Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Should find a way to snatch this guy's orb and throw it at the other one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

Should find a way to snatch this guy's orb and throw it at the other one.

What if everyone joined in and voted to eat the orb as it sucks in the power? It's like extended release medication so that we don't overdose on souls. Also, the souls of the dead can happily live inside us.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

FoxTerrier posted:

We shouldn't destroy the stone until we have absolutely no choice left. If we do, we have no idea where Big Bad's soul is going, or the souls of those he consumed.

We can't put either on an alter if they're gone, which sucks for both practical and humanitarian purposes.

If pulping him doesn't work, then we can talk.

Adding +pulp as quietly as possible to my vote

Diog can our men appear to hear the horrible sound too, or just us?
You don't know. The body is not yelling, the spectral image is.

Anyone want to count?

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
G Bitch slap a ghost.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
:siren:

Votecount is up; very clear lead for E.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
E

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

:siren:

Votecount is up; very clear lead for E.

You're a good person for counting. A real good person.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

E but starting with the heart/chest cavity

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Well, I suppose E will hopefully get the job done eventually. Just hope it doesn't end up like the demon in Amok's crypt, where we had three rounds of brute force not working before we finally gave up.

If he's still screaming his soul off after mashing his body for a bit, we really should think of trying an alternative. Break the orb, sacrifice then and there, bash our head against a wall, etc.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Tsyni posted:

You're a good person for counting. A real good person.

And the next vote...the next vote is gonna be a real good vote!

B
Looks like E is going to win though.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting is closed.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

You position yourself behind the demon, should it awaken you won't be in its field of view.  Your arrow will enter the back of its head and you hope, explode out the front.

You have four solid-bronze arrows in your hand and draw one back against your bowstring and wait a few moments, that your attacks occur in unison.  You are not going to miss at this range, you out extra power into your shot and pull back harder on the bow.

You release.

!!-THWAAAAP-!!

Your arrow SMASHES through the slumbering demon's face and EXPLODES out the front of it's face!

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

You see a smoky-silhouette of the demon, of its upper half rise from its body and hold its head with its vaporous claws, SCREAMING OUT IN AGONY!  Almost as if someone just exploded a good portion of its head while it was sleeping!  And its yell HURTS!  The silhouette is far more definite and dense than any smokey-form you have seen before, the details are hard and its features, firm.  It is not looking at you, yet.

Whether you are under attack or the power of its rage is at cause, your nose is bleeding and many different parts of you ARE IN A GREAT DEAL OF PAIN!  At the same moment you hear another scream JUST as terrible coming from someplace VERY nearby!  And someone else must be hearing it as well as in this very brief moment of times Snarls says to you.... WHAT HAPPENED!?!  Snarls either heard or felt it!  You don't have time to ask Snarls if he heard or felt it.

Only a brief sliver of time has passed and presumably with a demon screaming you into agony you want to act FAST!  Too fast to question Snarls or issue complicated orders to your Balls outside(besides "run!" or "charge!")

You grab your club as quickly as you can and SMASH it into the middle of the demon's ox body.  It does not bleed, but you feel tissue bruise and perhaps, bone broke?

The screaming, the thing is still screaming an ungodly screams and it HURTS!

The claws on the end of the things arms are already reaching for its mangled head, where you are bits of muscle and bone beginning to... to knit themselves back together, you smash your club into one of the arms and then into the head again for good measure!

!Kaaaaa-RAAAACK!

Fragments of skull fly off the head and blood and brains as well, the demon flails-

KAAAAASHAAAAAAL!

That was NOT you, but you sure as El felt it, in fact, it feels as if the building was just bombed!  The wall shakes!  It came from the direction of Uriah.  Every giant in Gebek probably heard that, if they did not hear the mighty blow of your own club!  You wind up with your club and land another MIGHTY blow on the demon's head, tearing free more bone and blood and brain even as its agonizing screaming has not stopped!  A claw tries to swipe at you but you easily dodge it and land a blow on its elbow for the trouble!

The giant demon's enormous sword lay on the dias beside you, you are going to break what's left of your club at this rate so you lift the enormous sword up and SLAM it as hard as you can into demons chest!  It flails on agony and you feel something CRUNCH but no blood.  The sword is considerably tougher than the other giant weapons.

Perhaps memories of the battle between Tudiya and Bareen come to mind, how long did it take Bareen to die?  At Tanaach did Eliahba and the demon he wrestled with not go through buildings and even fall from hundreds of feet from the air, yet keep fighting? It took Tudiya a week to kill a dragon? You took off most of the things head and that is surely a good start but how much punishment can it take!?!  And do you have enough time to finish the deed before angry giants burst in here to aid their demonic overlord?  Indeed it is only a moment until...

TOO-BIGS HURTING AND SCREAMING! PACK HURTS!  AAAAAAAGGHHHHHH! HURTS HURTS HURTS! PAIN!

Snarls and your Balls are a few hundred yards away... the building shakes again as if hit by a great force, you think, hope, that was probably Uriah who probably has quite a bit more raw strength than you at this point with much of your Well depleted.  Well, you hope its Uriah anyway and not the demon doing that, to him?  A scream as terrible as this one echoes from someplace very close by!

No word from Ithma, Nahari or Asahel.  They are still alive, you would know if they were not.  Have they been incapacitated by the screaming?  Could they be fighting still or helping Uriah?  With their reduced Presence thanks to the Laurels and the immense pain in your head from the screaming demon, you can't precisely locate where they are.  It is taking a considerable amount of your own stubborn willpower to not fall on the floor and scream in agony, your nose and ears are both bleeding.

1.  You....
A. Keep hitting it!

B.  Keep hitting it, but focus on the head!  Whats left of it anyway!  Destroy it utterly!  Decapitate it!  Something!  The heads gotta go!
C.  Shoot a bronze arrow as hard as you can at the demons heart!  Destroy the heart! When pulled back as hard as it can go, your bow probably provides the ability to apply the most force to the smallest area.
D.  Try to hack limbs off with the giant sword!

E.  Smash the stone in its necklace!

F.  Take its necklace and throw it down the hallway!

G.  Grab the smokey-figure and rend it with your hands!

H.  Attack the smokey figure with the sword!

I.  Shoot out the magical lights in the ceiling above it!

J.  Smash the altar!

K.  Something else!  Fill in!

L.  Plan Maxhush:

maxhush posted:

Grab necklace from corpse, throw into soul cloud to help kickstart the capture process since he doesn't want to go in there yet

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 4, 2015

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

E! Smash the Pielactery!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
A. Keep going. It bleeds. That's a good thing because that means it isn't an immortal Hollow like the one we found in Amalek. Keep beating it like we did with the Zviv and it has to die eventually.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

F

Throw that magical necklace far away!

Then I want to shoot the pretty lights, smash the altar, I dunno, smash everything until it stops screaming.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Alright, well that's okay, I was concerned attacking it would cause its spirit to notice us and focus on us, but it seems pretty messed up. Undoubtedly trying to heal though. So, 3 options: 1: Keep destroying it's head. A good choice, can't do much without a head. Still. 2: Shoot out the heart. Shouldn't take long, spreads the damage around, maybe it'll have a harder time trying to heal two major sources of damage than just one. We can then go back to the head if need be. 3: Do something with the necklace.

I was previously on board with destroying it, but honestly that was just for lack of a better plan: destroying it might do something, might release its soul to wherever it's supposed to go, but it seems more likely that it won't affect the thing either way. If it's holding on the same way we kind of can then it's not the necklace keeping it here, and we'll smash it, accomplish nothing, and still have to deal with the soul. We could throw it down the hall though, and I think that's maybe more promising. Might drag the thing's soul with it, or might possibly disrupt the soul of the other guy down the hall. It shouldn't take much time, and we can go back to bashing its head in afterwards if need be.

So F I guess, cause we've got nothing to lose in trying.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
E - can we please smash the thing now?

Saving souls by sacrifice is all well and dandy, but we need to survive this first. Stop loving around and smash the orb.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Zybourne Clock posted:

A. Keep going. It bleeds. That's a good thing because that means it isn't an immortal Hollow like the one we found in Amalek.

Que?

Diogines posted:

It does not bleed, but you feel tissue bruise and perhaps, bone broke?

you lift the enormous sword up and SLAM it as hard as you can into demons chest!  It flails on agony and you feel something CRUNCH but no blood.  

I guess blood does fly away though when we smash its stupid head all over the place.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Task Manager posted:

E - can we please smash the thing now?

Saving souls by sacrifice is all well and dandy, but we need to survive this first. Stop loving around and smash the orb.

E just like this

We don't have the power to destroy him with the club or sword or arrow and don't have the [???] to do it magically.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Theglavwen posted:

Que?

I guess blood does fly away though when we smash its stupid head all over the place.

The blow to its body, a terrible and savage blow, did not draw blood. The blow to the head sent blood, brain, bone and muscle flying.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
J

Couldn't hurt?

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Diog - does the vapor appear to be attached to any specific part of the body?

Similar to how our "soul" was anchored to our feet - do we see or sense that this thing's vapour is attached to anything specific?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Task Manager posted:

Diog - does the vapor appear to be attached to any specific part of the body?

Similar to how our "soul" was anchored to our feet - do we see or sense that this thing's vapour is attached to anything specific?

The humanoid torso, made of yellow is sticking out of the ox-back portion of it.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
E. Smash the stone in its necklace!

Same vote I voted before.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Diogines posted:

The humanoid torso, made of yellow is sticking out of the ox-back portion of it.

Well, if smashing the orb does nothing, we may want to try bisecting it? Maybe it's only anchored to the humanoid portion of it's body.

I dunno though. I have to think destroying the orb does something, but if not...we pretty much have to just try and beat him to the point he stops regenerating. Before reinforcements arrive.

Not looking good.

Edit: Sure wish we had a weapon that was designed to cause great harm to these things very quickly - I dunno like a flaming spear or something maybe idk

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 4, 2015

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
H

(wtf... is Bonzaii Buddy the new stupid newbie?)

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

K. Use the sword to cut the ox half off. Take the orb to the small alter and smash them both.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think E will be useless because the necklace is currently empty. We should probably sever the giant's connection to its body. Going to go with Rend it with our hands!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Task Manager posted:

Before reinforcements arrive.

Not looking good.

Isn't it? Betting the real dangerous reinforcement is dead per Nahari and co., and from what Snarls said it seems like the Too Bigs are suffering from this screaming in the same way we are. Betting they won't be in too much of a state to fight as long as this is going on either.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
C

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
C

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Theglavwen posted:

Isn't it? Betting the real dangerous reinforcement is dead per Nahari and co., and from what Snarls said it seems like the Too Bigs are suffering from this screaming in the same way we are. Betting they won't be in too much of a state to fight as long as this is going on either.

If they are indeed incapacitated by this then things aren't yet so dire - but if we're able to fight through it I have to think the silver mesh guys can too, at least. They're nothing to sneeze at, especially if they group up to mount an attack on the second floor.

If killing the demon oxes takes any extended amount of time, our chances of succeeding get smaller and smaller. I like the odds Nahari and Co. finished off the gold mesh guy quickly and can give us support - but I don't know how long they can hold out if the silver meshers do mount any sort of attack. Not to mention our other Balls, who would likely falter when faced with even a few silver guys.

I don't think we're in a failure state yet by any means - I just think things are not looking good overall, given that we seem to be locked into an extended battle with this demon for now. Have to hope Uriah finished his guy off quickly and comes to save us at this rate - or hope smashing the orb does anything to help.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
If we want to inflict maximum damage on its body we should fire an arrow straight into its throat and on into its body.

We'd get the heart, lungs, intestines and the spine. Given that we are firing depleted uranium arrows that can probably punch through a tank.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Also I don't think that will work. We need something else.

Phylacricy.. Don't destroy it but what if we throw his into his own ghost? Suck him back into it?

Or throw his at the one Uriah is fighting?

I also want us to destroy the lights for some reason.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Bareen didn't have a orb and she took days to kill still, we need to figure out some way to kill this thing more quickly.

I think C is the way to go.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
C

Don't destroy/throw away (and render less valuable due to not absorbing a demon soul) our sacraficial loot :colbert:

I feel like we should order the Balls to attack now.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Voting A. Smash it! Pulp it! Chop it!

+ K Snarls, signal balls to attack!

Enkidel reformed his body from nothing or nearly nothing. I am a bit worried how much this demon can regenerate. Maybe Uriah and Enkidel will just spend the next few hours smashing demon bodies into pulp.

In the mean time, our Balls should take advantage of the situation and attack! Sure, everyone is in pain (giants and Balls included), but the Balls are made of sterner stuff. I believe they can fight through this. Also, how much are the smaller giants going to feak out during their screaming when a bunch of warriors burst from the dark and attack them?

Diog, is the necklace stone doing anything? I don't think it is sucking in the demon's soul. Diog, are the altar or lights doi g anything?

Hmmmm... Don't see the point in destroying anything in this room or the necklace stone if the objects are not doing anything. May as well just focus on smashing this demon.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Yeah, I think this is just going to take a while :shrug:

Also voting: K: Tell Snarls to signal the attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010