Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

literally all I care about are reports on PS4 performance so keep those coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Anybody know where I can get an on sale Steam code for this game?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

game good!!!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

This should be a sticky as a reminder to never, ever buy an SLI solution.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Seems like the standard Bethesda issues

http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-fallout-4-SU3050477633t.html#ps4

http://www.destructoid.com/review-fallout-4-318096.phtml

http://time.com/4103796/fallout-4-review/

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/fallout/fallout4/reviews/fallout4strev1.html

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11/09/fallout-4-review-pc/2/

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 9, 2015

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Anybody know where I can get an on sale Steam code for this game?

GMG -20% or some other key site has it at -20% also. Check out isthereanydeal.com

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Can't get the launcher to boot the game into full screen 1080x1920. It'll only do windowed mode, even after messing with the ini file. what the hell Bethesda. Why not ingame resolution controls?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

What the gently caress? I can't use my SLI setup with FO4?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I jumped while talking to Codsworth and this happened. My gun is in multiple pieces now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

literally all I care about are reports on PS4 performance so keep those coming

The PS4 version runs mostly as well as you can expect a console version of a Bethesda game to run.

The framerate is relatively steady. It drops during busy/crowded moments but that is about it. The loading times are relatively long but average for this kind of game and a bit better than The Witcher 3. There are bugs but they're largely cosmetic or silly. Two 'serious ones I encountered were a time when the game stopped properly loading environments (fixed with a reload, did not reoccur) and a hard freeze which also did not reoccur.

As a side note, at least in my playthrough MacCready's Killshot perk (+20% to headshot hit rate) was bugged that it instead gave 95% hit rate to headshots no matter what. Even in a situation where that was impossible like an enemy behind a wall. (It didn't hit in that situation but did in every other situation.)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ImpAtom posted:

The new SPECIAL system far favors specialization. If you want to be a sneaky sniper you want AGI, LUC and PER more than anything. The design of the special system means that you'll be effective with most guns just with those attributes.

Interesting. Is INT important for that though? So you can upgrade the sniper rifles?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I jumped while talking to Codsworth and this happened. My gun is in multiple pieces now.

Looks like you're giving Codsworth a high-five.

An eye-five, even!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Interesting. Is INT important for that though? So you can upgrade the sniper rifles?

It depends.

You can find pre-silenced weapons which is the big thing you'd need INT (for Gun Nut) for but having Gun Nut makes you far less reliant on finding that loot instead and allows you to modify legendary weapons you find dropped. I'd say grab enough for Gun Nut just to be safe. That said having 4 so you can hack gives you a bit of extra flexibility. (Hacking level 3 is the top level you should get. Hacking level 4 is a total waste of a perk.)

Higher levels of INT are not worth it. You do need Science for some upgrades but I don't really think it's worth the perk slots unless you're going energy weapon or going all-in on crafting system stuff.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 9, 2015

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ontrax posted:

Did anyone try it with a GTX570?

I too would like to know this

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

You don't need the stats to equip or use mods, merely craft them yourself. You could, potentially, scavenge or purchase the upgrades for them.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

game good!!!

That's me playing FO4 this weekend

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ImpAtom posted:

It depends.

You can find pre-silenced weapons which is the big thing you'd need INT (for Gun Nut) for but having Gun Nut makes you far less reliant on finding that loot instead and allows you to modify legendary weapons you find dropped. I'd say grab enough for Gun Nut just to be safe. That said having 4 so you can hack gives you a bit of extra flexibility. (Hacking level 3 is the top level you should get. Hacking level 4 is a total waste of a perk.)

Higher levels of INT are not worth it. You do need Science for some upgrades but I don't really think it's worth the perk slots unless you're going energy weapon or going all-in on crafting system stuff.

Thanks for the heads up.

Aishan posted:

You don't need the stats to equip or use mods, merely craft them yourself. You could, potentially, scavenge or purchase the upgrades for them.

I think I am going to like this system a lot better than 3/NV.

Wonder if you can put a silencer on a laser sniper rifle :allears:...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

One thing about INT is that, because there's no level cap, getting more XP from quests means you just straight-up get more perk points by the end. That said, I haven't played yet, so I'm not sure how noticeable the XP bonus you get from INT is.

ImpAtom posted:

It depends.

What about CHA? I've read that persuasion checks don't really affect quest outcomes this time around--more just bargaining for better rewards--so now whether I level CHA or not is going to depend on if the perks are worth it. Like, Local Leader--what do you actually get for those supply lines?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Can confirm that the minimum specs are overinflated. I have an i5 2500k and a Radeon 6950 that is equivalent to or maybe a bit worse than the minimum card. I am getting 30-45fps outdoors at 1920x1080 running on High settings except for lowest AA/god rays and no SSAO.

Frankenoodle posted:

Does anyone know which setting I should tweak to get rid of this blocky nonsense on every person? I'm using a Radeon 5870.

It goes away as soon as you enter the vault. Must be something with the pre-war lighting on older AMD cards.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

People complaining that the game got a 7.5 and called it low.

Frankenoodle
Jun 6, 2015

Everybody's talking at me

Frankenoodle posted:

Does anyone know which setting I should tweak to get rid of this blocky nonsense on every person? I'm using a Radeon 5870.

I figured it out. It's the Godrays setting. I had to turn it off.

Does anyone know how to display an on-screen FPS? i want to tweak my settings for a good ratio of quality to framerate.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
God drat I'm glad an SSD makes load times as good as they were in NV/FO3. After reading/hearing of load times up to a minute on console, PC was the right choice.

Runs at a solid 50-60 fps on i5-2500k, R9 290x and 1440p

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

ImpAtom posted:

As a side note, at least in my playthrough MacCready's Killshot perk (+20% to headshot hit rate) was bugged that it instead gave 95% hit rate to headshots no matter what. Even in a situation where that was impossible like an enemy behind a wall. (It didn't hit in that situation but did in every other situation.)

Nice of bethesda to put in an homage to Boone and his hat from FO:NV

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Godinster posted:

God drat I'm glad an SSD makes load times as good as they were in NV/FO3. After reading/hearing of load times up to a minute on console, PC was the right choice.
load times go down to 8-12 seconds with an ssd on ps4 in most places, sometimes still as high as 20 seconds though

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Harlock posted:

People complaining that the game got a 7.5 and called it low.

Anything under 8 is poo poo now

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Harrow posted:

What about CHA? I've read that persuasion checks don't really affect quest outcomes this time around--more just bargaining for better rewards--so now whether I level CHA or not is going to depend on if the perks are worth it. Like, Local Leader--what do you actually get for those supply lines?

Seconding this question, in particular I wanna know if Inspirational (the 8 Cha perk) makes the dog better or just humanoid companions, because my goal is to do the ultimate powerfull dog build and if it does help then I guess I'm doing a Charisma playthrough for my first guy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

I invested in CHA and regretted it.

CHA is, as near as I was able to tell, a fairly flat check where having 10 modified CHA means you will succeed on every single roll. The thing is that you can very very easily get 5 CHA just from equipment. (There's a quest reward that gives a +3 CHA armor, the Trinity Tower one IIRC, and then +1 Cha from glasses and hats.) Add in to that chems which can give you 3 or more and you can pretty reliably succeed any difficult check at like 2 Cha.

The CHA perks all felt pretty meh to me. Local Leader seems like a thing to get if you're really into the settlement creation but useless otherwise and the pacifying perks are amusing as a gimmick but that's about it. The one that improves your companions is nice but not necessary.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Seconding this question, in particular I wanna know if Inspirational (the 8 Cha perk) makes the dog better or just humanoid companions, because my goal is to do the ultimate powerfull dog build and if it does help then I guess I'm doing a Charisma playthrough for my first guy

I'm pretty sure it applies to the dog too. The Dog-specific perk is for his grab attack only.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Anyone know what the load times on a regular 7200rpm hdd on PC is like?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Frankenoodle posted:

I figured it out. It's the Godrays setting. I had to turn it off.

Does anyone know how to display an on-screen FPS? i want to tweak my settings for a good ratio of quality to framerate.
Steam Settings -> In-Game tab has a dropdown to put a FPS counter on any corner of the screen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Another thing:

Bleed Damage is bizarrely OP and at least for me it worked on everything including Synths. The reason is that bleed damage ticks down during VATS slowdown, can be multiply stacked to apply multiple times, ignores defenses and in general is very powerful. Pickman's Knife (a quest reward) is a stealth-geared knife with Bleed as a special attribute and it is hilariously OP against usually tanky enemies if you go for a high AGI-build and can attack like 20 times in a single VATS.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure it applies to the dog too. The Dog-specific perk is for his grab attack only.

Cool thanks. Also I assume the answer is probably no but since Skyrim DLC added it it's worth asking: is there a way to respec your character without cheating?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Cool thanks. Also I assume the answer is probably no but since Skyrim DLC added it it's worth asking: is there a way to respec your character without cheating?

If there was I did not encounter it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

CHA is, as near as I was able to tell, a fairly flat check where having 10 modified CHA means you will succeed on every single roll. The thing is that you can very very easily get 5 CHA just from equipment. (There's a quest reward that gives a +3 CHA armor, the Trinity Tower one IIRC, and then +1 Cha from glasses and hats.) Add in to that chems which can give you 3 or more and you can pretty reliably succeed any difficult check at like 2 Cha.

The CHA perks all felt pretty meh to me. Local Leader seems like a thing to get if you're really into the settlement creation but useless otherwise and the pacifying perks are amusing as a gimmick but that's about it. The one that improves your companions is nice but not necessary.

Well, I suppose the good news is that I can now very easily get every single non-CHA perk that looks even remotely interesting to me with all the perk points I won't be putting into CHA. :v:

Now my main decision will be if I want to go all-in on weapon crafting (INT 6 for Science! and Gun Nut) or just ignore that and roll with the mods I can find/buy. And also whether Idiot Savant is worth it if I'm going INT 4 for Hacking no matter what.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

grrarg posted:

Can confirm that the minimum specs are overinflated. I have an i5 2500k and a Radeon 6950 that is equivalent to or maybe a bit worse than the minimum card. I am getting 30-45fps outdoors at 1920x1080 running on High settings except for lowest AA/god rays and no SSAO.

Hmmm, anyone think my laptop can run this well enough if the specs are inflated:

Core i7-4720HQ 4-Core 2.6GHzGD
GeForce GTX 960M 2GBGD
RAM: 16GB

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

need someone to create a mod replacing the player with octodad tia

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MinibarMatchman posted:

Hmmm, anyone think my laptop can run this well enough if the specs are inflated:

Core i7-4720HQ 4-Core 2.6GHzGD
GeForce GTX 960M 2GBGD
RAM: 16GB
someone ran this game successfully at 30fps/medium on an i5 nehalem with a 560ti so you are way beyond playable

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

mackintosh posted:

This should be a sticky as a reminder to never, ever buy an SLI solution.

That's the thing though, I've had an amazing time with SLI since I got my cards a bit over a year ago. This is the first time that a game I wanted to get launched without support for it (second if you count Divinity Enhanced, but that game doesn't actually need it).

Even AC: Unity, with its many many many performance problems, had decent SLI support.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

Hmm, it's almost like totally ignoring speech as a game mechanic makes CHA a useless dump stat.

Oh, wait, I forgot, "You're mentally disabled if you use gear to meet speech checks instead of playing the game, brokenly, like Bethesda intended."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

someone ran this game successfully at 30fps/medium on an i5 nehalem with a 560ti so you are way beyond playable

oh poo poo, sounds good. I've been an idiot and relied on GameDebate for whether or not I could run things but then again, it told me no way in hell I could run Witcher 3 when I played it fine on High settings with about 35-40 FPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Holy poo poo.

I just alt-tabbed and it worked flawlessly.

A loving Bethesda game let me alt-tab.

Is this the real world? Am I dead? Somebody hold me.

• Locked thread