Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I preordered a physical copy to help out my buddy who works at a gamestop and I'm supremely jealous of all you playing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
Wife building confirmed:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
goddamnit. VPNs still getting slammed. Tried SoftEther, but like, how do I even use it. I probably downloaded the wrong thing, that download page was confusing as gently caress.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ComposerGuy posted:

I'm considering Energy Weapons for the first time ever in a Fallout game, but are they worth it? In the past they've been way too scarce or too much of a hassle to deal with that regular guns were the clearly superior option.

You get energy weapons early on and ammunition is absurdly plentiful. I had well over 1,000 rounds of energy weapon ammo by the end of the game.

(fun fact: the HUD Ammo counter only goes to 999 even if you have more.)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You get energy weapons early on and ammunition is absurdly plentiful. I had well over 1,000 rounds of energy weapon ammo by the end of the game.

(fun fact: the HUD Ammo counter only goes to 999 even if you have more.)

And they use the same perks as ballistic weapons, right? Because I've never really used energy weapons in Fallout before because I didn't want to commit to them, but this sounds like I'll actually be able to do so this time around.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

ComposerGuy posted:

I'm considering Energy Weapons for the first time ever in a Fallout game, but are they worth it? In the past they've been way too scarce or too much of a hassle to deal with that regular guns were the clearly superior option.

You don't really pick bullets vs energy in this game, you pick gun type (rifes/heavy/handguns/etc) and then level that up. You can use either type past that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

And they use the same perks as ballistic weapons, right? Because I've never really used energy weapons in Fallout before because I didn't want to commit to them, but this sounds like I'll actually be able to do so this time around.

Yes, as far as I can tell.

A tip for a stealth build: Laser Musket. Seriously. Six cranks and a stealth shot is comical amounts of damage.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
played this game for 10 minutes, realized it was the same regurgitated garbage i'd already seen in NV, and uninstalled

:shrug:

is there a way to give games you've already played away on steam?

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Whoever said that Perth is actually Singapore for vypervpn, they either fixed it or you are wrong.

It was the only Australia server I could connect to, and it's decrypting now.

Anyone who has been stuck forever unable to connect to the Sydney, Melbourne, or New Zealand servers, try Perth now, it works.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Mouse sensitivity seems weird. X and Y have different speeds and I think there's some mouse acceleration.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Hashtag GBS posted:

played this game for 10 minutes, realized it was the same regurgitated garbage i'd already seen in NV, and uninstalled

If you only played it for ten minutes, you can get a refund.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hashtag GBS posted:

No, but you can easily get a refund if you only played for 10 minutes.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Hashtag GBS posted:

tell us what other disabilities you have besides crippling cynicism

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Hashtag GBS posted:

You can put in a support request if you've played less than two hours and get a refund.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

anatomi posted:

Mouse sensitivity seems weird. X and Y have different speeds and I think there's some mouse acceleration.

in settings turn controller to OFF. seemed to nix the mouse acceleration for me

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Seems like enough people were doing the VPN that the servers are full, damnit.

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Judakel posted:

If you only played it for ten minutes, you can get a refund.

ModeSix posted:

You can put in a support request if you've played less than two hours and get a refund.

thanks guys i forgot about that entirely

Cession posted:

tell us what other disabilities you have besides crippling cynicism

awww sorry i dont like your game :(

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

Hashtag GBS posted:

Hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7OnW4XDck

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hashtag GBS posted:

Lol gee whiz!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hashtag GBS posted:

awww sorry i dont like your game :(

Don't have opinions that differ from mine.

It triggers me.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Am I missing it, or is HOW TO EXIT THE POWER ARMOR HIDDEN FROM MY loving FACE?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why are people falling for a low-effort troll? I would have figured the New Vegas thing would have given it away by itself.

Jebediah posted:

Am I missing it, or is HOW TO EXIT THE POWER ARMOR HIDDEN FROM MY loving FACE?

I don't know how it is on PC but on PS4 you just hold down X. So try holding down whatever button you press to confirm maybe?

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012

Mistikman posted:

Whoever said that Perth is actually Singapore for vypervpn, they either fixed it or you are wrong.

It was the only Australia server I could connect to, and it's decrypting now.

Anyone who has been stuck forever unable to connect to the Sydney, Melbourne, or New Zealand servers, try Perth now, it works.

I just tried this and you're right; it's not Singapore anymore.

It's actually Japan (which still doesn't work). Guess you were lucky.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Whee, just got shipping notification from Best Buy. I can't wait to sell the pip-boy for $200-300 on ebay :toot:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Can you mod Unarmed weapons? I didn't see a perk for it, is it under the "melee mods" perk?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

in settings turn controller to OFF. seemed to nix the mouse acceleration for me
Didn't work for me, but adding bMouseAcceleration=0 to [Controls] in Fallout4Prefs.ini fixed it.
Also setting fMouseHeadingYScale=.041 instead of .021 made X and Y behave more synchronized.

These are exactly the same mouse problems as in Skyrim.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Can you mod Unarmed weapons? I didn't see a perk for it, is it under the "melee mods" perk?

You can mod Power Fists at least. They're under the melee weapon mods.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Soral posted:

the game is designed to be played by small children and the mentally impaired so if youre thinking about "builds" and "planning" going in youre already putting more thought into character creation than anyone at bethesda did

this doesn't even make sense, the scaling in oblivion/fo3/skyrim was such that it's actually pretty easy to completely gently caress yourself over by being a noob to how videogames work or trying to do something like maxing talk skills or crafting first

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ImpAtom posted:

They're under the melee weapon mods.

I am ok with this.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there a Katana in the base game? As I'm just gonna rush that hanzo steel.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
How do you put your weapon away (on PC)?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FauxGateau posted:

Not that i encountered. Chinese Officer Swords are probably the closest.

Darkrenown posted:

How do you put your weapon away (on PC)?

On PS4 it's hold down reload button. Try that?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Cool.
Quit out after leaving the vault to grab a drink and when I loaded it up again there was a different loading video - this time it was an animated perception tutorial. Looks like there is at least one per SPECIAL stat.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

lmao, don't try to change your fov to something that won't make you puke folks, checkout the UI

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've been kinda anxious how well my system will run it, I have GTX 960 (4GB) with i5-2500 3.3ghz and 8GB. If anything the CPU could be a bottleneck but I'm hearing good things about optimization, so I'm hoping I'll get the actual game soon.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
So what's the deal with different factions and reputations and stuff? Is there a lot of freedom of choice in how you handle that? Is there a lot of freedom in how to solve quests?

I guess this game called 'New Vegas', which did stuff like that, being mysteriously absent in most reviews says it all really. :3:

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
Anyone else having trouble getting the game to run in fullscreen? Crashes every time. I haven't patched or anything if there is one out.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FauxGateau posted:

behold

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Anyone having luck with VPNs, they all seem to be flooded or down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Avast you beautfiul 7 day trial bastard. Also, is this how easy using a VPN is even if youre paying for a real opne? I thought, it was like, an ordeal. thought i was going to have to mess with ip addresses or router poo poo or whatever.

• Locked thread