Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Yeah stock M47 is a miserable pile of poo poo. Its HEAT round used to be cheap as poo poo but sadly not the case anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Hunter starting to make a bit more sense, but it's still the ultimate support plane. If you go fast at all times and aim well it can get some pretty sick delouse shots. That's the thing's biggest problem. Even though I have a positive KDR and winrate, almost all my kills fall into the following support plane cateogires: headons, delouse, and AFK people.

Teal was correct to say that in 9 out of 10 scenarios, a high-speed horizontal turn with maybe a hint of vertical in it is far superior to an Immelman.

also, one of my favorite joint terms:

SCRUB: MTI (Moving Target Indidcator) return that signifies a low slow airborne target

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 29, 2015

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
The British finally got a 190 of their own with the Hunter.

I have all the performance upgrades, it certainly flies a lot better now, but only in the sense that you get to 1100km/h faster and hold that speed better. You still can't do any cool stuff in it really.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Support fighter no. 1

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
not a support plane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL-gTRzUVEo

ErrorlessErik
Jun 27, 2008

"Because gently caress history, museums are for gays" -Muhlump

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Answering that age old question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px8yGEQdy_k

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The A7M1 has now replaced the J2M2 as the most undertiered plane in all of Glorious :japan:

I'm still gonna love it after they uptier it eventually.

Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General

Heliosicle posted:

Support fighter no. 1

Teach me how to jet?

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

https://www.mediafire.com/?wx5b996dy729uqy

Here's a replay featuring a one winged A7M killing a beaufighter and proceeding to hang around for the rest of the match, getting a few hits in. Would've just made a video but I don't have the hardware for it anymore!

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Night10194 posted:

The A7M1 has now replaced the J2M2 as the most undertiered plane in all of Glorious :japan:

I'm still gonna love it after they uptier it eventually.

I just love how pubbies still keep whining they added the "bad one" and that that's another proof of anti Japanese bias .

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lee Outrageous posted:

Teach me how to jet?

go fast before climbing, then go faster, never go slow.
If you lose you speed in a stupid turnfight someone from all the way across the map can catch up to you before you get back up to speed.

Thats how all the "bad" jets are played. The ones that people say are good accelerate super fast to an operable speed like a prop and you dont have to play them as differently.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
^ Even then energy is so consistently gained across the top jets that the main thing dividing them is top speed.

Lee Outrageous posted:

Teach me how to jet?

This is a pretty bad example for it actually, my kills were 2 Mig-15's, 2 Mig-9's, an La-15 and an Il-28, my team sucked but they distracted them. There were some good shots in there as well but really all I did was go fast, dived through the jets as they fought and got the easiest one each time.

Oh and the Hunter is amazingly stable and controllable with a missing wing. I flew around for 20 minutes in circles on Malta, even managed to kill a balloon, died when my fuel ran out.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

:911:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
J7W1 is high on the list of fave planes. Next time Japan is in EC, fly it in top tier and club whatever top jets the enemy brings out. Meet their head-ons by bursts of stealth ammo from 2km away.

e: Is it possible to fake having an Oculus Rift connected? I want to make some non-headtracking but still 3D videos for CardboardVR and better.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 30, 2015

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

:911:

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

What's the macro, don't play ground forces above 5.7? It is completely true. The more time I spend in the T-44 the more I hate the game.

ArchRanger fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 30, 2015

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Up to 6.3 is generally fine, the T-44 is just kind of awkward, especially with standard ammo.

6.7 is fine, good even, half the time, in my experience. The other half the time you'll be facing Korean tanks and cry.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Shanakin posted:

Up to 6.3 is generally fine, the T-44 is just kind of awkward, especially with standard ammo.

6.7 is fine, good even, half the time, in my experience. The other half the time you'll be facing Korean tanks and cry.

The T-44 is 6.7 in Arcade, which is why I've switched to realistic. I don't find realistic anywhere near as fun but it beats the hell out of fighting post-war tanks that you're literally incapable of hurting. This is a little better now that I've got the BR-367 and the BR-367P unlocked but Jesus what a frustrating tank.

One more match and I'll have my first 7.7 unlocked! :suicide: Honestly I don't expect it to be as bad as the T-44, just venting after a string of terrible matches.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
If it's a T-54 they're pretty cool.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Welp, AB tanks is still stupid fun...emphasis on stupid. Take my 76mm M4A2 out for its second spin ever, get five kills despite a broken breach and cap the point from behind to fix said breach. Next up is my M19 where I simultaneously shoot down a B-25 and pilot snipe the friendly pilot on its tail before annoying a pair of IS-1s on cap until one of them puts me out of my misery. Come back with my M18 and YOLO driveby one of the IS-1s, drift onto cap, kill an enemy M18 who had two clear shots to shoot my stationary rear end and win the game.

Also, thank you whoever said (pages upon pages ago) that the real trick to stopping and shooting is not to slam the breaks but to step off the gas. The gentler deceleration does wonders for accuracy without the massive dip forward.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hunter is so much of a supportive jet that I just came victorious from being the last on our team against 2 Panther F-5s and an F-2 sabre, all engaging me from the start.

It's useless against MiG-15s, but against American jets, you gain some separation (2km seem to do even for F-2 sabres), climb to about 2km while keeping the warpspeed, and do a gentle, fluent hammerhead. It's risky if there are unaccounted for enemies around because at the top, you are literally a sitting duck, but apparently none of the American jets can follow through it from sea level and end up beneath/in front of you.

Teal fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 30, 2015

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

ArchRanger posted:

What's the macro, don't play ground forces above 5.7? It is completely true. The more time I spend in the T-44 the more I hate the game.

Wait for the combined arms events with the t-44 and play that.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pand posted:

Wait for the combined arms events with the t-44 and play that.

t44 was in SB a few day ago and I got TKed literally every match because if I am in front of you it means im an enemy and you need to shoot me. I got shot every time I flanked so I stopped doing that and just sniped at range but still got TKed by american tanks shooting me in the back.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hot takes, get your hot takes here, nice and hot

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

BBJoey posted:

hot takes, get your hot takes here, nice and hot

lol

Maybe the first one can use a .3 reduction or something but that's so loving minor as to it not mattering at all.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
The first one could use a reduction, 4 M2 .50 cals at 6.0 is quite rough, even if you can outclimb and out turn most of the non-Japanese aircraft you encounter. The second one would be fine at its BR if its engine didn't overheat ridiculously fast

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Fly P-51 for twenty minutes pretending to be a rocketship. Watch half of team get slaughtered in a dogfight with Russians. Dive on the last IL-10 as it takes off, watch it crash and then you only receive an assist.

A good fly-out.

EmDuck
Feb 16, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

t44 was in SB a few day ago and I got TKed literally every match because if I am in front of you it means im an enemy and you need to shoot me. I got shot every time I flanked so I stopped doing that and just sniped at range but still got TKed by american tanks shooting me in the back.

Look, KTs and Panthers have a sloped front, the T-44 has a sloped front. They look exactly the same!
Its even better if you try using the Pz2H in SB. My current record is 3 minutes from spawn to TK due to someone thinking im an enemy tank.
The SB player base is really bad at identifying tanks.

Highest BR you should use for tanks talk, 6.3 is the highest BR where you can reliably not get royally hosed by the over-compressed BRs.

Germany works pretty well if you're fine sticking to Panthers and the IV/70, sadly theres nothing wielding the long 88 under 6.7 BR which is a shame as thats a pretty good spot for them to throw in the Elefant at 6.3.

Russia is fairly good at a max of 6.3 with the T-44 and first IS-2, the ISU-122P is also surprisingly good when used right and if you have the T-34-100 its a good glass cannon. Although, I'd say the ideal BR is 5.7 since you get 2 T-34-85s, the SU-85M, PT-76 and the KV-85/IS-1 which raises the question of would you rather have better armor or the people's brave physics bucket on your tank.

With the US tree theres really no point in playing anything higher than 6.3 because the M41A1, M36 and Super Hellcat are about as most fun as you're going to get out of the tree without having to suffer through stupidly long grinds to make your tank's gun useful.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
The T25 is probably good at a 6.3 max range as well but I haven't bothered unlocking it yet. I'd use that instead of whaling for the Supa Hellcat.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I just slammed my F-84 into the runway next to a landing plane at 700kph and got credited for shooting him down, somehow. I was out of ammo and had never shot him in the match, what gives?

EmDuck
Feb 16, 2013

bacon flaps posted:

The T25 is probably good at a 6.3 max range as well but I haven't bothered unlocking it yet. I'd use that instead of whaling for the Supa Hellcat.

At first glance it should be good. It shares the Pershing's gun but sadly it also shares the Pershing's mobility (Its a bit better, but its noticeably worse than a Sherman) and none of the Pershing's armor such as a thick overlaying gun mantlet that allows you to bounce most shots pubbies will take at it while in a hull-down position.

The best description for the T25 is that its a reverse T-44, where the T-44 is good but with an anemic gun, the T25 has a good gun but bad everything else.
The only advantage the T25 has over the M36 is that its not vulnerable to attacks by aircraft and that it can handle being shot from the front by an Ostwind, which isn't all that worth it when the price you pay is your mobility for a glass cannon.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Roumba posted:

I just slammed my F-84 into the runway next to a landing plane at 700kph and got credited for shooting him down, somehow. I was out of ammo and had never shot him in the match, what gives?

guess theyve just been

thunderstruck

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I'm finding that the USA tank lineup is overall rather underwhelming. They seem to do nothing particularly well until you get the M18 which has the best mobility and gun combination in the game.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
~the best squad~

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Xerxes17 posted:

I'm finding that the USA tank lineup is overall rather underwhelming. They seem to do nothing particularly well until you get the M18 which has the best mobility and gun combination in the game.

It's pretty poo poo until the M18 which still isn't anything that special since the 76 won't reliably put Tigers or Panthers down in 1-2 hits. With the super APDS going back to a 76 after the 90s is just not pleasant. The M36 and M41A1 are super good at 6.3 though. The M36 and the T32 are probably my two favorite vehicles in the entire game, well besides the T-34-100. The T25 should be no slouch either considering I really enjoyed the M26/M46 in far worse tiering.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 1, 2015

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

sicknasty lancaster moves below:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

H A I L S A T A N

bonus video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtwYknjDfN0

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007

Are kills tracked differently in Realistic or something? I've noticed that several times in the last few days that I'll not get credited for the kills I made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
I dunno if this was posted but its a good sign for anyone with a Steel Battalion controller to try this loving game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8fdcEZwx3M

• Locked thread