Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Knocked Up, actually. I didn't pick the name, so I didn't even put the reference together until Matt mentioned it. Which is embarrassing because I love that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Hah, came here to post this. They're all amazing. I've been listening to them all day at work and I'm in a weird place right now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Sunn album in a month. So hyped

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Re: Thy Catafalque chat
I can't stop listening to this album. It's sooo right. At first I was put off by the sound of it like I had mentioned previously. It was kind of like this: LOL listen to this cheesey stuff, heh this next part is going to suck :smug:...uhh :stare: ....oh but here we go this next part is really going to sound lame and suck just lis....uhhh :stare:

Every time I shuffle onto one of their tracks I have this same experience (albeit the WTF part is super short now that I recognize it)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nelson Mandela posted:

Hah, came here to post this. They're all amazing. I've been listening to them all day at work and I'm in a weird place right now.

I seriously want these on vinyl.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I think the Chipmunks have finally made me appreciate clean vocal doom.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

This is cool, I tried to get into the earlier stuff uh...earlier, but this might have made it click.

Here's track four, "Ornia": http://www.stereogum.com/1841812/mammatus-ornia-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
This is a few months off, but for Boston-area goons, this is gonna be a good one and you should go.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=6321695&REFERRAL_ID=twfb&pl=mideastnew

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Anyone else going to Yob at the Bell House tonight?

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It's that time when all the gigs come thick and fast, and I love it.

Next week is High on Fire + Black Tusk + Bask, then Kadavar the day after
The following week is Uncle Acid
Then the week after that is Clutch (or with Crippled Black Phoenix, haven't decided) then Chelsea Wolfe.

On top of that I'm really looking forward to the Dragged Into Sunlight & Gnaw Their Tongues collab album and the new Sunn O))) LP. Gonna be a bleak loving winter.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Live music is cool I agree

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I haven't been to a show in 7 years.

Anyway, Kylesa put out their first video for the album and while the video and the music itself are cool, the dude's vocals are so loving bad. They were always the weak point of the band but used to be somewhat tolerable.

I really think it's holding the band back from new listeners at this point.

:siren: NSFW most likely :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si1jHQbU8r0

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Idioteque Dance posted:

It's that time when all the gigs come thick and fast, and I love it.

Next week is High on Fire + Black Tusk + Bask, then Kadavar the day after
The following week is Uncle Acid
Then the week after that is Clutch (or with Crippled Black Phoenix, haven't decided) then Chelsea Wolfe.

On top of that I'm really looking forward to the Dragged Into Sunlight & Gnaw Their Tongues collab album and the new Sunn O))) LP. Gonna be a bleak loving winter.

That's a nice schedule.

Coming up for me, there's Unearthly Trance/Buried At Sea and Corrosion Of Conformity/Brant Bjork back to back, then Kylesa, Bell Witch, Graveyard/Earthless, and finally YOB/Bison on New Year's Eve. Heady times, man!

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

If you have the opportunity to go see Yob on this tour and you don't go, you're a dummy. Holy gently caress.

Just saw them play all of The Unreal Never Lived and then close with Marrow. Absolutely incredible.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Oklahoma is a doom wasteland :( We have a couple of good local acts but nobody ever comes here

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Chromatic posted:

I haven't been to a show in 7 years.

Anyway, Kylesa put out their first video for the album and while the video and the music itself are cool, the dude's vocals are so loving bad. They were always the weak point of the band but used to be somewhat tolerable.

I really think it's holding the band back from new listeners at this point.

:siren: NSFW most likely :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si1jHQbU8r0

Haha yeah. When I saw them live he just did not seem into it at all, he perked up for Hollow Severer and then just kinda meandered around the stage with his head down. He pulled his cord from his guitar like three times by stepping on it. Still love the band and it was still a great show.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

The rear end Stooge posted:

Oklahoma is a doom wasteland :( We have a couple of good local acts but nobody ever comes here

Not really all that doomy, but Baroness is playing OKC in December, but yeah, it sucks.

EDIT: The Sword, also.

OpaqueEcho fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 6, 2015

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Bongzilla is playing a few Midwest dates

nerve fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 6, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
timg that poo poo, dude. Also what the gently caress is the Chop Shop?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Henchman of Santa posted:

timg that poo poo, dude. Also what the gently caress is the Chop Shop?

My b, couldn't tell on mobile.

Literally never in my life heard of the Chop Shop

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently it's right at that six corners in Wicker Park with Subterranean and the Double Door. I probably won't make it on a Wednesday but it's about time I actually listened to Amerijuanican.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Just got tickets to see Sunn at the Big Ears Festival in Knoxville this April. It will be my first time.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

guys

I just saw Yob play Clearing The Path To Ascend in entirety

Holy gently caress

I think I can die happy

Take me lord, I'm ready

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Varg posted:

guys

Holy gently caress

I think I can die happy

Take me lord, I'm ready

Yob is the best.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In doom-y news, Disemballerina released a new album today. Get your chamber doom on.

edit: it's $6.66! :getin:

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals

Varg posted:

guys

Holy gently caress

I think I can die happy

Take me lord, I'm ready

Hah, it's awesome when people get back from a Yob show! It's almost invariably some version of "Holy gently caress my life is complete". I had the same reaction the first time I saw them, and besides Godspeed at a church no show has come anywhere near Yob's. In fact, since then I've been a lot more lax about making shows, cos I'm pretty sure the only thing that would top Yob is, uhhh, more Yob.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was surprised that Bell Witch's Four Phantoms was still available on the 400 copy limited burnt orange vinyl. Didn't that come out early this year? I guess I thought they were better known because I feel like I see lots of praise for them.

Glad to finally catch on to them and have a show coming this tuesday!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Snowy posted:

I was surprised that Bell Witch's Four Phantoms was still available on the 400 copy limited burnt orange vinyl. Didn't that come out early this year?

The vinyl just came out a few weeks ago.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

The vinyl just came out a few weeks ago.

Oh haha duh :downs: now I'm bummed I didn't get the gold

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Saw both of Yob's NYC shows and they're just amazing. I saw them earlier this year on the Enslaved tour, and while that was great (they were the highlight of the show for me), to see them in more intimate venues than that show was in just made it more incredible. I got to be up at the front both times, first night by Aaron, second show by Mike. Really, this past weekend was perfect. Wizard Rifle and Black Cobra are great, too. Check them out if you haven't. Didn't get to see Kings Destroy on Saturday night, unfortunately. But, Yob is the reason for the season, so if you have the chance to see them, you better take it. And to reiterate, bring earplugs!

Also, in non-Yob music, I finally got a chance to listen to the entirety of the new Dead to a Dying World album on the ride down to NYC (and back up again), and I think it's great. I liked the first one, but it was kinda samey throughout. I think they did a really good job on this album of making the songs more varied, and overall it's just way above the first release.
https://deadtoadyingworld.bandcamp.com/album/litany

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Man, speaking of Yob - I've been trying to track down a Yob patch and I can't find them anywhere. Guess I might have to grab a t-shirt and see about making a patch out of the graphic.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

Man, speaking of Yob - I've been trying to track down a Yob patch and I can't find them anywhere. Guess I might have to grab a t-shirt and see about making a patch out of the graphic.

Maybe I suck at Google, but it took me forever to find a YOB t-shirt. I finally saw they had one on the Relapse store back in July, so I bought that.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Polegrinder posted:

Maybe I suck at Google, but it took me forever to find a YOB t-shirt. I finally saw they had one on the Relapse store back in July, so I bought that.

Holy Mountain Printing have a few new shirt designs that are also available on this tour.

http://holymountainprinting.bigcartel.com

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Neurot had a shirt they were shipping in a bundle with the Clearing the Path to Ascend. https://neurotrecordings.merchtable.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=yob

Also there's a VHOL shirt out now too: https://www.profoundlorerecords.com/products-page/apparel/vhol-deeper-than-sky-t-shirt-two-sided/

edit: In the past Yob has sold shirts just by posting on Facebook that they have shirts.

Hopefully I'm Yobbing tomorrow night in Asheville if my body will allow. I was just introduced to sciatic nerve pain a few weeks ago and things have been pretty painful super awesome!

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 9, 2015

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Holy Mountain Printing have a few new shirt designs that are also available on this tour.

http://holymountainprinting.bigcartel.com

Welp there goes my money! So many great shirts

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yeah, I was hoping they'd have a patch at the show, but no luck. It's kinda turning into a white whale for me.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Whos the guy in the middle?

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Dyna Soar posted:

Whos the guy in the middle?

That's Tool's Adam Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Haha I just noticed that's Mike Patton in the front. Nice.