Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So has anyone ever had this happen?:

- I was running around with a battery and the dead sea scrolls because it's hilarious to drop it in every room, and then I managed to get my hands on a horse.
- I flew one of the half-moon rooms and found two devil crates, popped 'em open - Guppy's head and a goat's head.
- I grabbed Gubby's, activated it for the extra flies, then grabbed the goat, got back on my horse, and flew out.

The result: Every few shots in combat I'd spawn another fly, despite dropping Gubby's head and having no fly spawning items. Given I had the minimush+cancer, toxic tears and rubber cement, this resulted in /hundreds/ of flies spawning around me to the point I'd have to stop firing and move in to let the flies do the work just to clear them out without crashing the game.

Needless to say I cakewalked to the end of the game with this, it was already a good setup and the fact the flies just KEPT COMING in mass quantities made short work of literally everything.

Is this a known bug? I'm not even sure what part of what I did triggered it.

ED: The oddest part is the "flys apawn on attack" isn't even the behavior of Guppy's Head, but ANOTHER fly item, and not nearly at this rate. I don't know what the hell happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Had you grabbed two other Guppy items previously? Did you now look like a cat?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/664208121057841152 Well, this might happen?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

To circumvent this speed runners are required to use a RPG save file lol. especially important when it comes to things like races.

Not people who are speedingrunning RPG runs.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Well, rest in peace, Eve.

But seriously, I'm curious at what Edmund is going to do for her. Paper Clip is a neat little buff for Cain and fits with the Thief motif he filled in the planning stages of BOI.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh my god eve is gonna start out with the holy mantle and/or razor, isn't she?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Sounds to me like you got the Guppy transformation. Happens when you've touched 3 Guppy items; you don't need to hold them all at once and you cannot lose the transformation once you have it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Edit: nvm

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Edit: nvm

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 10, 2015

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DraconicImpulse posted:

Sounds to me like you got the Guppy transformation. Happens when you've touched 3 Guppy items; you don't need to hold them all at once and you cannot lose the transformation once you have it.

Ah. I've seen that before, but I was under so many layers of crap (and grabbed the goathead seconds later) that I didn't notice I transformed visually; it was hard to tell what exactly was going on with the monster poor Samson turned into.

I thought I had only touched two (I did have the paw earlier and had forgotten entirely until you mentioned it) but I bet this makes a lot of sense. Guess it wasn't a bug after all!

ED: Holy poo poo am I out of the loop. An expansion dropped? gently caress yes!

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 11, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IMJack posted:

Fun fact: Lilith's Incubus is an intrinsic part of her and isn't considered an item. This means it can't be rerolled away. It also means you can pick up a second Incubus.

that is really nice to know because I always avoid reroll options out of fear of screwing myself over

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Almost definitely, since it's one of her unlocks and all.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
If I get Pin in a small room one more time I'm making GBS threads in a box and sending it to Ed. God drat.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Red Mundus posted:

If I get Pin in a small room one more time I'm making GBS threads in a box and sending it to Ed. God drat.

I got Haunt in a small room a couple times while trying to complete the Speed! challenge.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
This isn't even loving funny. I still don't have boss russ finished with judas on my afterbirth file, which should be easy. Twice now I've had a perfect setup to do boss rush and both times curse of the blind on depths II and I pick up cursed eye from boss rush. gently caress.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I picked up the negative as Lilith and then went to the cathedral by habit

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Ryuga Death posted:

Do I just keep restarting greed mode until I run into gnawed leaf?

If you don't want to play the character, but still want its unlocks, why not just download an RPG save?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

I picked up the negative as Lilith and then went to the cathedral by habit

I do this and basically the opposite on accident all the time. I can't wait to finish up my boss unlocks on my new save so I can stop getting the Polaroid when I need to clear the dark room.

Didn't Ed say he was removing this requirement? It seems like a pretty easy fix to have been cut because they didn't have time to implement it or whatever.

Xenogenesis posted:

If you don't want to play the character, but still want its unlocks, why not just download an RPG save?

Because then you don't keep your stats and regular unlock progress or sense of actually doing it even if you did just cheese it?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Man it feels good to be able to kill both Hush and Mega Satan in one run.

It feels even better when I'm given a Chaos Card right before Hush as well. :getin:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cool, picking up technology as Lilith does absolutely nothing except massively lower your damage. I didn't expect it to do anything special, really, but I also didn't expect it to not only do nothing but also still have its secondary effect applied anyway. I was having a real good run too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jibo posted:

I do this and basically the opposite on accident all the time. I can't wait to finish up my boss unlocks on my new save so I can stop getting the Polaroid when I need to clear the dark room.

Didn't Ed say he was removing this requirement? It seems like a pretty easy fix to have been cut because they didn't have time to implement it or whatever.

man I hope so because it's kinda annoying. hell I don't think you should have to unlock the chest/dark room at all. wish you didn't have to beat the game over and over again before you could actually get to the end

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
My last run I spent about 30 minutes hunting down Dad's Key to enable a Hush and Mega Satan clear - they gave me Fetus, Glitter Bombs, and Bombs-inside-Bombs in the Chest so I kind of had to. I also picked up the Blank Card to help with Jera runes, but it totally disappeared before I could ever use it - I went from having it to not having a spacebar item. Any ideas?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sanctum posted:

This isn't even loving funny. I still don't have boss russ finished with judas on my afterbirth file, which should be easy. Twice now I've had a perfect setup to do boss rush and both times curse of the blind on depths II and I pick up cursed eye from boss rush. gently caress.
actually that's pretty funny

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did Ed accidentally give everyone permanent Fanny pack or something? I've been getting items(hearts, coins, ect.) on hit with every character despite not having an item that would cause it.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

RatHat posted:

Did Ed accidentally give everyone permanent Fanny pack or something? I've been getting items(hearts, coins, ect.) on hit with every character despite not having an item that would cause it.

Pretty sure this has been happening to me today too, weird.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Welp I didn't realize you couldn't go back to the rest of the level if you enter a Black Market. So much for Mom and the Negative.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

RatHat posted:

Welp I didn't realize you couldn't go back to the rest of the level if you enter a Black Market. So much for Mom and the Negative.

Sure you can, unless it's been changed recently

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

MrL_JaKiri posted:

You still can but I think if you can teleport there and not be able to exit because of not having found a ladder down to it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The door back was closed for me. Do you have to bomb it?

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Finally managed to clear boss rush and Hush with blue baby on hard.

First time fighting Hush too, that thing does not gently caress around. Would have been easier if I knew how to use the Chaos card... :downsgun:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BillmasterCozb posted:

Money's on Razor for Eve and Holy Mantle for oh poo poo The Lost just became a playable character from the get-go oh gently caress

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lost getting the HM would be so great it would be absurd. He wouldn't be my favorite character but he'd be SO MUCH more playable.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Apparently crashing during a daily run means you don't get to continue or try again? I crashed on Depths 2 of today's daily, when entering the locked room in the south wing. I suspect it's because I was holding the 'NO!' trinket?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Sometimes the game is just handing you a win. Greed Mode with Eden, starting with Brimsone (and the bean, but meh), spoonbender in the shop, Incubus and the Pentagram in the devil deal. Floor 1. Seed is 9GDN YCKJ if you want to try.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Poizen Jam posted:

Apparently crashing during a daily run means you don't get to continue or try again? I crashed on Depths 2 of today's daily, when entering the locked room in the south wing. I suspect it's because I was holding the 'NO!' trinket?

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with the NO! trinket that it sometimes crashes in situations where it tries to make a room re-generate a pedestal or shop item. It's still a super cool trinket, though, so hopefully they'll iron out that bug sometime soon.

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

After about 90 minutes of play I got an amazing run on Samson to beat Hush to get his unlock. Once he dies I noticed I didn't get a pop-up and then it finally struck me.

Judas' Shadow is a great item with a very narrow downside that happened to affect me...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tRIDAV posted:

After about 90 minutes of play I got an amazing run on Samson to beat Hush to get his unlock. Once he dies I noticed I didn't get a pop-up and then it finally struck me.

Judas' Shadow is a great item with a very narrow downside that happened to affect me...

Yep, same thing happens with the Ankh or Lazarus Rags.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

that was possibly the most overpowered lazarus run I've ever had outside of greed mode. epic fetus, pyromaniac, infamy, and a splitting, scythe wielding incubus on mushrooms. and guppy mode so hush's adds turned into millions of blue flies. and satanic bible.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Lost getting the HM would be so great it would be absurd. He wouldn't be my favorite character but he'd be SO MUCH more playable.

this is literally the only way I'd ever even consider trying to get the new lost unlocks. it was bad enough before and I don't hate myself that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Local super boss not so tough since he got molested.

Scythes, Dead Onion and Lost Contact made Hush a joke. IV Bag and Bloody Penny was a nice way to stack Samson up.