Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 192 days!

Chantilly Say posted:

And children are the future. Video games are the future?

The next generational gap will be about whether or not to make anime real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

No for real is this guy loving retarded

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
There's just no way he's not high all the time

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Elephant Ambush posted:

I watched Sharknado 3 this weekend and it made me mad that both Michelle Bachmann and Ann Coulter were both in it. I know those movies are all about cameos but why the gently caress would you bother getting either of those pieces of human garbage into your lovely movies for any reason?

Wasn't the guy who played the main character in at least one of them a Tea Bagger? I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the people behind it were conservatives; then again, it could just as easily be true that they purposefully brought on conservatives to delegitimize them.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:stare::stonk:

Holy poo poo Carson and Trump leading the GOP polls further reinforces yet again how much the right has fallen off the deep end.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

This legit just convinced me that I need a break from all this bullshit.

How the gently caress in someone like this a front-runner in a Presidential election? How?

How?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Senf posted:

How the gently caress in someone like this a front-runner in a Presidential election? How?

How?

Evangelicals, and people who aren't paying attention yet and just going off of the tremendously misguided opinions of people they will hopefully come to distrust

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Carson is becoming more popular because the liberal media (Boo! Hiss!) is attacking him. We saw it in the last campaign, too. Newt Gingrich got pushback for his big speech about putting black kids to work. Herman Cain's support among evangelicals went up after he was accused of sexual harassment.

The other important thing is to keep attacking Obama and anyone vaguely associated with the Democrats. While the not-Romneys were sniping at each other, Romney spent the 2012 debates going after the real enemy. Gingrich surged by attacking lazy black people, but fell when he started talking about space exploration or whatever non-racism-related thing he was talking about. Carson is talking about how liberals and gun control caused the Holocaust, or whatever Facebook forward bullshit, and fending off media attacks, so he's doing well, but Trump's falling into the trap of sniping at other candidates, so he's falling. Every candidate at the last debate got turns attacking the liberal media, which is why none of them were named a loser.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Senf posted:

How?

Because many many americans are fed up with career politicians who have shat all over our political system and are desiring an outsider candidate who isn't a career politician interested only in winning elections over governance? At least that's the idea.

So people will pick these kinda candidates.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm guessing this has something to do with gamergate and vox day is the bad person?

Vox Day's big thing this year was putting together a group that stuffed the nomination box for the Hugo Awards, often making it so that only ones on his approved list were nominated for a category. The people who actually vote on the awards weren't too happy with this and fired back by having multiple categories just simply not have a winner.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

muscles like this? posted:

Vox Day's big thing this year was putting together a group that stuffed the nomination box for the Hugo Awards, often making it so that only ones on his approved list were nominated for a category. The people who actually vote on the awards weren't too happy with this and fired back by having multiple categories just simply not have a winner.

Also reminder that Vox Day once wrote that Malala deserved it

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

"Multiple categories" means "every single category that didn't have anything off his list", for the record.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Senf posted:

How?

Because at least half the people in America are every bit as stupid as he is.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Also reminder that Vox Day once wrote that Malala deserved it

Can I get a quick reminder about why it would be wrong to forcefully remove his tongue and hands in the most painful way possible?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Surprised this didnt want on this thread today.

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Michele-Bachmann-Bring-into-Christianity-as-many-Jews-as-we-can-432401

Seems bachmann is straight out saying what alot of the right wants to say.

If you only read one in the freep thread in your entire life, make it this one.

Religious Tolerance? In my :freep:? :psyduck:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MizPiz posted:

Can I get a quick reminder about why it would be wrong to forcefully remove his tongue and hands in the most painful way possible?

It would legitimize someone who is ultimately a worthless nobody

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Because many many americans are fed up with career politicians who have shat all over our political system and are desiring an outsider candidate who isn't a career politician interested only in winning elections over governance? At least that's the idea.

So people will pick these kinda candidates.

I understand that. It just amazes me that a good amount of people are so fed up with your standard career politician that they somehow support someone like Carson that's so blatantly bad for the job.

I think his approach to that interview put me over the top for once. Then again, I recently overheard someone say that they think Fiorina is the best candidate because "she knows business," so what do I know?

Senf fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 9, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There is no other nominee besides Trump. He's fallen into no traps. Carson is a walking trap.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Cardboard Box A posted:

A goon tweets at Vox Day, Vox Day invokes the :siren: SJW Thought Police :siren:

Ok can someone explain this to me? I know what gamergate is but how does this apply?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SalTheBard posted:

Ok can someone explain this to me? I know what gamergate is but how does this apply?

Vox Day is a guy who says Hitler had a lot of great ideas and isn't making a joke about freeways and not smoking.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Nintendo Kid posted:

Vox Day is a guy who says Hitler had a lot of great ideas and isn't making a joke about freeways and not smoking.

What's his connection to SA? I didn't understand the twitter conversation.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It would legitimize someone who is ultimately a worthless nobody

The only winning move with idiots like Vox Day is Always not to play.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Keeshhound posted:

If you only read one in the freep thread in your entire life, make it this one.

Religious Tolerance? In my :freep:? :psyduck:

I havent been on the freep thread of late, none of their awfulness was surprising anymore. i guess i was wrong. I have to go back there now.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Is Jeb Bush still running? Someone should make a documentary of his fail.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Oh gently caress Fox News accidentally left the comments section open on one of their 'gently caress black people' stories. That's not gonna last long

E: actually 2 of them. Their selective disabling guy must be off his game this morning

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 9, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Mizzou president resigned.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Mizzou president resigned.

"The football team were just pawns, these people don't even know how to protest anything!"

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm not interested in replying to smoothrich but I thought I'd kind of chime in in regards to someone being a "republican"

Is it possible one could be a republican? I mean yeah a while back it could be argued that the average joe could pull it off because the stigma that was attached with it was not as great. I keep thinking of the Alex P. Keaton types that viewed it as wanting to be rich, be successful. That is honestly something I wanted to be so I identified with it for quite some time.

But I just don't really feel the party matches my needs in that regard. I also found out over the course of my life how important government agencies and programs were for our society. In the most selfish way of looking at things, not only do these things help our country, but they likely help me by default by being in existence.

When I see talk of ridding the country of the IRS, the Department of Education and other agencies? Well it's very terrifying to me. Still I don't feel like I ever quit being a republican in some ways, I just feel that the party left me. They're not interested in the ones who want to dress nicely and start businesses. Rather they're interested in old, dumb, white people that pretty much hate everything.

Welcome to the Democratic Party.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

SalTheBard posted:

What's his connection to SA? I didn't understand the twitter conversation.

Derek Smart is a goon, under the name D_Smart. Yes, it's really him. He's been hanging in the Star Citizen thread. We recently went through the 'in a well' proverb featuring him and this interview with Vox Day.

It was a pretty hilarious precise copy of the 'in a well' event.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Can someone explain to me the University of Missouri president resigning? The only thing I know of this is from Dennis Prager, and for once I can't see how Prager is wrong. I looked up several articles about what was going on on the campus and all I can find is that someone made a swastika out of feces? I feel like there must be a lot that I missed or this situation is really messed up. Why did he resign?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gross Dude posted:

Can someone explain to me the University of Missouri president resigning? The only thing I know of this is from Dennis Prager, and for once I can't see how Prager is wrong. I looked up several articles about what was going on on the campus and all I can find is that someone made a swastika out of feces? I feel like there must be a lot that I missed or this situation is really messed up. Why did he resign?

His response to racist actions on campus was extremely poor. His resignation is only one of the protesters' demands, but it is the most high profile one.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

computer parts posted:

His response to racist actions on campus was extremely poor. His resignation is only one of the protesters' demands, but it is the most high profile one.

Was there anything in their list of demands that is "illegal"? Saw that in the football funhouse thread.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Nonsense posted:

Was there anything in their list of demands that is "illegal"? Saw that in the football funhouse thread.

quote:

I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1-­9-­5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-­0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.

III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

IV. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color.

V. We demand that by the academic year 2017-2018, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff campus-wide to 10%.

VI. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10 year plan by May 1, 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.

VII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals — particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus-­wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.

VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campus-­wide awareness and visibility.

Item five is the most controversial one I can see, and then only because ":qq: Reverse Racism :qq:"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Nonsense posted:

wait what?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I'd imagine it's because the demands are going to gently caress up their feet-oblong club and that's an affront to the very concept of a civil society, but I can't see how based on the demands posted, neither are any of them even remotely illegal.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Depends on how you interpret the demand for 10% faculty, but quotas have been found to be unconstitutional.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

MSNBC: "Mixed reaction to Wolfe resignation".

Now hold on! Racists' opinions have value too.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Reminder: Missouri is 11.7% black. Only 7% of Mizzou's students are. Racism happened.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/09/todd-starnes-medias-lynching-ben-carson

YOU HEAR THAT GUYS!? ASKING BEN CARSON TOUGH QUESTIONS AFTER HIS STUPID REMARKS IS THE SAME AS LYNCHING!!!!!

Also, this poo poo:

toddstarnes ‏@toddstarnes 5h5 hours ago
The U of Missouri should dismiss the boycotting football players & their coach, revoke their scholarships & find kids who want to play ball.

FOOTBAW GUYS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/09/todd-starnes-medias-lynching-ben-carson
toddstarnes ‏@toddstarnes 5h5 hours ago
The U of Missouri should dismiss the boycotting football players & their coach, revoke their scholarships & find kids who want to play ball.

FOOTBAW GUYS!

There is nothing I can say to make fun of Todd Starnes that a photo of Todd Starnes cannot do better