Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Given that all anyone does in the social module is run people over with buggies, should it really even be called a social module anymore?

Also watch this for more social experiences

AP fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Got to say, all these "buggy" gifs make it look fun and hilarious to mess around with for 15-30 minutes. I mean, I wouldn't pay money for it, but it does look goofy fun.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Given that all anyone does in the social module is run people over with buggies, should it really even be called a social module anymore?

They should call it the poo poo Module A because it is poo poo and that way they could call the other modules poo poo Module B, poo poo Module C and so on because hoooo boy everything I have played so far is just lovely poo poo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Got to say, all these "buggy" gifs make it look fun and hilarious to mess around with for 15-30 minutes. I mean, I wouldn't pay money for it, but it does look goofy fun.

It isn't, it is poo poo.
It's all got this Wading Through Treacle vibe to it, don't let the fun gifs fool you

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

CIG should have made a kart racer.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Kart Shitizen

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
á la carte

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

It isn't, it is poo poo.
It's all got this Wading Through Treacle vibe to it, don't let the fun gifs fool you

Alright, I'll just keep chuckling at the fun gifs.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Alright, I'll just keep chuckling at the fun gifs.

It's honestly the best way, I am not getting a refund so I can get the latest and greatest news on all the exciting updates so I'll let you know when they patch Fun or Good in

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Is there a podcast I can listen to for audio equivalents of star citizen backers insane defensive posts?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

It's honestly the best way, I am not getting a refund so I can get the latest and greatest news on all the exciting updates so I'll let you know when they patch Fun or Good in

Alrighty dancing cat man. Make sure to balance your time playing something good.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

Meanwhile, five years from now...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Concierge cards bought them a week, daily total should get a slight bump from the weekend.

Live stream for the start of the November sale lasts three hours, 11 am to 2 pm Pacific next Thursday 19th November.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

Meanwhile, five years from now...

:lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Alrighty dancing cat man. Make sure to balance your time playing something good.

I have my eagle eye on Fallout 3 having never played it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

AP posted:

Concierge cards bought them a week, daily total should get a slight bump from the weekend.

Live stream for the start of the November sale lasts three hours, 11 am to 2 pm Pacific next Thursday 19th November.

having regular sales on poo poo that doesn't exist for a game that doesn't exist from a company that has no track record. this poo poo should be scream scam to anyone that sees it.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Gotta appreciate this noble sacrifice for the greater good.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Agrajag posted:

having regular sales on poo poo that doesn't exist for a game that doesn't exist from a company that has no track record. this poo poo should be scream scam to anyone that sees it.

You should post this "meltdown" on reddit. I'm sure they would love to spite spend money in response.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Someone said it before, but they seem to hate letting the daily income tick below was it 30k?

I bet if someone crunches the math on daily burn rate, based on employees + salary + rent + hydro etc... they'd find 30k is the daily break even point for CIG

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sappo569 posted:

Someone said it before, but they seem to hate letting the daily income tick below was it 30k?

I bet if someone crunches the math on daily burn rate, based on employees + salary + rent + hydro etc... they'd find 30k is the daily break even point for CIG

Their break even should be like twice that without taking into consideration non recurring expenses like their moves and whatever.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Oh Karl...

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mirificus posted:

Oh Karl...

Mr auditor you are seriously troubled

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mirificus posted:

Oh Karl...

I really like it when Karl stops pretending to be his teenage daughter on reddit, and posts in this thread with his eloquent and powerful retorts.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
wasn't it mentioned previously that Karl was also pretending to be his dad? the one who is actually the auditor that Karl claims to be or did I get that mixed up?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

From this month's studio report:

I can't think of any image that encompasses how Star Citizen has changed better than this one.

This one.

A scope that has different angles realistically modeled into it before there are workable guns while still being utterly useless as a scope.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Their break even should be like twice that without taking into consideration non recurring expenses like their moves and whatever.

Someone with math skills and time should do a mock up.

Just average everything out and see how much it costs them a day to run the operation

FYI 300 employees @ 40k a year (knowing full well some are making well over that), is 12mil, or 33k a day... just in salary (on the very low end)

That's just for starters, factor in rent, hydro, benefits packages, coffee machines, stupid airplane wing tables, contractor costs, team lunches...

Wouldn't surprise me if they were in for more than 100k A DAY

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

From this month's studio report:

I can't think of any image that encompasses how Star Citizen has changed better than this one.

Chubby blast sound like a BBW fetish site.

e: I just noticed it says Cubby Blast. That's not nearly as funny :sigh:

What does Cubby Blast mean anyway

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirificus posted:

Oh Karl...

"Retard" must be Karls epic insult since he clings to it like poo poo on a monkey's rear end.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Nah-- that assumes CIG would need $11,000,000 a year to break even. Or like $912K a month. That's way low.

I think napkin guesses in the best of worlds, given their headcount, rent, etc.-- puts their monthly fixed expenses well over $2M. That's assuming they've cut back from their $3.5M/mo days (with more employees, contractors, offices...)

They rest easy on those days when they break six figures in daily income. I don't think even $60k-$70k a day helps them rest easy.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Don't forget the costs involved with hiring all those actors.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
that is some excessive expenditure for a company producing jpegs but should be scrambling to produce a game

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Saddest Robot posted:

Don't forget the costs involved with hiring all those actors.

Sandi doesn't come cheap.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Agrajag posted:

that is some excessive expenditure for a company producing jpegs but should be scrambling to produce a game
Spaceship jpegs have been a growth industry for the past 3 years, can't blame them for focussing on that.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

I think you fail to notice the truely ironic thing about this model.

They spent a good chunk of time modeling the spherical aberations and occlusions in the lense when they could have simply modeled it as perfectly clear cause future.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dunite posted:

They spent a good chunk of time modeling the spherical aberations and occlusions in the lense when they could have simply modeled it as perfectly clear cause future.

The year is 2844 or whatever, and they're still using glass and ACOG style reticles

Even now in 2015 we have auto calculating laser range finding scopes, press a button and bam you're on target

"lore" amiright?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dunite posted:

i have zero experience with guns or scopes can anyone that does clarify if that image is what it looks like when you look through a scope?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Karl is honestly more insane than Seraph

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Mirificus posted:

Oh Karl...

Karl, I'm sorry-- but you're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

He's in the bloody newspaper from when the Kickstarter was wrapping up.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

i have zero experience with guns or scopes can anyone that does clarify if that image is what it looks like when you look through a scope?

A low zoom one, sure. I glanced at the picture about an hour ago but can't open it here at work. It looked somewhere inbetween a 1-3x.

Still, you're not going to see that much of the scope from your POV in real life. Video games are horrible at modeling what it's like to look through an optic of any sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

LCL-Dead posted:

A low zoom one, sure. I glanced at the picture about an hour ago but can't open it here at work. It looked somewhere inbetween a 1-3x.

Still, you're not going to see that much of the scope from your POV in real life. Video games are horrible at modeling what it's like to look through an optic of any sort.

well i meant more in relation to the blue tinge along the edge

the leather jacket really completes his coked out skeezy look

lol also alienware laptop

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 12, 2015

• Locked thread