Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Lynda Carter is a big..lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

oh man that is funny

hes just a lil guy :3

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the game looks, at absolute lowest settings, maybe very slightly harder to run than skyrim. there is virtually no way that those minimum required specs aren't inflated to loving utter hell.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
Are any streams up? Yesterday there was someone with an SSD, 980 and 4790k playing on hard. Is that stream still up?

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

nosl posted:

Are any streams up? Yesterday there was someone with an SSD, 980 and 4790k playing on hard. Is that stream still up?

I asked earlier and have been looking, not having much luck finding anything.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Signing up for a free VPN service for this sounds like a good way to crash their servers. It happened with Skyrim.
This is a man in hell trying to pretend he is enjoying it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

for this incredibly short and insecure man, every day is hell

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Building a new gamer PC and this game is the reason why.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

TheTrend posted:

I asked earlier and have been looking, not having much luck finding anything.

Same story here minus asking earlier. Thanks for you input. I'll post here if I find anything.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't play Fallout but the 8 minute rant from that guy mad about leaks was super entertaining. Thanks, thread.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I know 2 of them are voice actors of the main characters
and the other is todd.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Do we know what sort of % chance Idiot Savant procs? I plan on relatively high int but with lots of drugs and drinking so my int will usually be middling, is it still worth taking IS early to squeeze a few more levels out?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I know 2 of them are voice actors of the main characters
and the other is todd.

The Amazon Todd is standing in the shadow of is Wonder Woman

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

Do we know what sort of % chance Idiot Savant procs? I plan on relatively high int but with lots of drugs and drinking so my int will usually be middling, is it still worth taking IS early to squeeze a few more levels out?

I can't give hard numbers but I'd say it is somewhere around 10% at 10 Luck/1INT. If it procs on a quest rewards you can gain two levels in one go pretty easily.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So, any idea if I can run it?

SUS ROG G750JM

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Video Card 1 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Video Card 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Memory 8.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

JoshTheStampede posted:

In literally every single fallout game perks that level you up faster have been a huge waste so it'll probably be that.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I can't give hard numbers but I'd say it is somewhere around 10% at 10 Luck/1INT. If it procs on a quest rewards you can gain two levels in one go pretty easily.

I wonder if you can cheese this by quicksaving before turning in a quest. Sounds super tedious but I'm sure a lot of people will do it if it's possible, especially considering how effective that would be. Same with quicksaving before charisma checks, which are now apparently %-based for some unfathomable reason.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vargs posted:

I wonder if you can cheese this by quicksaving before turning in a quest. Sounds super tedious but I'm sure a lot of people will do it if it's possible, especially considering how effective that would be. Same with quicksaving before charisma checks, which are now apparently %-based for some unfathomable reason.

I can't promise it but I think you'd need to gain some other form of EXP before trying again to get it to reroll. I didn't test for long because loading time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vargs posted:

Oh god, why? What is the point of making a speech check based on a die roll in a world where quicksaving exists? It just adds tedium.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

In literally every single fallout game perks that level you up faster have been a huge waste so it'll probably be that.

I don't think that'll be the case this time, since there's no level cap. The bonus XP perks (or even more hilariously, the "gain a level" perk) in 3/NV were terrible because you were only ever going to get so many perks, so by the time you hit the level cap it was a wasted slot. With no upper limit on how many perks you can end up with, there's value to a perk that gets you more perks faster.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Dandywalken posted:

[HATE DECEMBERS FOGGY FREEZE]

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Grody posted:

so do you think Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 4.1g of ram, Geforce GT 525M, with windows 7 could run it? i dont want to buy it then have to buy a new pc too

I would say it would probably be wise to wait until a couple hours after release to see user benchmarks with similar hardware before you buy the game and certainly before you buy any new hardware

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harrow posted:

Oh god, why? What is the point of making a speech check based on a die roll in a world where quicksaving exists? It just adds tedium.

bethesda is really bad at making video games

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
If you're wondering if you're computer can run this:
stop reading thread
stop posting on the internet
go get a job or improve your current one until you can afford a 100 dollar videocard

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

How do VPN on my PlayStation Quadruple

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

How do VPN on my PlayStation Quadruple

Put the disc in

It Just Works (tm)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

ShadowMar posted:

Ya. Lol

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yay someone labeled where the bobbleheads are on the in-game map:

Anything not on there is in Boston they said.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

Knowing that SPECIAL-based dialog checks are now based on a die roll really makes me devalue Charisma and Intelligence as stats on their own. Obviously Intelligence has some neat perks associated with it, but Charisma's just going to earn me the right to get pissed off when I fail a Charisma check that I theoretically had enough Charisma to qualify for.

To be fair, video games doing persuasion as a purely binary thing that is as simple as picking the [SPEECH] option from a list is obviously kind of boring and lovely anyway, but hey. I always thought the best way to do it in a Bethesda-style game would be to have speech/Charisma add new options to the dialog but not flag them as speech checks, so it's still up to the player to recognize that those are the better options. Probably not possible now that we can only ever have four options at each dialog choice.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Where has Cream of Plenty gone, by the way?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dandywalken posted:

Where has Cream of Plenty gone, by the way?

T Howard issued a DMCA related to his upcoming autobiography "kirkbride is a bad writer and I, Todd Howard, am good. The Todd Howard story"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Shugojin posted:

T Howard issued a DMCA related to his upcoming autobiography "kirkbride is a bad writer and I, Todd Howard, am good. The Todd Howard story"

first review just in: "short and unsatisfying"

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
If it bothers you, I'm sure someone will find a way to mod out random chance charisma checks and make them based on dialogue choices.

Might be kind of a daunting task though, but some nerd will do it!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I'd be willing to bet anybody that 90% of this games development was done in the past 8 months.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Turds in magma posted:

If you're wondering if you're computer can run this:
stop reading thread
stop posting on the internet
go get a job or improve your current one until you can afford a 100 dollar videocard

Toil for the product.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

the game looks, at absolute lowest settings, maybe very slightly harder to run than skyrim. there is virtually no way that those minimum required specs aren't inflated to loving utter hell.

Maybe it just runs poorly

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

The Droid posted:

it just runs poorly

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The Droid posted:

Maybe it just runs poorly

well that's a given

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Harrow posted:

Exercise Restraint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So this is the build I'm thinking about going in on heavy on Int and Cha, I just don't know if I'm going in for the scavenger and scrounger perks first or things like Lock picking and hacking
http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=2&p=4&e=1&c=6&i=8&a=3&l=3

Also everyone knows the US has one important time zone, Eastern Standard Time AKA God's Own Time Zone.

How long is it until you get Piper as a companion I kind of want her around before I go exploring?

Kiggles posted:

There were a bunch of Giant Rad scorpions on the way south, past Primm. They were off the road, but you could definitely see them. Most were off to the far side, near the map border, but a couple were in the salt flat. I suspect they were slapped in there to encourage the player to not get side tracked, but stick to the road and -you know- actually track down the guy who shot you in the head. It works on me, at least.

Is there a map that shows how the level of encountered creatures/people go for New Vegas, like the one shown for 4? I rather liked the design of New Vegas making you take the long way to explore it.

• Locked thread