Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If you have a problem with this you should have had it near the beginning or when they got to the hilariously dumb end of episode 3/first half of part 4.

You have the power to rewind time and retain your memories, you're basically god. Nothing matters, what happens only happens because you let it.

That's the bit with Car Accident!Chloe, right? Because I didn't think that was this bad, since Max reasonably needs to take a little time to figure out what's what in that timeline before deciding that poo poo's too hosed to deal with and that she does want to abandon that timeline.This is different because Max just actively went "nah, gently caress this poo poo, I'm rewinding" but is still wasting time saving people who we can only assume will get rewound with her while a tornado is bearing down on her only escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Just watched the latest LiS. Wow, David is really loving bad at his job and I can't tell how much of that's supposed to be intentional. His attempt to kick the table was actively hilarious.

Also, I don't really get why Max feels like she needs to save anyone when she's already decided that she's running this timeline back. Feels like padding.

A lot of the game feels like padding when you have these multiple drawn out timelines that end up being undone, since (surprise!) loving with time is kind of hazardous. I guess it kind of has to play out that way in a game all about time powers, but I've found myself wondering "what was the point of that?" multiple times in the LP.

And yes the thing with David was weirdly specific but also great when Matt and Liam got all hyped up for the fight, then David just gets shot dead point blank.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You have the power to rewind time and retain your memories, you're basically god. Nothing matters, what happens only happens because you let it.

But dude, in exchange you get nosebleed! As someone who often got nosebleed in childhood, that would totally bum me out. Even if I was a god.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sound the Liam alarm, they added a Neptunia mod for Civ V

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Imagine how dumb you'd feel if you missed the chance to save a bunch of people with minor rewinds because you thought you were going to do one big rewind, only to find out that whoops, Warren lost the photo.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Can somebody make a gif of the chair kick? The whole sequence was probably the highlight of Episode 5 so far.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Sound the Liam alarm, they added a Neptunia mod for Civ V
Terrifying.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

PiedPiper posted:

But dude, in exchange you get nosebleed! As someone who often got nosebleed in childhood, that would totally bum me out. Even if I was a god.

yeah you're right man there's nothing near your nose that's important, just your brain, im sure bleeding there is fine

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Bee posted:

Can somebody make a gif of the chair kick? The whole sequence was probably the highlight of Episode 5 so far.

It was, but I also like how the guy whose sole character trait is "IMMA WAR VET:911:" has no loving idea how to clear a room and gets blindsided and knocked the gently caress out by a creepy photographer. Again, I honestly can't tell how much of that is intentional.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wasn't he discharged and rejected by the police, which is why he ended up a security guard in the first place?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, David's not very good at the uh... Saving people thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You have to be really hosed up to not get a police job after your time in the military. Police loves hiring former military guys, basically put them on the highest priority for new hires.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you can't tell by now a lot of the last episode is marred by not having any idea of where to go. They resolve the Jefferson poo poo so quickly that you're left wondering "Okay what now?" and then the game throws this cavalcade of horseshit at you with the Tornado still happening and Chloe madness. It drags on forever and is one of the most unsatisfying conclusions to a time travel story I've seen in a while. It also has a really lovely sequence coming up that has no purpose other than to constantly throw the point of the series at your face constantly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

It was, but I also like how the guy whose sole character trait is "IMMA WAR VET:911:" has no loving idea how to clear a room and gets blindsided and knocked the gently caress out by a creepy photographer. Again, I honestly can't tell how much of that is intentional.

He was a veteran of the console wars.

Realistically, I bet he's one of those veterans who didn't do poo poo in terms of actual combat, but plays up his service a ton.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is a fighting game with poo poo like Sword Art Online characters and the fuckin' girl from the I Can't Believe My Little Sister Is This Cute show as playable characters in it?

What.

edit: oh, Dengeki Bunko is a light novel publisher, so this is like their version of a Shonen Jump mashup game, makes a lot more sense.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

The Bee posted:

You mean the table kick that was so good Liam replayed it? I don't remember a chair kick.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Man, the way Pat describes Sword Art Online makes it sound like the greatest parody of Shounen tropes I've ever heard of. I kinda wanna watch now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

Man, the way Pat describes Sword Art Online makes it sound like the greatest parody of Shounen tropes I've ever heard of. I kinda wanna watch now.

There are people that love and care about you.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Kimmalah posted:

You mean the table kick that was so good Liam replayed it? I don't remember a chair kick.

That's the one I'm thinking of, yeah. It was amazing.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Sword Art is kinda neat then almost immediately disappointing for several episodes then a little sweet/heartwarming then bad, then really bad, then gently caress, then season 2 happens and it's kind of junk until Kirito disappears at which point it's legitimately really strong somehow. But that's only the last 4-6 episodes or whatever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Sword Art is kinda neat then almost immediately disappointing for several episodes then a little sweet/heartwarming then bad, then really bad, then gently caress, then season 2 happens and it's kind of junk until Kirito disappears at which point it's legitimately really strong somehow. But that's only the last 4-6 episodes or whatever.

Are you sure it wasn't just the Stockholm syndrome kicking in during the last episodes?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Unintentional parody, mind.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Andrast posted:

Are you sure it wasn't just the Stockholm syndrome kicking in during the last episodes?

No, I'm not like Pat and Liam. I have zero affinity for MMOs or the "trapped in an MMO" story trope, I only watched it out of mild curiosity when season 1 was airing on toonami and kept going to see how many train cars they could pile on top of each other. The last arc of SAO2 is actually shockingly well done, which I kept hearing from people who knew the source material. I didn't believe them until it actually got in motion and I was astounded at how much better it was than every other part of the story before it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Isn't Sword Art Online that one that has the line "two years' worth of semen made a glopping noise" or something in one chapter? If so, please don't recommend it to people as anything other than a comedy, thanks.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
That sounds like the perfect F Plus document.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I googled the line I just posted because I was wondering if whoever told me that was bullshitting and nope that line and many like it are totally in an officially written section of sword art online. And to think I wonder why anime sometimes is given a bad name.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 7, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
two years of semen made a glopping noise is a perfectly good line in any medium

h
t
h

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Undertale part 9 is popping up in my recommendations even though it's private

Thanks Youtube

Thoutube

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Huh? Wasn't it uploaded two days ago as part of the normal (drunk) schedule?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1TZw38XmU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ahahahaha Liam, you throw dark in today's LIS

"I hope we can make Joyce and Frank so suicidal that they blow up the diner with Warren inside of it"

Dang, son, dang

edit: the ending to that episode was AMAZING

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 7, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have to say, time travelling social media Dahaka is a compelling concept.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

HGH posted:

Huh? Wasn't it uploaded two days ago as part of the normal (drunk) schedule?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1TZw38XmU

Youtube is a site that is frequently busted.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Warrens suicide murder line made me laugh my rear end off, but drat Liam is just messing with his own memories super hard at this point.
Warren is apparently
-A murderer
-A pimp
-A drughead
-Anti-Hot Dog Man

Getting into ending talk:
I knew they were going to become mass murderers due to the podcast but it's just now sinking in that they're going to do it just because of Warren. and Liam's huge hateboner.

Which I still find it comical people think they deserve a happy ending after making the wrong choice. I mean it's not like nature is going to give up, and you literally just killed Chloe's entire family and everyone else in the bay who ACTUALLY did nothing wrong.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Well wait, lets work this out.

Warren Pros

- Throws himself in harms way to let Chloe and Max get away at the beginning.
- Beats the poo poo out of Nathan Prescott.

Warren Cons

- Is clingy
- has a locker full of creepy pictures and a doll in someone's madeup dreamscape version of him.

Liam Pros

- Plays a mean game of Metroid Fusion.

Liam Cons

- Argues for more scantily clad 13 year olds in Bravely Default.
- Thinks Ultra Despair Girls is ok.

Hrrrrrrm, I don't know. Looks like Warren still has Liam beat in the 'decent person' list.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Don't forget unironically puts Criminal Girls above actually decent games because "it's honest"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Liam usually on-point except when it comes to creepy animes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Liam was amazing at that castlevania lp and not including that in the list truly is ultra despair in your argument