Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

shankerz posted:

Still playing the victim card I see. Lying about your welfare space pixle adventures is like beliving that Seraph babysitting your child is a sound safe decision.

The real victims here are the people that have to put up with your posting. loving hell.

staberind posted:

If you must do this, at least be entertaining, Might I suggest roleplaying as Sandi & Ben?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

CrazyTolradi posted:

At this point, as some have said so well, they want Space Second Life. They want to be able to ply the spaceways with their strange blowup doll cargo and indulge in weird sexual fantasies with their crews.

Just think of how many pixle apartments and villas they could sell to the brownsea. Might as well start a new crowd funding campaign "Space Estates" escrow in 2 weeks for only :20bux: :20bux: :10bux: :20bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :20bux: :20bux: :10bux: :10bux:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
$170 sounds super cheap for a new crowdfunding campaign.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

staberind posted:

If you must do this, at least be entertaining, Might I suggest roleplaying as Sandi & Ben?

Oh, it remains entertaining to me, because he still believes my lie about me being a gypsy and that I totally didn't say that and other things just to piss him off into slipping up and doing this 2 years back.

But yeah - as Eonwe the zen artist of shitposting said, what's funny to me is probably not as much to others. Still, I enjoy it!

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

shankerz posted:

Still playing the victim card I see. Lying about your welfare space pixle adventures is like beliving that Seraph babysitting your child is a sound safe decision.

How deep are you still in?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't Shankerz the guy who spent a bunch of money to buy avatars with the :iceburn: being "you're gay" because they secretly are afraid of men thinking he's pretty?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So would spacegame players recommend I buy Starpoint Gemini 2, or wait for Rebel Galaxy to go on sale?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Space Resident will not just be the greatest space sim ever made. It will be the greatest game ever made in recorded history. Ever.

About this project

Have you ever looked around at your miserable existence and thought "I can do better"? I haven't, because for the most part my life has been pretty awesome. But I bet YOU can. You can only live in your sister's basement for so long before you start dreaming of a better life. A life that doesn't involve mowing your uncle's lawn as your sole source of income. A life that you're not sponging off family members due to your mental defects and severe Asperger's. You know what? Space Resident can be that life, for you.

Cast off the shackles of your pathetic current existence, and come live in the pathetic universe I've created for you! Creating an entire universe for people like yourself takes a LONG TIME, so the best part about this situation is that, while I'm taking ten years to create it, you can imagine that it's exactly what you want it to be!

Want to deliver a pixel ship's worth of sweet corn to the next galaxy over? You can! Want to kill aliens and other players? You can! Want to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to be able to kill other players more effectively? You can! Want to be a space stewardess and play a retarded drink mixing minigame in order to artificially satisfy NPCs via a moronic game mechanism? You can! If you can imagine it, and post about it more than 4 times on my forums, I'll probably at least tell you that I'm going to implement it in game! It's win/win! I win, because I get your pledge money! You win, because you get to imagine a universe in which you're not a basement dwelling neckbeard with the most pathetic life imaginable! You literally cannot lose!

Risks and challenges

The biggest risk is that you will not give me enough money to make all your dreams come true. That is also the only risk.

Rewards

Pledge $1 or more

This is where most Kickstarters would say something like "You'll get our sincere thanks, we love you so lovingly much!"

But I'm an honest man. If the BDSSE is only worth one dollar to you, then you're only worthy of contempt. I will only promise to think of you, collectively, as a boil on the rear end of videogaming society.

Estimated delivery: Jan 2016

Pledge $5 or more

You are still a boil on the rear end of videogaming society, but you HAVE earned a low quality jpeg of me giving you the finger.

Pledge $10 or more

This is the same as the previous reward, but it will be a high quality jpeg of me giving you the finger.

Pledge $20 or more

This is the same as the two previous rewards, but it will be me giving you the finger and you will be presented with 30+ megapixel files, both jpeg and raw, from a fancy Sony DSLR.

Pledge $50 or more

You will get a copy of the BDSSE. BDSSE to be determined by me. Maybe it'll be amazing. Maybe it'll be a bootleg copy of Defender where your spaceship is replaced by a low quality jpeg of me giving you the finger. Who knows? That's part of the fun of doing a Kickstarter, you're never quite sure what you'll get.

Estimated delivery: Jan 2020

Pledge $200 or more

You will get a really sweet ship to use in the BDSSE. I mean, really choice. Top end. Well, at first it'll be really choice. Then I'll ramp everything up and a $200 ship will be a piece of poo poo because I'll start selling $2500 ships. But who's problem is that? Not mine! The people that bought the 200 dollar ships, it would seem. I'll still be living in my rented mansion and banging my skank wife. You'll still be living in your mom's basement and banging your fleshlight. Again, not my problem.

Pledge $500 or more

For 500 bones, you'll get what I promised to the people that paid 200 bones. That seems like a raw deal, until you realize that the guys that paid 200 bucks aren't getting poo poo. I mean, they'll get something. And I'll say it's what they were supposed to get. What they were promised. But it'll be total poo poo. You're gonna get the real deal. They're getting whatever I can get an intern to make in half an hour. Your stuff, the 500 dollar stuff, I'll put an actual paid employee on, for at least half a day. That's my promise to you.

Pledge $1,000 or more

You'll get a really big pixel ship. Massive. We'll use all the pixels. Every pixel we can find. We'll even buy pixels from other people that have extras. It'll be super huge, and a super sweet pixel space ship. Though keep in mind, this pixel ship requires twelve people to effectively crew it, and we drat sure know that if you're shelling out a grand for a pretend space ship it means you don't even know eleven other people. But it can sit in your hanger, and look pretty! And you can brag it on reddit! Fair?

Pledge $2,500 or more

You will get ALL the pixel ships. Every single one we can poo poo out of our art department over the next ten years that this POS is in "development." And you'll get Long Term Insurance. We even told you dipshits that Long Term Insurance doesn't matter, but you mouthbreathing sister humpers were still willing to pay hundreds of dollars extra for it, so we're gonna sell it to you direct, rather than have some middleman cash in on it.

Pledge $5,000 or more

With a pledge this size you have earned the right to sexually harass any employee of the company, or any other person that is active on the website! Congratulations! Describe your wiener, uninvited? No problem! Discuss your sexual prowess and how it has made your wife never want to touch you again? Totally fine! Send pics of your ding dong? Everything's good here, brother! 5 grand means anything goes, and we do mean anything!

Pledge $8,000 or more

For this pledge level, we have something very special. For this amount of money, an actual Space Resident developer will fly directly to your specified location, kick you directly in the genitals, and proclaim loudly "Why'd you spend so much goddamn money on this stupid rear end game?"

Pledge $10,000

This is the exact same as the last reward, but instead of some loser employee we hired off the street that got fired from making mobile games a month ago, your genitals will be kicked by me. Your lord and savior. Christos Croberts, himself. And not only that, I give you my personal guarantee that your genitals will be kicked only by the finest boots on the planet. Purchased entirely by your pledge dollars, they will be gold tipped, gem encrusted, and made of the finest monkey anus leather I am able to procure.

About Christos Croberts

Reno, NV

I've done a lot of stuff. Maybe some of that stuff is making video games and lovely movies. Maybe it isn't, and is mostly working the fry machine at McDick's. Who knows?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maldoror posted:

Space Resident will not just be the greatest space sim ever made. It will be the greatest game ever made in recorded history. Ever.

About this project

Have you ever looked around at your miserable existence and thought "I can do better"? I haven't, because for the most part my life has been pretty awesome. But I bet YOU can. You can only live in your sister's basement for so long before you start dreaming of a better life. A life that doesn't involve mowing your uncle's lawn as your sole source of income. A life that you're not sponging off family members due to your mental defects and severe Asperger's. You know what? Space Resident can be that life, for you.

Cast off the shackles of your pathetic current existence, and come live in the pathetic universe I've created for you! Creating an entire universe for people like yourself takes a LONG TIME, so the best part about this situation is that, while I'm taking ten years to create it, you can imagine that it's exactly what you want it to be!

Want to deliver a pixel ship's worth of sweet corn to the next galaxy over? You can! Want to kill aliens and other players? You can! Want to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to be able to kill other players more effectively? You can! Want to be a space stewardess and play a retarded drink mixing minigame in order to artificially satisfy NPCs via a moronic game mechanism? You can! If you can imagine it, and post about it more than 4 times on my forums, I'll probably at least tell you that I'm going to implement it in game! It's win/win! I win, because I get your pledge money! You win, because you get to imagine a universe in which you're not a basement dwelling neckbeard with the most pathetic life imaginable! You literally cannot lose!

Risks and challenges

The biggest risk is that you will not give me enough money to make all your dreams come true. That is also the only risk.

Rewards

Pledge $1 or more

This is where most Kickstarters would say something like "You'll get our sincere thanks, we love you so lovingly much!"

But I'm an honest man. If the BDSSE is only worth one dollar to you, then you're only worthy of contempt. I will only promise to think of you, collectively, as a boil on the rear end of videogaming society.

Pledge $5 or more

You are still a boil on the rear end of videogaming society, but you HAVE earned a low quality jpeg of me giving you the finger.

Pledge $10 or more

This is the same as the previous reward, but it will be a high quality jpeg of me giving you the finger.

Pledge $20 or more

This is the same as the two previous rewards, but it will be me giving you the finger and you will be presented with 30+ megapixel files, both jpeg and raw, from a fancy Sony DSLR.

Pledge $50 or more

You will get a copy of the BDSSE. BDSSE to be determined by me. Maybe it'll be amazing. Maybe it'll be a bootleg copy of Defender where your spaceship is replaced by a low quality jpeg of me giving you the finger. Who knows? That's part of the fun of doing a Kickstarter, you're never quite sure what you'll get.

Pledge $200 or more

You will get a really sweet ship to use in the BDSSE. I mean, really choice. Top end. Well, at first it'll be really choice. Then I'll ramp everything up and a $200 ship will be a piece of poo poo because I'll start selling $2500 ships. But who's problem is that? Not mine! The people that bought the 200 dollar ships, it would seem. I'll still be living in my rented mansion and banging my skank wife. You'll still be living in your mom's basement and banging your fleshlight. Again, not my problem.

Pledge $500 or more

For 500 bones, you'll get what I promised to the people that paid 200 bones. That seems like a raw deal, until you realize that the guys that paid 200 bucks aren't getting poo poo. I mean, they'll get something. And I'll say it's what they were supposed to get. What they were promised. But it'll be total poo poo. You're gonna get the real deal. They're getting whatever I can get an intern to make in half an hour. Your stuff, the 500 dollar stuff, I'll put an actual paid employee on, for at least half a day. That's my promise to you.

Pledge $1,000 or more

You'll get a really big pixel ship. Massive. We'll use all the pixels. Every pixel we can find. We'll even buy pixels from other people that have extras. It'll be super huge, and a super sweet pixel space ship. Though keep in mind, this pixel ship requires twelve people to effectively crew it, and we drat sure know that if you're shelling out a grand for a pretend space ship it means you don't even know eleven other people. But it can sit in your hanger, and look pretty! And you can brag it on reddit! Fair?

Pledge $2,500 or more

You will get ALL the pixel ships. Every single one we can poo poo out of our art department over the next ten years that this POS is in "development." And you'll get Long Term Insurance. We even told you dipshits that Long Term Insurance doesn't matter, but you mouthbreathing sister humpers were still willing to pay hundreds of dollars extra for it, so we're gonna sell it to you direct, rather than have some middleman cash in on it.

Pledge $5,000 or more

With a pledge this size you have earned the right to sexually harass any employee of the company, or any other person that is active on the website! Congratulations! Describe your wiener, uninvited? No problem! Discuss your sexual prowess and how it has made your wife never want to touch you again? Totally fine! Send pics of your ding dong? Everything's good here, brother! 5 grand means anything goes, and we do mean anything!

Pledge $8,000 or more

For this pledge level, we have something very special. For this amount of money, an actual Space Resident developer will fly directly to your specified location, kick you directly in the genitals, and proclaim loudly "Why'd you spend so much goddamn money on this stupid rear end game?"

Pledge $10,000

This is the exact same as the last reward, but instead of some loser employee we hired off the street that got fired from making mobile games a month ago, your genitals will be kicked by me. Your lord and savior. Christos Croberts, himself. And not only that, I give you my personal guarantee that your genitals will be kicked only by the finest boots on the planet. Purchased entirely by your pledge dollars, they will be gold tipped, gem encrusted, and made of the finest monkey anus leather I am able to procure.

About Christos Croberts

Reno, NV

I've done a lot of stuff. Maybe some of that stuff is making video games and lovely movies. Maybe it isn't, and is mostly working the fry machine at McDick's. Who knows?

Same

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

I'm worried for Beer now :ohdear:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Considering all it would be is some cryengine maps they could very well start selling fake real estate if they really hurt for cash.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Justin Tyme posted:

Considering all it would be is some cryengine maps they could very well start selling fake real estate if they really hurt for cash.

This would be amazing.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

Maldoror posted:

Pledge $20 or more

As no Sony DSLRs are capable of 30+ megapixels, I will work with Dr. Derek Smart, Ph.D. to expose this obvious scam!

Mirrorless doesn't count.

Nomenclature fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 9, 2015

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It doesn't matter. If SC takes ten years backers will just say it makes sense because SC is actually two games or some other pathetic excuse.

It's an addiction like any other. Only this one is they can't seem to let go of giving money for bigger epeens... Wait..

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Justin Tyme posted:

Speaking of real estate, that "get buffed by Lovecraft rape" MMO is showing more progress than SC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tUnaYDLw38

It seems, the recipe to getting poo poo done is getting rid of Chris Roberts.

ickna
May 19, 2004

Breetai posted:

wait for Rebel Galaxy to go on sale?

it's worth it at the current price imo

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm at the end of the thread. Goodnight.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Nomenclature posted:

As no Sony DSLRs are capable of 30+ megapixels, I will work with Dr. Derek Smart, Ph.D. to expose this obvious scam!

Mirrorless doesn't count.

Just take a pic with a Sony DSLRs and then blow it up in Paint to be 30+ megapixels. Done.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

no_recall posted:

It's an addiction like any other. Only this one is they can't seem to let go of giving money for bigger epeens... Wait..

The "Squadron 42 will fund the PU" arguments are creeping into the brown sea as they desperately try to reconcile the failure to deliver the PU (or anything at all) with the glorious leadership of the infallible CR.

How they perform such mental gymnastics is beyond me.

Basil Brush
Jul 21, 2008

boom boom
Hello refund! Considering that the Australia dollar is a joke right now, I came away with a profit!

What crowdfunding project can I spend this on now?

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

How did that happen all of a sudden...

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Justin Tyme posted:

http://singularityhub.com/2010/11/21/man-sells-virtual-real-estate-in-online-game-for-635000-wtf-video/

They did it for 635,000... so it is possible.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
They strongly hinted at selling virtual real estate again recently I think, there was also a picture during the 890 Jump sale I think. If you consider they are putting private clubs for the whales in and everyone already has a hangar, it's one of the few things they already have the tech to do.

I expect the only reason for not doing it so far is that's there's currently only one landing zone ready and the fact it will look exactly what it is, an attempt to raise lots more cash for something stupid.

Shankerz, did you get your Javelin money out or are you riding this thing into the ground? Seraph clearly got a refund, that's why he's so hyped at the minute.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

When talking about selling real-estate, I like the fact that they will be selling the same penthouse to everyone. I seriously doubt they will model 10 blocks of skyscrapers to house everyone when they can just model 3 rooms, sell access to everyone and say that 'absolutely everyone will be located in a different building in the future'.

Or they can of-course say that the rooms are all in separate buildings but just forget to add windows (or just add 1 window which loops some random video)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

So what happened on Friday to give them a 25k bump?

oh, 2500 people who'd already chucked in $1000 each, spent another $10 on a Concierge Black Card featuring a death wish written in Latin.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Is the black supposed to symbolize their inner depression, that they try to stave off by buying spaceship .jpegs?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
It's to show you aren't racist.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

CrazyTolradi posted:

At this point, as some have said so well, they want Space Second Life. They want to be able to ply the spaceways with their strange blowup doll cargo and indulge in weird sexual fantasies with their crews.

I think they want to engage in weird sexual fantasies with their ships, which is why so many of them have a multi-purpose hose attachment.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
Star citizen is like a lasagna except it's promised to be 20 layers and sentient and will give you blow jobs and provide companionship and provide everything missing in your life. Also the lasagna makers spent all your money on the first layer and just realized they used tainted ground beef and now this has to be painstakingly removed from the sauce piece by piece. Also other lasagna chefs are warning people that a 20 layer lasagna would collapse under its own weight and its simply impossible no matter how much money you throw at it.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Why not space loans or a space mortgage when playing star citizen?

No monthly fees...apart from for your flat and spaceship.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

ShredsYouSay posted:

Why not space loans or a space mortgage when playing star citizen?

No monthly fees...apart from for your flat and spaceship.

Since they are charging the equivilent of a downpayment on a RL car for spaceship jpegs, i image a property will be charged similarly

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Isnt that Karl

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I need the refund to buy viagra because your constant blueballing has made my penis lose it's will to live.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Mirificus posted:

Just in case people missed this during the anime spam.

I've been on the internet long enough to know that is his fetish

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Basil Brush posted:

Hello refund! Considering that the Australia dollar is a joke right now, I came away with a profit!

What crowdfunding project can I spend this on now?

Fallout 4, Or StarCraft.

Both are real games by publishers out this week.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
But if you're a masochist for waiting a bit longer, since Star Citizen conditioned you into it, get a GreenManGaming discount (when next they have it) on XCOM 2 when it comes out. You'll get to interact with more aliens there than you would in Star Citizen, even if this POS ever came out.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 9, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

Isnt that Karl

This is Karl, though that might be Karl too, we all might be Karl makes you think

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I can wait for a game that is only ~two weeks ~ from finished. Waiting two weeks to hear from legal is no fun.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Learning in school now about how when a baby's first poop doesn't come out it's a bad sign and the medical term for it is, "Meconium Ileus"...

...Mods plz rename thread to Queef Shitizen: Meconium Ileus

edit: Also the game is going to be primarily funded by the singleplayer campaign Squatruns Farty-Poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
see you in the 'verse

• Locked thread