Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I've been killed in it from the front by a marder 3, it is beatable.

E: In the video I just posted, a panzer 4h pens my front armour straight up.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Every tank that can take out a vanilla T-34 from the front can take out a T-34E from the front, that includes all PzKpfw IV, even the ones with the stubby L/24 guns. You all get saved by pubbies beeing pubbies and hammering into the reinforced sides and turret instead of just salmming right into the front hull and blowing it up. Or going for the 'driver hatch' weakpoint, which is not one on any later T-34, but actually one of the tougher parts of the front.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Feindfeuer posted:

Every tank that can take out a vanilla T-34 from the front can take out a T-34E from the front, that includes all PzKpfw IV, even the ones with the stubby L/24 guns. You all get saved by pubbies beeing pubbies and hammering into the reinforced sides and turret instead of just salmming right into the front hull and blowing it up. Or going for the 'driver hatch' weakpoint, which is not one on any later T-34, but actually one of the tougher parts of the front.

The driver hatch has serious ablative qualities on the t34e. Turret ring and turret are actually the most easy spots to hurt them.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Yes, the driver hatch is solid 75mm on all later T-34, the turret can be tricky for L/24 armed Pz IV because of the extra spacing unless you hit the mantlet, the rest of the front is easy to pen... and if you actually have a L/42 armed Pz IV you can punch holes into a T-34 from any direction anyway.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Lot of Russian groundforce players tonight. Every match Germany and the US were paired up. How long until Russia vs. Russia rounds? :commissar:

And then what? Ground Forces Apocalypse!

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I had the opposite, I got into a german/russian match (I was the sole Russian) vs America.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

So I was in second place for more than half of one of the Po-2 races, I passed the guy who'd been in first all that time on a turn, and then shot him down within 20 checkpoints of the end of the race, out of 132. He was a little irritated.

Seriously though what language is that, I don't recognize it. I thought Russian maybe but google gives me nothing.

It's been twenty minutes and he's still sending me messages. It's wonderful.

ArchRanger fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 1, 2015

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Gomik apparently means "homosexual" in Russian.

E: Pidarac is also apparently a misspelling of the Russian word for fag

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 1, 2015

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

EmDuck posted:

The SU-122P is also great but with 6.7BR being what it is right now, it may not be the best investment.

I don't remember this changing, but the SU-122P is at 6.3 right now, should pair pretty nicely with a T-34-100.

https://imgur.com/k1FeNWd

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Astrotrain posted:

I don't remember this changing, but the SU-122P is at 6.3 right now, should pair pretty nicely with a T-34-100.

https://imgur.com/k1FeNWd

Only in arcade, it's 6.7 in other modes.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
Woops, total waste of money then. Any way to see that in-game?

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
You have to angle the T-34E aggressively (30-45 degrees). That will make the front autobounce and the sides will soak up ridiculous amount of bullshit.

That together makes it exceptionally hard to kill.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Astrotrain posted:

Woops, total waste of money then. Any way to see that in-game?

Bottom right of the vehicle menu is a bit where you can choose between arcade/realistic/simulator stats.

They might refund it for you, they have for me before.

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 1, 2015

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Heliosicle posted:

Bottom right of the vehicle menu is a bit where you can choose between arcade/realistic/simulator stats.

They might refund it for you, they have for me before.

Nah, I've had the SU-122P since long before the sale because I hate money. Yet somehow I've never noticed or forgot about the stat toggles, thanks!

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sometimes, beauty lays in simplicity.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I will see you brought before the Hague for crimes against humanity

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I'm playing this again as it seems like the only game I dont give up on after a week. Ign is ChickenWyngzSA

ChickenWyngz fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 1, 2015

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Teal posted:

Sometimes, beauty lays in simplicity.

She is pefection

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
Can someone check how many eagles for a Tiger H1 talisman? Thinking about grabbing one once I get it researched.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Do these challenges need to be done in 1 round?

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mariguana posted:

Can someone check how many eagles for a Tiger H1 talisman? Thinking about grabbing one once I get it researched.

700 right now, so 1400 full price.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

paper planes cant melt steel ships

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

I really really wish a recording of what that sounded like existed.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
holy poo poo it flew almost clean through the entire ship :wth:

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

How do I fly the Firebrand and Seafires? The first one seems very spitfire like until you get to altitude and then it's suddenly not as great as its land based counterparts.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Wait, how does that happen?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Azran posted:

Belt armor beats thin skinned planes.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Got the Yak-3 VK-107, earned 2000 from wagers, made up the rest with the Romanian G-2 pack's eagles. Managed to rip my wings off going straight in it :thumbsup:

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Ha just spaded my T-54/1951 by unlocking the APDS and getting the remaining 3 from one of those achievement crates, that was pretty funny. 79k RP towards the SU-122-54 just from filling out module tiers.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Which tanks are worth putting talismans on?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

What do you think happens when a small plane slams into solid armour?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Regarde Aduck posted:

What do you think happens when a small plane slams into solid armour?

I just didn't think it would such a (relatively) clean uh, imprint, on the ship :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

On the T-34-100, is it ever worth using the APBC shells over APHE? The penetrations seem nigh-identical, is the explosive part any different?

It's an absolute blast either way, tanks are way more fun when you don't have to unlock poo poo.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Enourmo posted:

On the T-34-100, is it ever worth using the APBC shells over APHE? The penetrations seem nigh-identical, is the explosive part any different?

It's an absolute blast either way, tanks are way more fun when you don't have to unlock poo poo.

Use the D round, most pen.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ALRIGHTY THEN I WILL LEARN TO LOVE THE D

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Tempest II

Arcade tooltip but this is funnier, god drat what the gently caress. It adds 370 HP in RB as well so it's loving huge there too.

v Yes I doubt it's adding an entire engine's worth of horsepower but compared to any of the other 150 octane tooltips it's just so giant and funny.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 2, 2015

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

fellas I have a feeling that the stat cards may not be entirely accurate. sorry if this offends. if this post is too offensive I will delete it.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Super-Hellcat: Yes or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
So the T-34-100 is worth the price? The tank looked nice and Russia is the tank tree I've progressed the least in so it would definitely help with catch-up.

• Locked thread