Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

D_Smart posted:

You guys are killing me here. So I'm supposed to ask for permission now to go have a chat with someone?

Do whatever your want. You're an adult and can make your own mistakes. Nothing is preventing you from associating with neonazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" :shrek:

You sit there chatting with a literal psycho and no way is any of that gonna rub on you, especially after having been accused of being GG by CIG.

:downsowned:

God drat it Derek hold it together man.

Oh yeah, because every politician that goes on Fox News, is a loving moron. Got it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

What is King Derek doing with this vox day character? I must have skipped a few pages, because I missed Derek's post and just started seeing people scold him. Given his ethnic heritage :smuggo:, I'm sure he wouldn't knowingly associate with a notorious racist.

Basically some sort of interview, but if anyone wants to 'participate' or actually see what's being said it seems you have to register on the Stormfront Vox Day website.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Oh yeah, because every politician that goes on Fox News, is a loving moron. Got it.

No politicians use Fox News to get their voice heard by a gigantic chunk of America.

This is not you going on Fox news this is a neonazi who's using you to get his beliefs out to sympathetic ears.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SeraphEightyFour posted:

My takeaway:

-spending $1000+ on a single vidyagame is normal and healthy

-this commenter is absolutely 100% full of poo poo about not being a backer. In all likelihood he's a Space Marshal or Wing Commander level Pledger.

Yes, it’s pure madness. The sad reality is that there are others like him who don’t know any better. It’s really easy to get caught up in this.

Here is the thing, how much value do most of us get out of buying and playing a $60 game? I don’t know about you, but I don’t believe that I’ve ever extracted $30K worth of value from any game.

Also, how often is he going to be playing this game? Those ships don’t even have their functionality in place yet. And when it is in place, then what? He’s going to have various ships, sitting in a hangar and useless to him.

Finally, it could be that this is just an investment. Pretty much like the Grey market. He probably hopes that one day Chris pulls this off and he is then able to at least get his money back and/or turn a profit. Which is where the gamble comes in. If the game doesn’t come out as expected, he’s screwed. If the game ships in a subpar form and which makes those ships largely useless, he’s screwed.

It just boggles the mind how “off” this whole thing is. Sure, we’re not one to tell people how to spend their money, but by the same token, that reasoning could apply to alcoholics, drug addicts etc. If you see something, say something.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D_Smart posted:

Not at all.

But every politican that went to talk to Stormfront would be. Do a headcount, as to how many have done so.

None that matter.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Moogle posted:

Blimey, posting a Star Citizen article on the internet is like switching on a bat signal. Only instead of a bat it's a circle with two small arms sticking out of it.

No. It's like putting out rat poison. Then hamsters show up.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the star citizen thread is like a vacuum for completely broken internet personalities.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
hitler was a pretty ok guy in my book
very forward thinking

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

So much drama. Most forget that he has been in the game dev industry for as long as it was actually called an "industry"

https://twitter.com/voxday/status/663050676398895104

hitler was a painter but im pretty sure nobody wanted to have a chat with him about art

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

D_Smart posted:

You guys are killing me here. So I'm supposed to ask for permission now to go have a chat with someone?

you're supposed to have a moral compass you moron. when somebody literally thinks that the taliban were justified in shooting malala in the head, you're supposed to think "hm maybe this person is a bit poo poo", you know, like a functioning human being would. the fact that you think this is some weird unreasonable demand is super troubling.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Romes128 posted:

hitler was a painter but im pretty sure nobody wanted to have a chat with him about art

Vox Day would.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chalks posted:

The Yahoo article is pretty balanced and reasonable, too. The Escapist article was pretty heavy handed and only really told one side of the story, but the Yahoo article basically says there are differing opinions and maybe it'll all work out OK in the end.

The fact that it makes SC backers so angry and upset that someone would dare to say that there are differing opinions on the game and it might not be a success is extremely telling. Their biggest fear right now seems to be the truth.

Yes, it's telling. Telling that they're loving morons.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Gotta hear both sides of the fence huh man

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Re: Vox Day, looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and also, there's some nice parallels with star citizen.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Robert_Beale

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

D_Smart posted:

Can we agree that Vox Day is, quite literally a neo-nazi?

Can we agree that you said, "I like & respect @voxday and have NO comment about his opinions on ANYTHING. I don't care"?

If so, can you maybe reflect on why liking and respecting a neo-nazi is a tad bit upsetting to others? Moreso that you''re suggesting you don't care that he is vocally outspoken about how happy he is at the suffering of thousands of people - men, women, and children - simply because they're not white?

Derek. Let's be real. You're a public figure. You've made yourself into that. That position means that your time and association have a value and a merit. This isn't a panel interview for some youtube podcast - you're basically saying "this guy thinks hitler had it right and honestly that doesn't bother me, I'm happy to chit-chat with him about banalities!"

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Jews sort of asked to be put in that position if you ask me. If they stood up for themselves or didn't tease the nazis with their short skirts, it wouldn't have happened.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Romes128 posted:

drat straight. His art was pretty mediocre, and many theorize that's why he threw a hissy fit over it and became a Nazi.

Wow, I think I'm starting to see the parallel here with Vox Day and his game developer skeelz!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

KiddieGrinder posted:

Jews sort of asked to be put in that position if you ask me. If they stood up for themselves or didn't tease the nazis with their short skirts, it wouldn't have happened.

this but ironically

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

From my view point, they are. But then again, I'm not an American and have a dim view on all American politicians equally, so

I have no idea who that "Vox Day"-guy is, but he makes me wish I had money to give Christ Roberts, just to spite him. Or never mind, that's stupid. Are there well-known feminist organisations who accept donations?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Derek talk to vox day. Tears are tears no matter where they come from.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

botany posted:

you're supposed to have a moral compass you moron. when somebody literally thinks that the taliban were justified in shooting malala in the head, you're supposed to think "hm maybe this person is a bit poo poo", you know, like a functioning human being would. the fact that you think this is some weird unreasonable demand is super troubling.

I'm sure you'll get over it, somehow.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tace Vim posted:

quote:

Holy cow, does this author not know that the next major expansion of SC is actually going to include part of the persistent universe, AHEAD of schedule? This game is not behind schedule at all, only STAR MARINE is behind, but that is one component of a much larger whole. The game has been cooking along for quite some time, and unifying all these parts is a whole ball of wax on it's own. The game has been making steady progress, the kicker here is nothing has been rushed, this is WHY it's taking forever, however in this instant gratification based world of ours, we have been dealt crap from other publishers and developers and just thought to ourselves this is the way games are now.

ahahahahahah!! :negative:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Derek you are being really dense right now.

You do know that actual, open racism and sexism is maybe just a bit worse than Fox News so its not really comparable, right?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Libluini posted:

I have no idea who that "Vox Day"-guy is, but he makes me wish I had money to give Christ Roberts, just to spite him. Or never mind, that's stupid. Are there well-known feminist organisations who accept donations?

I'm sure there's quite a few. Just be sure you back the ones doing poo poo that actually matters, like counseling and helping women in africa recover from rape ect., and not your tumbrina with an IndieGoGo if you actually want it to go to some good use.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2573

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lodin posted:

While Vox Day are loving gobshites I see no problem with Derek talking to them about SC. Obvioulsy the Shitizens are once again going to claim this makes him a GGer but I refuse to belive that he shares any of their beliefs beyond SC being bullshit and that there are huge problems within games journalism and the games industry as a whole.

It doesn't matter what he believes, you can't have tea and biscuits with a literal nazi and politely discuss the weather while ignoring the elephant in the room. That is a statement in itself.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

lol :cripes: he's an anti-vaxxer too because of course

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Minnesota's two biggest imports 'rape culture' and 'what the gently caress is there to do in minnesota'

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

Minnesota's two biggest imports 'rape culture' and 'what the gently caress is there to do in minnesota'

dude whers your elephant???!??!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did someone really buy me an avatar with such a lovely burn

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I really should read the SAclopedia a bit more, whenever I'm bored.

Eonwe posted:

I wonder if mods feel like pointing out the unnamed hero that did so, lol. I'm pretty sure they'd smoke out a neo-nazi darn quick...unless of course this is Seraph being his old self.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

i wouldnt say ALL though, thats just generalizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like all my posts are about how bad racism is, why wouldn't you make it about how I was such a caretard about Vox or something at least

• Locked thread