Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

FCKGW posted:

We just adopted a new dog. She's some kind of lab mix. Anyone wanna guess the other breeds?

She's two and about 38lbs.

Great Dane / Teacup Chihuahua mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

a life less posted:

Basenjis aren't exactly a popular breed, so I don't think it's terribly likely you have a basenji mix on your hands. Hard to tell though -- looks like a generic chi x browndog.

The vet suggested that he is a Dachshund / Jack Russel so I have no clue anymore

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
Any ideas on this guy? The rescue said he was part dachshund, but I don't know if I see it. He's 20 pounds.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Zifnab posted:

Any ideas on this guy? The rescue said he was part dachshund, but I don't know if I see it. He's 20 pounds.

Min pin x Heinz 57

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Zifnab posted:

Dachshund x Jack Russell Terrier?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

FCKGW posted:

We just adopted a new dog. She's some kind of lab mix. Anyone wanna guess the other breeds?

She's two and about 38lbs.

Tiny pit/tiny lab mix

Zifnab posted:

I'd believe min pin/ chihuahua

minarets
May 12, 2003

We're bringing Daphne home on the 24th. Shelter says Catahoula mix, she's about 11 pounds at 4-5 months. Any other thoughts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

minarets posted:

We're bringing Daphne home on the 24th. Shelter says Catahoula mix, she's about 11 pounds at 4-5 months. Any other thoughts?

A scent hound mix of some sort! Beagle maybe? Not really seeing Catahoula, but I know there's a wide range of appearances in the breed.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Yeah just looks like a beagle imo. Maybe a bit mixed, but mostly beagle.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
All I see is beagle. I have no idea where they're getting the catahoula idea from, usually catahoula mixes are spotty.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

minarets posted:

Walker coonhound beagle mix?

minarets
May 12, 2003

I can live with beagle! Her litter mates do have the spotty Catahoula coloring - it's just her and another male that are mostly brown.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The elusive Ebony Dingo! Awesome dog.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The elusive Ebony Dingo! Awesome dog.

Thanks, she's a good girl (when she wants to be).

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
This idiot is about 9 months old and I've been told she is about done growing.

Right now she's 45-50 pounds and is all legs. We did a DNA test on her and the only thing that came back was that she's half-weimaraner (which I see in the yellow eyes and a bit in the body shape) and the rest was some mysterious mix of terrier/toy/hound. Her fur is black and not silky smooth like a weimaraners, but it's a bit thin on her underside. Her ears and head are small, too.

I dunno, any thoughts?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It's awesome.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

This is a super kick rear end lookin dog!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

frenton posted:

This is a super kick rear end lookin dog!

Thank you!

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

This idiot is about 9 months old and I've been told she is about done growing.

Right now she's 45-50 pounds and is all legs. We did a DNA test on her and the only thing that came back was that she's half-weimaraner (which I see in the yellow eyes and a bit in the body shape) and the rest was some mysterious mix of terrier/toy/hound. Her fur is black and not silky smooth like a weimaraners, but it's a bit thin on her underside. Her ears and head are small, too.

I have the 30lb model of your dog, but his DNA test said amstaff/blue tick coonhound/corgi.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.

Here's mine. He's about 2 years old, 60 lbs, and my best guess is he's a Basset Hound/Aussie Shepherd mix of some sort

MissAndy
Feb 24, 2011

McSharpie posted:

Here's mine. He's about 2 years old, 60 lbs, and my best guess is he's a Basset Hound/Aussie Shepherd mix of some sort

He looks like he could be part St. Bernard to me.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Bananaquiter posted:

I have the 30lb model of your dog, but his DNA test said amstaff/blue tick coonhound/corgi.
Picture please!

Yeah I'm honestly a bit skeptical about all the DNA testing stuff since I've heard that people get different results if they try it with the same company more than once.

Here's Olive with her new backpack (sorry dumb instagram collage):

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

McSharpie posted:

My first though was saint bernard too but I am biased. Basset hound/??? mix for sure although I'm not sure I see aussie at all.

My saint bernard mix:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Picture please!

Yeah I'm honestly a bit skeptical about all the DNA testing stuff since I've heard that people get different results if they try it with the same company more than once.

Here's Olive with her new backpack (sorry dumb instagram collage):

I think Weim/little black terrier mix is a pretty safe bet. I definitely see weim.

If you want to learn a bit more about wisdom panel testing and how they determine the breed make-up this blog is really interesting. They tested their pariah dogs and then talks to the company about the results.

minema
May 31, 2011
This is Rufus, the shelter dog we are adopting this Saturday. He's a GSD mix, not sure what with but he is super fluffy and his ears are all floppy :3:

He is a very handsome boy

He loves water

And he gets on well with other dogs

Soon he'll be ours!!

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.

McSharpie posted:

My ex had a similar dog, he was awesome. I've posted him in the thread a couple times, I always assumed Basset/Golden mix with him. He had long hair but got shaved regularly, he would've looked even awesome-er with long hair!

RIP Scooter, I believe he passed away while having some back surgery done.

adamvanwildest
Jun 13, 2014
These are my two favorite mutts on the planet.
Honey is the one on the left, she's a 7 year old bighearted German Shepherd/Rottweiler/Lab mix who thinks she's a lap dog despite weighing 98 lbs.
The handsome man on the right is my boy Loki, the 2 year old fluffy shepherd/husky mix. He's the softest cuddle buddy that I could ask for, and so smart.
Love my fur babies!

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
My fluffball mutt is currently sulking as after giving himself a hot spot on his paw he popped his inflatable e collar last night and was rewarded with a normal cone earlier today.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Dog says hi

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

what the hell is this thing made of

help

edit: humane society said chi mix but she looks more like a terrier to me

Neitherman fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 26, 2015

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Neitherman posted:

what the hell is this thing made of

help

edit: humane society said chi mix but she looks more like a terrier to me

Zombie dog, destroy the brain.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

RandomBlue posted:

Zombie dog, destroy the brain.

but she just got all her vaccines

too little too late i suppose

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
I finally got a dog and she is the best dog who listens to me when we go on walks and doesn't even chase squirrels after I corrected her once and also spends her time napping on the couch if we aren't actively playing or out on a walk. She even already knew to sit away from the table and be quiet while me and my husband eat dinner.

Mia is the best.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

dogs are the best

Sulphuric Asshole
Apr 25, 2003
This is Nintendo. Adopting her has made my life better.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Here's a video of a dog I saw at a local shelter.
Sadly, he was already placed with a young couple.

My guess is beagle/lab mix with a good measure of german shepard thrown in for the color of his fur. He's about 5-6 months old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd1YOTdW_2s
(It's skipping to proper camera orientation at 0:26)

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

He's gonna be someone's super good boy for sure.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Maia loves halloween and hates yoga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fury
Jul 10, 2001
This is my dog she is a mutt who is probably mostly lab and other random dog parts (probably Plott Hound because rural Virginia and the vet thinks shepherd???), but she is a good dog even at ~15-16 weeks old

It's hard to see in these pictures but she's getting very brindle-y, almost like little golden tiger stripes :3: