Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Traditionally its the lungs actually!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Yes, and Enkidel is an experimenter who doesn't fully trust tradition.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
F

The immediate situation is under control, but Uriah's is not.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe it'd be worth....tugging the soul out of the corpse?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Yeah changing from A to F. Lets make sure our bro's are ok

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
How far down the hall is the room with the orbs?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

TheCog posted:

You're going to feel silly if he manages to regenerate his body. Just make sure he's dead before doing anything.

Counterpoint: You're going to feel silly if this guy punches Uriah through a wall while we dilly-dally over a non-regenerating dude that had his head bashed

well, actually...

Diog, exactly what state is the demon dude's head/skull/brain matter in now?

Amazed
Dec 29, 2009
F

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

F this demon! It's done, and if it's NOT done I don't want to stick around. Uriah needs help. Once we take HIS demon out, the ungodly screaming over our mindlink will stop, and our Balls can get their smite on.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Considering we can consume supernatural things, the most straightforward option would be to use our natural talents: Bite the spirit-form at it's base of contact to the physical monster, yank the spirit away with our teeth, then inhale it while simultaneously cramming the necklace into our mouth. Whether or not we swallow will likely be the follow-up vote.

Voting F.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
F

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

How about grabbing a large chunk of its exposed brains and taking that with us?

Seems feasible, though I am not sure I see what your getting at?

Tsyni posted:

Which orbs?

FoxTerrier posted:

Counterpoint: You're going to feel silly if this guy punches Uriah through a wall while we dilly-dally over a non-regenerating dude that had his head bashed

well, actually...

Diog, exactly what state is the demon dude's head/skull/brain matter in now?
It brain has been pulverized but a good chunk of it regrew. Actually that describes its head on balance.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

F

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Diogines posted:

Which orbs?

Sorry, the empty soul stones which we grabbed a bunch of and left some.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
f

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
C

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
F, but fly down the halls if it gets us moving faster.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
F. Go help Uriah out, he won't figure out the soul stone thing.

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
I was screaming "F, you fuckers! F! loving F" before I realized that F was/became an option. I am relieved and also terrified.

F

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Maybe yell to Uriah "switch up!"

As we do F

Diog, where is the orb we threw now? What is it doing? Can we pick it up again

Affi fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 7, 2015

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

Even having turned it's head into a pile of gore and even as you rain MIGHTY blows upon the demon with its own enormous sword, it still seems to be regenerating. It whails a GREAT and TERRIBLE cry of what is either pain or rage, very possibly both as you bleed out your ears and eyes. It took Tudiya hours to finish off Bareen and a week to kill a dragon, at Tanaach Eliahaba literally threw a demon through buildings and plummeted hundreds of feet through the air without either showing any apparent injury!

According to Snarls your Balls are probably incapacitated from pain, are you going to live long enough to finish off this demon!? Can you even finish it off? It is no Zviv but even with its head splayed open and cut into chunks it seems to be regenerating! You land another MIGHTY blow on its chest with the sword, you hear a CRUNCH but fail to pierce its hide.

You try to grab at its necklace, one of the demons flailing arms tries to grab you, it misses but does not fail on a backhand and with its ENORMOUS strength it sends you FLYING into one of the walls! You are back on your feet quickly and run at the demon again, its flesh-hands are clutched at its head, trying to hold the fragments of brain and shattered bone together and they are knitting together before your eyes... it drops one of its claws from its head to try to swipe at you, but you dodge under it! You grab the necklace from its neck and with a yank, pull it free and then throw it into the yellow-ish spectral image protruding from the demons back!

!!WHUUUUUMP!!
The ENTIRE demon falls to its side as it hit by an IMMENSE force, as if it was dragged in the direction of the necklace, which indeed it was? Its horrendous wail of fury and pain is surely one of agony now, the demons flesh-arms flail chaotically, all of its limbs do and the spectral-image begins to lose some of its cohesion as it roars and roars in pain as bits of it are pulled into the stone in the necklace! The demons exploded head, knitting itself back together only a moment ago has ceased to do so!

And you are still bleeding out of your ears and eyes and in rather a lot of pain but you are a ridiculously stubborn individual and keep fighting! You hear blow after blow ring out from somewhere nearby, it sounds like Uriah is still fighting!

Diogines posted:

Nothing happened until the necklace came in contact with the spectral-vaprous form rising from the demons back. Which Uriah can't see.

G. Something else! Fill in!
Wrap the necklace around your fist with the stone exposed, then punch the poo poo out of the yellow specter.

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Nov 7, 2015

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Cornuto posted:

G. Something else! Fill in!
Wrap the necklace around your fist with the stone exposed, then punch the poo poo out of the yellow specter.

Plan Punch-Out!!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
That could work.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
F oh my gods help a bro out

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
A thought occurs to me - what is the purpose of the gem as far as these ox-dudes are concerned? It seems that they, like ourselves (in the other timeline) aren't strictly bound to their bodies and can use their powers to repair themselves and even fight after taking fatal wounds. It also seems like this ox-guy doesn't WANT to be sucked into the gem right now and that in fact it hurts to get gemmed. So then - why carry them around? The best I can think of is that the gems act like cryogenic storage for souls running out of juice - if an ox-demon finds himself against something strong enough to drain his ??? and he starts to give into mindless hunger, he can jump into the gem to "freeze" himself and sustain himself on whatever stored souls are within until someone picks up his gem and gets him a proper meal. Anyone got any other explanations?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Um why are we wanting to stay and pulp the corpse and be worried about it regenerating when

Diogines posted:

Its horrendous wail of fury and pain is surely one of agony now, the demons flesh-arms flail chaotically, all of its limbs do and the spectral-image begins to lose some of its cohesion as it roars and roars in pain as bits of it are pulled into the stone in the necklace! The demons exploded head, knitting itself back together only a moment ago has ceased to do so!
and

Diogines posted:

F. This thing is going down, its only a matter of time, sounds like Uriah is still having trouble, to help Uriah and throw the necklace of the demon Uriah is fighting into the spectral-figure you assume is protruding from its back!

And not voting F so Uriah isn't soon fighting a fully reformed Demon?

(Voting F)

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
C seems like it'll do the most damage.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Affi posted:

Maybe yell to Uriah "switch up!"

As we do F

Oh good idea!

Switching from whatever I was saying to Affi's thing here. Run in to attack the soul of Uriah's beast, have him come over here and continue pummeling the sack of meat we've left behind.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
F with telling Uriah to swap out

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Swapping out might just plain not work. We don't know how Uriah is doing even..

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Yeah, but it's still a better plan to have in mind than just going over there. The only reason for not going over to help Uriah right now is the fear that this guy might still get up, but there's no reason we, with the much more valuable skill of soul fighting, need to be the one to stay here and keep bashing in the pulped up head. If we're going to go help Uriah, which seems to be the way it's going, we might as well intend that we send him over here to do the menial task we're currently undertaking.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
+1 Plan Ghost-boxing.
(Ie, strapping the necklace to our fist and start punching the ever-living out of the immortal spectre.)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I forget, do we have the bag of blank soul gems? If so Throw a handful of blank gems at the soul and do the same for Uriah's.

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010

Outrail posted:

I forget, do we have the bag of blank soul gems? If so Throw a handful of blank gems at the soul and do the same for Uriah's.

No we sacrificed those, diog even answered the question like two updates ago. That being said we only took half of them from the jar full of them.

Zahrkon fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 7, 2015

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Diogines posted:

Seems feasible, though I am not sure I see what your getting at?

Which orbs?

It brain has been pulverized but a good chunk of it regrew. Actually that describes its head on balance.

Ahh, I misunderstood then. I was under the impression that the brain was being "knitted" back together from what was already there. I guess if its just growing out of nothing there would be no point in stealing its brains or its head or anything. Unless maybe it would slow it down while we were helping out Uriah?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Aren't the rest of them in a storage closet right next to these rooms? Possibly on the way from one ox-demon room to the other?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Unvoting: Scream at Uriah
Still voting: Plan Ghostboxing

New write-in: Go collect the rest of the empty orbs from the supply closet and throw a handful at the demon Uriah is fighting and another handful at the one we are fighting.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Tsyni posted:

Tsyni posted:

Sorry, the empty soul stones which we grabbed a bunch of and left some.

Diogines posted:

You decide to take many of the sphere with you, but not all of them, you take about half. You can count them more thoroughly when you are not in a building filled with man eating giants. You took well over a hundred. Hiding your actions in the shrine and the shrine's supply closet as best you can, you return to the hallway. Somehow, somehow you manage to resist the temptation to take a giant broom with you, it was certainly tempting.
You can grab them and be back here in about 30 seconds. Its not all that far away.

maxhush posted:

Um why are we wanting to stay and pulp the corpse and be worried about it regenerating when

and

And not voting F so Uriah isn't soon fighting a fully reformed Demon?

(Voting F)

Diogines posted:

F. This thing is going down, its only a matter of time, sounds like Uriah is still having trouble, to help Uriah and throw the necklace of the demon Uriah is fighting into the spectral-figure you assume is protruding from its back!
I just wanted to point out, in response to your post, that the section of of F is not objective fact. It is your interpretation. A, B and C all draw conclusions also, like that destroying the brain, heart or damaging the body is important and then have actions based on those conclusions. That does not mean any of them are right, it means you think they are.

Affi posted:

It is on the floor. Small bits of the vaporous humanoid upper half of the demon are being sucked into it. You presumably could pick it up again.

Outrail posted:

No. You gave all the ones you had to El.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Unvoting: Scream at Uriah
Still voting: Plan Ghostboxing

New write-in: Go collect the rest of the empty orbs from the supply closet and throw a handful at the demon Uriah is fighting and another handful at the one we are fighting.

If this is something that can be done quickly it has my vote.