Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Yeah we'll deal with bucket head guy someday, it'll be a while before that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Fardy is definitely doing more damage than I would've expected.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

curiousCat posted:

Fardy is definitely doing more damage than I would've expected.

to be fair he hits with a truck

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
What's the song that plays during the scene between Brad and Rick?

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Which one, the flashback Ep4? Or the confrontation in Ep5? The Ep4 flashback is called "Ode to the Oblivious."

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

ApeHawk posted:

Laser Agar is actually based on a streamer named Fraser Agar, whom the creator of this game is a fan of, so much so that he even made a special demo to play for their show.

I can't believe Fraser has fans.

Edit: Actually you know what that explains a lot

Robust Laser fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 10, 2015

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

thevoiceofdog posted:

Which one, the flashback Ep4? Or the confrontation in Ep5? The Ep4 flashback is called "Ode to the Oblivious."

The confrontation. I went through the soundtrack on youtube, but I guess I missed it. Really fit the scene though, my blood ran cold watching it.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I actually have no idea, it doesn't seem to be on the soundtrack. It might be in the game files somewhere.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Ah shoot, thanks anyway.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
That one's in the game files as "Death's Call.ogg" in the same folder as ambiences the game uses. It is itself a very slow, soft organ version of The Sireen's Call, the same song that plays at the intro to the LP videos.

The Sireen's Call is both creepy and beautiful, and dates back to LISA: The First.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tallgrass Tussle is another great track we heard in this update.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
...Woooowwww.

So the Joy guy just grabs a team member at random and it's their life or your arm? And Russian Roullette?

You know what gets to me most is that you don't see Nern or Rage or the other guy whose name I keep forgetting protesting this. No trying to tell a story to stall, or throw a suplex//deer, they leave their fate in Brad's hands or don't protest when they're being volunteered for this sickness. I mean, that's *probably* just how the game mechanics work out but it could be read as them just... well, accepting that this is the kind of poo poo that goes on, and it's now their turn to roll the dice. THAT'S how hosed up all this is, that they're aware of it.

Although maybe that's just me. When I watched the husband come home to his "wife", I nearly shouted at Youtube "Quick, Brad! Pretend you're a burglar!!!"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TKMobile posted:

Although maybe that's just me. When I watched the husband come home to his "wife", I nearly shouted at Youtube "Quick, Brad! Pretend you're a burglar!!!"
Pretend?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Voice of Dog is a better man than I, I would have probably sacrificed Nern. Though I would have probably given up any non-Olan members of my group (guess who I took to endgame).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'd have held on to Nern, he's just too good at supporting for me to give him up. Turning on all your TP characters seems like a pretty powerful and unique ability, at least at this point. Rage, Beastborn, or Mad Dog I would probably all give up, though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, weirdly Nern might be the most valuable character in the party right now, he's the worst guy to be picked out there.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, weirdly Nern might be the most valuable character in the party right now, he's the worst guy to be picked out there.
The worst thing is, Nern will almost always be the one picked to potentially die. He's not the best offense but he's an essential support character.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the person picked is always the first nonbrad person in your party, so its a pretty good chance at this point that's going to be nern

Afraid of Audio fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 10, 2015

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Afraid of Audio posted:

the person picked is always the first nonbrad person in your party, so its a pretty good chance at this point its a pretty good chance that's going to be nern

So you could game the system by putting a guy you don't need in front? I mean, it doesn't seem like losing an arm has really slowed Brad down much, but people who like to keep on all their limbs might want to avoid it.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
basically, but who needs an arm anyway

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Blastinus posted:

So you could game the system by putting a guy you don't need in front? I mean, it doesn't seem like losing an arm has really slowed Brad down much, but people who like to keep on all their limbs might want to avoid it.

I did this with Rage (sorry Rage).

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Tallgrass tussle is my favorite track in the game.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, Buzzo always grabs the second party member. When I ran into him, he grabbed Terry, and I had to take a break from the game and steel myself to give up Terry this time after giving up all my stuff to keep him around last time. gently caress Terry.

I was so resigned to losing Terry that I stripped all his equipment and put Percy in his place before going back to face Buzzo again. It was a bit of a surprise when Buzzo decided to grab Percy and butcher him instead.

Seriously though, gently caress Terry.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This is a very odd game. Will there ever be an explanation for the mutants?

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Samovar posted:

This is a very odd game. Will there ever be an explanation for the mutants?

This is a game set in the post-apocolypse. Of course there will always be mutants, and the answer will always be SCIENCE!

Nuclear Spill, Radioactive Decay or Genetic Mutation.

Take your pick.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Vaya con dios, Rage, may flights of angels tope suicida thee to thy rest. I liked your attack animations.

Lookin good, Fragglar. Lookin real good.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That intro was more horrifying then anything in the game.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Golden Goat posted:

That intro was more horrifying then anything in the game.

Wrong. It's the best part of the LP so far. Call me, Fragglar ;)

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
gently caress Rage.

May he rot in hell.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Rando seems like a cool guy, I'd hang out with him.

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

Afraid of Audio posted:

to be fair he hits with a truck

One can say he hits like a truck.

Afraid of Audio posted:

the person picked is always the first nonbrad person in your party, so its a pretty good chance at this point that's going to be nern

Yeah, lets just say I was happy to let Terry go at this point.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
What I want to know is what Rando was doing with that huge loving truckload of bodies.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

What I want to know is what Rando was doing with that huge loving truckload of bodies.
They're all organ donors. A bunch of people are getting new kidneys and livers thanks to that nice guy Rando.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
I also wanted to get some feedback about the reading I did during the tower of patience. Was it funny? Would people want to hear more? Was it worth extending the tower of patience by like two minutes? Because there's a lot more where that came from if so.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

What do you think 'Rando Rations' are made of?

mauman posted:

gently caress Rage.

May he rot in hell.

Yeah, I'm... not a fan of him myself, for spoilerish reasons. Thinking we may be on the same page with this one.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

thevoiceofdog posted:

I also wanted to get some feedback about the reading I did during the tower of patience. Was it funny? Would people want to hear more? Was it worth extending the tower of patience by like two minutes? Because there's a lot more where that came from if so.

I really liked that bit, and the story you were reading was very, very fitting to LISA's world.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

thevoiceofdog posted:

I think I listened to a minute of it and skipped ahead. It wasn't my thing. The rest of it is pretty good though!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

thevoiceofdog posted:

In order:

- Yes
- Yes, if we happen upon another appropriate place for something like that
- I guess?? I kinda think you shoulda had it as the proper length but making us have to be even more patient so could wrap up the story was funny too, do it at your discretion

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

What do you think 'Rando Rations' are made of?

Yeech. Well, that explains why the Rando garrison we encountered earlier was under orders from Rando not to start any poo poo for no reason. Can't have anybody get slaughtered without a soldier around who knows how to field-dress a carcass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

thevoiceofdog posted:

Not gonna lie. I liked the joke at first, but by the end when the guru or whatever piped up I was a little disappointed because the story stopped.

• Locked thread