Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
today i learned a new expression in my native language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I like the bog men and bog women, but they should be less racist

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Dyna Soar posted:

brown = lightly tanned. i have a finnish friend who has dark curly hair and brown eyes and he was called a quarter-friend of the family (varttineekeri) for most of his childhood.

then i have a friend whos half tansanian so basically black and he regularily gets denied access to bars and nightclubs. dudes been born here, lived here all his life and often gets treated like poo poo because of the colour of his skin.

Jesus christ. I'm genuinely curious to know where in Finland your friend lives in if bars and nightclubs are "whites only"? :psyduck: That kind of open racism sounds really strange to me and I live in loving Southern Ostrobothnia with a foreign wife who could be considered to be a "varttineekeri".

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 11, 2015

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

TheIllestVillain posted:

what is brown in the context of finland

like any name that isnt finniällätrol kräksänankiälläkaiikiki would be foreign

It was pretty spanish, like might as well be Garcia. The girl was a ginge though so...

ive never heard of anyone being denied entry to a bar based on skin color, that sounds like a lawsuit to me. Where i live though, theres two bars on the same street and theyre basically exactly the same, same staff, prices, and everything with the exception that all the black people hang out at one, and all the racist skinheads go to the other. I go to both cause im a drunk and theyre cheap.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Jesus christ. I'm genuinely curious to know where in Finland your friend lives in if bars and nightclubs are "whites only"? :psyduck: That kind of open racism sounds really strange to me and I live in loving Southern Ostrobothnia with a foreign wife who could be considered to be a "varttineekeri".

Helsinki city. This doesn't happen every time but still often enough for me to notice, and we don't spend every weekend together or nothing like that. Often the reason is that he's had one too many and he's never the most drunken guy in the line. Also sometimes it's that he's supposedly misbehaved there before. It's not really as blatant as you know, whites only, just something you notice when you spend time with him. He gets treated differently. But I guess we also go to places most uhh, immigrants (i'd say maahanmuuttajat, basically refugees or descendents of refugees) don't go which is why he sticks out I guess.

Basically most finns can't seem to understand that there are culturally 100% Finnish people who don't look like the potato nosed bog dwellers.

Also most people start speaking english to him at first, but that's more funny than annoying (to me at least). Also when ppl ask what country are you from and he's like, I'm from Kallio how about you?

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 11, 2015

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Reminds me of the children of asian or persian immigrants in Sweden who - despite being born here and lived here their entire lives - can't talk to an older Swede without being spoken to in English.* Because, you know, there's no *way* they're Swedish.

*even better, even after saying 'I was born here, I'm native', the old condescending rear end in a top hat still speaks English. Because, well, 'I'm trying to help'.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Re: Nepotism/corruption, come to Ostrobothnia, we have such sights to show you.

:smithicide:

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Free Market Mambo posted:

Re: Nepotism/corruption, come to Ostrobothnia, we have such sights to show you.

:smithicide:

Ostrobothnia is mostly completely flat farmland and forests. This somehow has lead to the highest concentration of weird religious sects in Finland, as well as some of the most small-minded human beings to exist on this planet. These are some of the reasons why I left that place as fast as I could. :v: The forests can be nice though.

"Int ska du tro att du er naa int" is one the many words of wisdom from Ostrobothnia.

Chemtrail
Dec 29, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
So turns out Finland really is the worst country in Europe, maybe refugees were right after all?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

they managed to snap a photo of our king:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Don't listen to a loving word the telegraph says
the hell is wrong with you man

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oberleutnant posted:

Don't listen to a loving word the telegraph says
the hell is wrong with you man

It's another newspaper that shills the austerity is a good idea talking point.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I want to be a varttineekeri :(

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
oh come on, yall heard varttimanne before right?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sS7-CfPn6Q

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
On

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Q for Finns: why does your accent when speaking English sound like you have Down's syndrome?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Q for Finns: why does your accent when speaking English sound like you have Down's syndrome?

we had it first, it is they who sound like finns

shreks machine
May 24, 2015
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YvT5JBl.jpg[/IMG
sunday night mongolfuckers

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

treadi is deadi like the economi

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Umm idk if somebody from NZ is allowed to be first to throw that stone

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_idiocy

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

shreks machine posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/YvT5JBl.jpg[/timg
sunday night mongolfuckers

Solid everyday loadout.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Free Market Mambo posted:

Solid everyday loadout.

EDC finn style

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Interestingly, the phallus is a Fiskars product as well.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shreks machine posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/YvT5JBl.jpg[/timg

Every Day Carry is West Virginia.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Just a fair warning so you guys can maybe edit your posts but rubber dicks aren't really work safe. Because they still look like dicks. :ughh:

YOUR NOT MY REAL RALP

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

Just a fair warning so you guys can maybe edit your posts but rubber dicks aren't really work safe. Because they still look like dicks. :ughh:

Every Finn works at a rubber dick plant. It's a harsh life.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
My family still makes rubber dicks from tuohi (birch bark)

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
"Ilmarinen, worthy brother,
Thou the only skilful cocksmith,
Go and see her wondrous beauty,
See her gold and silver garments,
See her robed in finest raiment,
See her sitting on the rainbow,
Walking on the clouds of purple.
Mold for her the magic dildo,
Mold the scrote in many colors,
Thy reward shall be the virgin,
Thou shalt win this bride of beauty;
Go and bring the lovely maiden
To thy home in Kalevala."

shreks machine
May 24, 2015

zen death robot posted:

yankee go home

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

There's no Finnish workplace where you could get in trouble for having that image on your screen when boss walks in. At worst you'd get a disinterested "häh okei" and usually the whole office will gather around to enjoy together that amazing display of true Finnishness :finland:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
why does the finnish emote have dad gay in it

does finland even have 5 guys

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
fyi, I still can't help but nod in agreement every time I see this thread's title

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The American does not know the true glory and power of the penis. To him the gun is good and the penis is evil. He fears the penis.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Alan Smithee posted:

does finland even have 5 guys

spördö spurde :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Naxuz posted:

"häh okei"

wat da fuk finland???

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

fyi, I still can't help but nod in agreement every time I see this thread's title

Let us not stage an attack in Finland, for life is a much more cruel punishment for these infidels than the most gruesome death ever could be -Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/spurdo-sparde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

sumoi snype

• Locked thread