Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Got a quickie update to tide you all over until the grand finale of this whole space pope debacle.

Part 43: E.S. mechanics and some wandering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I can only assume what is next is the pre-final gimmick boss which is more annoying than the final boss if it's your first time playing, I feel that spacepope is that kinda villain.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Forget spacepope, I'm just waiting for the coolest Ziggy moment this series will ever see. :allears:

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

SorataYuy posted:

Forget spacepope, I'm just waiting for the coolest Ziggy moment this series will ever see. :allears:

I'll get to Pied Piper eventually :v:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

ScurvyKip posted:

I'll get to Pied Piper eventually :v:

Wait, they give him awesome moments in the next game, too? I was thinking of the one we see after the fight with spacepope, involving missiles. (Haven't played the third game yet, thanks to never managing to get a copy.)

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

SorataYuy posted:

Wait, they give him awesome moments in the next game, too? I was thinking of the one we see after the fight with spacepope, involving missiles. (Haven't played the third game yet, thanks to never managing to get a copy.)

I bought the entire series all at once, just to avoid this problem. (Got the movie version of episode 1 along with it so that there would be an even number of DVD cases under the Christmas tree)

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Anyone still around? I have an update!

Part 44: Best Attack Name Ever

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Welcome back. I remember this boss, vaguely. The next one is much more interesting though.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I am now expecting a battle against cyber-Jesus cause I don't know how you top this.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Heavy Rain was an awesome game.

Buy it on PS4 this March.

Seriously though, Internet can hate David Cage all it wants. HR was amazing.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

Anyone still around? I have an update!

Part 44: Best Attack Name Ever

Been waiting, buddy, been waiting.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Next update we will presumably be fighting the Space Pope.

That sentence just made Episode II actually sound good and interesting.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Welcome back, man. This is one of my favourite bosses in the series and I goddamn cannot tell you why.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Good to see another update. :) At this rate we've got what, one or two videos left to Ziggy's coolest moment in this game?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

SorataYuy posted:

Ziggy's coolest moment in this game?

I've never seen the end game before. The fact you can call something the "coolest" anything after giant angel erupting from a planet blowing everything up fills me with great anticipation.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

FeyerbrandX posted:

I've never seen the end game before. The fact you can call something the "coolest" anything after giant angel erupting from a planet blowing everything up fills me with great anticipation.

To be fair, I am also a BIG Ziggurat-8 fan. But it's still a pretty damned cool moment to watch.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I just want to say, rather than derailing the current Shadow Hearts/ Tales convo in the FFX thread, that I support Shion Uzuki and I think most of the hate for her is unjustified.

Now to wait until the next game to actually be able to talk about all this...

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

I just want to say, rather than derailing the current Shadow Hearts/ Tales convo in the FFX thread, that I support Shion Uzuki and I think most of the hate for her is unjustified.

Now to wait until the next game to actually be able to talk about all this...

Shion is not totally terrible - but she's way more self-absorbed and self-centered than her age and position (in Vector) should allow for. She acts about 6-8 years younger than she actually is (24, I believe?)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

drat, its been a few months since you fought a building. Hope things haven't gone bad again.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

FeyerbrandX posted:

drat, its been a few months since you fought a building. Hope things haven't gone bad again.

It's been a mix of my workflow getting completely wrecked by a megui update, work being so crazy because of holidays and sports, and just general laziness. I have the next update commentated on and everything, I just have to get off my butt and put it together.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just letting you know I check the thread almost daily so don't think it's been abandoned. Looking forward to the update.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I have no idea what happened in the last update, or most of the last game, or even the game before that. I'm still looking forward to more data, or some u-dos, or whatever.

It's not like not having a clue what is happening has ever hurt, in this thread.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

It's been a mix of my workflow getting completely wrecked by a megui update, work being so crazy because of holidays and sports, and just general laziness. I have the next update commentated on and everything, I just have to get off my butt and put it together.

Thanks for not updating while I am tablet posting on break at work. Glad things seem better for you...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chrisoya posted:

I have no idea what happened in the last update, or most of the last game, or even the game before that. I'm still looking forward to more data, or some u-dos, or whatever.

It's not like not having a clue what is happening has ever hurt, in this thread.

Two installments and I am still clueless...

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Space Ghosts
Space Catholics
No one likes Shion Uzuki except me and Allen
Crazy dude who is immortal except now he's dead
Giant robots
And the mastermind and reasoning behind all this is not explained until next game.

I hope that catches you all up on the story.

Also I can wait for the next update. What I can't wait for is Episode 3, though. I am seriously looking forward to whenever t hat happens.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Space Ghosts
Space Catholics
No one likes Shion Uzuki except me and Allen
Crazy dude who is immortal except now he's dead
Giant robots
And the mastermind and reasoning behind all this is not explained until next game.

I hope that catches you all up on the story.

Also I can wait for the next update. What I can't wait for is Episode 3, though. I am seriously looking forward to whenever t hat happens.

You forgot "Fought a cathedral"...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

ScurvyKip posted:

Well, nobody's in a hurry to steal a march on you. So there's that, at least?

And if you'll permit me to David Cage it up in here, of course the fight against the space church goes much easier when you refuse to engage with its gimmick. It's an institution, and like any institution, trying to play "within its rules" only legitimizes its power to create and enforce them.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Caught up to the updates I see. :dawkins101: Good work sticking it out with this series of misery Scurvy.

We've seen SPACE CHURCH though so the series might have peaked already. Is there a video that shows off the other forms and attacks somewhere? The fuckin' Space Church, man. I need more of it.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Hey guess what guys I unfucked a lot of things on my end so I have time and effort to work on this again! In celebration, have an update!

Part 45: Still somehow not the longest lasting LP thread ever

Apologies for the interlacing in the final video, I'm still learning Premiere and I figured out how to fix that. So this should be the only video like this.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
IT'S ALIVE !
3 months of silence broken by an update, nice!
[edit]Ahhaha, field of supercharged gamer juice :v:

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 27, 2016

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The best character returns!

This game really seems to think Jr. is interesting and cool, it's bizarre.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

Hey guess what guys I unfucked a lot of things on my end so I have time and effort to work on this again! In celebration, have an update!

Part 45: Still somehow not the longest lasting LP thread ever

Apologies for the interlacing in the final video, I'm still learning Premiere and I figured out how to fix that. So this should be the only video like this.

And, of course, I don't see it until right before I have to go to work.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

chrisoya posted:

This game really seems to think Jr. is interesting and cool, it's bizarre.

It's just one of the many reasons Episode II is bad. They literally had no idea why anyone even liked Episode 1 so their attempts at "broader appeal" just pissed off everyone.

Anyway, Jesus Christ, listen to the music that plays during the heartfelt exchange between Jr. and Ziggy. This is why the game's OST is such a joke, even when it's not all terrible. This really "deep" heart-to-heart and it has some lovely zany synth track setting the mood.

Scurvy, do you still intend to do postgame stuff or will you be merciful to yourself and just skip to the actually good game? In any event, it's great to have updates.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Real glad this update is pushing the weird back to what I remember this series for with the Gamer Fuel Dimension and whatever the gently caress Albedo is doing.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Glad you're back, glad Albedo is still insane.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

FeyerbrandX posted:

Glad you're back, glad Albedo is still insane.

Lovely to have an update, but I am REALLY disappointed in the lack of data.

(That sweet, sweet data... :shudder: GIVE IT TO ME!)

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Samizdata posted:

now see if Jr had respected his brother's dying wishes and vaped him we'd have gotten all the data we'd ever want

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Good to see this LP and most entertaining character back to life, I was afraid it was dead in the water for a while. We're still gonna see XS3 someday right?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Daeren posted:

now see if Jr had respected his brother's dying wishes and vaped him we'd have gotten all the data we'd ever want

STUPID JR! GROW UP AND DO YOUR DUTY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Samizdata posted:

Hey now. You aren't allowed to talk if you've never seen the data you get from plunging deep into the red space drink drank.

There had better be data in the drink drank

• Locked thread