Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

So they are doing the reincarnation version and not the alien version. Probably more budget friendly. Otoh, Savage seems to have replaced Hath-Set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

AshB posted:

I'm amazed at how little reaction there was in this thread to Gorilla City being an actual thing they're showing us on TV. Holy poo poo, I'm hyped.

Now that we know there's a portal to gorilla city, I'm hoping one of those portals goes to earth-9602

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

Now that we know there's a portal to gorilla city, I'm hoping one of those portals goes to earth-9602

Unless Earth 9602 is also in Earth-2, it's unlikely.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

CeeJee posted:

That wrist gadget Wells wears should have gone apeshit with Zoom in the room wouldn't it ?

It's an app on his Wells-pple watch, not a standalone device.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AshB posted:

Endpoint? I didn't see it that way at all. I'm pretty sure Grodd is not on good terms with the denizens of Gorilla City in other media, and I could see him somehow manipulating his fellow gorilla kind to get revenge in the show. This whole episode was setup for Grodd to have a reason to hate Caitlin, who he'll see as "betraying him" by deceptively banishing him to another dimension. Am I the only one who saw the episode as leaving room for follow-up stories?

The way Wells went off about how he'd promised Grodd the city while Caitlin and Cisco are giving each other these what-the-hell looks leaves me wondering whether Wells had some kinda sinister schemes for whatever his version of Grodd was in Earth 2.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

The way Wells went off about how he'd promised Grodd the city while Caitlin and Cisco are giving each other these what-the-hell looks leaves me wondering whether Wells had some kinda sinister schemes for whatever his version of Grodd was in Earth 2.

Kind of far-fetched, but possible. Earth-1 Wells created Grodd, so it's possible Earth-2 Wells created an army of intelligent gorillas, and when he ran into Grodd on Earth-1, decided to send him to Gorilla City to lead the others or something.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Why are we comparing Earth-1 Wells to Earth-2 Wells when Earth-1 Wells wasn't actually Wells. Unless this dude is also Eobard Thawne what would make us think these two did similar things?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Doesn't matter man, we're all speculating and making poo poo up at this point.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also a reminder that just because he's in a city of his own kind didn't mean Grodd isn't a dick by gorilla standards. The running theme in the comics is that Gorilla City would be a utopia except Grodd keeps escaping custody and loving everything up.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

mikeraskol posted:

Why are we comparing Earth-1 Wells to Earth-2 Wells when Earth-1 Wells wasn't actually Wells. Unless this dude is also Eobard Thawne what would make us think these two did similar things?

Earth 1 wells was a good guy, while Earth 2 wells is his selfish, power-motivated duplicate. Even though he's not Thawne, Harry (Wells2) is slightly eviler than DeadWells, but both are not nearly as evil and selfish as Thawne.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

cool kids inc. posted:

Cisco and Puppet Flash would be a thing of great and incredible beauty. I'm SO SAD that's not going to actually happen.

Ben Edlund is too busy with Gotham. Maybe if that gets cancelled...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bentacos posted:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to do Grodd as time goes on since they've already done the modeling and stuff? I know not everything can be reused, but certainly some of it can? Serious question because I have no idea how that works.

I imagine that a lot of the existing renders would help but the cost is that the new footage would have to be contrived to match what was already modeled. Doing anything like Gorilla City--unless you wanted 2 or 3 shadowed apes talking in the sewer the entire time--would be impossible because that'd require new interaction models, renders, and lighting. And that's all if you can keep Barry sidelined for 85% of the episode like this one just did.

The producers on this show are seriously underrated for what excellent use they get out of their budgets, but there's always an upper limit to what someone can do.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

enraged_camel posted:

Kind of far-fetched, but possible. Earth-1 Wells created Grodd, so it's possible Earth-2 Wells created an army of intelligent gorillas, and when he ran into Grodd on Earth-1, decided to send him to Gorilla City to lead the others or something.

I suppose so - just the impression I have of Wells, I guess. The whole way through that scene where Jay confronts him at his press conference and reveals that he created metahumans, all I could think of was all the times in the John Byrne Superman comics or the DCAU series where Luthor would be in his office, having just finished covering up his part in the scheme-of-the-week, then he'd turn round and Superman would be floating outside his window looking all, "I can't prove it, but I know it was you, Luthor."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I don't want a puppet cancer episode!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CobiWann posted:

Good for you because he doesn't have puppet cancer.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I just had a thought last night. What if, as they are closing the portals they notice one moving around and it turns out to be a dude. We could get Chunk!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Good for you because he doesn't have puppet cancer.

That is one of the greatest hours of television ever crafted.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Do you also hate ice cream, puppies, and orgasms?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Nah. He was just that good at acting like Wells-1. They were just spooked at how much he resembled his doppleganger in that instance.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's probably much more likely.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rhyno posted:

That is one of the greatest hours of television ever crafted.

I was so prepared to hate this episode when I saw the trailer, but you're right. It was such a perfect episode.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I started watching the first season on Netflix. Big showdown with Cold Gun Man and Hot Gun Man. The bad guys have literally told the entire city where they want to have a showdown. The cops are present, not even a block away.

Containment zone? Containment!? YOU KNEW WHERE THEY'D BE HOURS IN ADVANCE. YOU PEOPLE HAVE GUNS. SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE WITH YOUR GUNS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CobiWann posted:

I was so prepared to hate this episode when I saw the trailer, but you're right. It was such a perfect episode.

James Marsters should have won an award for that puppet wrestling scene.

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

kater posted:

Pick a cast member. That is who Zoom is.

Zoom is Earth-2 Barry Allen.

I'm sure that I'm not the first one to posit this theory.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Jokes on all of you. Zoom is from Earth-8.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Zoom is Keyser Söze.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deuce posted:

I started watching the first season on Netflix. Big showdown with Cold Gun Man and Hot Gun Man. The bad guys have literally told the entire city where they want to have a showdown. The cops are present, not even a block away.

Containment zone? Containment!? YOU KNEW WHERE THEY'D BE HOURS IN ADVANCE. YOU PEOPLE HAVE GUNS. SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE WITH YOUR GUNS.

counterpoint: comicbooks

(yes they shouldve been shot in the face repeatedly)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Deuce posted:

Well they did have a hostage with a dead man's switch bomb attached to her. Apart from that, it was dumb especially after she had been saved and they knew she had been saved.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You can tell this is a fantasy show by the way cops aren't trying to kill criminals all the time.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, they are white.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Isn't Wentworth Miller half black?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

bunnyofdoom posted:

No, you're thinking of Firestorm.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wentworth Miller is part everything. But yes, he has both a maternal and paternal black grandparent.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Zoom is Spiderman because out of their infinite cruelty Sony only let Marvel use him if DC got to use him too.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Red Queen posted:

Zoom is Spiderman because out of their infinite cruelty Sony only let Marvel use him if DC got to use him too.

They're only allowed to use the Spider-clone

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

I dont know posted:

Wentworth Miller is part everything. But yes, he has both a maternal and paternal black grandparent.

So it would be a hate crime on so many levels.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zoom is actually Earth-1 Barry and it'll go all Fight Club

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

CobiWann posted:

I love that episode. I'm just annoyed now that I know that the episodes after that are a series of total dick punches starting with a Hole in the World.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Watching season 1 finale, lost it at

"...because I'm not at all interested in helping you get yourself killed."
"I need you to build a time machine."
"... :frogon: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

HOLY poo poo HE'S COMING BACK. KING SHARK IS COMING BACK