Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BobbyK posted:

There is nothing funnier to me than knowing when all is said and done, Howard Stern ended up marrying a cat lady.

https://instagram.com/bethostern/

Holy. poo poo.

If you don't like cats you're a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

That reminds me, is that Allegiance play actually worth anything or is it just a huge George Takei vanity project?

Was wondering the same thing. Walked through Times Square for the first time in a while and was really surprised to see that it had actually made it to Broadway.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, can anyone who has it and knowledge of his daughter put her through the wack packer test?

Regular callers like Pittsburgh Pete and Marianne from Brooklyn couldn't clear the hurdle, there's no way his kids would.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

If you horde animals you are broken inside.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
What is the wack packer test and did Riley pass it?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dr.Caligari posted:

What is the wack packer test and did Riley pass it?

It was this thing a listener put together that assigned points for possessing specific traits or descriptions. Howard decided the cutoff for wack packer was anything over 10 points and the maximum I think was 40. Eric had a nearly perfect score and the only thing he (supposedly) failed was making GBS threads his pants as an adult.

It was fairly good at doing what it did, actually. Some regulars that were weird but not wack packers couldn't hit 10 points, people you know for a fact are wack packers easily hit the mark. Your prototypical wack packers(Beet, ETM, HPE, Jeff, etc) scored highest and the lesser wack packers scored lower.

It's a great bit and Eric gets furious despite being almost the perfect definition of a wack packer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7GO3NhVjvk

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 10, 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BobbyK posted:

If you horde animals you are broken inside.

Ehh they have the means to take care of a ton of cats. This isn't your typical hoarder situation...

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

JB50 posted:

Looking good Howie:

I really get that Howard doesn't want to dress like an old man, but you get to an age where trying to dress super hip makes you look exactly like this picture: wannabe sk8rboi clothes with an old man head screwed on top. How about some sharp high end suits? He's tall and skinny and has access to some top tier tailors. Maybe in his mind "suits" are everything he's battled against in his life but gently caress it, he's already become what he's detested. Might as well look dignified.

Fuckin' Ralph.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Yeah, he must have poo poo his pants as an adult. He's wasn't capable of not making GBS threads in his pants without help and I can't imagine those bowels worked well. I supposed he doesn't get the point because he was smart enough not to admit it.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

JB50 posted:

Looking good Howie:

This honestly has to be the worst photo of him I've ever seen.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JB50 posted:

Looking good Howie:

Looks like one of those wax sculptures from that museum

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

Ehh they have the means to take care of a ton of cats. This isn't your typical hoarder situation...

How many cats does it take to fill the child sized void in Beth's heart though?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Snark posted:

I really get that Howard doesn't want to dress like an old man, but you get to an age where trying to dress super hip makes you look exactly like this picture: wannabe sk8rboi clothes with an old man head screwed on top. How about some sharp high end suits? He's tall and skinny and has access to some top tier tailors. Maybe in his mind "suits" are everything he's battled against in his life but gently caress it, he's already become what he's detested. Might as well look dignified.

Fuckin' Ralph.

He wears suits all the time, that's the thing. And yea, he looks fantastic in them. He's just clinging onto what he was and since he has no real friends there's nobody to push him towards dressing his age.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I'm real behind on shows, but Howard just bragged that he went to Starbucks all by himself. And then bragged that his wife was proud and impressed for him for doing so. Wow, really, congrats Howie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6i-7Jg_4Dk

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Crotch Bat posted:

It was this thing a listener put together that assigned points for possessing specific traits or descriptions. Howard decided the cutoff for wack packer was anything over 10 points and the maximum I think was 40. Eric had a nearly perfect score and the only thing he (supposedly) failed was making GBS threads his pants as an adult.

It was fairly good at doing what it did, actually. Some regulars that were weird but not wack packers couldn't hit 10 points, people you know for a fact are wack packers easily hit the mark. Your prototypical wack packers(Beet, ETM, HPE, Jeff, etc) scored highest and the lesser wack packers scored lower.

It's a great bit and Eric gets furious despite being almost the perfect definition of a wack packer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7GO3NhVjvk

He gets so out of breath when he is angry :allears:

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
The real keys to fashion are a combination of solid black, barely giving a gently caress, and a liberal dusting of white powder which I'm sure is just laundry detergent

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Actually it's a Columbia Records t-shirt with a John Oates haircut and mustache.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Snark posted:

The real keys to fashion are a combination of solid black, barely giving a gently caress, and a liberal dusting of white powder which I'm sure is just laundry detergent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvleQUqbaZw

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 10, 2015

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Riosan posted:

Actually it's a Columbia Records t-shirt with a John Oates haircut and mustache.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Riosan posted:

How terrible. George seems like such a nice guy.

Every time George is in, it's like playing to a hot audience because he actually laughs at bits. When Howard and Robin are alone, segments will sometimes feel flat because Howard can't really laugh at his own jokes and Robin just uses laughter as punctuation. When George is added to the mix, he offers genuine feedback that makes the show feel fun. I also love that he's still real and down to Earth, like last Monday revealing that he jerks off instead of having sex with Brad because it's just easier and freely and casually admitting that he was only doing Star Trek conventions before he met them and that it was the that show made people recognize him as George Takei rather than Sulu.

I don't drink the George Takei kool-aid enough to follow his silly social media presence or see Allegiance, but I'm a big fan of him on the show.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

moot the hopple posted:

Every time George is in, it's like playing to a hot audience because he actually laughs at bits. When Howard and Robin are alone, segments will sometimes feel flat because Howard can't really laugh at his own jokes and Robin just uses laughter as punctuation. When George is added to the mix, he offers genuine feedback that makes the show feel fun. I also love that he's still real and down to Earth, like last Monday revealing that he jerks off instead of having sex with Brad because it's just easier and freely and casually admitting that he was only doing Star Trek conventions before he met them and that it was the that show made people recognize him as George Takei rather than Sulu.

I don't drink the George Takei kool-aid enough to follow his silly social media presence or see Allegiance, but I'm a big fan of him on the show.

The Netfix documentary is worth checking out.

George never really need the convention money it seems. Back in the early 80s he was a board member of a bank that specialized in supplying the local Asian community with business loans. Seems he made the bulk of his fortune doing that.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
That Emily Stern article is what happens when you never make your kid work at a dry cleaners, restaurant, or some other minimum wage job when they are 16.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

hello hello

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

when I look at that I can smell the cigarette smoke and bad breath.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

BobbyK posted:

I remember him making fun of Gary because he let the dog sleep in the bed with him.

Cut to: https://instagram.com/p/9uCiLCofGX/?taken-by=bethostern

I mean, LOL at the hypocrisy, but good lord those are some cute rear end kittens :kimchi:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Lol you can see where Artie pinched the shirt to save the coke he dropped on his big fat belly.

I would expect nothing less from a pro.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mcmagic posted:

people who like cats are broke-brained and feminine

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Snark posted:

That shirt looks like when you find a picture of Jesus in a slice of toast.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Howard: Jeff's would play ANY role. He'd play the ocean, if that was a part.
Fred (as Jeff): Atlantic, or Patsific?
Howard: Atlantic.
Fred: Ok... *WHOOOSH! WHOOOSH*
Robin: I wonder what the Pacific would sound like.
Fred: *woosh*.

-----

Howard: Eric, why do you argue with all of these people on Twitter?
Eric: I'm I-rish, we're kno-wn for figh-ting. But I ca-n't fight with my f-ists, so I figh-t with my words.

-----

That, to me, is one of the dumbest things ETM has ever said. Like, anyone else saying it could sell it, but not Eric. It's the same sort of thing as how he said he's a method actor, so he wouldn't do gay roles. Uh huh. THAT's why.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 10, 2015

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

That, to me, is one of the dumbest things ETM has ever said. Like, anyone else saying it could sell it, but not Eric. It's the same sort of thing as how he said he's a method actor, so he wouldn't do gay roles. Uh huh. THAT's why.

He was too perfect for this fallen world.

poo poo, I gotta load the ETM packs onto my new phone.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He would still look ridiculous, but Howard's posture in that picture is the posture of a broken man. Slumped shoulders, droopy head, not even a hint of a smile... I don't think he'd look nearly as bad if he was standing straight up and had a smile on his face.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

JB50 posted:

Looking good Howie:

I guess this is what happens when you're surrounded by yes-people. He looks like a mop with a wig.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Also, Jackie Martling was on Arties podcast. Anything good said?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

To me it just sounds like something his mom told him

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ribsauce posted:

That Emily Stern article is what happens when you never make your kid work at a dry cleaners, restaurant, or some other minimum wage job when they are 16.

Or a pitsa-ria.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

It's the same sort of thing as how he said he's a method actor, so he wouldn't do gay roles. Uh huh. THAT's why.

I was always frustrated with John Strauss and the other people involved in ETM getting acting work. I know they'd chide him with gay roles, but I think it would have been fun to make him have to give a monologue as an audition. Like, instead of just reading for a three line part, wait for him to insist he was an actor again and go "Okay, give us a performance. We'll email you a list of Shakespearean soliloquies, choose one and we'll audition you next week."

Howard grazed this concept when he told someone "No, see, Eric doesn't wanna do any actual hard work or learn his craft or anything", and Eric didn't protest this suggestion because its right. He just wanted to be given things. Should've made him jump some more hoops. It would've been fun to see the little mutant try to come up with reasons he can't do it. I never got the email, this character kills somebody in this play so I won't, ect. ect.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

cumshitter posted:

Lol you can see where Artie pinched the shirt to save the coke he dropped on his big fat belly.

I would expect nothing less from a pro.

I think it's heroin, Artie said he was doing heroin at Howard's wedding. Not that it matters much either way.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Speaking of being 'method', that whole argument falls apart immediately (because of course it does) when you consider the fact that he played both a landlord and a homeless guy.

Did he experiment with both owning property, and not having any to his name?

EDIT: I know a lot of people find that Johnny was bad radio when it came to all-things ETM-related, but I actually really hate Gonzo. Like... I get what he's trying to do, but I just can't stand all of the lame (yet successful) attempts at getting Eric all riled up.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 10, 2015

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
I do love that Bob Leftsetz came on and trashed Sirius and their guests. Said the Sirius app was trash, and that Alanis Morissette hadn't had a hit in 15 years and got into "touchy feely crap" and that Christie Brinkley was lying about Uptown Girl being about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

EDIT: I know a lot of people find that Johnny was bad radio when it came to all-things ETM-related, but I actually really hate Gonzo. Like... I get what he's trying to do, but I just can't stand all of the lame (yet successful) attempts at getting Eric all riled up.

But that was the whole point, it didn't take much. It wasn't even low hanging fruit; Gonzo was just scooping it up off the ground.

musclecoder posted:

I do love that Bob Leftsetz came on and trashed Sirius and their guests. Said the Sirius app was trash, and that Alanis Morissette hadn't had a hit in 15 years and got into "touchy feely crap" and that Christie Brinkley was lying about Uptown Girl being about her.

I actually really liked the Sirius app, and I miss it. It sucked at first, but over time they introduced a lot features that I really liked.

As for Uptown Girl, she was the 'Uptown Girl' in the video, and then she married him... I'm not sure how much more proof you could need.