Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How do I apply these weapon mods I have in my inventory to my gun? I can't tell if I get the option to at a workbench or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PantsBandit posted:

The laser musket is one of the coolest weapons I've seen in recent memory. It's really a genius way to essentially make a bolt-action laser gun.

Now, the whole idea of turning a crank to "charge up" a laser is a bit silly but I'll be goddamned if it doesn't feel so loving good in combat.

I demand somebody mod in the "Pop Goes the Weasel" tune to the Laser Musket.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RBA Starblade posted:

How do I apply these weapon mods I have in my inventory to my gun? I can't tell if I get the option to at a workbench or not.

Just go into normal weapon crafting at a workbench and they'll be available just like if you had the prerequisite materials.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Chalks posted:

The thing I really hate about this story line is that you have literally nothing to go on, no way of knowing when he was kidnapped, by who or even when it happened. To kick the main story off apparently you have to listen to the babbling of a literally insane woman and do what she suggests. They could have at least left some clue behind like accidentally dropped their business card for bad guys incorporated so you have something to go on.

It's not like the crazy old lady has a wild idea. Go to the big city and ask about is pretty much what I would have done anyway.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Arcsquad12 posted:

Haha oh wow I had totally forgotten that episode!

I take it back, Bethesda is a bunch of loving hacks!

mostkillingest
Nov 21, 2002
Game makes me motion sick, first game to ever do so. I have tried changing the FOV and removing mouse acceleration but this isn't helping. Anyone else have this problem, and been able to solve it? I can do about 10 minutes and then can't stand it anymore. I can play all other Fallout games and FPS with no problem.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

mostkillingest posted:

Game makes me motion sick, first game to ever do so. I have tried changing the FOV and removing mouse acceleration but this isn't helping. Anyone else have this problem, and been able to solve it? I can do about 10 minutes and then can't stand it anymore. I can play all other Fallout games and FPS with no problem.

Have you turned motion blur off? That always makes me dizzy.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mostkillingest posted:

Might be the blurring when moving? Try turning of TAA anti aliasing and motion blur. That helped me at least.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

feedmegin posted:

Nope, not exactly (for integers, anyway)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two%27s_complement

It's more like negative numbers in signed integers count down from what would be the very largest value that can be stored in an unsigned integer.

A signed byte don't just count from any arbitrary value down. it start in 127 that is when the first bit turn on. So you and the other guy say the same thing. Both of you are right, except your description is how a high level programmer would describe it, and his description is how a guy near the iron, a assembler programmer or a chip designer would describe it.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Captain Fargle posted:

So I ran out of wood for building pretty drat quick. Can I start a tree farm or a logging camp or something anywhere?

hold V to get back in workshop mode and just walk around scrapping wrecked furniture and trees and stuff, you'll get more than you could ever use pretty quickly.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

mostkillingest posted:

Throw up and keep playing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mostkillingest posted:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Have you turned motion blur off? That always makes me dizzy.

I know what it is, because it bugs me a little too - it's the "CRT" of the Pip-Boy combined with being waved about on the PC's arm while you're trying to look at it. The other Fallouts just had it as a flat stationary thing but F4's protagonist needs to learn to hold his arm still a drat minute.

mostkillingest
Nov 21, 2002

Your Computer posted:

Might be the blurring when moving? Try turning of TAA anti aliasing and motion blur. That helped me at least.

Ill give this a try tonight, I didn't see motion blur options, but I didn't look hard enough apparently.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just go into normal weapon crafting at a workbench and they'll be available just like if you had the prerequisite materials.

Thanks!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm looking for a specific sort of follower:

1: Female
2: Evil

Is my dream girl out there somewhere?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tei posted:

A signed byte don't just count from any arbitrary value down. it start in 127 that is when the first bit turn on. So you and the other guy say the same thing. Both of you are right, except your description is how a high level programmer would describe it, and his description is how a guy near the iron, a assembler programmer or a chip designer would describe it.

Hello hi I do assembler and stuff. Twos complement is not the same as 'putting a 1 at the beginning of the number' - that's sign-magnitude representation, which is what IEEE floating point does, but not integers on any vaguely modern machine. -1 starts at what would be 255, not 127, but even then only if you're looking at a byte value rather say a 64 bit number - then -2 maps to 254, and so on and so forth.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PantsBandit posted:

I'm looking for a specific sort of follower:

1: Female
2: Evil

Is my dream girl out there somewhere?

Try my ex-wife!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Based on my own logic, if 210 years ago somebody kidnaped a baby from a hibernation chamber, by now the babie will be either a 211 years old lady, or a small mountain of bones, probably a small mountain of bones.
1 and half hour in the game, and it seems we play as a logic challenged lady / men, or some mentally broken person.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tei posted:

Based on my own logic, if 210 years ago somebody kidnaped a baby from a hibernation chamber, by now the babie will be either a 211 years old lady, or a small mountain of bones, probably a small mountain of bones.
1 and half hour in the game, and it seems we play as a logic challenged lady / men, or some mentally broken person.

No, you're clearly in stasis prior to the kidnapping, so whatever stretch of time between the kidnapping and now is gonna be much more recent than 210 years.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam

Alain Post posted:

Try my ex-wife!

Thank you

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Tei posted:

Not sure if you noticed, but the baby wasn't kidnapped when you were first put in the freezer.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Tei posted:

the kidnapping was somewhere between the bombs and now, you have no idea when exactly, but definitely not 210 years ago.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mostkillingest posted:

Ill give this a try tonight, I didn't see motion blur options, but I didn't look hard enough apparently.

It's a checkbox in the advanced options. As for the TAA, that kinda sucks since it's much better than FXAA... but whenever you move it blurs the hell out of everything and it made the game unplayable for me.

I was going to ask this too before I noticed that instead of saying "Build" it says "Attach". They could have made it a bit more obvious, but then again the entire UI is a clusterfuck v:shobon:v

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

woodenchicken posted:

Haven't seen it referenced in reviews, does this game has a hardcore mode like New Vegas, where you have to eat, drink and sleep?

Nope. Mods.

Difficulties are
Very Easy
Easy
Medium
Hard
Very Hard
Survival

Survival has nothing to do with survival. It's just an edgy way of saying "Very Hard++" and I think all the difficulty changes is enemy HP/Damage and how fast you heal. Or something.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah I'm not quite sure how you fail to notice that whole little detail of the kid wasn't stolen 200 years ago.

Seriously though why doesn't my character have the option to be like "gently caress someone stole the kid. Thats a relief, Didn't want that little poo poo anyway. Off to shoot some raiders."

My Immersion :qq:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Broken Cog posted:

Wow, the Mirelurk Queen is a loving awful fight, at least on Survival.

Is there any reason what so ever to go in that building? I did a lap and had to run because I couldn't kill half the things in there but its a one way loving lap. Really pissed me off.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

hold V to get back in workshop mode and just walk around scrapping wrecked furniture and trees and stuff, you'll get more than you could ever use pretty quickly.

See you say that.... :D

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Digital_Jesus posted:

Yeah I'm not quite sure how you fail to notice that whole little detail of the kid wasn't stolen 200 years ago.

Seriously though why doesn't my character have the option to be like "gently caress someone stole the kid. Thats a relief, Didn't want that little poo poo anyway. Off to shoot some raiders."

My Immersion :qq:

Your child has a poker chip in them that unlocks the automatic defenses in Boston.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I waited for my number to be called in the Mr. Gutsy bakery.

I waited.

Mr Gutsy why

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mailer posted:

I really wish there was a way to respec. I've got five points in Charisma. :(

titties posted:

Same, I took 6. I figured CHA was replacing the Speech skill so I better buff it a little since speech checks were so useful in the other games.

It was a bad idea so far imo

Press ~ then enter "ShowSPECIALMenu"

You can respec and rename yourself.

The menu seems a little buggy though, so save before you do it and make sure everything adds up afterwards.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Arcsquad12 posted:

someone heard you
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/122/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

titties posted:

Same, I took 6. I figured CHA was replacing the Speech skill so I better buff it a little since speech checks were so useful in the other games.

It was a bad idea so far imo

Wait, what's controls Speech Checks then?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Game is an absolute blast so far, haven't had any major issues other than AI repeating dialogue lines, no CTDs at all, good performance.

Weapon mods are my everything right now. I have to craft the ultimate death machines.

mostkillingest posted:

What's your frame rate? If its really inconsistent, turn poo poo down so it runs at smooth 60fps :downs:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone know where the INT bobblehead is? I want that 6th int point so I can get Science! but I don't want to waste a perk point going over.

Edit: Also, melee actually gets pretty good once you get a couple of levels in armoring and blacksmithing so you don't die immediately when you rush at people. I can go toe-to-toe with legendary super mutants now.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 11, 2015

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Fans posted:

It's not like the crazy old lady has a wild idea. Go to the big city and ask about is pretty much what I would have done anyway.

Just go to the big city and say "anyone seen some bad guys with a baby in the last 200 years?", a flawless plan indeed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chalks posted:

Just go to the big city and say "anyone seen some bad guys with a baby in the last 200 years?", a flawless plan indeed.

WHERE CHILD

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Chalks posted:

when you reach Megaton in Fallout 3, you can ask the guy at the gate “has anyone seen my father? Middle-aged guy”, so it wouldn’t be out of the question.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone know where the INT bobblehead is? I want that 6th int point so I can get Science! but I don't want to waste a perk point going over.

Boston Public Library, northeast of Diamond City. You'll need either the first rank of Locksmith or possibly a long trip through the subway station beneath it to get in. Explore thoroughly, and look out for robots and mutants. If you don't interfere they'll do a good job killing each other.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Chalks posted:

"I'm looking for a group of people who broke into Vault 111. Anyone been selling Jumpsuits?"

I'm so smart. That or looking to see if you can find out who remotely released you from Suspension as there's probably not many people who can do that and they probably want to talk.

Fans fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I just found Diamond City last night. What's the fastest way for me to find and join the bad guys? I don't want to help anyone, I want to take slaves and create murder robots.

• Locked thread