Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Lesnick is comically fat, but despite dehumanizing him constantly I still feel bad for him. It gets better you fatty.

He's so fat Micheal Moore looked at his and said "drat that dude is fat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

LCL-Dead posted:

Elite is very much a "make of it what you can" type of game. It's fun when played as a group or if you particularly enjoy Eurotruck Simulator In Space type games. The saying "A mile wide and an inch deep" fits it very well. However, new content is coming and has an actual release window, unlike some other games.

Only problem there is there's really nothing to do in the rest of the galaxy outside of finding potential desktop backgrounds. I give it another 6-9 months before Elite really starts to fill in with content that will keep players engaged. I've noticed right now that it's a tedious cycle of trying to care and burning out after a month or two, then coming back with the next content producing patch to see what's changed before burning out again.

Not to mention :frontear: panders to their brown sea even more so than CIG does and sides with the spergs who seem to think it should take literal real years to complete certain objectives. They also hate it when players can make money at a decent rate that nullifies some of the grind.

Yeah, but it's two extremes here. E:D has an insane number of systems, SC could have 0.5% as many and still be a much much larger universe. It currently has 100 stars or so. For a single player game that's fine, a story that involves working your way through every star on the map is feasible. But for a large scale persistent universe? 700,000 backers, so that's 7,000 players in each star system. Crowded as hell for a space game.

E:D is slow as hell, but the scale of space feels real - especially with NPCs you have what I feel is a realistic chance of encountering another ship without feeling you're bumping elbows with them all the time.

The scale of the universe in SC makes me think it'll only work well if hardly anyone plays in it.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 12, 2015

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

Chalks posted:

The scale of the universe in SC makes me think it'll only work well if hardly anyone plays in it.

Well it's going to work perfectly then.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

LastCaress posted:

Well it's going to work perfectly then.

It'll keep datacenter costs down too - they really have thought of everything!

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Bootcha posted:

SPLASH ONE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The fact that they are paying him in installments should give your the idea how bad the situation is. Any bets on when we get 'SPLASH TWO' from Bootcha? I bet since he was in for 200K, he gets his money back in 2x100K installments and the next one is after Anniversary Sale in 10 days or so.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Chalks posted:

700,000 backers, so that's 7,000 players in each star system. Crowded as hell for a space game.
Can you imagine the lines for space brothels?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SirTagz posted:

The fact that they are paying him in installments should give your the idea how bad the situation is. Any bets on when we get 'SPLASH TWO' from Bootcha? I bet since he was in for 200K, he gets his money back in 2x100K installments and the next one is after Anniversary Sale in 10 days or so.

I mean to be fair, that's probably what I would do even if I had 94 million just hanging around, so who knows. Could be indicative that they are completely out of money, or it could just be that paying him all at once would drop the level of CR's Scrooge McDuck money-pool to unacceptable levels.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Dude needs to step up and get some new xxxxl shirts

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Maldoror posted:

does anyone still have the gif of sandi pulling ben lesnick's wife's chair

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Atlanton posted:

I requested a refund and this was the response:

I'd like to tell him to pound dirt, but I'd also like my money back.

JazzPaws posted:

...then on the eighth day after asking for a refund..we have contact...

And excuses "my manager says no" ...it is night in the US manager working nights?

"I can ask again for half"...go and ask twice then..

Stay tuned.

First, call your bank/credit card company/credit union/whatever and ask them for the guidelines to get a chargeback. Find out where the forms are located, etc. Then send a response to CIG:

Explain very calmly and politely that CIG has failed to provide the product they advertised, that there is evidence that the product they intend to deliver is not the product that was advertised when you made your purchase, and that there is no timeline for the delivery of that product. Then say that you have numerous examples of them providing refunds to others without any kind of special circumstances whatsoever and that while you would prefer to work things out with them directly you are willing to utilize the chargeback process if necessary. Explain that you have already contacted your financial institution regarding the chargeback process and they have been extremely supportive. Emphasize that it is very clear that CIG does not have a cohesive return policy, that you will not accept anything less than a full refund, and then list out the individual transactions that you want refunded. Do not ask for a refund on any transactions regarding subscriptions or physical goods that have been delivered (hence specifying individual transactions). Reinforce that you have already been very patient with them and that X days/weeks is an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a response.

Be prepared to follow through with a chargeback. CIG is in the wrong here.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

My dishrags look like his shirt and now I want to throw them out.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Meat Dimension posted:

It's a slippery slope I-Novae :cripes:

I saw that kickstarter update today and considered cancelling my pledge. That is really not a path I'm interested in going down again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

I saw that kickstarter update today and considered cancelling my pledge. That is really not a path I'm interested in going down again.

So long as the changes are cosmetic it's a nice little perk.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

I like the way you think.

Edit:

So Patrick debated with me about my refund amount for two days in a row. I felt special, I felt acknowledged, I felt like I might actually be making headway to getting my money back.

It's now been two days without a reply to my last email. I'm going to head to the bank after work and talk to them about their chargeback policies and get the paperwork rolling on every purchase made with my card or through paypal, using the card, since I originally signed up. This is loving ridiculous. They won't give me the $300 I'm asking for so I'll take all $700 back forcefully.

LCL-Dead fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 12, 2015

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Lesnick is comically fat, but despite dehumanizing him constantly I still feel bad for him. It gets better you fatty.

i think being fat gets worse. i wonder if he needs one of those sleep apnea machines to not die during the night, or if he has full blown diabetes yet

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
oh yea at that age it totally gets worse.

I was more referring to the daily hell that is working under Sandi and slowly watching your dreams die right before your eyes, and having to pretend everything is ok.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Be prepared to follow through with a chargeback. CIG is in the wrong here.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I've been racking my brain, but can't recall - which movie/series is this from?

ˇ Thank ye kindly.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 12, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

e: the 70s one, there's been a few.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

I've been racking my brain, but can't recall - which movie/series is this from?
The 70s reboot of "invasion of the body snatchers".

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Wait wait. Ben's wife works there too? Is the nepotism that rampant? How much more double, triple and quadruple dipping can we have?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

DarkRefreshment posted:

Wait wait. Ben's wife works there too? Is the nepotism that rampant? How much more double, triple and quadruple dipping can we have?

With double and triple dipping are taking straight nepotism or Ben's use of the on site 'melted butter' fountain.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Anyone got a clip of the fat fucker with that faggy little sailor hat on ? where he looked like mr Stay Puft

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Percelus posted:

i think being fat gets worse. i wonder if he needs one of those sleep apnea machines to not die during the night, or if he has full blown diabetes yet

Anyone who snores is on the edge of needing a sleep apnea machine, or cpap. It can be genetic and it can be because you're a fatass.

I've got a buddy who uses one and he's pretty much a poster model for being healthy (weight, diet, exercise, etc) and he needs one. He's debating getting surgery in order to correct the issue.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DarkRefreshment posted:

I believe she's been there from the beginning, much like Sandi. Remember there was a time when the whole thing was run out of a rented house in Austin. I can't imagine Alexis is happy there, especially given how toxic Sandi has made the workplace. She was really friendly when I met her in person last year and I'm sure dealing with an endless deluge of customer service tickets has been rough.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
From this month's studio report:

I can't think of any image that encompasses how Star Citizen has changed better than this one.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chalks posted:

Yeah, but it's two extremes here. E:D has an insane number of systems, SC could have 0.5% as many and still be a much much larger universe. It currently has 100 stars or so.

is currently the correct word to use here?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I can't think of any image that encompasses how Star Citizen has changed better than this one.
Now I want to replay Rage for some reason.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bootcha posted:

SPLASH ONE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You guys are all misunderstanding this message. It's nothing to do with star citizen. Dude has just been constipated for a few days and finally had a breakthrough.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Didn't Ben and his wife move to work for CIG....twice now. It seems very possible they are metaphorically chained to the deck of the sinking ship.

With out getting too personal, does Lesnick have any other work experience?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ahahahaha what the gently caress

Chris this isn't borderlands

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

EightAce posted:

Anyone got a clip of the fat fucker with that faggy little sailor hat on ? where he looked like mr Stay Puft

I had hoped I would not be seeing the r/fatpeoplehate stuff here. :/

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good looking progress. And I'm so sick of this rundown near future look. Ya, it's probably realistic, but it's the fantasy future and I'd like a cleaner environmental look. (General complaint not aimed at SC specifically)

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 12, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
double post, what's wrong with me today.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you don't hear the airhorn when looking at the left image you are broken inside

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's pretty funny. Also I'm glad they're showing off some random shop instead of anything substantial.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm glad they're spending so much effort on the planetside storefronts in this space game.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Given that all anyone does in the social module is run people over with buggies, should it really even be called a social module anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Didn't Ben and his wife move to work for CIG....twice now. It seems very possible they are metaphorically chained to the deck of the sinking ship.

With out getting too personal, does Lesnick have any other work experience?
Lesnick formerly worked in "PR" (newsletters, etc.) at a public school (if memory serves). Yet his hobby (and obsession) was the administration of the Wing Commander website, and the preservation of WC arcana / lore through the collection of articles, stories, various props (his necklace), etc.

He was hired by Chris and Sandi as a reward for this near religious obsession with Wing Commander. Loyalty is, after all, the trait that they value above all others- (as disloyalty is, to the narcissist-- the most grievous of all sins.)

So now, in being on the payroll at CIG, and being given the title "Head of Starships", Ben has achieved that rarest of opportunities. As Robert Frost described it:

quote:

My object in living is to unite
My avocation and my vocation
As my two eyes make one in sight.
Chris and Sandi have made that possible for Ben. And, no matter their misdeeds or missteps, Ben will stand behind them. Right until the bitter end... (which I continue to hope we'll be able to celebrate by drinking Bitter Tears Beer...)

• Locked thread