Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'll try to help. How do people come up with or even figure out the rituals that they need for this supernatural stuff?

It's probably all written in the Necronomicon. No one wants to show any of the text in film or literature because it's all just really boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

We're put back into control of Satoshi's party now. We're surrounded by corpses, and I instinctively try to get nametags off of them, but there is no flavor text or anything for any of them.

Alas, the corpses are only for show.

We continue south out of the room.

And cross this very thin walkway, surrounded by yet more corpses.

And we arrive on the other end of the room Yoshiki and Ayumi entered last time. We enter.

We can't exit to the west, east, or south. We can only enter the hole in the center of the room.

And we arrive in a bizarre door maze.

The different doors take us to different rooms.

They're all visually distinct and the doors lead to different rooms, but it seems that no matter what route you choose, you eventually end up in the right spot. I did experiment with different routes on different playthroughs, and some are faster than others, but they all got me there eventually.

We arrive in an empty hallway, and head north.

Oh!

Since the sound effect that plays is kind of unclear, at the end of the last update, the girl in red dropped the two of them into the basement.

Mochida!
Screw that. Didya find that damned body yet?
No, but somehow, I can feel it... It's definitely...close...

Yuka, what's up?
Big brother, my head has been aching since earlier...

Music: Eeriness

Hyaaah!
Yuka!?
Big brother, it hurts! It feels like my head is splitting wide open!
Yuka, what's wrong?!

Sound Effect: Bash

Uuaaaaa...!

It huuurts!! Help me, big brooootheeeer!
Hang in there, Yuka! Hey! I'm right here! I'm right next to you!

Who!? Who's there!?

...What do you plan to do with my body!? Dig it up and show it off like it's some trophy!?...How dare you! Your deaths shall be blood covered!...

We've come this far! What will going back prove!?
...Ooh, how surprising. The dumb apes don't understand speech. How about this?...I'll share with you my recipe! Tete a la mode!...Be sure to watch carefully as this girl's skin is marinated with her own brain tissue!...

YUKA!?

No! NOOOO!

Help meeee, big brooother!

Music: None

Yuka starts to bleed and collapses onto the floor.

Music: Elegy

The friendly girl becomes a ball of flame and hurls herself at the less than friendly girl.

And they both disappear.

Big brother...?
Are, are you okay!?
I think so...

I think I can feel her presence...
She saved us... She saved Yuka.
But... I think that girl took great pains to even do that much...

You...
It's that girl's spirit. Are you okay?
...I'm sorry. Her power has grown too great... I...can't stand against her any longer...That's why...before I disappear...I...pass...my...strength...onto...you...
...No matter what, you all must keep living!...

The girl in red fades away.

At last, our full group is together, and we're ready to bring an end to this.

Since 5 people don't fit in an RPG Maker party, we are now Satoshi et al.

We continue north to...a dead end.

It's a dead end...

Suddenly, a hole opens up in the floor!

And it expands, I guess...?

I'm not really sure what this graphic is supposed to represent. Falling down a hole? Falling through a hole that drops us into a bigger hole into a bigger hole? I have no clue.

Eventually, a small red square starts to expand beneath us.

And we land in a small red room. We're put into control of Satoshi, and can walk around and talk to our friends.

Oooow...
I feel something strange on this floor...it's all sticky...
...Are you alright, Satoshi?
Ugh...the floor was rotted... Speaking of rotted, what's that smell?

Finished talking to our buddies, we continue north through the one exit the room has.

Heeey! There's something over here!

Sound Effect: Surprise!

We've arrived.

Is that the ghost's body...?
I think so...
Ya think we gotta bury her?
Yeah. Don't suppose you brought a shovel with you?
I believe we should cremate her.
We can figure something out later. For now, let's just take her body.

Music: Sadness

...Did you think you were doing me a favor?! Did you think I was lonely?! You don't know anything!...I can never cross over! You ignorant worms!...
We know. We all know your sad story...
You...told us. The other you.
...Me? ...The other...me?...

Your sorrow, your pain, your bitterness... I can understand it a little...
There is a time in our lives where we all will eventually lose someone precious to us. I can understand that.
But... there's no reason in making any more victims like you, right?
Shinozaki...

Shall we head back?
...Yes...

...You all have not suffered nearly enough!...You think you can fix ME? Arrogant filth!...I won't let you!...

Music: Emergency

...AaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAh!...I... I will kill you alll...I will butcher you like sheep!...

Big brother, I'm scared!!
Yuka, stay close!

...I'm sorry! I can't control her at all! Please, run! I can't do anything against her!...

...There's no running! Only death! I'll tear you apart!...

Music: Vengeful Spirit
(listen to this)

BOSS FIGHT OUT OF loving NOWHERE

Okay, it's not really "out of nowhere." Before we're thrust into battle, we're given a quick rundown of all our characters' individual abilities and we're asked to pick three. I picked the three who aren't the Mochida siblings.

Satoshi is a fighter. He has no magic skills, but he has the highest attack power.
Naomi is a mage. She casts offensive spells and has higher MP than the others.
Yuka is a healer. She has AOE healing spells, but lower MP than the others.
Yoshiki is a buffer. He can buff our party and debuff the girl in red.
Ayumi is also a healer. She has higher MP than Yuka, but no AOE heals. She has a revival spell, however.

Naomi has PSYCHIC WAVE and PSYCHIC SURGE which both sound super cool. Surge only deals about 70 damage, so using Psychic Wave four times is significantly better damage-wise, it just takes longer. We have her use Psychic Wave every turn she gets.

Yoshiki starts by lowering the vengeful spirit's strength. Doing this causes her physical attacks to deal 0 damage, so it's highly recommended. After that, I have him lower her defense and buff his own attack power, then switch to physical attacks.

Ayumi has a bunch of healing spells. When no one's hurt, she attacks.

The iron lever comes in handy for this fight. It's an item you can use repeatedly to deal 25 damage. It's stronger than Ayumi's regular attack, so I have her use it every turn she's free from needing to heal.

The Vengeful Spirit has a few skills.

Concentrate Evil, which restores 30 HP
Attack, which deals a small amount of damage (or 0 damage if you impede strength)
Evil Filament, which either deals 6 HP to the entire party, or 15 HP to the entire party. The damage dealt is determined at random.
Rotten Stench, which poisons a single party member
Faint, which instantly kills a single party member (usually misses)

As the battle wears on, someone will inevitably run out of MP. The game is also nice enough to provide us with some items before the battle. The items they select for you depends on the party you bring into battle. Since we have a lot of casters, we have two full MP restores, as well as a revive. If we brought neither Yuka nor Ayumi along, and thus had no healers, we'd have HP restorative items.

We continue plucking away at her as much as we can, with Yoshiki's physical attacks dealing the brunt of the damage.

Eventually, we are victorious.

0EXP, 0G

This whole thing is really bizarre and out of place, but it's honestly implemented pretty well. It requires you to think and strategize; you can't just mash attack and win, but it's not too hard or unfair, unless you get unlucky and she uses the 15 damage variant of Evil Filament twice in a row and kills you immediately (this happened to me once in 8 fights with her over the course of recording this LP.

I certainly understand why they didn't include this weird-rear end RPG battle in the remake, because it's super out of place. It's not poorly done though, it's just weird.

And now that the vengeful spirit is defeated, we can enjoy the ending next time...

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
:psyduck:

Yup, definitely an RPG maker game.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Well that sure was a thing! I can't say that I expected the spirit to be defeated by beating it to death with an iron lever.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'll admit, I laughed.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
drat, I thought for sure killing the boss would be enough to level up

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
For all the gross decisions in Corpse PSParty, this story is way less interesting.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

For all the gross decisions in Corpse PSParty, this story is way less interesting.

Not really, no. It's a lot simpler but it also has some thematic consistency. For the PSP remake it feels like they just threw in every idea they had, regardless of if they knew what to do with it, so it ends up being incredibly disjointed and the further along you go it becomes harder to care.

The duality of the spirit actually makes some sense here, and I love that she's just so pissed at humanity that she'll just pull random people into the space between spaces. The whole "teacher tried to rape her" thing is trying way too hard to be edgy and shocking though.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
It's all a little Silent Hill: The Movie.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

...Thank...you...

Her spirit calmed, the girl disappears.

Crap, the school!
W-We should run!
But where!? We're trapped down here!
Shut up! I hear something!

Sound Effect: Chime

Wha...?

...Everyone! Hurry! They're trying to use forbidden magic! They're going to use you all as a sacrifice!...
Forbidden? That doesn't sound good...
...This school relies on my spiritual powers. With that diminishing, the spirits are looking for a new source to sustain themselves...Forgive me... it was all... my fault...
Wh-what should we do? This place is going under, but where do we run!?
...Run to Classroom 2-9! That's the closest place to your own world!...When the bell rings ten times, their ceremony will be complete!...So, if you hear it nine times, you must hurry!...

And now it's time for the escape sequence!

Video: Escape

There's a wall in this room we can destroy, so we set about finding it.

Every so often, the bell rings. It doesn't do it at regular intervals; I'm not really sure how it decides when to ring next. There's no on-screen timer, and in the 9 times I ran this, it seemed like the timer wasn't exactly the same length every time.

As we stumble around groping at the wall (I honestly did not know the correct route when I recorded this. It adds to the tension!), we eventually find the correct spot.

-- Break it? --

Yes

No

THIS IS IT! Hey, guys, I found it!

Immediately after exiting the boss room, we come to a fork. I take the middle path. The path on the right is the shortest, and the path on the left seems too long to actually reach the end. When I tried it, I got nowhere close to the finish before I ran out of time.

Taking the north path, we run across an invisible walkway. The third chime rings as we cross.

It lets us out through a hole in the floor in this hallway. As we run down it, the chime rings for the fourth and fifth time.

We keep running, and head down the stairs. The chime rings a sixth time.

We round the corner, and head upstairs.

Oh, I'm lost and also bad at video games.

We run back downstairs and head west. The chime rings again.

Sometimes the bell chimes two times right in a row. On one run it literally chimed, I took a step, and it chimed again. I really have no idea how it determines how long to wait between chimes, it seems almost random.

As we approach the stairway to class 2-9, the tenth chime rings.

The lights go out, but we do have a short grace period before we're given a game over. We dash up the stairs.

And run into the classroom, just barely in time.

VIDEO ENDS HERE

...? It's...shining?
Do we have to...jump into it?
Will we be okay?

...You made it in time, thank God! Now enter the light! Don't turn away!...Take heed at my advice! Do NOT turn around! No matter what!...If you turn away, the light will disintegrate your bodies! So whatever you do...don't turn away!...

Music: Main Theme 3

We enter the light and start moving forward.

The girl reminds us once more not to turn away, and we continue going.

...Wait! That's not the right way! If you go that way, you'll fall into the afterlife!...Stop! Turn back!...

We press onward.

She said "Don't turn away, no matter what," so I continue to ignore this advice.

Music: Horror

The light grows even brighter, but we keep going.

Naomi, Ayumi and Yuka appear behind us. But we don't turn to look at them, and instead continue moving forward.

And then we hit a wall. Our forward progress has stopped, but we still do not turn away, instead pressing ourselves against the wall and waiting.

Background Sound: Rain

Everyone glances around the room.

Ah...
We're back...
Our class! It's our classroom!
No way... We made it... We made it back alive?!

Upon this declaration of victory, we're placed into control of Satoshi and are able to walk around and talk to everyone.

What time is it? Gah, it's past 3 A.M.!
It feels like it was even longer than that... Does time move differently in the other world?

Big brother...
Yuka...

Oh thank God... *sniffle*

After talking to everyone, I head for the classroom door.

I totally agree.
Man, I can't get over how late it is.
Heeheehee.

Background Sound: None

I glance over my shoulder, taking account of Yuka, Naomi, Shinozaki, and Yoshiki. Thank God, we're all alive! Safe and sound. Everyone was thinking the same thing... "Thank God we're free." But we dared not jinx ourselves.

Hey, stupid. Go after her.
Y...yeah...

Satoshi...

Yeah...
C'mon, let's go home. Our parents must be worried sick.
That girl... She must have been suffering for decades...before we were even born.
All alone... in that awful place...
I feel so sorry for her...

We saw terrible things, too. But we still rose to the challenge.
So everything's okay now, isn't it?
Yeah... you're right.
Right? Let's go home.

What's wrong, Naomi? This isn't like you.
Satoshi, do you...see me as a woman?

Uuuuh....
What am I saying? This isn't like me at all! I must seem so weird...

Would you like to come over and listen to me play the piano?
Sure, I'd love to.

Music: The End

It was as if what we just went through never happened. I guess life will just continue as normal from here on out, right? After all, there's no evidence of our misery. No proof of what happened...

Perhaps the spirit herself spread it...?
Man, that's a scarier thought than any ghost story!

Planning & Production
Makoto Kedouin

Music & Sound Design
Mao Hamamoto

Background Design
Toyotaka Kaieda

Playtesters
Mao Hamamoto
Akira Inoue
Toyotaka Kaieda
Jun Sakai
Satoshi Sakai
Tokiko Nakajima
Yoshimi Natsume

Playtesters
Naomi Nagano
Kosaku Ogawa

Translator
Kira A.K.A. ZeikTheGeek

Editor
enigmaopoeia

Playtesters
Ajogamer
superdubes

Special Thanks
Madamluna

And there you have it. That's the original story of Corpse-Party, with the good ending. There are plenty of similarities to the PC and PSP versions of the game, but it's really wildly different and something of its own entirely. Chapter 5 of the remake is very much a remake of this game, while all the other chapters are kind of extra story. But even still, the backstory is entirely different and a lot of the events of the chapter itself are different as well. The girl in red isn't even given a name in this, aside from the implication from the tenth letter that her last name is Shinozaki.

The game is over, but the LP is not! In addition to this good ending, there are six bad endings that I'll be showing off in subsequent updates. A lot of the bad endings were adapted into Wrong Endings in the remake, so there will be more similarities and recognizable scenarios there.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

That was a fairly unremarkable ending. At least compared to the last update. I did quite like the tunnel of light though.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
So in summary some ghost was messing with Satoshi et al~ and that pissed him off so Satoshi punched the ghost in the face and made it run away. Satoshi wouldn't stand for that though (the ghost messed with his sister after all) so he set about hunting it down, meanwhile et al~ went out and learned some boring sob story about the ghost. Satoshi didn't care though, he tracked the ghost down and beat it to death with an old iron pipe and then pimp walked away without looking back even as the ghost's ghost house collapsed behind him. All in a days couple hours work.

On a slightly more serious note, the ghost antagonist seems a lot more sympathetic in this game. Maybe it's just my memory failing me I don't really remember her ever really doing anything but try to kill the protagonists in the remake. Here she has this good ghost / bad ghost thing going on and the protagonists only manage to survive in a few places because the 'good ghost' intervenes on their behalf (and gives them the strength to fight at the end) plus a more straightfoward backstory. I dunno maybe it's just cause this game doesn't focus on all the gory details as much as the remake did the ghost seems less irredeemably evil.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Sinking Ship posted:

On a slightly more serious note, the ghost antagonist seems a lot more sympathetic in this game. Maybe it's just my memory failing me I don't really remember her ever really doing anything but try to kill the protagonists in the remake. Here she has this good ghost / bad ghost thing going on and the protagonists only manage to survive in a few places because the 'good ghost' intervenes on their behalf (and gives them the strength to fight at the end) plus a more straightfoward backstory. I dunno maybe it's just cause this game doesn't focus on all the gory details as much as the remake did the ghost seems less irredeemably evil.

Yeah, they switched the good ghost role to a different character in the remake, which gives the girl in red less opportunities to be sympathetic. She's still meant to be a sympathetic character, but she's only really shown as a ruthless murderer and you're just sort of told she's actually OK deep down and you have to believe that

watho
Aug 2, 2013

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Yeah, they switched the good ghost role to a different character in the remake, which gives the girl in red less opportunities to be sympathetic. She's still meant to be a sympathetic character, but she's only really shown as a ruthless murderer and you're just sort of told she's actually OK deep down and you have to believe that

It's one of my main problem with the remake, aside from a lot of other things, they pretty much split the spirit's role into three different people with different backstories and none of them feel quite finished.

I was also fairly surprised that there weren't really any plot twists in the original. I thought they were compulsory in RPG Maker horror games.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I haven't read the other LP of Corpse Party yet, but I can see the twisted logic in having her as two ghosts and her murderer being a pedophile teacher. On the one hand, she's angry at the school and everyone in it because of what happened and is blindly lashing out and dragging anyone she can grab into wherever this is, but at the same time she knows it isn't their fault and that she has to stop, but can't. It's a decent enough motivation and backstory for her, and it's a short enough game that that's really all you need to say "this is why she hates the school and the people in it."

And then you beat the poo poo out of her and walk out of the school as it collapses around you.

This seemed like a decent little game in RPG Maker, but it's only one chapter in the PSP version? Did they really add that much content and expanded the story that much?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

doesn't help with the new convoluted background that Sachiko comes off less likes a girl done wrong and reacting with rage/grief and more like a calculating psychopath. She loving drank Yoshiki's tears in the Book of Shadows

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Randalor posted:

This seemed like a decent little game in RPG Maker, but it's only one chapter in the PSP version? Did they really add that much content and expanded the story that much?

No, Chapter 5 is by far the longest in the remake.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Was that boss battle actually in the original '96 release of the game? I'd imagine that it would perhaps be handled in a different genre or style than it was here in RPG maker.

Neat little story, regardless. I'll have to see how this PSP version played out.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Bluhman posted:

Was that boss battle actually in the original '96 release of the game? I'd imagine that it would perhaps be handled in a different genre or style than it was here in RPG maker.

Neat little story, regardless. I'll have to see how this PSP version played out.

The original Corpse-Party was also an RPG Maker game, it was just made with RPG Tkool Dante 98, which is RPG Maker for the PC98.

The boss battle also existed in that version, just using Dante 98's battle engine instead of RPG Maker XP's.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Randalor posted:

I haven't read the other LP of Corpse Party yet, but I can see the twisted logic in having her as two ghosts and her murderer being a pedophile teacher. On the one hand, she's angry at the school and everyone in it because of what happened and is blindly lashing out and dragging anyone she can grab into wherever this is, but at the same time she knows it isn't their fault and that she has to stop, but can't. It's a decent enough motivation and backstory for her, and it's a short enough game that that's really all you need to say "this is why she hates the school and the people in it."

And then you beat the poo poo out of her and walk out of the school as it collapses around you.

There's four chapters of fleshing out the new story (because it's a little different, and the reason for the protags being there is different) and gratuitous gore porn. Descriptions and imagery.

It's uh... an odd game.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Corpse-Party has a total of seven endings. We saw the best ending last time, and over the next few updates we're going to quickly run through the other endings.

The first point where the ending can branch is in the science lab.

During the chase sequence, we let the model touch us, and it grabs Ayumi!

Music: Terror

NOOOOO!!

We're put into control of Yoshiki here, and run the hell away.

No! Wait! KISHINUUUUMAAAA!
HEEEEEEEEEELP!

Music: Crisis

Haa, haa... Goddammit!! What the hell?!
WHAT HAVE I DONE? drat, drat, goddammit all to heeeeeeeeeell!

We're put back into control of Yoshiki. At this point we're on the route to a bad ending and can leave the science lab, but if we re-enter we get a scene.

Uuu....
A...Ayumi...
Forgive me...please... Forgive me...
FORGIVE MEEEEEEEEEE!

And Yoshiki automatically rushes out of the room.

At this point the game continues normally (albeit with slightly altered dialog since Ayumi isn't here), until we meet up with Satoshi's group.

Music: Main Theme 2

Satoshi!
Thank God! Wait, Kishinuma. Where's Shinozaki?

Yoshiki?
I couldn't save her... I couldn't do a drat thing to help her!
I ran away! I ran away like a goddamned coward! Uuuwaaaagh!

Don't tell me... She's... dead?
A-Ayumi...

And then as if that scene never happened, Satoshi changes the subject and things proceed as normal for awhile.

The next place the ending can branch is here, when you decide who takes Yuka to the bathroom. For now, we still have Satoshi accompany her.

The ending can branch a second time at this scene, but we once again save Yuka instead of abandoning her.

Things continue as normal. We complete the toilet scene, switch to Yoshiki, explor by the incinerator and find the bloody 2-9, and return to class 2-9.

Then what's the deal with that bloody 2-9?
Did it mean this class or what?
Tell me... Shinozaki...

And again, Yoshiki is bathed in light and transported back to his classroom.

My class-- this is my class!

I DID IT! I...made...
...it.
Shinozaki...

We're put into control of Yoshiki. If we walk by Ayumi's desk we can get a little bit of extra dialog.

Why did this happen!? Why...why did she have to die!?
Just a few hours ago... She was happily attendin' class...

That...was just a dream, right?
Yeah. No friggin' way that was... real.

At this point, the game proceeds as normal. We switch to Satoshi's group and switch back to Yoshiki.

This scene is more or less the same, but missing Ayumi's dialog and with some slight rewriting of Yoshiki's to fit her absence. Instead of being called back into the room by Ayumi's scream, Yoshiki hears a loud noise.

The girl in red explains her story to Yoshiki. He asks her to save Satoshi and the others, and she tells him she cannot, and he'll have to go dig up her body to save their lives.

...I don't recommend this. If you decide to head back, I cannot return you to your world a second time...
What choice do I got!? If I sit on my rear end, Satoshi, Nakashima, and Yuka are toast!
Let's go!
Ever since I was small, if I didn't like somethin', I'd stick my head in the sand and pretend it never happened.
I think it's time I put that crap behind me.
I'm gonna move forward!
I won't let my old ways prevent me from protectin' those I care 'bout!

Take me back! I'm not givin' up on my friends! No way!
And don't think you're exempt! I'm savin' your rear end, too!
...Are you sure? If you really want to, then I'll send you back...
Leave it to me! Let's hurry it up!
...Thank you. Thank you so much...

Yoshiki returns to the school, and everything proceeds exactly as before, but without Ayumi.

Yoshiki gives Satoshi the marble statue, his group finds the principal's office and the piano key, and Yoshiki opens and travels into the incinerator.

Everyone meets up, and the scenes play out as before.

The ending sequence is the same, though we aren't allowed to choose Ayumi as a party member for the final boss.

We defeat the girl in red and escape the school.

The four survivors arrive safely in their own class. The brief segment of gameplay where we can talk to the others and get dialog is omitted. We go straight into the ending.

However... we all lost someone irreplaceable. The one who always sought out to scare us, the ghost story loving Shinozaki... has passed away... Why did it have to come to this...? Everyone was thinking the same thing... Yet dared not speak...

And that was the last anyone ever saw of him. Even though he swore to himself that he'd live in Ayumi's stead... Perhaps the guilt of fleeing in Ayumi's moment of need finally crushed him?

And the credits roll.

The ending screen displays the late Ayumi Shinozaki's portrait in grayscale.

And our rank this time is "B." There are multiple B rank endings, and this is the first. Ending B-2 isn't a variant of this ending though as you might assume from the similar name, it's just another ending where there's only one casualty.

Every ending in this game requires you to play the entire game from beginning to end. Seeing them all is very tiresome, though thankfully the game isn't long (I was averaging a bit less than 1 hour of playtime on my many playthroughs for recording this). Tune in next time for ending B-2!

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Kind of crap how Yoshiki's is just left a big question mark, it feels like a cop out by the devs. What happens if you run straight into the model when you get control?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You die. You're free to charge at him, but it'll just take chunks out of Yoshiki's health while he yells about it and eventually drops dead. Then it's just a Game Over.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Lacedaemonius posted:

Kind of crap how Yoshiki's is just left a big question mark, it feels like a cop out by the devs. What happens if you run straight into the model when you get control?

Ending B-1 is the most boring of the endings. The others are a lot more detailed.

The next update (which I'm posting tomorrow) shows what happens if you run into the anatomical model once you're given control of Yoshiki after getting caught.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Lacedaemonius posted:

I get the impression that it's mean to imply that he ran away to commit suicide out of guilt, but yeah overall it really is not all that different from the good end,

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

For our next ending, we once again start by letting Ayumi get caught by the anatomical model.

NOOOOO!!

This time, instead of fleeing after being given control of Yoshiki, we run to Ayumi's rescue.

The model effortlessly bats Yoshiki away, and we take 10HP of damage.

The model takes a step away from Ayumi, and we charge at it once again.

rear end in a top hat! I SAID LET HER GO!!

Yoshiki is shoved away again, and we take 10 more damage. We approach the model a third time.

That's enough, Kishinuma... Run...
Shaddap!!
Run! Please, run! RUN AWAY!
STOP SAYIN' THAT!
I'm...I'm gonna save ya!
BRING IT! I'm gonna smash that smug face of yours in!

EAT THIS!

Using the gas burner, Yoshiki sets fire to the anatomical model.

...And it burns away to nothing.

Haa, haa... I did it...
Kishinuma, thank you. I-I don't know what to say.
Don't sweat it! It's enough that we're both safe.
...Right? Haha.
Ahahahahahaha.
Wha? C'mon, how 'bout a smile?
Th-thank you... *sniffle sniffle*

Kishinuma...

KISHINUMAAAAAA!

There's a shrill laughter as Yoshiki staggers away from the model, and the model burns away to nothing.

Ayumi flees the science lab.

Noooooooooooooooooo!

And the game automatically switches us to Satoshi's party. This did not happen in the alternate scenario where Ayumi dies. I suppose the idea is that she's sitting there and crying for awhile.

Again, we can walk Ayumi back into the science lab for an optional scene.

U...uu....

Ayumi steps away from Yoshiki's body.

Noooooo...

And she rushes out of the science lab.

Again, things proceed as usual until Ayumi meets up with Satoshi's group.

Mochida! Everyone!
Thank God! Wait, Shinozaki. Where's Kishinuma?

Kishinuma... he saved me, and... *sniffle*
*sob sob*

Don't tell me... He's... dead?
No way...

And then, things proceed as usual. Of course, Ayumi doesn't do her "Stay away from Mochida" nonsense because it's surely the last thing on her mind at the moment.

Once again, we have Satoshi accompany Yuka to the restroom, and then save her from the girl in red.

We take Ayumi down to the incinerator and find the 2-9 message, and then backtrack to class 2-9.

So what was that bloody 2-9 about earlier?
Could it mean this classroom?
Tell me... Kishinuma...

And Ayumi is transported back to her class.

Our classroom... It is our classroom!

I made it back! I...made...it...
...back.
Kishinuma...
...*sobs*...

We're put back into control, and leave the classroom and switch back to Satoshi's group, then switch back to Ayumi to proceed with the story.

And again, the girl in red tells us her story. Ayumi's reaction when she's alone is a little interesting, though.

...That is correct...
Why?
THANKS TO YOU, ONE OF MY FRIENDS IS DEAD!
I'm sorry you suffered, but you're a terrible monster! YOU MURDERER!

The scene proceeds more or less as usual from here. The girl in red explains how Ayumi can save her friends.

Yoshiki died saving me. If he were here, he'd make sure everyone survived.
Even though I was so cold to him... he gave his life to protect me...
Please, send me! I'll save your soul!

And Ayumi returns to the haunted school. I like the detail of her calling Yoshiki by his first name in this scene.

The game proceeds as normal, except without Yoshiki.

The final boss is no different, aside from not being allowed to choose Yoshiki for our battle party.

And the escape goes smoothly as well.

Once again, the ending immediately fades to black with no gameplay segment.

However... we all lost someone irreplaceable. The carefree, class-skipping Yoshiki... has passed away. Why did it have to come to this...? Everyone was thinking the same thing... Yet dared not speak...

However, her tears would never reach Yoshiki... She could hardly believe the boy, who had been there until yesterday, was truly dead...

And the credits roll.

Ayumi goes to the bathroom to wash her face. When she looks up into the mirror, she freezes. On her neck...is a bruise in the shape of a hand. Ayumi intensely scrubs the bruise, but each time she washes it, it only spreads and darkens... Until the bruise becomes pitch black, and wraps around her neck as if strangling her.

Regardless of how much skin peeled away, the bruise was still there, layer after layer. The towel became mixed with soap and blood, the color starting to match the swollen, bloody neck it was scrubbing. The heat spreading across her neck started to become unbearable... But Ayumi wouldn't stop scrubbing... The towel was dripping with blood... It was impossible to determine the towel's original color at this point, but finally... Ayumi lost consciousness.

Her final thoughts were, "Whose voice is calling me...?"

This ending is also present in the PC version of the remake, as chapter 5's first wrong ending. Rather than immediately triggering a wrong ending as it does in the PSP version, getting caught by the anatomical model does not end the game in the PC version, and like in this game, either Ayumi or Yoshiki can die. An ending similar to this one occurs if Yoshiki dies.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

The next update (which I'm posting tomorrow)

It's still November 9th, right you guys?

Sorry for the long delay. I've been busy. I've got the rest of the updates ready to go though, so I should be posting the rest next week.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That was a depressing and weird ending.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I like that it's not just a mirror image of the other bad ending.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Mraagvpeine posted:

That was a depressing and weird ending.

Back in familiar territory for Corpse Party then.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Wow, I had no idea you could do anything with the burner. I just ran at the drat model until I died like a fool.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

DeathChicken posted:

Wow, I had no idea you could do anything with the burner. I just ran at the drat model until I died like a fool.

Who would have thought that chemistry classrooms in Japan all come with built-in flamethrowers?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

For our next ending, we ensure that both Yoshiki and Ayumi safely escape the anatomical model, and then have Satoshi accompany Yuka to the restroom.

!?
...That scream?! Was that Naomi's!?

Big brooother! It won't stop! I-I'M GONNA DROWN!!
HEEEELP!

But instead of freeing Yuka from the flooding toilet stall, we abandon our sister and investigate Naomi's scream.

S...Satoshi...

The spirits push Naomi back further down the hall, and we chase after them.

Ah... Satoshi...?
What happened to you?
...Nothing. I was suddenly surrounded by spirits and...
Spirits!? Did...did they do something to you?!
No. They told me they were just like us... Forced down here against their will.
They told me that a spirit was calling people down here at random... as if searching for something...
...Something? Like what?

After that... everything went blank.
A girl's voice...?
Whose, I wonder?

Why?
Yuka's trapped in the lavatory.
...!? You idiot! Why did you leave her!?
But... I heard you scream.
...Are you retarded!? That's not reason enough!
Come on, idiot. We gotta hurry!

We're automatically brought back to the girl's lavatory and walk over to check out the stall Yuka was in.

...Yuka...

Was she sad? Was she in pain? What were the last things etched onto her face? Yuka's cold, lifeless body was like that of a doll.

...Was she angry? I immediately imagined her being angry in her final moments. I thought of how precious she was to me... And was wracked with regret and sorrow. My beloved sister... Why? Why did I kill her? Why did I do nothing to save her?

We're automatically brought out of the lavatory.

We're put into control of Satoshi, and start to leave.

You're a good guy, Satoshi.
So...don't beat yourself up.

Thank you, Naomi. But... I have to live with the fact that I...killed Yuka. In front of my very eyes.
You can't change what happened, Satoshi. We have to survive. For Yuka.
Yeah...you're right.

...Such flowery words...

Why are you here!?
...Hyeheheheh...I stuffed your sister...full of blood...like a turkey...
YOU LITTLE!
...Kyahahahahahaha! Aww, you mad?...
YOU BITCH!

Well, this worked well the first time. (this dialog branch doesn't actually change anything at all)

Satoshi! Behind you!!
Damm--
...Bye-bye!...
...?

...Tch. How convenient...I'll enjoy killing you later!...

Are you okay, Satoshi?
Yeah... I'm fine.
Yuka...saved me.
Yeah, she did...

The game automatically switches our party now.

The game proceeds as normal. Since both Yoshiki and Ayumi are alive, nothing at all is different in their scenario.

Satoshi!
Mochida, are you unharmed?! Thank God you're all okay!

Mochida...where's Yuka?
...We'll explain later. For now, we just need to find a way outta here.
Mo...chida...

And then after that acknowledgement of Yuka's absence, the scene proceeds as usual.

And the game proceeds as usual. We head down the expanding hallway and do this scene in the principal's office. The only difference is Yuka's absence.

I think this is a piano key. We have one like this at home.
A piano key?

This scene is severely truncated without Yuka around. I suppose neither Satoshi nor Naomi are in the mood for small talk.

Another minor difference is that Naomi just automatically starts playing the Piano, instead of the player getting a yes/no choice.

And the next difference is in this scene, since Yuka was a major part of it.

Naomi, what's up?
My head has been pounding... since earlier.

Naomi!?
Ow! It...feels like...my head is splitting!
N-Naomi!
Uuaaaagh!
It hurts! Help me, Saaatoshiiii!
Hang in there, Naomi! Hey! I'm right here! I'm right next to you!

Who!? Who's there!?

...How dare you! Your deaths shall be blood-covered!...

We must move forward!
I guess we'll go back...

We've come this far! What will going back prove!?
...Ooh, how surprising. The dumb apes don't understand speech. How about this?...I'll share with you my recipe! Tete a la mode!...Be sure to watch carefully as this girl's skin is marinated with her own brain tissue!...

NAOMI!?
You...poor....thing!
...Oh? What was that?...
All...you know...is hate!
...Shut up!...
The fact that you can't...love...
...SHUT UP!...
...Is pitiable!
...DIE!...
S-Satoshi!

NAOMI!!!

And the rest of this scene is pretty much the same as it was with Yuka. The good spirit shows up and rescues Naomi, who gets back up and we continue onward.

And the final boss is the same, except Yuka isn't an available party member.

The escape plays out the same, until this point where we're ready to jump into the classroom.

Y-Yuka!?

Naomi approaches Yuka, but Satoshi stops her and takes her place.

Yu...ka...?

Don't tell me... You came to say goodbye?

I'm...going to miss you...
I'm sorry that you had to die with such painful memories... I'm...so sorry...

Yuka starts to cry, tears flow down her cheeks as she stares at Satoshi. It doesn't seem like death has changed her.

And then her spirit vanished...

Come on, Satoshi... We need to go.
...Yeah. I'm...sorry...
Satoshi... do you know what she was trying to say?
...No.

Yuka...

And with that, our party enters class 2-9.

We do the typical "don't turn back" sequence.

And we make it back home.

However... we all lost someone irreplaceable. The child-like, spoiled Yuka... has passed away... Why did it have to come to this...? No one dared speak. To think, she had only come to deliver an umbrella... She was only thinking of me... Although she was spoiled and sometimes bratty... her heart was in the right place...

Yuka is...dead... She's really...dead... My mind raced furiously... It was in total chaos, yet...those words were clear... And the tears flowed down my face without end...

And the credits roll.

And nothing of value was lost.

(Nah, Yuka is mostly fine in this game. She's really just an awful character in the remake)

Yuka... Yuka stopped by to drop off an umbrella, then went over to a friend's house to spend the night...

"Oh? That girl.. the least she could do is give her dear old mother a call! Jeez... We'll have to ground her when she gets home, won't we, Dad?"
"...Hm? Oh, oh yeah. But I'm sure she's fine."
"That's not the point! Kids can't just do whatever they want while their parents are having a heart attack!"

I went up to my room and plopped down on my bed. I stared at the ceiling. Wondering what the hell I was gonna do. I glanced over at my desk and saw a small wrapped up package there...

What's this?

I opened it up and a small note fell out... Only one line was written on it...

Suddenly, I heard a knock from Yuka's room. Yuka's bedroom is attached to mine; you couldn't enter her room without going through mine. It was a quirk of this old house's design. So...there shouldn't be anyone knocking from there... I peeped into the keyhole... On the other side...was a familiar eye.

Yu...

And that's the last of the B rank endings. There's one C rank ending and two D rank endings left to get.

Parts of ending B-3 are present in the remake as the alternate ending to chapter 5; particularly the last bit where Yuka peers at Satoshi from her room.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Yuka... Yuka stopped by to drop off an umbrella, then went over to a friend's house to spend the night...

"Oh? That girl.. the least she could do is give her dear old mother a call! Jeez... We'll have to ground her when she gets home, won't we, Dad?"
"That's not the point! Kids can't just do whatever they want while their parents are having a heart attack!"

It's a plot point in the second game that people who die in the ghost school are forgotten by the rest of the world isn't it? I guess that wasn't part of the story when this game was made? But then you said we see a similar ghost Yuka if she dies in the school in the remake so...

I guess it's just a dumb plot hole introduced by a less than stellar sequel?

Also thanks for trucking on finishing up this game DarkHamsterlord!

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Now we'll be going for Ending C. Ending C has the most new scenes out of any of the routes, so get ready for a long one.

First we make sure Yoshiki and Ayumi both escape from the model, and then we send Naomi with Yuka to the lavatory.

Okay.
Big brother, wait for me. Okay?
Be careful, you two.

Naomi and Yuka enter the lavatory off-screen, and we're put into control of Satoshi.

Yeah, no. I don't think so.

We can't go into the bathroom and we can't really do much else, so we just do what Naomi did when she was the one out here.

Bloody halls...? Where could that be?

Wha? Another power outage?

Spirits appear around Satoshi, one by one.

Wha...what!?
...drat!

I better call them... This is no time to act cool!
NAOMI! YUKA! GET OVER HERE!!

No way! Can't they hear me!?
...There is no reason to fear us.

...Have...you too...been dragged down here?
Y...you can talk!?
...Obviously so.
Y...yeah. We were dragged down here... I have no idea why...
Wh...what are you guys?
...What are we? That's a good question. To put it simply, we are no longer living.

...Then we'll tell you. *ahem* ...You have all been trapped down here by a female spirit.

Searching? What for?
...Hmm... perhaps...

Who...who are you!?
...Didn't you want to know what I'm searching for? I'll let you in on a little secret... I'm seeking...REVENGE!...

...Huh? I think I heard Yuka scream...

No good. I can't seem to get up. What's wrong with my body?

Yuka...!

And then we're automatically changed to Yoshiki and Ayumi.

Wha?
Did I lose consciousness? drat!

Upon switching back to Satoshi's party, we wake up in the dead end where we found Naomi on the other routes.

We quickly run to the lavatories to check on Yuka and Naomi.

YUKA!
Big bro...ther...

*sobs* I...got trapped... I couldn't save... Naomi...
Instead of me, she... she...
Settle down, Yuka. Let it all out slowly.
*hic*
I...got trapped inside the stall...
And then... even though I called for help... I couldn't...

I was so scared... I screamed...
All of a sudden, Naomi was next to me, and she threw me out...
Naomi told me, "Hurry! Run away!" She...she took my place and now she's trapped!

Nao...mi?
...?
Naomi!? Are you okay?!
...Yes. I'm fine. Yuka's fine as well, I see. Let's get going.
...Right.

...Nothing.

And the scene is complete. Everyone got out unscathed; very nice.

The game proceeds as usual, until we're approaching the principal's office. Naomi's dialog is a bit more lifeless, but it's more or less the same.

Music: Main Theme

whoa hang on

We turn around.

But there's no one here, so we turn back around.

...What's wrong?
N-Nothing...

We proceed up the hall and into the principal's office.

Which has already been wrecked, oddly enough.

What's wrong, Naomi?
...I have to check something. Bye.

Yeah, I wonder what's wrong...

We check out the note on the desk and grab the embryo statue, and then...

Whaa?

The walls!?

Um, big brother, should we check that note one more time?

Even though there are more important things to worry about, we check the note on the desk again.

What the hell!? Was the code before meaningless!?

I'm pretty sure the code on that note really is meaningless, unless it's a really obtuse solution to some puzzle that's easier to solve by intuition than figuring out what the diagram is supposed to represent.

Anyway, we charge out of the room.

Naomi!? Can you hear me!? Hey, Naomi! The walls are about to crush us!
H-HEEEEEEELP!

There is no answer at the door...

...DAMMIT!

This is my favorite dialog branch.

...PLEASE! OPEN!

Yeah!

Naomi! ...Huh?
Naomi?
She's not here... Where did she go?

We're put back in control, and proceed with the game.

That looks like a piano key. I remember my teacher showing me one in music class.
A piano key?

After picking up the key, we head for the door, but Yuka interrupts us.

Big brother...
What's up?

Then the door slammed shut and we couldn't get out...
W-Who did it? Someone outside had to trap us.
You think... Naomi did it?
No! Naomi saved me back at the toilets!
Naomi could never do that to me.
Yeah. She'd never do that. She's never betray us like that. Never!

...HUH?
What do you mean "like"...?
Don't play dumb, tell me.
Umm... There is a boy...I like...in my class.
Oh? Are you two already going out?
Big br-brother! I don't have to tell you something like that!
Besides... There's no way I can ask someone out. I'm way too shy...
Hahaha. Hang in there, Yuka. Just remember, all it takes is those three little words.

No matter what I do, all she does is yell at me...
But now... I don't care if she punches me in the face. I don't care if she tells me, "I'm SO sick of you!"...I don't even care if she rejects me.
Heh, she can be annoying, but...
Now that she's gone, I feel like curling up and dying.

Naomi is alive here somewhere. There's no way, absolutely no way she could have died.
...Yeah.
Come on, let's go.
Big brother...

And after this scene, we head down to the piano.

In Naomi's absence, Yuka plays it.

The game proceeds as usual. Yoshiki and Ayumi's half remains completely unchanged.

We arrive in the underground passage and head south.

Naomi!
Naomi, you're okay?!
Thank God you're okay! I mean, I was fine. But Yuka just about had a heart attack!
... (Why is she silent?)
...? Naomi...?

KYAAAH!
Na...!!
N-NO WAY...! TH-THIS CAN'T...!!

NO! ...NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Yuka... did you see that?
A... ghost...?
That...was what took over Naomi...
She had Naomi?
As...you saw... She killed her.
No! ...No!
Let's go, Yuka. I'm gonna tear her head off!

...You're wrong, Satoshi.
Yoshiki...? Shinozaki...?
You're...wrong. That ghost...didn't do a thing to Nakashima.
Heeheehee.
...?
We did it. We're the one who killed her.
AHHA!

KyiiiiIIiiiiIIiiiIIii!
...What are you saying?

...!?
I told her to back off! I told her to stay away from you!!
That condescending, little worm! She decided to cop an attitude! She got what was coming to her!
Shinozaki... you!?
Come on, let's do some house cleaning! Time to throw away this untidy pig like week-old trash!

Ayumi hefts Naomi's body over her head...

...and tosses it into the chasm.

What do you think you guys are doing?!
It's simple.
WHAT!?
The answer to everything's simple. That ghost told us so. Some may call the deal "killer." We off you three, and we purchase our freedom.
Though she said, "just the two of us"...

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
KyiiiiiIIiiIIiiiIIiiiii!! Come on, Mochida. We can change the deal to just us two.

Are you... really Shinozaki?
Hm? Of course it's me, Ayumi.
Heeheehee...
Heeheehee... Aw, you frustrated? Sad your "little bunny" got slaughtered? Mortified that such an act was committed by a friiiiiend?!
Eheee~ I knew... I knew all about your little crush on Nakashima!

Even though you meant nothing to her!
AND YOU MEANT EVERYTHING TO ME!
So you killed her!? Because you're selfish?!

How DARE you...!

Friends... don't do this to each other.
Please... open your eyes!
I... I'm...

Music: Elegy

I believe this series of sound effects is meant to represent Satoshi stomping his feet.

...Tch...That girl... I almost made them sink into hatred and despair...

Huh? ...Where am I?
Shinozaki?
...? Mochida? ...Why am I?
Yay, Ayumi! You're no longer crazy!
Yuka? What's going on? Last thing I remember, I was entering the incinerator with Kishinuma.
Oh, Kishinuma! Where did he go?
Yoshiki, he...

Uhm, a spirit came out... It tried to kill you... and, uh, Yoshiki died protecting you... Yeah.
He...died for me? ...It's all my fault?
No! Impossible! NOOOOOOO!
Shinozaki! Woah, settle down!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

...How 'bout you guys...

...Stop tryin' to kill me, huh?
YOSHIKI!
KISHINUMA!!
Ow, goddamn. I think that's the second deepest hole I've fallen into today.
So... what happened here?
N-Nothing. We're doing fine.
Thank God... I'm so glad... *sniffles*
Heh. Guess my life does mean somethin' to ya.
I've had enough of this place. Let's move.

We head back north

And now it takes us here for some reason. The whole scene where Yuka gets attacked doesn't happen. It cuts straight to the part where the girl in red gives us her power.

For the final boss, we cannot select Naomi, but everyone else is fine. Satoshi, Yoshiki, and either healer is probably the most effect group composition, so Naomi is not a big loss.

And we escape.

...How is everyone?...
Naomi! You're alive?!
Yuka! Wait!!

...Satoshi...
...Everyone...should join me. I'm...so...lonely...

Naomi...
...? Big brother, wait!

...Satoshi, please... come here... More, more...

...Kyihihihihi! Satoshi, come closer...just a bit closer, Satoshi! Kyahahaha!...
...BIG BROTHER!!

...Kyihihihihi!...
...KYAAAAAH!

As Yuka's engulfed, all the evil spirits disappear.

...YUKA!!!

Yuka... Say something!
Please...!

Yuka! You're awake!?
...Forgive me. It's all my fault.
Geez...big brother. You're such a blockhead.
Yuka... Your stomach!
...Don't worry. I'm fine.
If I died, big brother would be all alone... So, I'm...
*cough cough cough*
Yuka!? Please, save your breath!

L...Lied...?
Remember when I told you I liked a boy from class?
...Yeah, I remember.
Who I like... isn't from my classroom.
...?
Don't you see...?

You never realize...my feelings...
Don't be silly, Yuka. Of course I love you. We're siblings.
No! You don't understand! Not as brother and sister! I really, really...

...Yuka!

Yuka spewed forth a large pool of blood from her mouth...

...YUKA!
YUUUKA!
Can't we do something!? DAMMIT!
Big brother...! ...Satoshi...
...Y-Yuka?
It's okay if you lie to me... Just say...you love me too...

Yuka, we're siblings... I'm sorry...
Isn't our bond of blood stronger than that of lovers?
Through the good times and the bad, we're always there for each other and know how the other is feeling. ...Yuka. We know each other better than anyone.
...Big brother.
I love you, Yuka.
...Thank you. *sniffles*

Yuka closed her eyes slowly...and never opened them again. Her small body curled up, as if she were sleeping...and became cold. ...Yet she looked happy. As if she were being gently put to bed by a loving mother. When I think about it, I guess my life's goal was to be the best big brother I could ever be... It was always the thing at the forefront of my mind... But I lost both Naomi and Yuka. Now, I have to wonder... What the hell am I living for?

Polite of them to clean up Yuka's body and bloodstains before leaving even though there was a time limit.

As soon as we enter the door, the credits roll. There's no "run forward without looking back" segment, and no appearing in the classroom.

I went up to my room and plopped down on my bed. I stared at the ceiling. Wondering what the hell I was gonna do. I glanced over at my desk and saw a small wrapped up package there...

What's this?

I opened it up and a small note fell out... Only one line was written on it...

Suddenly, I heard a knock from Yuka's room. Yuka's bedroom is attached to mine; you couldn't enter her room without going through mine. It was a quirk of this old house's design. So...there shouldn't be anyone knocking from there... I peeped into the keyhole... On the other side...was a familiar eye.

Yu...

I try to run out of my room. With my hand on the doorknob, I start to open my door, but... The doorknob seems to be little more than decoration... And I hear that knock from Yuka's room again. I almost fall into panic, but...I recall Naomi's last appearance... I wonder how she felt...when she died instead of Yuka...?

I let go of the doorknob and collapse... How could I have been so selfish? I never put myself on the line...

Suddenly, the door opened... and the room filled with light. As I look up, I see a familiar figure. A figure that I'd recognize in an instant. And as I looked over my shoulder...

Nao...

Sound Effect: Splort

Hoo boy, that was quite a sequence of events. It contains a lot of elements from chapter 5's alternate ending in the remake, as well as wrong ending 2 of the same chapter.

The D rank endings involve much less new content, so there won't be any more massive posts like this.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

So much :japan: there, Jesus Christ...

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I was surprised that it looked like it was gonna send you out of there with Ayumi and Yuka as the only companions alive.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Sinking Ship posted:

It's a plot point in the second game that people who die in the ghost school are forgotten by the rest of the world isn't it? I guess that wasn't part of the story when this game was made? But then you said we see a similar ghost Yuka if she dies in the school in the remake so...

I guess it's just a dumb plot hole introduced by a less than stellar sequel?

Also thanks for trucking on finishing up this game DarkHamsterlord!

They probably included it because so many people in the group die that trying to rationalise their disappearance would be impossible. Also it opens up the storyline for Book of Shadows, as terrible as that was.

I honestly thought Ayumi would kick Yuka down a hole though. I wish she had, with that loving ending.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Not quite sure if i follow what exactly was happening here. So the Red Girl can possess people? And multiple at the same time at that? That's an oddly convenient and terrifyingly unbeatable hazard she has never demonstrated or hinted at before. :raise:

And what exactly happened to Naomi here? Was she possessed, too, or did she die on that toilet (not a sentence i'm proud to have written) and the Red Girl assumed her form after that? If she was "just" possessed, did the Red Girl actually make Ayumi and Yoshiki rip her apart, or was that another illusion of some kind to take a crack at Satoshi?
And Naomi became a vengeful spirit in the end, i guess? Felt kind of pointless to just come in at the end, kill off Yuka (instead of Ayumi) off all things and then just leave. Also i'm not sure how getting burned leaves blood splatter oll over your face.

curiousCat posted:

I was surprised that it looked like it was gonna send you out of there with Ayumi and Yuka as the only companions alive.
Haha, you think Ayumi wouldn't have offed Yuka as soon as possible, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

HenryEx posted:

Not quite sure if i follow what exactly was happening here. So the Red Girl can possess people? And multiple at the same time at that? That's an oddly convenient and terrifyingly unbeatable hazard she has never demonstrated or hinted at before. :raise:

I'm guessing it's just some frightening thing Kedouin came up with when brainstorming bad endings. It seems like the inspiration for the Darkening in the remake and new canon, where you just sort of automatically lose your mind and turn violent as long as you're in the school

• Locked thread