Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
that benson dude is probably typing those reviews with his mind while suspended in a tank of nutritive soylent, like one of those worm guys from the dune movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how in the newer Macbooks apple is finally getting away from their lovely custom adapter concept.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

this is actually a relevant concern because micro-USB cables are, typically, flaming loving garbage

whenever you buy one it's basically a crap-shoot whether or not it will actually charge a device at 2.1 amps and most of the time I've lost the shoot; between that and the wall units the cables plug into it's more or less impossible to attain that, which necessitates you buying a set which will do so from the original manufacturer of the device

and honestly, if I wanted to buy manufacturer branded cables to charge my tablet or smartphone I would have just gotten a loving iPhone and iPad

basically, gently caress micro-USB

bollig posted:

For me it's not so much the cables that go out, it's the plugger inner thing. Whatever that's calle.d

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm glad this exists, thanks OP

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Well bless his heart. This actually is useful for me as well.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i bought some cheap microusb cables on amazon one time and none of them worked- not to charge, not to power a raspberry pi. they might as well have just been plugs with no wire between them. Zero out of 3 in the pack were useful of anything and i returned them

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

this is actually pretty useful but super weird

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Just buy the AmazonBasics version of whatever cord or charger you need. They aren't the cheapest thing on Amazon but in my experience they always work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Germstore posted:

Just buy the AmazonBasics version of whatever cord or charger you need. They aren't the cheapest thing on Amazon but in my experience they always work.

this, but monoprice, for all your high quality cheap cabling needs

just don't buy monoprice stuff on amazon, buy it from monoprice.com. Monoprice sells their cables on amazon but a cable that's $6 at monoprice.com will usually do the "$30 on sale for $20!!!" thing on amazon

• Locked thread