Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You can kill gods, but do you have it in you to kill disco YHVH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Devil Survivor God is actually p okay compared to typical SMT God. He's not responsible for the Angels attacking the city, the Angels are doing that of their own will.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Are there any demons in SMT4 you can't Fundraise? I didn't expect it to let you mug the White or Lucifer.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Baal posted:

Devil Survivor God is actually p okay compared to typical SMT God. He's not responsible for the Angels attacking the city, the Angels are doing that of their own will.

I swear one of the angels said they don't act without gods command though?

I dunno guys god still seems like a pretty big rear end in a top hat as usual.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of those angels are full of poo poo and I'm p sure it's implied several times that god's hand in the whole incident is pretty non-existent. Hell, iirc the angel that possesses Amane does so in order to protect her and he dispels a lot of the things the angels say as crap.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

Most of those angels are full of poo poo and I'm p sure it's implied several times that god's hand in the whole incident is pretty non-existent.

Nah, God is involved. The entire Bel thing is basically how he got his power and he's hoping to use it to either prevent another Bel from rising or to make the new Bel his Messiah. That is why Naoya is trying to take advantage of it because you're the one guy who can reliably threaten God.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk, I remember it not being very heavy, but maybe I'm misremembering.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Vlad the Retailer posted:

Are there any demons in SMT4 you can't Fundraise? I didn't expect it to let you mug the White or Lucifer.

yeah you can do the non-recruit negotiation stuff to pretty much every enemy in the game as far as i know.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Baal posted:

Idk, I remember it not being very heavy, but maybe I'm misremembering.

They might have added in some stuff in Overclocked about God being a dick or in some other routes

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Most of it's implications, I think, rather than stated outright like ImpAtom's thing. I always interpreted it that way, but I know some people who liked the law route pre-overclock refused to view it like that--they kept things somewhat open on purpose so you didn't necessarily think you were getting used/chumped no matter the choice (but you totally were).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I thought Polaris from the end of Devil Survivor 2 was pretty chill. As long as you didn't confront him at the end explicitly for the purpose of murdering him, he was on board to basically give you whatever you wanted after one last test of your ability.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
polaris is kind of poorly written tbh.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
always kill polaris with the help of your friend al

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Even moreso than DeSu1 I'd say DeSu2 loves to be vague. I haven't bought record breaker yet, so maybe that changes things up, but in the original you had things like not!Kaworu's ending. Wherein he uses you to become god and then hot dicks you by sending you to a 0-tech planet with 1 other male and 2 females. Have fun with incestial repopulation! If you don't die from not knowing how to make fire, tools, hunt, etc. first. But it's so vague that I've seen people interpret it in a way kinder fashion and about all I can say is "well, technically, neither of our interpretations are 100% supported by what's vaguely given but...the game totally only shows you 1 male and 2 females out of the entire cast and all that's shown of the planet is wilderness"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Decus posted:

Even moreso than DeSu1 I'd say DeSu2 loves to be vague. I haven't bought record breaker yet, so maybe that changes things up, but in the original you had things like not!Kaworu's ending. Wherein he uses you to become god and then hot dicks you by sending you to a 0-tech planet with 1 other male and 2 females. Have fun with incestial repopulation! If you don't die from not knowing how to make fire, tools, hunt, etc. first. But it's so vague that I've seen people interpret it in a way kinder fashion and about all I can say is "well, technically, neither of our interpretations are 100% supported by what's vaguely given but...the game totally only shows you 1 male and 2 females out of the entire cast and all that's shown of the planet is wilderness"

Record Breaker explicitly deals with this and "oh poo poo, we wouldn't have technology" is something addressed in the new set of days.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
PSA: gently caress whoever thought Time To Make History at 190bpm was a good time. :suicide:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Time to hack the planet with my main man Atsuro. I actually only had the option of Atsuro, Yuzu and Naoya. Yuzu's an idiot and Naoya's a dick so I went with the hacking option.

I'll miss out on the 8th day routes but gently caress it I don't care and i'm not gonna replay the game for the other ones anytime soon.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Goat posted:

Time to hack the planet with my main man Atsuro. I actually only had the option of Atsuro, Yuzu and Naoya. Yuzu's an idiot and Naoya's a dick so I went with the hacking option.

I'll miss out on the 8th day routes but gently caress it I don't care and i'm not gonna replay the game for the other ones anytime soon.

Pretty much how I went about it. Did Amane's route first, though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can't wait to have Liam O'Brien hang with me whilst I kill God.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Is there voice acting in Nocturne, SMTIV, or Devil Summoner 2 (King Abaddon) or am in for numerous hours of silence?

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Pimp Drakula posted:

Is there voice acting in Nocturne, SMTIV, or Devil Summoner 2 (King Abaddon) or am in for numerous hours of silence?

Only SMTIV has voice acting. I'm personally fine with it, both Nocturne and Raidou 2 have atmospheres that might be thrown off by voice acting.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
SMTIV has voice acting.
Nocturne does not, IIRC.
No idea on DS2.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Raidou games are silent aside from battle cries/grunts.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Embrace the silence because it's way better than any voice acting could ever have been--it'd likely just ruin the music/atmosphere rather than enhance it. I can't imagine reading out loud most of those lines seriously, for real, but reading them internally with that music playing is fine.

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Raidou technically has a voice, it's just used in the Soul Hackers 3DS remake. English and Japanese.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like how Gouto sounds in Soul Hackers. His voice is super old and that's not what I pictured at all.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Record Breaker is 10 dollars off in the NA 3DS store this week.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PeaceDiner posted:

Raidou technically has a voice, it's just used in the Soul Hackers 3DS remake. English and Japanese.

Axel Stone Hidenori Chrom Daisuke Switch Yusuke Gintoki. :allears:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILOvAkmILV0&feature=youtu.be&t=1626

SMTIV FINAL footage from today's JP Direct.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Edit: Or I could post three minutes too late. Oh well.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9tl2MWtAM

Has this been linked before

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
arigato gozaimasu, minna

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Well look who decided to show up.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Well then. It'll be interesting to see how FINAL fits into the plot of the original. I'm still assuming that it'll be an alternate universe, but how they handle FINAL's Hero running into IV's along with the other Samurai will be interesting, since I half-expected them to take the "in this universe they all died in Naraku or something" route.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm expecting Flynn to be the villain with that kind of shot.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

an embittered Law/Chaos Flynn, punished by the gods of poorly designed game mechanics for being too neutral...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I found you... faker!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i think they said somewhere that isabeau will be in it too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I found you... faker!

Faker? I think you're the fake shujinko around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Inflammatory posted:

i think they said somewhere that isabeau will be in it too.

Yes because Final chronicles the events of the Neutral path supposedly.