Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
How does this game require anything beyond a GTX 970 and an i5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

The vault was designed to test if people with the same genes would act differently over multiple generations under the same circumstances, you are the MC but your generation is killed off when bandits/mercenaries hired by the institute break in looking for pure humans and destroy the reactor. They kidnap Shaun thinking he's perfect for their experiments only to find out, he and everyone else was a clone, and therefore useless. Shaun is raised by them, then he grows up and flees them, to found a slaver faction. He then develops a wasting disease all clones get after a few decades, you dont have it yet, since you wake later then him. But he thinks his clone parents DNA holds the cure to his sickness. At the end of the game, you can either kill him, and continue on, or let him kill you, so he can survive, you can then play on as him

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Bholder posted:

Again, because the complaints are asinine, easily ignored, similar to ones found in other games or just based on empty nostalgia.

This post is so gay it makes Joan Jett look straight.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

If you want to exclusively and incessantly complain because a game doesn't meet your subjective aesthetic preference don't be surprised if people ignore your "REAL CRITICISMS" and call you an autist.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

rap music posted:

If you want to exclusively and incessantly complain because a game doesn't meet your subjective aesthetic preference don't be surprised if people ignore your "REAL CRITICISMS" and call you an autist.

you cant objectively complain about any entertainment media unless its like a game thats literally too buggy to be played

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
I admit falling into the trap of being nostalgic for games that were made properly with people who cared about the final product. Guess I'm just an old man with old world values.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Why is anyone fretting over performance, it's literally Skyrim. It'll run as well as Skyrim did on your PC.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bholder posted:

Again, because the complaints are asinine, easily ignored, similar to ones found in other games or just based on empty nostalgia.

ppl like that guy also labor under the delusion that they're waging war on groupthink and preventing games from being an echo chamber, when in reality being relentlessly and obsessively critical about trivial nonsense is the most universal kind of posting

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
game looks great guys! dont trust these third party commies who are trying to bring the game and your hype down by tricking you with the build in optional n64 mode. don't trust em!

nice to know there will be actual rain and radstorms this time without waiting for modders.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Goons. Goons never change.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

ppl like that guy also labor under the delusion that they're waging war on groupthink and preventing games from being an echo chamber, when in reality being relentlessly and obsessively critical about trivial nonsense is the most universal kind of posting

bad posting is your most universal kind of posting

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

King Vidiot posted:

Why is anyone fretting over performance, it's literally Skyrim. It'll run as well as Skyrim did on your PC.

It's actually not Skyrim. It is Fallout 4.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zombies' Downfall posted:

It's funny to call graphics, AI, and engine performance trivial issues. It's also funny to see people jumping down my throat for such a bland comment.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The making of Fallout 4 - article from Gameinformer (I assume)

Also Bethesda are idiots:

quote:

The team even put a Python compiler into the interactive terminals, but decided to remove it
TODD! :argh:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lmao this thread is full of spergs and autists

:munch:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

game looks great guys! dont trust these third party commies who are trying to bring the game and your hype down by tricking you with the build in optional n64 mode. don't trust em!

nice to know there will be actual rain and radstorms this time without waiting for modders.

this literally looks worse than fallout 3!!!!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

All I see is literal poo poo
:goonsay:

Drythe fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 4, 2015

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

ymgve posted:

The making of Fallout 4 - article from Gameinformer (I assume)

It's probably still there in the code, and if not I'm sure you can knock one up in papyrus.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
With any luck, we'll have dialogue in Fallout 4 to rival this amazing Dragon Age 2 option.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

sector_corrector posted:

It's funny to call graphics, AI, and engine performance trivial issues. It's also funny to see people jumping down my throat for such a bland comment.

sector_corrector posted:

I'm glad that they're bringing back the gently caress-awesome memes that we all loved, but with a new, more epic catte twist. Classic Bethesda.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The environments actually CAN look nice here and there, but it's all ruined by gross human models and the worst animations in gaming.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

quote:

Because war....... war never changes.

Are you for real, Bethesda? THAT is your big conclusion?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Leinadi posted:

With any luck, we'll have dialogue in Fallout 4 to rival this amazing Dragon Age 2 option.

lol if you dont want to be a dragon. that was the only choice that dialog needed

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

What is your point? Games are inherently stupid and everything is awful? What a miserable way to live.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

sector_corrector posted:

It's almost like that same bland comment has been posted like 75000 times in this thread and has gotten to the point that it's really clogging the thread with noise of an opinion that has already been conveyed loud and clear to the point it's drowned out talking about any other subject for like 500 pages.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Those new shots look pretty sweet - I wonder if Bethesda really did take the extra time to scale things up for the PC and take advantage of hardware not available for the Bone or PS4.

The mansion gives me a real Lovecraftian vibe though, I really hope they left that overdone Cthulhu crap alone.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ymgve posted:

Ok, fair is fair, they are actual idiots for this one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leinadi posted:

Divinity 2 was a pretty good game.

quote:

HATE GRAPHICS

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

From reading this thread my main take away is that Fallout 4 is extremely good

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Harlock posted:

From reading this thread my main take away is that Fallout 4 is extremely good

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

It's you, you are the joke.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Farm Frenzy posted:

The vault was designed to test if people with the same genes would act differently over multiple generations under the same circumstances, you are the MC but your generation is killed off when bandits/mercenaries hired by the institute break in looking for pure humans and destroy the reactor. They kidnap Shaun thinking he's perfect for their experiments only to find out, he and everyone else was a clone, and therefore useless. Shaun is raised by them, then he grows up and flees them, to found a slaver faction. He then develops a wasting disease all clones get after a few decades, you dont have it yet, since you wake later then him. But he thinks his clone parents DNA holds the cure to his sickness. At the end of the game, you can either kill him, and continue on, or let him kill you, so he can survive, you can then play on as him

Fantastic.

Well done, bethesda.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
How bout using some spoiler tags if you're going to spoil the entire loving plot of the game in a paragraph, jerkass.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The game, you ask? Oh yes, the game is good.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

How bout using some spoiler tags if you're going to spoil the entire loving plot of the game in a paragraph, jerkass.
There's no way that's right, bethesda are much better writers than we give them credit for

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Unique, flavorful, immersive set decoration, truly worthy of Nexus User ~DeathSteve420~'s First Player House Mod (Beta)

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
no parent should lose their child

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I'm the monster in the background gnashing my teeth at these inferior "graphix"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004