Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

I went to the PlayStation store to see if the game had preloaded this morning and it showed a countdown timer to game release. Does that mean the game is preloaded? I didn't see a notification about it being downloaded or installed.

I've never played a Bethesda game before. What special/perks should I focus on to have a decent character?

I'm going to be working nights for a few weeks and will have all day to play uninterrupted! Woot woot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ok to anybody with lower-end hardware, this game seems to be well optimized, use a i7 4710hq and gtx 860m and I get about 40-50 fps with medium settings and anti-alising fxaa. 1600x900 tho.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Why would you want to do that in the first place?

Because I've seen a few mentions of it in the thread to do so?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

alphabettitouretti posted:

The rockpapershotgun review complained that most of the quests are resolved by blowing heads off with no option for talking your way around it so charisma didn't seem that useful.

Guns it is.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

The rockpapershotgun review complained that most of the quests are resolved by blowing heads off with no option for talking your way around it so charisma didn't seem that useful.

Seems like Charisma is useful for making a poo poo ton of money, which helps a lot considering how expensive everything is now.

Also, TXAA looks like poo poo, but the only other option is fxaa. Terrible.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Is that what you used? I tried that first, there Australian server seems to have been down continuously for a while now.

Edit: VVV It just won't let me connect to the server at all.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 9, 2015

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Is that what you used? I tried that first, there Australian server seems to have been down continuously for a while now.

I used SE and it worked, though it was incredibly slow.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I missed playing Fallout :downs: Medium settings doesn't look too bad either.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

That is how all fallout games have always been. It's always cool and memorable when you can speech check out of a fight but that has always ever only been in a small handful of battles.

DirtyTalk
Apr 7, 2013
Where's the cheapest place to buy this for PC right now?

I know I'll probably end up buying this and not playing it so I want to at least know how to get it for the least monies.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DirtyTalk posted:

Where's the cheapest place to buy this for PC right now?

I know I'll probably end up buying this and not playing it so I want to at least know how to get it for the least monies.

GMG has a 20% off coupon.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
After I got connected to the NZ VPN I had to switch my store from US to AUS, then restart Steam for the preload unpacking to start.

I had the same problem earlier when it needed additional info to switch the store, but I was connected to the Perth VPN which as noted before has some issues.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Just in case you feel like the game doesn't meet your expectations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0YacFN4TgQ

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Game is fun, but what the gently caress is the weird camera glitchy/shake that happens sometimes. Like a really bad fast cut if the game were a video.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bethesda really has no idea how to do RPG quest design, do they? "We can't give people with high Charisma/Intelligence/other relevant SPECIAL stat a different route through this quest," they think, "that would mean we'd have to create something that a player might not see on their playthrough. Guess we better just make Charisma the bargaining stat. :v:"

Oh, well. At least I can safely dump my favorite stat. :smith:

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I got on Melbourne with Vyprvpn and the unlocking process only took about 10 minutes. Whole thing was painless once I actually got the VPN the connect, took a dozen attempts or so.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
Got a free season pass for Steam.

VN5Y4-QRZCH-8XBX4

Enjoy.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

nfthree posted:

I went to the PlayStation store to see if the game had preloaded this morning and it showed a countdown timer to game release. Does that mean the game is preloaded? I didn't see a notification about it being downloaded or installed

Go into your game library. It'll tell you if it's preloaded there and give you the download option if not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BuhamutZeo posted:

SO uh...I can't change my store region without contacting Steam customer services and getting approval. What the ever-loving gently caress?

You dont need to do this.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
I set the VPN up to Perth, but the store will only let me change its region to USA or Japan and to contact Steam customer service if I want to originate any where else. :(

edit: Ok, I changed the download region and set up the VPN, but still can't unlock.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Got a free season pass for Steam.

VN5Y4-QRZCH-8XBX4

Enjoy.

Someone already claimed this but thank you so much for providing a season pass. You are the bestest.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Lets get this show on the road

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 9, 2015

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Man Whore posted:

my eyes rolled so loving hard when the super progressive thing that he led to was loving polyamory.

It's still a nice thing to have. Game mechanics and the values they communicate are important.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
WHy is lowtax in a dress?

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Son of Rodney posted:

Ok to anybody with lower-end hardware, this game seems to be well optimized, use a i7 4710hq and gtx 860m and I get about 40-50 fps with medium settings and anti-alising fxaa. 1600x900 tho.

Thanks, I was wondering!

Ontrax
Jun 4, 2006
Did anyone try it with a GTX570?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Canuckistan posted:

If it feels good he should do it

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Canuckistan posted:

He's becoming his userbase.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Son of Rodney posted:

Lets get this show on the road

can you pick your own pronouns

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
VyprVPN isn't recognizing my username/password when I try to connect, and Softether isn't showing Australia/NZ. At least I have this glorious thread.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Mouse control X/Y axis sensitivity isn't synced, goty

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Gharbad the Weak posted:

VyprVPN isn't recognizing my username/password when I try to connect, and Softether isn't showing Australia/NZ. At least I have this glorious thread.

This thread is the only thing keeping me sane at work.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I paid for a month of privateinternetaccess because I'm an impatient bum

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I'm somewhat wary of using VPN to unlock as I don't want to risk a ban, but on the otherhand if Steam did ban everyone that unlocked early there would be a shitshow of epic proportions. Safety in numbers?

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
I've used VPNs to unlock games early on numerous occasions. I've never heard of anyone being banned for it and it wouldn't make any sense for them to since it's not like it harms their profits in any way. Just make absolutely sure you don't buy anything while connected to the VPN, because they WILL ban you for that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

i5 3570k @ 4.2
750ti @ 1920x1200
ultra settings except TAA set to FXAA, and I think ssao is off, not sure now
8gb ddr2 in DC

runs about 34fps in character creation, but it feels like there isn't vsync

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Canuckistan posted:

I'm somewhat wary of using VPN to unlock as I don't want to risk a ban, but on the otherhand if Steam did ban everyone that unlocked early there would be a shitshow of epic proportions. Safety in numbers?

Right now, no VPN solution I'm aware of is even working, so...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The only review that matters: https://twitter.com/The_T/status/663706476301516800

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Canuckistan posted:

I find it hard to believe that they would give a poo poo. There's nothing in it for them and the potential for a huge backlash from users if they did. They ain't gonna ban poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mokinokaro posted:

Go into your game library. It'll tell you if it's preloaded there and give you the download option if not.

Also, it should already be downloaded. I've preordered three games for ps4 and they all (including this one) downloaded on Sunday afternoon to unlock Monday night.

• Locked thread