Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011
Edited a few videos, one of which is pretty old.

AhrimanPK posted:

I spent the download time editing videos. Here's some classic Classic Fascist/WOOP interaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6wnKO8YYnQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b9f3I2X3Ps

Sard posted:

How's the premium A7M? It's so cheap and good looking, I might get it instead of buying more eagles for the tiny Russian Rocket Racer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ivr8JYuV1E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

I just had a game with a Panzerwerfer

it never left our spawn but it was pretty neat to hear the rockets from halfway across the map and see several "wtf is that noise" in team chat

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Thanks for the replies. I had a lightswitch moment when some goons got onto mumble and started climbing, I was like wtf how because I was losing speed from 350kmh but I kept at it and stabilized at 270ish. I didn't realise that would happen, I thought speed down meant I'd eventually stall at that angle.

What do you do against a heavy bomber who's circling his runway, sitting in AAA as the last guy left?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Pray the RNG AAA don't get you and ram the fucker with guns blazing while going as fast as possible.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there anywhere that lists the major or possibly minor differences between the t-34's?
They all appear extremely similar with a couple ones having different guns.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Vadoc posted:

Pray the RNG AAA don't get you and ram the fucker with guns blazing while going as fast as possible.

It killed like 3-4 of us :(

Looks like the games down or something, getting "all battle servers are busy"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fauxtool posted:

is there anywhere that lists the major or possibly minor differences between the t-34's?

That's pretty much exactly it. Higher BR just means they play with bigger threats while having bigger guns and/or armor. The Soviets found near perfection for that era of warfare in the T-34 and quickly realized it, so they just churned out more with what improvements they could make.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

It killed like 3-4 of us :(

Looks like the games down or something, getting "all battle servers are busy"

Yeah, the AAA can be really bullshit at times, ranging from being completely ineffective to somehow sniping your pilot from 3-5km away with the first hit.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vadoc posted:

Yeah, the AAA can be really bullshit at times, ranging from being completely ineffective to somehow sniping your pilot from 3-5km away with the first hit.

still not as insane as destroyers used to be

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Fauxtool posted:

Among the 76 mm tanks:
The most important differences are reinforcement of the MG and driver armor, faster reload on the 1942, and reduction of a weakspot on early models where the upper and lower front plates meet. The 1940 version is also stuck with the crappier BR-350A ammo.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Vadoc posted:

Spoilers: airfield AAA is set to "really bullshit" at all times.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Griz posted:

I just had a game with a Panzerwerfer

it never left our spawn but it was pretty neat to hear the rockets from halfway across the map and see several "wtf is that noise" in team chat

As someone who played Company of Heroes, I immediately recognized that sound and thought, "Aww poo poo. poo poo, poo poo."

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

It would've been hilarious of any of the randomly fired rockets actually killed someone.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I loving love my Mk Vc.

Edit: 79000 lions from a single match. I think that beats anything else I've ever done in this game.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 9, 2015

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

BBJoey posted:

Spoilers: airfield AAA is set to "really bullshit" at all times.

It's almost reliably so. In AB I've regularly seen dudes getting to the airfield unopposed get wrecked by AAA. It's happened to me even. Still sometimes they pull that bullshit and sometimes 20+ of them watch one plane execute them serially.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

The Assault Fuse right now has become impact triggering, so something is not right and the Tech Mods have investigated that issue and passed it on to the Devs...
lmao they couldn't even get their retarded divebomb-ruining change to work. good job team.

anyway I'll be grinding golden wagers in good planes (eg 109 G-2s, Spitfire XIVs, Yak 3 VK-107s maybe???) for the next while if anyone wants to join me. pro's only!!!! I will be checking your thunderskill (tm) rating to check if you are pro enough to fly with the big boys. however if you are a cool enough dude on mumble you will also be allowed to join. peace.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Fauxtool posted:

still not as insane as destroyers used to be

To be fair, that was only for a few weeks over a year ago. Yeah, it was annoying as poo poo though that Destroyer guns suddenly grew laser guided.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I enjoyed cresting a hill and then being wrecked as 8 lasers tore me apart within .5s of showing

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Skoll posted:

The decal size nerf was seriously probably the most retardedly unnecessary thing Gaijin has done.

In a couple of patches, "NEW XL SIZE DECALS - all your favorite decals, supersized, only 250 GE's each!"

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

golden wager grinding is cancelled forever because gaijin sucks rear end.

ps here is a video guide on how two kill a p51, I hope it helps you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss-l2LeN-pw

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Trip report: P-38E is amazing at 3.3 and I'll not hear otherwise. I've killed so many dumb fuckers who think I fly like a BF110 or that don't think I can reach them out to 1.2km and fly straight to get away from me. It's flight model is also wonky right now with a redline higher than a P-51D, compresses at 650kph IAS though.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
What was the point of making you hold the repair button to initiate it?

:f5: "Repair my tank"
:v: "What?"
:f5:"Reeeeeeeeeepair myyyyyyyyyy taaaaaaaaaaaaank!"
:v: "That's better!"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I think the people who cry "the A13 is a bad tank" are the bad ones. It is vulnerable and needs spalling crewshots to get things done, the side armour is only visual but only bad luck and bad decisions keep you from doing well. Slotted it with the Britcat and faced T34s with great success, topping the scores against all but two T34 squadders on the other team. Brit tanks will be alright if you are alright.

Then I head out for BTD grinding towards the P38L and who taps me for killstealking his ground targets if not a lawnmoving XP38G :smith:

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVaxM61fo4Y

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 9, 2015

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blistex posted:

You can still do a brief tap and it works as well.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Blistex posted:

What I don't like is the forced repair when a track gets blown off. gently caress you no I don't want to stop I want to turn before I get murdered.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

ded posted:

What I don't like is the forced repair when a track gets blown off. gently caress you no I don't want to stop I want to turn before I get murdered.

If you press a key to move it cancels the track repair and moves :v:

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sard posted:

If you press a key to move it cancels the track repair and moves :v:

What's hosed up with that is that you can only go forward, not backwards, so you can only turn yourself one way.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So what happened to the enviromental destruction that was to be implemented into the Berlin Ground Forces map in this patch. Did it actually make it and does it do the previews justice? I haven't ended up on the Reichstag map since the patch hit, and also am not playing that much ground forces anymore since said patch anyway... but I'd still love to get some info on how that feature turned out.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feindfeuer posted:

So what happened to the enviromental destruction that was to be implemented into the Berlin Ground Forces map in this patch. Did it actually make it and does it do the previews justice? I haven't ended up on the Reichstag map since the patch hit, and also am not playing that much ground forces anymore since said patch anyway... but I'd still love to get some info on how that feature turned out.

It really is pretty great. But yeah sadly reichstag only and I think partially on the two new maps but not as good.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Feindfeuer posted:

I blew up an empty ruined building by dropping an artillery strike near it! It didn't change game much. That's my environmental destruction story.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Is it the stock syndrome hitting me hard or should the two T4 P38s maybe not be 4.7?

e: survey says arbritrary dumb :gaijin: +1.0 BR fuckups with datasheets, P38G climbrates were measured on fuckall fuel, later 38s measured with top load

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 9, 2015

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MrLonghair posted:

Is it the stock syndrome hitting me hard or should the two T4 P38s maybe not be 4.7?

They seem pretty bad.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

MrLonghair posted:

e: survey says arbritrary dumb :gaijin: +1.0 BR fuckups with datasheets, P38G climbrates were measured on fuckall fuel, later 38s measured with top load

Still better than Me 410s.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

They seem pretty bad.
It's got fun rollrates like a pre-realistic FM Chaika. Just noticed it's on early M2 .50cal belts meaning no all-APIT flamethrowing, out of the crewslot it goes.

FaustianQ posted:

Still better than Me 410s.
A stock 410 doesn't get to watch its T2 equivalents outrun, outclimb, outeverything it :smith:

Oh well

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 10, 2015

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
How do you find the A13? In test drives it felt like a fat and stiff BT-7.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Roumba posted:

How do you find the A13? In test drives it felt like a fat and stiff BT-7.

It really does drive like a fat stiff BT-7, real kind about hitting top speeds in mere seconds no matter the ground conditions, turns and corners like a pain in the rear end (BT-7) but will speedcap once you learn it, hits hard enough to murder T34 and above when you learn how to aim and position yourself. I have no problem taking it up into 3.7 and beyond matches scoring kills to take me into a plane.

e: if the Android app is correct it'll go for 400GE when the regular tree is out, that and 15 days of premium makes an acceptable deal, I wanted premium and to prepare with a brit-tree grinder.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 10, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I haven't bought one to play in actual gameplay, but I messed with it in the test course. The A13 has an incredible gun on it and takes off like a rocket, it just doesn't turn very well and has 1.7 BR armor. In short it's not a sports car like the BT-7, it's a drag racer.

It also hits like a freight train. It's AP slug will tear through Panther side armor with ease. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about British armor at the time but from the sample we got it seems that British tanks are gonna be a nightmare for Gaijin to balance since they seem to have crazy-powerful guns on them as a standard feature.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Teal posted:

You can still do a brief tap and it works as well.

I find I have to hold it down for about 3-5 seconds or else it doesn't take and asks me to repair all over again.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I really hate the IS-2, it's awful for my playstyle of rushing the flanks and no matter how you point it your opponents have really obvious flat armor to shoot at. Would I be better off just skipping it now that I've got the T-44 and the T-34-100 unlocked? Leary about having to fight post-war tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I think I'm done with this game for a while.

I've played about 20 matches since the 1.53 patch and the breakdown is as follows.

~2 I've played to the end successfully with no issues.
~4 I've had no connection issues, but FPS will go from 40-50's to single digits on and off for the rest of the match.
All of the rest have been 999 ping after ~30 seconds and I get booted 4-5 minutes into the match.

I so wanted to blow up rocket tanks.

• Locked thread