Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You shouldn't let rodents use household appliances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

cynic posted:

This loving week, washing machine broke, toaster broke, house broke, and loving rats decided to overwinter in our dining room carpet last night. And it's only loving monday.

lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i think my twitter is @horse_ebooks namaste and god beless

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Chris Evans just got bollocked by the director general of the BBC for talking over records, hopefully this will result in a meeting where it is explained that, talking over records, playing sound effects at the end of records and singing along with records is unacceptable. I know the baseline for him is truly terrible DJ and annoying cock end but somehow since children in need/tfi happened he has managed to get even worse.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Big up to the weather wizard for the lovely mild temperatures here in the greater Strathclyde area while the south of England freeze their balls off.

DJ chat, loving Steve Wright is the worst for talking over the music, he should be shot out of a cannon. Shaun Keavney ftw.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don't understand how someone went, "no, we won't have Ana Matronic and Hughie Morgan after thier fantastic fill In shows, let's keep Jo Whiley, and while we are at it let's ignore how good Zoe Ball is on the breakfast show, it's Chris Evans for us.

I should run radio 2.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Some of my drinking buddies have introduced me to Whatsapp and group chats. I am now experiencing a blizzard of infantile puerility that puts GBS to shame.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Pasty indie witch.

I wish I could remember who said that so many years ago. It's too perfect.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I am the only person who will remember this but many many moons ago she was filling in for whoever did the after school time slot on radio one and said something like "remember where you were when you first heard this brilliant record being played on the radio for the very first time, I guarantee you it will be massive" it was wannabe by the spice girls. Well done Jo, all those years you spent on the evening show trying to be like John Peel and your biggest contribution to music was playing the loving spice girls first.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Pistol_Pete posted:

Some of my drinking buddies have introduced me to Whatsapp and group chats. I am now experiencing a blizzard of infantile puerility that puts GBS to shame.

Yeah since parents/partners have discovered Facebook now, my mates have mostly taken our #LadBantz onto Whatsapp.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My friend's (adult) daughter accidentally did whatever the invite all is option for a group on whatsapp, many things were learned that day.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
I thought DJs had traditionally been told to talk over the end of records to discourage home taping.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

StoneOfShame posted:

I thought DJs had traditionally been told to talk over the end of records to discourage home taping.

i don't think thats been a concern for a long time

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i listen to 5 live during my commute

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

franco posted:

Pasty indie witch.

I wish I could remember who said that so many years ago. It's too perfect.

Weirdly, I read it in the voice of Armando Iannucci.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I, too, have a twitter at @joemcschmoe it is v boring

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

goatface posted:

Weirdly, I read it in the voice of Armando Iannucci.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Jose posted:

i don't think thats been a concern for a long time

Obviously but people do poo poo because how its been done traditionally all the time.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's very rude. Maybe he just wants them to fire him so he can spend more time dicking around in cars.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's amazon prime black friday, er, week

black week

let's all be lairds

https://local.amazon.co.uk/National-UK/B015Q4JSL6/novelty-scottish-title-of-laird-lord-or-lady-with-a-plot-of-land-christmas-gift-ideas

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the only stuff worth buying that isn't sold out is the booze

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

today i booked star wars tickets. goodnight

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
cool

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Whose going to be bankrupt by saturday morning?

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Manic X posted:

Whose going to be bankrupt by saturday morning?

Morally or financially?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Neurophonic posted:

Morally or financially?

Yes.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Saved about £15 on things I was going to buy anyway and got a £30 free gift. My teenage son has decided that until they stop releasing new games on the PS3 he'll stick with it thanks and can I have a PS4 worth of games please. "Hahahaha. Nope."

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
its my housemates birthday on the weekend and i want to make him some homemade sausage rolls. there seems to be lots of recipes on the internet but im wondering if anyone knows of a particularly good one before i commit?

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
just buy greggs and take the secret to your grave

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
just sick his dick already

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

corn in the fridge posted:

just sick his dick already

ew

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
lol i just noticed the typo

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
i have a pretty strong gag reflex so any amount of deepthroat would make that happen i suppose

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

some lovely nonce motherfucker has stolen my fruit pastilles

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My mother once had her car broken into while they were walking the dogs when it was parked near the moors. Hundreds of pounds worth of damage and a AA call out because they had hosed up the ignition trying to steal it. For the last 10 years my dad has been bitching about the small pack of skittles they stole from the glove compartment.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Puff pastry and sausage meat

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

If you're friend is fat he could be the puff pastry if you get my meaning

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Vitamins posted:

some lovely nonce motherfucker has stolen my fruit pastilles

and if you report it to the police they won't believe you for 30+ years