the "Full warlord" one.
He is so mind-numbingly ignorant of pop culture references, he doesn't even know when he's being trolled.

quote:

Kant_Lavar 3 pontos 11 hours ago
Look, whatever plays on his name we might make, Smart actually is fairly intelligent. He has to be, to do the job he's done just from a technical standpoint.
The way the Goons are just pulling his strings like this, and he doesn't see what happening even when they practically shove it under his nose... I'm virtually speechless. I almost want to take pity and try and warm him or something.

Look you mongs since you evidently read this thread let me try to explain this to you... SA is like a wolf dog mutt pack and when you're running with the pack you will occasionally get a playful bite. It's to be expected, it's a bonding thing, in order to fit in you have to take any such nibbling it in the spirit it was made. You people overthink everything, sometimes a funny pic is a funny pic, you start foaming at the mouth in outrage and then get all surprised when the whole pack turns on you in the blink of an eye. It's how we can always tell you fuckers a mile away, you keep bringing attention to the stuff that pushes your buttons, to you everything is serious business and you can't help but getting all butthurt over the dumbest poo poo.

TL;DR: He can take a joke but I'd love if your precious Messiah or his wife dropped by one day, see if they could deal with teasing in an adult manner. From what I've seen so far I doubt it.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 31, 2015

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

Well easy, they are Star Shitzens, they think if they believe just hard enough, it will eventually work.

In a surge of entrepreneurial spirit, I stoleprepared a concept art we can sell them, to finance the SA cloud movement, and maybe a 20k coffee machine

Disclaimer: This is just pre-alpha footage, it will be revised to eventually include everything you ever dreamed of, in about to weeks.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

:captainpop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just like how they think there is some secret cabal of goons who are masterminding some bullshit

We are just people on a message board enjoying watching CIG fail

That's all

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

On Why Redditors Just Don't Get It - A primer to any redditor considering buying an SA account for spying

Look you mongs since you evidently read this thread let me try to explain this to you... SA is like a wolf dog mutt pack and when you're running with the pack you will occasionally get a playful bite. It's to be expected, it's a bonding thing, in order to fit in you have to take any such nibbling it in the spirit it was made. You people overthink everything, sometimes a funny pic is a funny pic, you start foaming at the mouth in outrage and then get all surprised when the whole pack turns on you in the blink of an eye. It's how we can always tell you fuckers a mile away, you keep bringing attention to the stuff that pushes your buttons, to you everything is serious business and you can't help but getting all butthurt over the dumbest poo poo.

TL;DR: He can take a joke but I'd love if your precious Messiah or his wife dropped by one day, see if they could deal with teasing in an adult manner. From what I've seen so far I doubt it.

I think it's you that doesn't get it, :colbert: the gang all posting on rsi in the same thread (Karl & Roadbeer), in r/dereksmart in the same threads and in their twitter club perfectly understand SA.

Somethingawful, it's all fun and games until someone asks you to dance.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Eonwe posted:

I just like how they think there is some secret cabal of goons who are masterminding some bullshit

We are just people on a message board enjoying watching CIG fail

That's all

See you tomorrow at the meeting.

Don't forget your robes again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

• Locked thread