Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bifauxnen posted:

Could always vote MMG instead, just sayin'.

This is scummy in the context of the day.

I'd very much like to see what happens in light of Quid's claim, and that can be a useful driver for the next couple of days. That said, this action kicks that can down the road. As Bif is one of the candidates, I find this exceptionally suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
grabbing dinner, don't know when i'll be back, but i'll leave vote on quid based on his sick fuckery
##vote quid

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This whole quid thing smells bad.

##vote quid

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

This is scummy in the context of the day.

I'd very much like to see what happens in light of Quid's claim, and that can be a useful driver for the next couple of days. That said, this action kicks that can down the road. As Bif is one of the candidates, I find this exceptionally suspicious.

I'd like to see more confirmation about it too, but his distraction has given people a real easy out to forget about regular scum hunting.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Quid gave his own game away, he may be 3P but if it was a malicious or anti-town 3P I don't know what he'd gain by telling us. I think he was trying to make the best of a weird role that required prompting others to flavour claim, lynching him won't benefit town. That he has changed on Ecco cop I think puts suspicion away from Bif and reframes her and Venom's insistence as something I would like to see tested.

##vote MMG

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I know I'm flip flopping here based on my last post, but why is everyone voting Quid when he was upfront about lying? He came forward about him lying in the first place in order to help town, or it was an attempt that backfired, at least it seems that way to me.
He made a gambit based on his role and it didn't pay off, but is that enough reason to hang him?

Regardless if Quid is full of poo poo or not, Kommando seems pretty shaky with his defense and his reason for voting.

##unvote
##vote Kommando

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Quidnose posted:

Real talk, I lied

Quidnose posted:

I just haven't shared all the information about my role and I lied initially

Quidnose posted:

I already said I lied about the Eccocop.

Why should we trust you when we've already lied once?

Kashuno posted:

I want MMG to flavor claim, but I don't know how I'll judge it based on what we've seen so far. I have no idea what kind of console the scum is supposed to be.

I could flavour claim all day but considering the various roles getting thrown around I doubt anyone would believe me since I'm not a handheld or a phone.

For those that don't know Anidav, he posts a lot in the crew thread about the N-Gage so it wouldn't surprise me if phones are a role in this game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kat Delacour posted:

Quid gave his own game away, he may be 3P but if it was a malicious or anti-town 3P I don't know what he'd gain by telling us. I think he was trying to make the best of a weird role that required prompting others to flavour claim, lynching him won't benefit town. That he has changed on Ecco cop I think puts suspicion away from Bif and reframes her and Venom's insistence as something I would like to see tested.

##vote MMG

If you believe what Quid said, then effectively he told the truth. He claimed that his role told him that those three players were handhelds, and that one of them was scum which means his eccocop results are technically true. I wouldn't blame you for not believing him, but this post implied that you do believe him but for some reason his results are no longer valid?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also I'll be missing deadline due to going to see Spectre :dance:

But I'll try to have a vote in with about an hour to go. Sorry.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah, that's hella scummy of Kat. Why would me lying about the Ecco Cop being a thing change the fact that I was told one of the three of them was scum?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

If you believe what Quid said, then effectively he told the truth. He claimed that his role told him that those three players were handhelds, and that one of them was scum which means his eccocop results are technically true. I wouldn't blame you for not believing him, but this post implied that you do believe him but for some reason his results are no longer valid?

I just don't know that there is enough motivation from the rest of town to take that advice seriously. At least before it was a straightforward sensor-like, it sounds like this time he got a list of handhelds (and I agree on the Xperia not being included is potentially weird). iajanus claimed teal gameboy colour and the specificity of Teal also made me question at the time, so if there is a handheld game list he certainly should be on it. The teams were allegedly given cover claims, according to Anidav's own instructions, that would only make the game HARDER for town, so I don't know how that fits in.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah that Kat post doesn't really follow for me either.

MMG still looks scummy to me though, his "you lied once, you could lie again!" just sounds a bit trite like he's looking for a town script. If Quid is actually scum rather than 3P why come out with such an outrageous gambit so early when there's loads of people to hide in. And he did come out early on me, and yes I am a handheld. So he's not making all that up.

He might not be as benevolent a 3P as he claims. Maybe he doesn't turn town, he just gets his win con filled. But it still seems like a way easy out. It would help to verify his claim if he dies, yes, so I'll help lynch him if he stays the leader, but anyone abandoning scumhunting to onlyplay flavor detective is suss.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You told us your role wasn't what you told us it was, that is to say you changed on ecco cop. If your actual results mean one of bif, komm or bromp isn't scum then I believe I would like to follow Bif down the rabbit hole. Don't put words in my mouth.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
not votin for mmg? shameful just shameful

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Quidnose posted:

Yeah, that's hella scummy of Kat. Why would me lying about the Ecco Cop being a thing change the fact that I was told one of the three of them was scum?

Wait wait wait. One of WHO three are scum? Because iajanus wasn't on your original list of "one of these three is scum"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kat Delacour posted:

You told us your role wasn't what you told us it was, that is to say you changed on ecco cop. If your actual results mean one of bif, komm or bromp isn't scum then I believe I would like to follow Bif down the rabbit hole. Don't put words in my mouth.

What?

I told you my role was Ecco Cop and I knew one of them was scum.

Then I told you that I still knew one of them was scum, but it wasn't because I was an Ecco Cop.

You seemed to imply that because I wasn't Ecco Cop, my information was inaccurate.

I don't get this and I don't get why you are suddenly so mad at me not getting it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kat Delacour posted:

Wait wait wait. One of WHO three are scum? Because iajanus wasn't on your original list of "one of these three is scum"

I said I believed Janus was lying about being a handheld device because he wasn't on my list of handheld devices. You seem to be not reading~

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Why did you say you lied about being an Ecco cop if in essence the functionality of your role was the same as you originally posited?

You're just loving confusing

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Because I initially was planning on trying to play to my win condition in a manner that didn't start with me saying "HEY DUDES I HAVE NO ALIGNMENT BUT"?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Alright so short version without fluff about apple bullshit

Handhelds are Bif, Kommando, Bromp
1 of the Handhelds is a scum
iajanus flavour claimed handheld but wasn't on the list
But Anidav said scum were given covers which surely he would have given them a flavour cover that didn't trip the flavour alarm of your role, since it was explicitly stated it would make the game harder. Unless iajanus is known to other mafia players as being a fly by the seat of your pants scum who doesn't actually read the cover they were given?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Quidnose (8): merk, EXAKT Science, Kommando, Tommunist, CCKeane, Quidnose, imgay, AnonymousNarcotics
MysticalMachineGun (3): Venom Soag, Kashuno, Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Kat Delacour
Kashuno (1): fiery_valkyrie
iajanus (1): Quidnose, Kashuno, merk, bromplicated, Ixtlilton, Kashuno, merk, Quidnose, bromplicated
bromplicated (1): CCKeane, MysticalMachineGun, SirSamVimes, Kashuno, Kashuno, MysticalMachineGun, CCKeane, Kommando, Kommando
Kommando (1): CCKeane, bromplicated, bromplicated, CCKeane, bromplicated
Bifauxnen (0): Kashuno, merk, Kashuno, merk

Not Voting (7): HiipFire, iajanus, Kashuno, Little Mac, MysticalMachineGun, thatbastardken, Tremendous Taste

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 14th, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 37 minutes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quid I will give you a gentle kiss.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kat Delacour posted:

Alright so short version without fluff about apple bullshit

Handhelds are Bif, Kommando, Bromp
1 of the Handhelds is a scum
iajanus flavour claimed handheld but wasn't on the list
But Anidav said scum were given covers which surely he would have given them a flavour cover that didn't trip the flavour alarm of your role, since it was explicitly stated it would make the game harder. Unless iajanus is known to other mafia players as being a fly by the seat of your pants scum who doesn't actually read the cover they were given?

Yeah, this right here is the biggest barrier to me accepting Quidnose's claim.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well, that and we have a handheld flip and a handheld claim, neither of which are on his list.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It's also obviously bullshit.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I guess I just see the best in people and assume if they are making a bullshit claim they will at least stick to their guns on the first claim and not undermine their own success by changing the rules.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Two handheld claims that weren't on his list

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quid's clearly lying sheesh.

##vote quid

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote quid

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Are the two handheld claims iajanus and the Sony Xperia?

Because the only one we've actually flipped IMO is a phone first. An original ipod has Snake on it but I wouldn't call it a handheld gaming device. We're possibly running into an acute case of Game Designer Opinions.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Why should we trust you when we've already lied once?

I could flavour claim all day but considering the various roles getting thrown around I doubt anyone would believe me since I'm not a handheld or a phone.

For those that don't know Anidav, he posts a lot in the crew thread about the N-Gage so it wouldn't surprise me if phones are a role in this game.

I'd like a flavor claim though

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I believe Anarc also claimed a handheld.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kat Delacour posted:

Are the two handheld claims iajanus and the Sony Xperia?

Because the only one we've actually flipped IMO is a phone first. An original ipod has Snake on it but I wouldn't call it a handheld gaming device. We're possibly running into an acute case of Game Designer Opinions.

Bromp as well, gba

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I'd like a flavor claim though

Isn't day 2 a little early for claims?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's -2 on Quid, -1 when I move over but I'm here all till deadline.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Isn't day 2 a little early for claims?

There's a reason for it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kashuno posted:

There's a reason for it

What's the reason again?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not voting quid unless it is to avoid a no lynch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

What's the reason again?

Because I want to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The other two handhelds aside from the list provided by Quid.

And yes Anarc said he was a handheld too, which would be very dangerous to say if it was a scum cover since if we flip Quid and he was telling the truth that just puts Anarc in the poo poo.

• Locked thread