Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mannie Fresh
Jul 2, 2006

Dishwasher posted:

Just had a Nakamura vs. Taz 5 star classic at WCW World War 3, for the ECW belt. Best wrestling game since FPR. Matches flow so goddamn well.

Seriously, the new limited reversal system was one of the best tweaks they've ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I was certain that they would render it easily broken / meaningless. They actually impressed me with this one, even with the little frustrating bits of jank and nonsense. Definitely the best of the games since I started playing them again.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Still haven't figured out if I can change colors of attires without using a CAW slot...I need more HBK attires and I only need to change the color and don't want 2 CAW slots used cause I want two extra colors.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

How can you be expected to have a five star match with ol' Four Star Roman???

Indie darling bonus + 1*

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Very happy that created arenas/rings do allow for high resolution logos. The classic Smackdown arena I have has a flawless looking ring apron texture; asside from over saturated hues and slightly off WWF logos on the turnbuckles it almost looks like a 'real' arena.

I downloaded a WCCW ring/Sportatorium and pleased to find the logos were good for that too. It's amazing how the arena totally transforms the feel and look of the game. Timeline is probably totally wrong, but I did classic ginger-hair-Taker v Stunning Steve. I'm also so glad they've given us an 80s nameplate/matchup screen which is very generic and passable for 70s/80s arenas/shows.

Nothing like trying to have an old style show with fuckin' stupid modern graphics. Next game they need a VHS filter and nostalgia matches will be complete.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

simosimo posted:

Very happy that created arenas/rings do allow for high resolution logos. The classic Smackdown arena I have has a flawless looking ring apron texture; asside from over saturated hues and slightly off WWF logos on the turnbuckles it almost looks like a 'real' arena.

I downloaded a WCCW ring/Sportatorium and pleased to find the logos were good for that too. It's amazing how the arena totally transforms the feel and look of the game. Timeline is probably totally wrong, but I did classic ginger-hair-Taker v Stunning Steve. I'm also so glad they've given us an 80s nameplate/matchup screen which is very generic and passable for 70s/80s arenas/shows.

Nothing like trying to have an old style show with fuckin' stupid modern graphics. Next game they need a VHS filter and nostalgia matches will be complete.

2k14 had that. And on the PS3 they let you pick the filter.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Davros1 posted:

2k14 had that. And on the PS3 they let you pick the filter.

Oh yeah - I think this game still has the mud filter. But I mean an even more aggressive filter with blurring/artifacts. Maybe i should just play on a poo poo old telly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjsOZDjnJA

Would never happen but would be awesome :)

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

89 posted:

Still haven't figured out if I can change colors of attires without using a CAW slot...I need more HBK attires and I only need to change the color and don't want 2 CAW slots used cause I want two extra colors.
I honestly don't know what's going on with attires. I downloaded updated Cesaro / Zigs attires and when I specified them as being Alts (as opposed to CAWs), they disappeared from my list of downloads. Either it's a glitch or the game has separate storage for alternate attires. Which would be pretty cool!

Anyway, I've just started simming through the calendar for a few years til I get a new show concept and PPV schedule worked out. Vince could learn a thing or two from 2K16's AI. The WHC changed hands between Rollins and Brock for months and months til the Rumble, when Roman Reigns got it… and Rocky won the Rumble. They finally put Roman over proper at WM32 over his cousin. Of course the very next RAW I decided that THE DEMON KANE would cash in his MITB contract and win the title. It's too bad, maybe Mark Henry could've gotten it the fair way. He was the next #1 heel.

Taker chose Luke Harper as his WM32 victim and won handily. Elsewhere in this just world, the NXT championship finally dropped from the clutches of Hideo Itami into the rightful ownership of "Perfect 10" Tye Dillinger. Jordan & Gable are locked in an epic struggle with AJ Styles and Nakamura. The Ascension own the NXT tag straps again, Enzo and Cass have my custom show's belts locked down, and Summer Rae has been dominant in the women's division. Also the Prime Time Players are apparently unstoppable and have yet to see a day when they're not holding at least one championship. I like this universe.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Yeah, the filters were a great addition. nothing like the ECW arena with the 'Public Access TV at 4 AM' filter to add legitimacy to Taz t-bone suplexing the entire world.

2k17 is gonna be GOAT if they polish it and don't add retarded things. This is a great base to build on.

Edit: On arena chat, I love that, with no other federations getting games now, this series with community creations is more of a platform to represent other federations. If you want an official looking WCCW or ROH game, go build or download that poo poo. And that's cool.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 3, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So would you all say that the game is worth it on PS4? I'm on the fence.

Also will they be releasing the Terminator DLC afterwards or?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Senerio posted:

So would you all say that the game is worth it on PS4? I'm on the fence.

Also will they be releasing the Terminator DLC afterwards or?

I'm the jaded-but-buys-every-year fan and I would say YES.

In terms of actual wrestling matches (albeit WWE style) it is the best ever. Fantastic drama in both singles and multi man matches.

Classic legacy wrestlers and lovely sharp graphics. Perfect for enjoying the mortal kombatesque regulars like the Rock and Austin , and for creating your own custom wrestling game.

I think this is the first game that has allowed you to completely remove all traces of WWE in universe mode so like the last player said; you can make it any promotion's game if you like.

I personally dislike the pin/submission system but everything else is brilliant (for once!)

I think the only thing a new or returning smackdown fan MAY think is that matches are too slow and player input can be delayed. But on the other hand , animations have never looked so smooth. YMMV, but a definite get!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've only ever played two Wrestling games (except for getting Fire Pro and watching them) and they were WWE 13 and No Mercy, so I have no real background on how the games play.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Is there a way to just quit a rivalry, because Tyler Breeze ran in on me again and I've faced him so many times now that I can reverse his finisher every time without fail and it's not remotely fun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

duyarvish posted:

Is there a way to just quit a rivalry, because Tyler Breeze ran in on me again and I've faced him so many times now that I can reverse his finisher every time without fail and it's not remotely fun.

Welcome to the big leagues enjoy your stay.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Yeah the gameplay is so good this year. I had a match between Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus yesterday, expecting it to be a typical 5 minute bout. It went 15 minutes and involved multiple finishers being hit. The highlight was when Sheamus hit the brogue kick but was too fatigued to make the cover right away, allowing Dolph to make a dramatic kickout.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's still a lot of weirdness. Try putting a hood or a hat on Haku's giant hairdo and it'll start doing some insane stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

duyarvish posted:

Sounds like an accurate WWE feud.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

duyarvish posted:

It's mostly a function of how long between Takeovers there is. Main roster rivalries only seem to last the normal 4 week cycle.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
The long time between takeovers is the worst part. Someone really should have realized that the more you face one person the easier it gets and tried to make it so you can't do the same rivalry twice without you initiating it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

In the career mode you'll be interviewed by Renee ":shepface:" Young after the first run-in of a rivalry and she'll ask you directly about it, you'll get face and heel response options that cancel it. After that, no luck.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 3, 2015

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
I just wanna know why I'm the number one contender, in a feud with the champ Finn Balor, and the championship isn't on the line.

I want my shiny gold belt, dammit!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Needs More Jazz posted:

I just wanna know why I'm the number one contender, in a feud with the champ Finn Balor, and the championship isn't on the line.

I want my shiny gold belt, dammit!

Gotta save the title match for the special, bro!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Okay, so another question: If I get the game on PS4 would the Season Pass be worth it?

Melinoe
Jul 27, 2012

Why isn't it Froderick?
I like this game a lot but the lack of available explanation of game play mechanics is maddening (or I'm just a dope who can't find them)

Does frantically mashing buttons do anything to get you up faster when you're down or am I just wrecking the lifespan of my controllers for no reason? I feel like it does but I might just be seeing what I want to see.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

Okay, so another question: If I get the game on PS4 would the Season Pass be worth it?

Ehhhh, depends on if you really want the guys/gals that you'll get from it when they come out/can't be bothered unlocking poo poo. Now, bear in mind, basically all the current wrestlers are unlocked from day one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Senerio posted:

It was worth it for me, since the accelerator is bundled in.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Senerio posted:

The season pass gets you:

Accelerator
• Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);

Legends Pack
• Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;

2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
• Playable matches include:
o “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
o Rikishi vs. The Rock;
o Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
o Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes+
o Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
o The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
o The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);

New Moves Pack
• More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);

Future Stars Pack
• Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;

Only you can decide if that's worth 25 bucks

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sure am glad that Samoa Joe is in the future star pack, sure he's 36 and has been wrestling since December 1999 (thanks Wikipedia) but that kid is going places.

Also Diego and Fernando, whom dirtsheets believe have been sidelined until people have forgotten about them so they can be repackaged as something else.

The Divas champs of WWE and NXT? feh. Sasha Banks? More like no thanks.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

They haven't done the thing where they lock an exclusive character behind the season pass itself this time right? Doing that with Paige last year was so bad (and somehow led to her not being in the PC version at all). Personally I'd not buy season passes on principle, and the pay to unlock stuff early incentive is kinda disgusting but if you love those new moves/blake and murphy maaaybe consider it.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Universe Mode is sometimes frustratingly buggy, my CAW and all-female promotions always have an empty match or two that crashes the game if you accidentally try to start it, and I can't figure out why.

Also I just had a 4-way ladder match for the NXT Women's belt and after a hard won match with Alicia Fox the belt somehow mysteriously went to Summer who wasn't even in the match :pwn:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You can also just buy the Accelerator for $2 if you just want that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

projecthalaxy posted:

You can also just buy the Accelerator for $2 if you just want that.

If that's why you're considering the season pass it's a reasonable buy but man, putting content behind a wall of grinding and then offering to give it to if you pay money is kinda gross as a practice in retail games. $2 isn't much however, so as exploitative practices go it's a pretty mild one. Contrast to ubisoft's $50 in game currency packs for example

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I agree that it's gross but it's such standard practice now that I can't complain about it with this game. At least there's a huge amount of stuff to get (and time saved) for two bucks here, where for other games it's a whole lot less content.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The "accelerator" model of DLC has been going on literally as long as DLC's been a thing. I guess it could be seen as scummy but it's essentially a paid cheat code in an era where budgets and deadlines are so tight that it's not worth making cheat codes for your game unless you can get someone to pay for them.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I used a Game Shark to get all the unlockables in Virtual Pro 2 and No Mercy, so I'm not going to sweat 2 bucks, especially since I could unlock all that content just by playing the game for like a week.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has the grappling changed much since 2k14?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dumb question: can you not change hair lengths? I was looking for the option last night but couldn't find it. It used to be buried in the hair colour options.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Has the grappling changed much since 2k14?

They got rid of the head/arm/waistlock positions for light grapples, and there are more positional moves (opponent sitting up and kneeling). It does feel like it flows better.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dumb question: can you not change hair lengths? I was looking for the option last night but couldn't find it. It used to be buried in the hair colour options.

It doesn't look like it. The CAS feature still needs a lot of work. It runs really slowly, and you can't even preview the hair styles before assigning them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It doesn't look like it. The CAS feature still needs a lot of work. It runs really slowly, and you can't even preview the hair styles before assigning them.

That is booty as hell. The hair doesn't look nearly good enough for them to omit such a key feature.