Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Decided to spend some time consolidating trade routes and stabilizing my settlements (i.e. giving my "major" areas such as Sanctuary and the Castle full facilities, while giving the smaller ones food/water/defense balance without too many small things) and I find myself enjoying the pace, weirdly enough. I'm getting a fairly steady stream of Minuteman missions over the radio so I've got a decent flow of experience, caps and items coming in.

There's something strangely rewarding about seeing the Commonwealth slowly populate and having Minuteman patrols areas you've cleared. :3:

BambooEarpick posted:

I'm using a 50cal now. 185 range with 112 accuracy. Misses pretty often at ranges I'd actually want to snipe from but don't seem that far.

Ah, yeah, in that case I think it's just the game being a bit derpy with ranges and accuracy drop-off. I'm using a .50 caliber as well - deliberately took the scope off as I'm a sucker for bolt action rifles :v: - with the same range. Not sure if there's some small bullet drop simulation going on or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Iceshade posted:

Aye.

It fires 5 beams with each pull of the trigger, ammo capacity is 36. Supposedly the bleeding effect triggers on every beam hit, so according to my calculations this thing is broken as gently caress.

Thanks. A laser shotgun sounds pretty :krad:. What levels in Gun Nut and/or Science do you need to mod it that way?

On a general note, I love how you can mod guns so much in this game that they can become totally different guns in the end.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Anyone been to the old folks home yet? Pretty fun location.

If you're wondering, the safes hold only meds and jets. Kinda lame.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Thanks. A laser shotgun sounds pretty :krad:. What levels in Gun Nut and/or Science do you need to mod it that way?

On a general note, I love how you can mod guns so much in this game that they can become totally different guns in the end.

Science covers these laser rifles. I've got Science 2, and you need Science 3 to completely upgrade them (like, it unlocks one or two more mods which make it a bit better but otherwise 2 is good).

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Are there any .45 ACP hand guns? I got a snubnosed .44 which is pretty cool, but I have 400 .45 I'd like to use, but not in this combat rifle. Also :lol: at a 'combat rifle' chambered in .45 ACP.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
If I've got a Sniper character and a Melee character, what else can I make an alt of? I'm thinking a high CHA/INT character focused on getting Robot Expert/Intimidation/Wasteland Whisperer/whatever to enslave recruit NPCs to do my bidding.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Protons posted:

Are there any .45 ACP hand guns? I got a snubnosed .44 which is pretty cool, but I have 400 .45 I'd like to use, but not in this combat rifle. Also :lol: at a 'combat rifle' chambered in .45 ACP.

I think the combat rifle is the only gun that uses .45, which is bizarre. I'm not complaining though, it's a good weapon when fully upgraded in all aspects with a .45 receiver.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I've found a few pipe revolvers in .45. Shame the pipe guns are just so bland.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, I can confirm that you get a shitload more caps by using Fortune Finder. Had it at Rank 2 for a while, I've got thousands of caps at level 12 where before I was lucky to break a few hundred by that level. It is HUGELY profitable. The same goes for Ammo Scrounger, because after a while you start randomly finding Fusion Cores in ammo boxes, which before were so very difficult for me to hunt down. That Power Armor is going to see a LOT more use now.

Naturally, if you're playing the economy game and have settlements set up to generate lots of Purified Water for you to sell Fortune Finder shouldn't be necessary, but that's the thing, different playstyles for different results.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Iceshade posted:

Aye.

It fires 5 beams with each pull of the trigger, ammo capacity is 36. Supposedly the bleeding effect triggers on every beam hit, so according to my calculations this thing is broken as gently caress.

Does Bleed / Burning stack? I had assumed it didn't.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Iceshade posted:

Aye.

Does anyone know if each beam strike would have a chance of proccing four leaf clover in vats?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I skipped 1200 posts in this thread. Jesus Christ.

So check every power armor you come across, kids. I found a set that LOOKED like a full suit of T-51, but it was actually X-01 when I selected it to jump in. Now if I could only find the last piece of T-45 that I need to finish my collection. I should have kept the stuff from the beginning of the game but I didn't know I'd want it. I want a set of Minute Men painted armor and for some reason that only goes on T-45. I think I junked it a while back and I've got everything but the right arm. :(

Also, I have a Freezing Shishkabob. Why?

A lot of my Legendary drops are loving garbage. Freezing Fatmen, Poisoned rocket launchers, anti-animal security batons..

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 21, 2015

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mass Fusion quest problem:

So I teleported to the building with Allie Filmore and killed all the BoS people, but I can't proceed any further because the game wants me to hack an advanced terminal and I can't because I never put any points into hacking, and you don't have a companion for this quest. Also I can't fast travel away.

Am I hosed?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Frankston posted:

So I teleported to the building with Allie Filmore and killed all the BoS people, but I can't proceed any further because the game wants me to hack an advanced terminal and I can't because I never put any points into hacking, and you don't have a companion for this quest. Also I can't fast travel away.

Am I hosed?

Look around for a password or an alternative route or something. There shouldn't be a point where you're forced to have specific perks to proceed.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Saw this post on reddit the other day which I found to be pretty interesting as well as incredibly :spergin:. Guy tested a bunch of stuff relating to legendary prefixes and resistances.

I don't necessarily agree that bleeding is -all- that good though. It can be great situationally but I've found that most enemies die long before the bleed dot can have much of an effect. Very limited usefulness when poo poo is dying in 1-2 hits. Could I hit something with a single bleed shotgun blast and then let the dot finish them off without taking a second shot? Sure, but gently caress that. I'm not gonna let him continue attacking me while he slowly dies just so I can conserve a single shell.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Frankston posted:

Am I hosed?

is this before you get in the lift? I think there's a holotape with a password, up top in the office if I remember right. If it's after that, when you get stopped by the BoS powering down the lift, the terminal is a shortcut and you can take the long way down, dropping floor to floor.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Is there a way to stop the launcher auto-scanning and resetting graphics options on every launch? I've got everything pretty much how i want it but then the launcher resets everything to max (including godrays etc which i don't care about).

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It was in a desk nearby :downs:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Enourmo posted:

Is there a way to stop the launcher auto-scanning and resetting graphics options on every launch? I've got everything pretty much how i want it but then the launcher resets everything to max (including godrays etc which i don't care about).

Remember how you have everything, click on the "Low" preset, THEN re-set all the options. Should be good after that.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

nosl posted:

What spot in particular does the X-01 power armor spawn? I held off on picking it up until level 30, almost ready to grab it and want to make sure I don't gently caress up and get it a level early.

I'm 42 and no suit I've encountered in the wild has been X-01 yet

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Are all .308 guns poo poo, or what? I never use them and I have amassed like 3000 rounds.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm level 53 and I've found one X-01 suit so far and it was missing a leg and an arm.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Enourmo posted:

Do you have your .ini files set to read-only? If yes, you may have set it to RO while the graphics were set to high and now nothing else will stick. If no, maybe try setting everything to low and then change it to RO.

Alternatively, can you skip the launcher by running the game .exe directly?

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

The Lone Badger posted:

Does Bleed / Burning stack? I had assumed it didn't.

Bleeding does, on every single hit (so shotgun + bleeding is hilarious and broken), but burning doesn't. But hey, it's another DoT. I ain't complaining.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Azhais posted:

http://kotaku.com/where-to-find-fallout-4s-best-power-armor-1743560356

Go nuts :)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So is there no way to shortcut bind sets of armor? Just single items?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

so i've been base building in sanctuary a little and i've never been very creative with stuff like this. what would help me tremendously is a command to delete static objects. anyone know of one? I just found out about ScrapAll which makes cleaning up new settlements much easier but this leaves buildings and stuff in place. I want to get rid of houses in sanctuary.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Added Polish and Spanish translations. With these additions, Full Dialogue Interface now supports nearly half of the languages Fallout 4 was released in.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cirosan posted:

Added Polish and Spanish translations. With these additions, Full Dialogue Interface now supports nearly half of the languages Fallout 4 was released in.

Excellent work.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

afkmacro posted:

so i've been base building in sanctuary a little and i've never been very creative with stuff like this. what would help me tremendously is a command to delete static objects. anyone know of one? I just found out about ScrapAll which makes cleaning up new settlements much easier but this leaves buildings and stuff in place. I want to get rid of houses in sanctuary.

Open console
Click on object, which will show you its ID at the top of the window
Type disable
If you delete something by accident and you still have it "selected", you can bring it back with "enable"

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Met posted:

So is there no way to shortcut bind sets of armor? Just single items?

Just rename your armor and put a >,-.#.$ or other special symbol of your choice in front of the name like I did. I also helps stop that ridiculous auto-naming scheme they've got going on.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

welp the thing I described in this thread just happened

Minorkos posted:

in my case bethesda games are typically fun for 20-40 hours, but then the illusion of an immersive and highly interactive game world collapses and the game loses all its magic. after that point the game becomes completely unplayable and the whole deal also somehow sours all the prior hours spent playing the game.

i'm still having fun with fallout 4 but i know it will all come crashing down soon

I hit the point where the next main story quest said "The Nuclear Option" and I've more or less ran out of sidequests as well. I thought there would be more quests to do since there are so many companions to level up. alas

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I think the combat rifle is the only gun that uses .45, which is bizarre. I'm not complaining though, it's a good weapon when fully upgraded in all aspects with a .45 receiver.

Oh what the gently caress. New Vegas you're hit in the head with falling 9mm Hi Powers, but Boston can't make a single .45? Why the hell is there a 'combat rifle' chambered in .45? .45 is a pistol round, which would make it a combat carbine at the very least.

:psyduck:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

^The pipe revolver takes .45 .

How come secretive underground organisations always have headquarters that are larger and more populous than any normal city?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Protons posted:

Oh what the gently caress. New Vegas you're hit in the head with falling 9mm Hi Powers, but Boston can't make a single .45? Why the hell is there a 'combat rifle' chambered in .45? .45 is a pistol round, which would make it a combat carbine at the very least.

The "combat rifle" is a carbine. The assault rifle is a different gun and is chambered for 5.56.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Protons posted:

Because Josh Sawyer didn't work on Fallout 4. :(

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Protons posted:

Judging by this loading screen it looks like more guns were planned but cut. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pistol that used .45 planned.

Though from my non-gun person point of view that one in particular looks like a russian or chinese pistol so it probably wasn't whatever that was.

A relative lack of weapons, especially coming off New Vegas which seemed to have a ton, is one of my biggest disappointments with the game. Even a couple higher end "Pipe gun" type weapons that were hugely moddable would have been nice.

Edit: God I loving loved in FONV that I could basically just be a revolver guy if I wanted.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 22, 2015

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Azhais posted:

Check at the top of the 35 Court building.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Basically, Obsidian has more nerds working for them that are anal about gun accuracy than Bethesda, who still make video game shotguns useless outside of 4 feet away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The Lone Badger posted:

^The pipe revolver takes .45 .

How come secretive underground organisations always have headquarters that are larger and more populous than any normal city?

It's easy to be larger and more populous when you're secretive because you don't have raiders and supermutants showing up at the door every five minutes looking for some loot and pillage.

• Locked thread