Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I'm so, so sorry.

It's okay, I played Fallout 3 and Skyrim, I know it is a total pipe dream

I can dream, dammit :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Seashell Salesman posted:

Holy poo poo I thought people were kidding when they said Codsworth can pronounce the name 'fuckface'. Now I'm really torn about what to call my character.

Wait, really?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Seashell Salesman posted:

Holy poo poo I thought people were kidding when they said Codsworth can pronounce the name 'fuckface'. Now I'm really torn about what to call my character.

I want to believe

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does the name pronunciation ever appear except that one time when interacting with Codsworth?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah, he says "Fuckface". Another epic goddamn win Bethesda touch

sector_corrector posted:

Does the name pronunciation ever appear except that one time when interacting with Codsworth?

the guy streaming said it's only Codsworth

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Mokinokaro posted:

This actually seems to be a bug. If you just holster by holding the reload key it does show up, but using the quick-select makes weapons vanish from your back.

Oh, nice. Gonna flag a bunch of guns as favorites and trundle around bristling with guns :v:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

jesus christ this stream dialogue

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Vargs posted:

jesus christ this stream dialogue

FAGS AND BLACKS HAHAHAHAHAHA

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I can't believe they actually put a loving mystical old bag lady in this game

I'd guess she's supposed to be a psyker but how would Bethesda even know about those since no one on their team played 1 or 2

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Elderbean posted:

FAGS AND BLACKS HAHAHAHAHAHA

I meant the in-game writing, which is only very slightly better than the chat

Vargs fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 8, 2015

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Theoretically you only have time and resources to program a certain number of names into the recognition engine. I wonder what got cut. Are you not allowed to be named Michael anymore because they had to make room for a robot to call you slapnuts?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

please confirm "jizzhead" and "cumbucket" tyia

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
can i get codsworth to call me gaydolf shitler

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Dogmeat is Boston Strong.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Shugojin posted:

I for one look forward to most of the perks literally not working until you install unofficial patches

To be fair, the damage resistance perks are traps.

Unlike Fallout 3, the hard limit on resistances is 1000 rather than 100, so 50 Damage Resistance in Fallout 4 translates to 5% mitigation.
My advice is to focus offense.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I hope I can give my guy some German name, and have Codsworth call me that in a different accent than everything else he says. I'd really like a spoken names list, though.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Merry Magpie posted:

Unlike Fallout 3, the hard limit on resistances is 1000 rather than 100, so 50 Damage Resistance in Fallout 4 translates to 5% mitigation.
My advice is to focus offense.

Have you tried stealth?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

It seems like a real videogame thing to do to have it appear at or near the ending and have them say your name in the final confrontation or whatever.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Continuing the Bethesda marketing strategy of showing a one-off event as if it's a core gameplay mechanic.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
those perks look loving terrible. you will only be able to roleplay as tom hardy from mad max: the blandest man alive.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

those perks look loving terrible. you will only be able to roleplay as tom hardy from mad max: the blandest man alive.
:spergin: :spergin: :spergin: :spergin: :spergin: :spergin: :spergin:

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
PERK: Billy the Kid Would be Proud (RANK 5) - 1% of the time, do 3% more damage with non-automatic pistols

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It seems like a real videogame thing to do to have it appear at or near the ending and have them say your name in the final confrontation or whatever.

They only budgeted $8.40 for their lovely zero-effort ending and this didn't make the cut, but when you're watching it I'm sure you'll have no trouble imagining the game calling you "fuckface"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Merry Magpie posted:

What do you consider the other trap perks? I know ImpAtom said VANS is bad. I'm guessing Awareness and maybe Night Person are bad too?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Foul Fowl posted:

Really? Some of them look fun. Pumping up luck for Idiot Savant and Ricochet seems dope.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Perk: The Shitposter (RANK 5) - 5% chance to critically poo poo with any post

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Vargs posted:

They only budgeted $8.40 for their lovely zero-effort ending and this didn't make the cut, but when you're watching it I'm sure you'll have no trouble imagining the game calling you "fuckface"

I'm sure the last battle has leaked along with the ending but it seems like the most videogamey thing possible to have the last boss say "fight me.... fuckface" or whatever. Like it seems like the codsworth stuff would just there to show off the name registered and then the real reason it'd be in the game at all would be to show up at some dramatic moment earthbound style.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"I... Am your son, fuckface."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The "final boss" in FO3 was literally one second for me. you shotgun the army man in the head and that's it. I doubt anyone really expects any kind of epic final battle for FO4

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So is Luck as good as it looks? I don't really care about VATS perks but Bloody Mess and Better Criticals seem like pro picks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MinibarMatchman posted:

The "final boss" in FO3 was literally one second for me. you shotgun the army man in the head and that's it. I doubt anyone really expects any kind of epic final battle for FO4

Yea I'm not sure where anyone got the idea these games were known for their epic final bosses or whatever.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Buschmaki posted:

I'm sad, bedause I have basically the same issues with Bethesda games as Shamus Young does, and it just means that I won't buy and enjoy this game at all or I'll hear that it's good but will enjoy it less than other people. Being an RPG elitist is a tough existence.

Shamus Young is a loving moron. He can't separate his loving stupid opinions that are always wrong from facts.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I'm not sure where anyone got the idea these games were known for their epic final bosses or whatever.

The master

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Yaos posted:

Shamus Young is a loving moron.

Why?

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

Perk: The Shitposter (RANK 5) - 5% chance to critically poo poo with any post
5 points for 5% seems pretty inefficient but you probably shitpost enough to make it worth it and theyre your points so

Harrow posted:

So is Luck as good as it looks? I don't really care about VATS perks but Bloody Mess and Better Criticals seem like pro picks.
the stat is really good but the last 2 perks are kind've meh, but pretty much every other perk in the tree is good

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The quality of faces seems really inconsistent. Some of the NPCs look okay and some of them look like playdoh.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Because he's always wrong. The two and half videos he made 50 years ago on Youtube are so wrong I have trouble believing he's not just a really lazy troll.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Harrow posted:

Don't forget Idiot Savant and Ricochet. Especially since Ricochet can proc in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Elderbean posted:

The quality of faces seems really inconsistent. Some of the NPCs look okay and some of them look like playdoh.

I can confirm that is a realistic depiction of boston

• Locked thread