Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
CBS All Access is 6 bucks as well. Dunno how much Showtime's thing is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I pay like $90 a month for cable and internet. All my promos have long expired. If there was a service that let me get USA live, I'd cut off the ~$20 a month the cable portion of that costs me.

I just want to watch Raw live.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

All these inconveniences of modern video distribution... it's like a thorn in your eye.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Endless Mike posted:

I pay like $90 a month for cable and internet. All my promos have long expired. If there was a service that let me get USA live, I'd cut off the ~$20 a month the cable portion of that costs me.

If you call and say you're thinking about quitting, they might give you a new promo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

CBS All Access is 6 bucks as well. Dunno how much Showtime's thing is.

Does it have ads?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

WWE has a streaming service, though I don't know if it includes live matches.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

WWE has a streaming service, though I don't know if it includes live matches.

TV shows are on a delay because otherwise nobody would carry them. It does air the PPVs live though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

zoux posted:

Does it have ads?

Yup. Kind of expected for such a low price though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah American's have a much better choice than Canadians. We have Netflix and the weird ones that are tied to whatever cable company is providing your internet. Hulu does not exist for us, and last time I checked Amazon Streaming wasn't either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shomi has actually been open to everyone since the summer, and Crave switches over in January.

Amazon Video doesn't exist in Canada, but Shomi has the Amazon exclusives. Not at the same time though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Dig was created for the show.

Sort of. He's is mostly based on John Smalls from the last year of Judd Winnick's run.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nooo the Green Lantern av!

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lurdiak posted:

Nooo the Green Lantern av!

The nutting lion is pretty superior.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lightning Lord posted:

If you call and say you're thinking about quitting, they might give you a new promo.

As someone who used to sell cable for a living, yes, threatening to quit is a very fast way to get deals.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Threatening to quit didn't help me much, maybe my heart just wasn't in it. However, http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727557 did help.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy poo poo that was a fantastic loving episode of Agents of Shield.

Also they are actually going to follow through on Gorilla City in Flash and it's going to be loving awesome.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Holy poo poo that was a fantastic loving episode of Agents of Shield.
Agreed--that was a drat fine solid hour of tv.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Flash was pretty solid. I think the crew are really coming into their own in great ways, and it is fun seeing them play off each other. Caitlyn had an especially good arc last night. Also Grodd remains awesome and I loved the ending.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Also helps that the love polygons are locked in the trunk. Any love and flirting there is tends to be played for comedy or plain adorableness instead of drama, which is fantastic.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ufarn posted:

Also helps that the love polygons are locked in the trunk. Any love and flirting there is tends to be played for comedy or plain adorableness instead of drama, which is fantastic.

God yes. A show with romantic subplots that doesn't dwell on them. Imagine such a world.

Flash was great. Supergirl was alright, but I imagine it was probably better than the episode they had originally intended to show. (The preview was pure love triangle bullshit.)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There was a certain schadenfreude to seeing Winn awkwardly kiss Kara on the cheek and then be completely ignored the second James Olsen appears, evaporating into nothingness.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

greatn posted:

There was a certain schadenfreude to seeing Winn awkwardly kiss Kara on the cheek and then be completely ignored the second James Olsen appears, evaporating into nothingness.

Outside of the phone call during dinner, the love stuff was handled pretty decently this week. But maybe I just tolerated it more because there was juicy back story mystery plot to move things forward. Also good character development for Cat.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I think a lot of Smallville veterans just developed a high tolerance for love nonsense on CW shows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ha, awkward elevator fights on Gotham AND Arrow this week!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This week's Arrow seemed like the showrunners only just got around to watching Daredevil, saw those one-take tracking shot fights and said "Ooo let's do that, guys!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One shot. It took like 30 takes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
When does Arrow reach its quota for thwarting truck heists.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TwoPair posted:

This week's Arrow seemed like the showrunners only just got around to watching Daredevil, saw those one-take tracking shot fights and said "Ooo let's do that, guys!"

Hahaha I had the same reaction. At first, I was going to blame the amount of time it takes to make these episodes but considering that AoS had an Ashley Madison joke in it this week, I guess not.

The one bad thing about Arrow this season is that they seem to have put all that negative energy into Diggle in order to save the rest of the cast. ...And then they gave him a terrible mask to top it off.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The show just feels really low-budget this season. And no one gives a poo poo about the flashbacks, so cutting that out of the budget couldn't hurt.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ufarn posted:

The show just feels really low-budget this season. And no one gives a poo poo about the flashbacks, so cutting that out of the budget couldn't hurt.

Hopefully next season is the last to have flash backs, since he was only there for 5 years.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Hahaha I had the same reaction. At first, I was going to blame the amount of time it takes to make these episodes but considering that AoS had an Ashley Madison joke in it this week, I guess not.

The one bad thing about Arrow this season is that they seem to have put all that negative energy into Diggle in order to save the rest of the cast. ...And then they gave him a terrible mask to top it off.

My gf and I joke that Dig must be a better shot than Oliver since he wears a mask that would pretty much blind him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MacheteZombie posted:

My gf and I joke that Dig must be a better shot than Oliver since he wears a mask that would pretty much blind him.

He probably is a better shot with a gun. Oliver was trained in using Bows and Bow Fu. he can use a gun of course. But Dig is someone who was a top flight solider trained to use firearms specifically.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TV shows tend to portray Special Forces as if they're 00 Agents or something, but they're at least consistent about it.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ufarn posted:

That's because the budget has been slashed as usual with series running for several seasons (mostly because you don't need to pay for new sets again... oh, wait).

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Hopefully next season is the last to have flash backs, since he was only there for 5 years.
You forget the time he fell into a time-dilating dimension, which was three months our time, but three years there.

Decius posted:

That's because the budget has been slashed as usual with series running for several seasons (mostly because you don't need to pay for new sets again... oh, wait).
Yeah, I can't for the life of me understand the need to keep pimping the crib like that. All that matters are the costumes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Decius posted:

And it's not like cast and crew would ask for pay raises after years of doing the same job... Oh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Decius posted:

Source that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Source that.

It's standard operating procedure.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
In response to the BirthMoviesDeath/Bleeding Cool/Peel the Orange rumors, Quesada says Iron Fist is still "being worked on," which isn't as strong a denial as I would have liked to hear, but it's something, at least.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/joe-quesada-brushes-off-iron-fist-netflix-rumors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is Jessica Jones going to be available at Midnight or sometime later tomorrow?