Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

EL BROMANCE posted:

And yes, I love how any straight men on the show they do have are eventually poisoned and made just as bad as the gang.

Dee's father technically isn't a terrible person yet. But ironically his actor seems to be, so he might not appear again. That might be the only way for characters of this show to not sink to that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Air is lava! posted:

Dee's father technically isn't a terrible person yet. But ironically his actor seems to be, so he might not appear again. That might be the only way for characters of this show to not sink to that level.

He was willing to see how far Frank and Dee would go in regards to their con.
I do not remember Ben the Soldier being completely horrible.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 16, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bobkatt013 posted:

I do not remember Ben the Soldier being completely horrible.

Ben the solider is a good guy, and Carmen (the transwoman Mac dated) and her husband seemed like good people. Also good are the Mexican family the gang kidnapped, Schmitty, and Pete.

So yeah, not everyone who interacts with the gang gets tainted provided they're able to get away from them fast enough.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Fatty Magoo

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Air is lava! posted:

He gives money to terrorists and bangs little baby dudes.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The lawyer is pretty much the most prominent 'straight man' in the show, he also comes to help people who are forced to interact with the gang and is completely immune to their bullshit. I love that guy.

Had Dee been a straight man like she is in the first season we would have missed out on a lot of hilarity and instead got a lot of "Guys I don't think this is such a good idea" moments, that's why it would have sucked if she wasn't as scummy as the rest of them.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah, the lawyer is the best, and I'm excited to see him again this season.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also good are ... Schmitty.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ben the solider is a good guy, and Carmen (the transwoman Mac dated) and her husband seemed like good people. Also good are the Mexican family the gang kidnapped, Schmitty, and Pete.

So yeah, not everyone who interacts with the gang gets tainted provided they're able to get away from them fast enough.

Their time will come.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PittTheElder posted:

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.

Well, better than he would have been had he stuck with the gang.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Their time will come.

Well, not the husband. He died.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The lawyer is pretty much the most prominent 'straight man' in the show, he also comes to help people who are forced to interact with the gang and is completely immune to their bullshit. I love that guy.

Had Dee been a straight man like she is in the first season we would have missed out on a lot of hilarity and instead got a lot of "Guys I don't think this is such a good idea" moments, that's why it would have sucked if she wasn't as scummy as the rest of them.

The lawyer is exactly the prime straight man character I was imagining, just a person utterly above their bullshit but forced more and more to engage with them.

Imagine if First Season Dee was there to be like "Oh geez this is so embarrassing I'm with you lawyer guy." That would have brought everything down.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think it's basically anyone that WILLINGLY hangs out with the gang because tainted, because they are the dictionary definition of Toxic. All the people you mentioned that haven't become awful are the ones who are forced into hanging with the gang.

And the McPoyles.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I think it's basically anyone that WILLINGLY hangs out with the gang because tainted, because they are the dictionary definition of Toxic. All the people you mentioned that haven't become awful are the ones who are forced into hanging with the gang.

And the McPoyles.

The waitress does not want to hang with them, but is forced to.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
She does whatever Dennis says for basically every season after they date, so I don't count that. She still wants his approval, even though he is just awful and she knows it. She also hosed Frank on purpose.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

She does whatever Dennis says for basically every season after they date, so I don't count that. She still wants his approval, even though he is just awful and she knows it. She also hosed Frank on purpose.

She could not resist the wads of cash and magnum condoms for his magnum dong

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think the lawyer might be my favorite secondary character. He deals with all their craziness and it all just slides off him. He seems to genuinely enjoy when they get into a mess and he gets a chance to bury them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I think the lawyer might be my favorite secondary character. He deals with all their craziness and it all just slides off him. He seems to genuinely enjoy when they get into a mess and he gets a chance to bury them.

Also get challenged to a duel and he has a gun in a drawer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bust Rodd posted:

She also hosed Frank on purpose.

Charlie's silent tears as she screams at Dennis that she hosed Frank are amazing.

nopants
May 29, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Also get challenged to a duel and he has a gun in a drawer.

The lawyer and Charlie have some amazing chemistry. I want to see a cereal defense type episode with Charlie persecuting the lawyer.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Charlie's law speeches are all amazing. The broken old timey english he uses when talking to the lawyer is also always gold.

I feel like I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The little :ohdear: Charlie does when the lawyer is describing how he's going to shoot him is the funniest thing Charlie Day has ever done on the show.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Cojawfee posted:

The lawyer is probably the only character who almost always wins out over the gang. Examples being kitten mittens and the divorce. A great character.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Air is lava! posted:

http://jezebel.com/7th-heaven-dads-alleged-underage-victim-his-penis-was-1690948005

He's not coming back or acting any time soon.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

bobkatt013 posted:

She could not resist the wads of cash and monster condoms for his magnum dong

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I bought a RIOT shirt a few weeks ago and it has still not arrived. I'm about to come down on that company like the hammer of thor. The thunder of my vengeance will echo through this thread like the gust of a thousand wings

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I'm sure it's wrong to feel this way, but I still laughed at this. (And then I felt guilty.)

"'So again, i just let it go. It felt really strange but he's been in France. Maybe he just can't stand to have clothes on for any more than ten minutes."

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_GLwloCo4

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
you set one bitch on fire...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

drunken officeparty posted:

I bought a RIOT shirt a few weeks ago and it has still not arrived. I'm about to come down on that company like the hammer of thor. The thunder of my vengeance will echo through this thread like the gust of a thousand wings

When Dennis finishes ranting, and he looks around dazedly, smacking his lips, I always lose my poo poo.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

emanresu tnuocca posted:

you set one bitch on fire...

You just made my list, pal.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

ChesterJT posted:

You just made my list, pal.

Your list?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-interview-298

Jesus, 10 years?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

quote:

We're doing an entire episode that takes place from Frank's point of view; you never see Frank's face, apart from in the mirror. So we're doing what we always do; we're experimenting.

Gonna be interesting.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Gonna be interesting.

Calling it right now, there's going to be at least one visual reference to "Smack My Bitch Up."

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I don't like how one of them says they're going to "face the music" and write season 12 next year. Is that gonna be the end?

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Gonna be interesting.

Now block the wind, I'm gonna roast this bone

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

robot roll call posted:

I don't like how one of them says they're going to "face the music" and write season 12 next year. Is that gonna be the end?

i really hope we get a season 25 where they're all super old and the storyline is like abortionhitler grinding down dee for crack residue while charlie has become an actual humansized rat, still wielding the chain bat, frank has been in the grave for 12 seasons, mac has become a version of country-mac so intense it blinds you, and dennis is a handsome golden god. cricket is a brain in a jar.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So, I was watching the good old Bums Making a Mess of the City episode and caught this little funny bit from the opening scene.

They are watching a bum jack off in the alley and Mac has a, "What are you looking at dicknose" shirt on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

robot roll call posted:

Even so, 12 years still puts them as one of the longest running comedies ever, beating Fraiser, Seinfeld, Cheers, etc.