Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Quick question for the Reverse Harem and Ladies Man Achievements at what point do you have to switch to the appropriately gendered party? I beat the final set of fights with Kloe and Shera but it didn't pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You have to choose two ladies or two men right when you first enter the Sealed Area, and the option pops up for the first time. You can't get either achievement at any point afterwards, so you'll have to reload for the other one. Your last autosave will be right before Lorence. Have fun! :unsmigghh:

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Really Pants posted:

You have to choose two ladies or two men right when you first enter the Sealed Area, and the option pops up for the first time. You can't get either achievement at any point afterwards, so you'll have to reload for the other one. Your last autosave will be right before Lorence. Have fun! :unsmigghh:

:woop:

Quick random graphical glitch note the "Happy Birthday 60th Anniversary" vertical banners are mirrored in the East Block but not anywhere else. Also me talking to everyone in this game also made me notice that the little girl in front of the Church during the celebrations says the same thing as her mother/older sister.

I've got a played time of on the save of over 70 hours due to my compulsive chatting...

I'd forgotten how good dear old Weissmann was at twisting the knife.

Munin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 14, 2015

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

smenj posted:

Finally finished SC. That was really, really excellent. End of chapter 8 was definitely the high point for me I reckon, what with everyone's plans coming together in one place, revelations about Olivier, etc. That was quite a bit to be hit with all at once, and the game pulled it off well.

Yeah, the end of 8 was pretty great. I never thought I'd be so happy to see Amalthea and her Intelligence Division shitweasels. I was kind of relieved because 7 felt like it was drifting dangerously near disc-two-of-Xenogears territory what with the enforced linearity.

Ending chat: I'm mildly salty that after they played the copout "oh it's FINE they're just UNCONSCIOUS, that is not AT ALL medically concerning" card what felt like a dozen times throughout the game, they figured out how to make it stick just in time to inflict maximum Joshua trauma.

Not as salty as Weissmann, though :razz:

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Did anyone else find a glitch where you beat the Blade Fang in Chapter 5, but the quest won't resolve? The journal says the monster is slain, but there's nothing saying the quest is finished. Are there others I missed?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

V-Men posted:

Did anyone else find a glitch where you beat the Blade Fang in Chapter 5, but the quest won't resolve? The journal says the monster is slain, but there's nothing saying the quest is finished. Are there others I missed?

The Blade Fang is one of three monsters the Guild asked you to hunt. While each monster has an entry in your Notebook, the actual quest has a separate entry and it doesn't finish until you kill all three.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Basically, while they're recorded as sidequests in the notebook, they're actually not and you can't report them until you can report all of them.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

This Japanese tool works: http://www.pokanchan.jp/dokuwiki/software/falcnvrt/start

For PC assets, drop the *.dat files into it and hit the leftmost button.
e: Portraits are in ED6_DT05.dat for FC and ED6_DT25.dat for SC. The SD portraits extract fine, but the tools seems to have issues with the HD ones, the colors come out wrong for those.

For PSP assets, it expects the full game ISO as input, not the individual files. If you have a PSP you can extract an ISO from your PSN download with a homebrew tool called "NP Decryptor".

Worked like a charm, thanks!

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Ah, okay. Thanks

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I was checking out my (launch!) PS3 in preparation of Cold Steel and it looks like it's died on me. When I power it on the light turns yellow then flashes red and doesn't do anything. How different are the PS3 and Vita versions of Cold Steel? I figure I can probably just play it on my PSTV if I need to but if it's inferior enough I may just go track down a cheap slim PS3 or something.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they are pretty similar, i think the vita just has slightly longer load times and slightly worse textures? what you would expect really.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The quality jump isn't as dramatic as, say, the PSP to Steam-PC versions, but it's still there. Somewhat sharper textures, a higher framerate (not that it matters for a Trails game), ability to hear That Music over large speakers, and a higher rendering resolution if you try to play it on a PSTV rather than a handheld Vita unit.

this is what that guy said

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Trails of Cold Steel localization blog is up. Nice one both for insight on what it means to localize a game, as well as on CS in particular.

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/133221080530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
"This wea bam's fae there!"

... I have no idea what that means.

At all.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm done, finally, with Trails. I'll do a complete FC and SC replay maybe sometimes this summer, but man was this game good.

Chapters 7 and 8 were mostly filler, but in a good way. After the rollercoaster that was 6 some downtime was good.
Mostly filler because the end of chapter 8 is bloody awesome and kicks the plot back in motion.

Chapter 9 is the final dungeon and man do they crank it up. Good characters interactions, nice fights, the bladelord fight was a pain and an half, Weissmann was really, really satisfying.
Especially because he was fairly easy, it fits his character: for all his arrogance he really had no clue and his plan shattered to pieces the instant something didn't go exactly as planned, while he overlooked plenty of chances to close it with a good enough result.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 15, 2015

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Omobono posted:

I'm done, finally, with Trails. I'll do a complete FC and SC replay maybe sometimes this summer, but man was this game good.

Chapters 7 and 8 were mostly filler, but in a good way. After the rollercoaster that was 6 some downtime was good.
Mostly filler because the end of chapter 8 is bloody awesome and kicks the plot back in motion.

Chapter 9 is the final dungeon and man do they crank it up. Good characters interactions, nice fights, the bladelord was a pain and an half, Weissmann was really, really satisfying.
Especially because he was fairly easy, it fits his character: for all his arrogance he really had no clue and his plan shattered to pieces the instant something didn't go exactly as planned, while he overlooked plenty of chances to close it with a good enough result.

You might want to spoiler some of that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've found a pretty big bug at the end of Chapter 3, in the fight against Amalthea. I tried to use Schera's S-Break when a mine was going off, it didn't work, and she didn't get any more turns at all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just finished all the tasks in the intro to tits 1 and did the csi scene. I like everything except the enemy variety. it feels like each location has 1 or 2 types of bad guys and i haven't come across anything that i would call a boss despite clearing out 2-3 dungeons. this is going to change right?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Supremezero posted:

"This wea bam's fae there!"

... I have no idea what that means.

At all.

"I'm from there!" maybe?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i never really noticed enemy variety one way or another, not every dungeon has a boss but there are more bosses in later chapters and lots of midboss type scripted encounters/bounty sidequests.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

just finished all the tasks in the intro to tits 1 and did the csi scene. I like everything except the enemy variety. it feels like each location has 1 or 2 types of bad guys and i haven't come across anything that i would call a boss despite clearing out 2-3 dungeons. this is going to change right?

There are more boss-type enemies later, yeah. Also, if you do all the sidequests, you can run from pretty much all the random encounters without really missing out on EXP. (It's what I did, I love the game but drat is the combat glacial at points. :v: )

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Decus posted:

"I'm from there!" maybe?

It looks like Scottish dialect. Wee means small, a bam (or bampot) is an idiot (roughly) and fae is from.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Chapter 8: I've dropped off 3 of the 4 generators. I've done nearly all the sidequests for BP but I can't seem to start the hidden one at Malga Mine. Do I need to go to the guild in Rolent first? I'm afraid to do that and lock myself into a point of no return or something.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i think so, yeah. the point of no return is when you go to grancel so it should be fine. just make a save beforehand in case.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dmboogie posted:

There are more boss-type enemies later, yeah. Also, if you do all the sidequests, you can run from pretty much all the random encounters without really missing out on EXP. (It's what I did, I love the game but drat is the combat glacial at points. :v: )

You need random encounters to build up all your S-Crafts for alpha strikes on Shining Poms.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Levantine posted:

Chapter 8: I've dropped off 3 of the 4 generators. I've done nearly all the sidequests for BP but I can't seem to start the hidden one at Malga Mine. Do I need to go to the guild in Rolent first? I'm afraid to do that and lock myself into a point of no return or something.

Make sure you've done the grancel monster quests first I think. Those are the ones people accidentally lock themselves out of if they don't visit grancel before dropping off the last generator.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Really Pants posted:

You need random encounters to build up all your S-Crafts for alpha strikes on Shining Poms.

another faster but less reliable option is spamming the instadeath art on them

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Decus posted:

Make sure you've done the grancel monster quests first I think. Those are the ones people accidentally lock themselves out of if they don't visit grancel before dropping off the last generator.

Yeah, it all worked out for the best. I ended up doing everything I could before going into the Rolent Bracer Guild. The mine quest didn't open until then. Beyond that I guess if you don't go to that path to Grancel you're not locked into anything.

382 Bracer points headed into the final chapter.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Levantine posted:

Yeah, it all worked out for the best. I ended up doing everything I could before going into the Rolent Bracer Guild. The mine quest didn't open until then. Beyond that I guess if you don't go to that path to Grancel you're not locked into anything.

382 Bracer points headed into the final chapter.

No BP in the Finale.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Decus posted:

I was the idiot that did this. Had to restart a save about two hours back when I realized what I'd done. :doh:

And jesus christ the lead-in for the final chapter is like Escalating Stakes: The Cutscene.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kyrosiris posted:

I was the idiot that did this. Had to restart a save about two hours back when I realized what I'd done. :doh:

And jesus christ the lead-in for the final chapter is like Escalating Stakes: The Cutscene.

You mean the entire second half of the game, right?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just got to the final chapter in FC and poo poo just got real.

Is the final chapter a super sized one, or should I start setting aside money for SC right now (I am definitely getting SC)

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 16, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Unlucky7 posted:

I just got to the final chapter in FC and poo poo just got real.

Is the final chapter a super sized one, or should I start setting aside money for SC right now (I am definitely getting SC)

You should start setting aside money anyway.

But it is significantly longer than the other chapters.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Supremezero posted:

You mean the entire second half of the game, right?

I mean yeah, but it goes into overdrive in the final chapter lead-in cutscenes.

I'm hoping to finish tomorrow night, but drat this has been a great ride.

Lategame spoilers: do you ever get access to a source of more grade 3/tier 5 quartz? or is it just what you find?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean yeah, but it goes into overdrive in the final chapter lead-in cutscenes.

I'm hoping to finish tomorrow night, but drat this has been a great ride.

Lategame spoilers: do you ever get access to a source of more grade 3/tier 5 quartz? or is it just what you find?

To avoid technical spoilers: Yes.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Could someone (re)upload the 100% save for TitS? I'm just getting around to starting SC and the link in the first page is dead.

My personal save is off by 2 goddamn BP because I forgot to turn in the very last monster hunt quest before the point of no return and only realized it after I'd spent several hours fighting those loving monsters-in-boxes for the ultimate weapons.
:negative:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ojetor posted:

Could someone (re)upload the 100% save for TitS? I'm just getting around to starting SC and the link in the first page is dead.

My personal save is off by 2 goddamn BP because I forgot to turn in the very last monster hunt quest before the point of no return and only realized it after I'd spent several hours fighting those loving monsters-in-boxes for the ultimate weapons.
:negative:

Here's my max BP, level 38 FC save: http://www.filedropper.com/svdat020

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Excellent! Thanks.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I am @ Chapter 4 in SC now. These Ouroborous Enforcers motherfuckers... I don't want any spoilers but please tell me you''ll get a chance to kick their asses one by one. Also, since Cold Steel coming out next month, for anyone who has played the Japanese version it as well-written Trails in the Sky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Btw, is the Heaven's Eye quartz in SC bugged? The description says it should be Eagle Eye and Information but the stats in the monster book are not populating. I am seeing enemies from afar though.