Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

LCL-Dead posted:

79 pages later you guys are still going on about Karl.

What do you call the internet version of Stockholm syndrome? Does something like that exist? Can we stop talking about Karl?
My posts are a Karling word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dapper Dan posted:

Also, Broteam is playing Line of Defense

Got link? I didn't find it on their channel.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

quote:

Pfft. Lies.

Goons are a RP forum group that originated on Tumblr. They all belong to a church cum tax-dodge started by Lowtax, who is their Prophet. Lowtax is a muppet who achieved sentience, think Skynet created by Jim Henson. Here is a video of Lowtax getting his stuffing knocked around by Uwe Boll. It's an intriguing clip because it's the most actual directing Uwe Boll has ever done in a film and the most positive human contact Lowtax has ever had in person.

The Goons never go away. Sometimes they just watch, sometimes they hide in your shower, touching themselves. They are never 'gone' though. However any time someone talks of Goons and says 'the vast majority' then you know they are lying. 'The vast majority' of Goons is a contradiction in terms. If Goons could ever Vast Majority on anything they would be destroyed by world governments as a threat to the status quo. Goons only travel in Manys. Many Goons play EVE. Many Goons are backers of SC. Many Goons write fanfic for Glee. Many Goons do many things.

What you can always assume though is that if they're not actively wherever you are, there are Many Goons watching wherever you are. Waiting.

:captainpop:

wth!?! hahahahahah! https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5996353/#Comment_5996353

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

I know this is going to sound condescending but I genuinely don't understand how anyone can see one of this guy's videos and not immediately go "Oh this is a channel for idiot children." I mean I'm no one to judge, I like video games and children's cartoons, but seriously- what about him says "Here is a credible source for news about your hobby?"

He's a complete, loving, moron. The End.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lowtax is my prophet.

All hail Lowtax!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

CIG normally closes for two weeks over Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zQwHfszgLc&t=442s

Above video shows them moving to the new Austin office in mid December 2013. If the Austin office is downsizing and moving as rumoured, this would be the mostly likely time for it to happen, especially if they had a yearly lease.

CIG filmed something like 16 separate pieces of content at the Austin office recently, that content could easily be used to obscure the Austin move. Don't want tricky questions about Derek Smart predicting something that turned out to be true. Also if no attempt is going to be made to even pretend that Austin is a major studio internally anymore, this would be a good time to leave, if they hadn't already decided to redeploy your job to Manchester/Hollywood/Frankfurt.

The new location was already leased. I have the address of the new - much, much smaller - location. But even though it's a company, I have no intentions of doxing them. It's a private lease, not a public one; so it's not online.

Since they have to file things like USPS change of address forms, tax forms, corporation location files etc - all online, it's only a matter of time before all is revealed. I'd say by Jan, it will be online. I predict that they will try to do what they did with the ToS by doing a quiet change of their address on the contact page. They probably won't even address the move in AtV or any of that, like they did with Santa Monica and Frankfurt.

Meanwhile, my guess is that all the top Spergs (e.g. that rear end-clown Wulf), probably know about this move already; but won't say anything because well, that would be proving me right once again.

It would be absolutely hilarious if they don't move (not sure how they can get out of a signed lease without paying a heft penalty) just to prove me wrong. But then again, that Austin location was setup by Eric "Wingman" awhile back and was super expensive. Word is that it was a multi-year lease. Nobody knows how much they are going to pay to get out of that lease; but apparently they have sorted it out. Which all goes back - again - to wasteful spending. Similar to how they are willing to pay fines in the UK, rather than file govt. paperwork. Not to mention all the other wasteful spending of backer money. And yet some wonder why they are now on a cash grab. They need the money now more than ever. Desperate times.

Wait and see.

ps: I also know of the people who are going to be leaving. Some not even known to management at this point. Wait.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

What is with this lawsuit? Is it going ahead soon or is it all smoke and mirrors like SC?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3uknz0/spoiler_the_beginning_of_squadron_42_and/cxhoevw?context=3

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

no_recall posted:

Lawsuit starts tomorrow?

right...

RIGHT?

:munch:

No. Today is the "trigger" day for a key complaint component.

Kegslayer posted:

Law suits take months and half the time your lawyers are going to be thinking how can I get my batshit crazy client to settle.

So pretty much two weeks! :v:

Assuming that "batshit crazy client" is yours truly, what's there to "settle"? I'm not asking them for money. I'm not suing croberts for defamation (though that's still on the table) over his diatribe.

The components of my argument remain the same and unchanged.

1) Give no-questions-asked refunds, and quit dicking people around

2) Provide financial accounting; especially now more than ever due to all the wasteful spending, almost $100m and 4yrs later, no game.

3) Give a firm delivery date for the project as is required by all crowd-funding - and promised; especially now that it's one year past the promised Nov 2014 date

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Star Citizen is a suicide attempt by game industry.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I'm starting to think he's just a robot created and maintained by CiG to attack and obfuscate but they're trying to cut down on the budget for his upkeep so they can fit some diamond encrusted coffee cups into their budget, and he's starting to degrade.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

They might forget again. Don't believe anything they say, that's how you get into trouble and spend money.

LMAO!!! :)

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Please keep us up to date senpai. The laffs have been bad recently.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nation posted:

We could talk about the game lol

Conversations about the game last about as long as the game itself does before crashing.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'm starting to think he's just a robot created and maintained by CiG to attack and obfuscate but they're trying to cut down on the budget for his upkeep so they can fit some diamond encrusted coffee cups into their budget, and he's starting to degrade.

I just assume it's Sandi.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Conversations about the game last about as lo

Fixed.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's actually pretty good

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

The new location was already leased. I have the address of the new - much, much smaller - location. But even though it's a company, I have no intentions of doxing them. It's a private lease, not a public one; so it's not online.

This was posted 29th September, (I appreciate not by you)

quote:

"key personnel in Austin were told to move to LA with no raise or GTFO"

Also, breaking news! They signed a lease on a smaller office space in Arboretum in Austin. So they are getting rid of the current space and downsizing to LiveOps and some QA only.

"They have told people to sever communication with ex-employees and friends. They have IT globally going through the whole companies skype logs and email and documents to find dissenters. This is more and more like a cult everyday. Apparently some of those let go were found to have emails, skypes, or documents that showed they weren't "fully supportive of the company or management" It is a loving cult"

"They plan on revealing the whole cast list for SQ42 at cit con which is dumb because it will just prove you were right that they spent 8-11 million on the mocap. Think about that 1/8 of the total budget blown in 66 days for some cut scenes for episode 1 of 5.

And they will have to shoot more to finish episode 1 and do pickups."

So if the new location is in Arboretum, Austin, I wonder how much else of that is true.

quote:

In the Scientology Ethics book, "disconnection" is defined as a self-determined decision made by an individual that he is not going to be connected to another. It is a severing of a "communication line".

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Star Citizen is a suicide attempt by game industry.

Next thread title please

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Breaking news. I found some more of those loving amazing Beef Brisket burgers I bought during summer stashed away in the depths of my freezer. I ate one today in honor of Karl needing to go gently caress himself.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

D_Smart posted:

is this a trigger warning

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

GoTo Quote

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well apparently she learned so much with her one French lesson she forgot most of the English she knew.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
maybe Karl is like a markov chain bot

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

So if the new location is in Arboretum, Austin, I wonder how much else of that is true.

Wtf! Scientology = Protoss?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

I approve entirely of this post and agree with every nonfactual statement in it.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 2, 2016

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

G0RF posted:

Given that the account appeared out of nowhere guns blazing for Derek Smart, right after he started Smartzilla-ing everything, it wouldn't be that big a stretch. The biographical info has some germanic verisimilitude - but given that Sandi can belt out the Director's Cut edition of "Das Lied der Deutschen"...

I assume it's Karl, but I've also sometimes wondered about a Sandi angle-- because Matilda2013 really seems to hate Derek, Goons, The anonymous sources of the Escapist article, Lizzy and You, to a lesser extent.

Here's a crap compilation of quotes I just grabbed that seem at least a little suggestive...

Hits the anonymous sources, Liz, Derek and Glassdoor all in rapid succession, and in the vulgar fashion we'd expect from the Sandi revealed by ex-employees.

Stuff like the bolded above could be passive-aggressive sniping at the slow pace of development, which Sandi has complained about often, since it ties her hands on the "lets hype what's about to come out for more space nerd money NOW!" type stuff.

Gratuitous use of the word "Retarded" is allegedly a Sandi trademark. Plus there's that scary scary threat at the end!

Basically excuses the allegations of toxic behavior on Sandi's part as part and parcel of game development culture. An interesting tactic when you spend so much time crying foul on other people's misdeeds and outrages.

There's a lot more stuff in Matilda2013's posting history that could be read as White Knight Sperg In Disguise Karl Defending M'Lady Gardiner's Honor or Furious Sandi In Disguise Lashing Out At Her Attackers. I assume it's the former, but kind of hope it's the latter, because it just adds even more richness to the eventual docudrama account of this train wreck.

TL:DR
"Matilda2013" = "Sandi Gardiner" maybe isn't as compelling an argument as "Matilda2013" = "Karl", but it's a pretty decent conspiracy take on it. I want to believe she's got more sense and would have better things to do with her time. But then I see crap like this and realize she really wouldn't.

Do we know for sure that Sandi isn't Karl too? :tinfoil:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if Sandi were Karl the german auditor i'd say we close the thread and never speak of star citizen once it hit its absolute peak

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she isn't karl but still

it would be pretty funny is all im saying

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

Given that the account appeared out of nowhere guns blazing for Derek Smart, right after he started Smartzilla-ing everything, it wouldn't be that big a stretch. The biographical info has some germanic verisimilitude - but given that Sandi can belt out the Director's Cut edition of "Das Lied der Deutschen"...

I assume it's Karl, but I've also sometimes wondered about a Sandi angle-- because Matilda2013 really seems to hate Derek, Goons, The anonymous sources of the Escapist article, Lizzy and You, to a lesser extent.

Here's a crap compilation of quotes I just grabbed that seem at least a little suggestive...

Hits the anonymous sources, Liz, Derek and Glassdoor all in rapid succession, and in the vulgar fashion we'd expect from the Sandi revealed by ex-employees.

Stuff like the bolded above could be passive-aggressive sniping at the slow pace of development, which Sandi has complained about often, since it ties her hands on the "lets hype what's about to come out for more space nerd money NOW!" type stuff.

Gratuitous use of the word "Retarded" is allegedly a Sandi trademark. Plus there's that scary scary threat at the end!

Basically excuses the allegations of toxic behavior on Sandi's part as part and parcel of game development culture. An interesting tactic when you spend so much time crying foul on other people's misdeeds and outrages.

There's a lot more stuff in Matilda2013's posting history that could be read as White Knight Sperg In Disguise Karl Defending M'Lady Gardiner's Honor or Furious Sandi In Disguise Lashing Out At Her Attackers. I assume it's the former, but kind of hope it's the latter, because it just adds even more richness to the eventual docudrama account of this train wreck.

"Matilda2013" = "Sandi Gardiner" maybe isn't as compelling an argument as "Matilda2013" = "Karl", but it's a pretty decent conspiracy take on it. I want to believe she's got more sense and would have better things to do with her time. But then I see crap like this and realize she really wouldn't.

You the bit in the last few days about "Matilda" demanding I apologize to Sandi and admit everything I said about suicide and responsibility is because I wanted to hurt her feelings.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yeah but there's a lot of other people who hate all those other things too.

I mean we don't really believe someone like Sandi would have an intricate web of sockpuppets all set up just to poo poo on Derek Smart, do ...

Oh my God.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also, are Derek posts good again? I saw mention of some kind of lawsuit trigger or something. I'm intrigued.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You the bit in the last few days about "Matilda" demanding I apologize to Sandi and admit everything I said about suicide and responsibility is because I wanted to hurt her feelings.
Oh you're right- I forgot to include that! I'll go add that in.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

G0RF posted:

The nonsensical(?) claims to being an auditor and vitriolic reaction to Beer's letter also fits :tinfoil:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kakarot posted:

I wonder what game mechanics this guy is talking about. Certainly not those for a game that doesnt exist? (Sandi got this guy for 15K+, he'll be one of the first suicides)

First time I 100% agree with a shitizen, SC's mechanics don't allow anyone to do something like that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

If you look at the twitter accounts of the white knights, they are all following each other, they have their own little information sharing club going on. We already know Sandi keeps in touch with some of them via private emails, so them all posting similar poo poo isn't that unusual, considering they likely all have similar mental problems too. I seem to remember she even thanked one of them on twitter for defending CIG in the comments section of some news piece against that Brazilian nutter who used to post everywhere how evil CIG were.

There's this guy too.

Not that I'm knocking it, nice to have a hobby and defending Star Citizen certainly appears to be one and it's not like there's much of a game to play instead. My hobby is just watching insane people for laughs and posting about it.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Eonwe posted:

if Sandi were Karl the german auditor i'd say we close the thread and never speak of star citizen once it hit its absolute peak

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

That came from my feed. And I did a TwitLonger follow-up about it :)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snh7pg

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

My hobby is just watching insane people for laughs and posting about it.

Me too.

They're called 'Talking Points', and they tend to attempt to fix the narrative in such a way that they present a cohesive front that appears to come from many different people rather than a single source. Usually the dumbfucks bollocks it up by using the talking point language rather than the essence, so you have the same metaphor being used at the same time by the same group.

This is different to the secret forums, as they're more for strategery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, are Derek posts good again? I saw mention of some kind of lawsuit trigger or something. I'm intrigued.

Nah, it's just self quotes nested 3 levels deep. Wait for the lawsuit that's coming in 2 weeks.

• Locked thread